AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-28, 12:47   Link #61
uis

Trying to make dozen signature for saimoe like last year but kinda lazy now...

Anyway hope for entertaining saimoe this year and preliminary in july huh. Can't wait...

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
Old 2012-06-28, 21:13   Link #62
Kyuu
=^^=

Hmm. I just realized. Saki characters are eligible next year too.
Old 2012-06-29, 12:11   Link #63
RJ TAYLER

A good thing indeed especially for one pink-haired Kugu-slayer herself!

Well just hours to go till the starters gun fires.
Old 2012-06-29, 13:38   Link #64
uis

Like usual i will support my underrated anime chara first in preliminary before go to casual fanbase chara in main tourney.

Gonna recheck anime in summer 2011 so i don't missed anybody. Moe is serious business anyway and i really hate myself if i don't vote some chara because i dont watch that anime.

Old 2012-06-29, 16:10   Link #65
timbits
Harem Lead

Breaking news: hayate season 3 is confirmed for fall. and hayate characters are eligiable. As long as they survive long enough the currently airing boost might propel them forwards...this could be something big here.
Old 2012-06-29, 16:38   Link #66
uis

I don't see Hayate get that boost anyway. Fall is kinda far. Even i want see Saki vs Hayate again like 2009 that doesn't happen. Manga also in a slump lately and many people dropped it until interesting happen.

If fanbase that get boost from anime airing is Accel World, Hyouka and Yuru Yuri. These series is kinda famous in japan and Kuroyukihime is no.1 spring character from japan blog. Hyouka is no.1 in BD sales and Chitanda Eru doing great in Newtype poll. (Newtype poll mostly casual japanese voters that don't interested in saimoe anyway)

Old 2012-06-29, 17:33   Link #67
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
I don't see Hayate get that boost anyway. Fall is kinda far. Even i want see Saki vs Hayate again like 2009 that doesn't happen. Manga also in a slump lately and many people dropped it until interesting happen.
Come on, we all know Nagi will get into final just to lose again

Wait, she did it in 2007 then in 2010, so the next time should be 2013

Quote:
If fanbase that get boost from anime airing is Accel World, Hyouka and Yuru Yuri. These series is kinda famous in japan and Kuroyukihime is no.1 spring character from japan blog. Hyouka is no.1 in BD sales and Chitanda Eru doing great in Newtype poll. (Newtype poll mostly casual japanese voters that don't interested in saimoe anyway)
Come on, Onjouji Toki will thrash all of them easily...

But YRYR will certainly get a boost, not like Akarin needs one that badly.
Old 2012-07-01, 03:24   Link #68
Kyuu
=^^=

OK. Would this have any relevance here?

http://www.crunchyroll.co.uk/anime-n...gs-top-heroine

Spoiler:
Old 2012-07-01, 06:10   Link #69
stormtrooper

Spoiler for List:
Old 2012-07-01, 06:35   Link #70
uis

That list nothing special anyway because that poll already circulated among western saki fans so it irrelevant now...

Before western saki fans voting in that poll Toki and Ryuuka hold 2nd and 4th place show casual japanese anime watcher love saki too but Kuroyukihime and Nyaruko also fav with 1st and 3rd...

Old 2012-07-01, 11:12   Link #71
ion475
にこにこにー

It's Animeone poll, which can be crazy at times anyway...

Plus, if you look at the vote number (Something, well, always ignored in a certain NSFW website reporting) http://anime.biglobe.ne.jp/userranking/chara/34693/

Pretty much it's Kuroyukihime fan v. Saki fan at the end anyway. Kuroyukihime got 2811 votes while Toki got 2518. 3rd place on is around 1000....

The only thing that mean? Saki faction is able to destroy any sort of moe competition (AST included) given the opportunity, and as far as top guns from Spring goes, Kuroyukihime, Toki, Ryuuka, Nyaruko, and Eru, with Saki and Koromo certainly able to disrupt any fair competition . Yep, Saki faction is still as scary as ever.

Wouldn't be surprised if someone like Toki is sniped early on, though...
Old 2012-07-01, 12:28   Link #72
uis

Fuuny about it u don't see Nodoka in ranking but japan saki fanbase love Nodoka very much.

Latest saki chara ranking in japan Nodoka is 3rd below Saki and Toki that both 1st and 2nd.

That poll is already skewed by western fans anyway when someone put that link on 4chan and reddit. I know saki fanbase is strong but that poll didn't show characters strength for saimoe anyway...

Old 2012-07-04, 00:04   Link #73
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Has anyone found any kind of official site yet? I've yet to find anything beyond the link on page 1 when looking for "アニメ最萌トーナメント2012".
Old 2012-07-04, 01:59   Link #74
RJ TAYLER

I haven't yet and if the last few years are anything to go by, then I am out of luck voting wise anyway. So back to the stands to cheer on the hardest for me.
Old 2012-07-04, 16:24   Link #75
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
Has anyone found any kind of official site yet? I've yet to find anything beyond the link on page 1 when looking for "アニメ最萌トーナメント2012".
There's the PR site (http://ast.animesaimoe.net/) which was opened a week or so back, but it doesn't seem like they've decided on the schedule just yet. And the draw is in 3 days...
Old 2012-07-04, 21:55   Link #76
chaosprophet

Here is the full nominations list I translated. A few characters (the ones that don't have OK on the rightmost column) may have their name edited (like adding a description / nickname) or may be ruled as non eligible before the final list that comes just before the draw.
Old 2012-07-06, 11:04   Link #77
christinemarie
Crazy One

So when the party would start? I'm already vouching for Toki as a contender, she's the best with whole Saki combined along with Ro-Kyu-Bu girls, acchi kocchi, of course Ika Musume's and Shana's return.
Old 2012-07-06, 12:05   Link #78
ion475
にこにこにー

From http://ast2012.saimoe.me/schedule/

7/8: 1st Prelim Draw
7/9-7/11: Break
7/12-7/19: 1st Prelim, Group 1-8
7/20: Break
7/21-7/28: 1st Prelim, Group 9-16
7/29: 2nd Prelim Draw
7/30-8/4: 2nd Prelim (Group 1-6)
8/5: Main Draw
8/6-8/13: Break (8/10-8/12 is C82)

Main Battle:
1st Round:
8/14-8/17: Group A
8/18-8/21: Group B
8/22: Break
8/23-8/26: Group C
8/27-8/30: Group D
8/31: Break
9/1-9/4: Group E
9/5-9/8: Group F
9/9: Break
9/10-9/13: Group G
9/14-9/17: Group H
9/18: Break

2nd Round:
9/19-9/22: Group A & B
9/23-9/26: Group C & D
9/27: Break
9/28-10/1: Group E & F
10/2-10/5: Group G & H
10/6: Break

3rd Round:
10/7-10/8: Group A & B
10/9-10/10: Group C & D
10/11-10/12: Group E & F
10/13-10/14: Group G & H
10/15: Break

10/16-10/23: Group Final (A through H)
10/24: Draw for Final
10/25: Break

10/26-10/29: Quarterfinal
10/30: Break
10/31-11/1: Semi-Final
11/2: Break
11/3: Final
Old 2012-07-06, 12:18   Link #79
Wanderer
Goat

Happy Saimoe 2012 everyone. Many familiar faces. It looks like it will be an interesting year compared to last years Madoka thrashing.

And this year I will be in Japan... meaning I should be able to vote! Muahaha.

So what characters and series to watch this year? It's quite an open field and very difficult to predict. Even the most promising series' could realistically be shut out from the top 8!

-Saki- is back, with even more characters. They'll be all over the place for the first few rounds, but most of the -Saki- horde will drop once they hit any real competition. Saki, Nodoka, Koromo and Toki, (and maybe one or two other new characters) have the potential to go pretty deep. I expect one or two Saki girls in the top 8. (I'm secretly hoping for Subara' to win it all)

Estimated top 8 power: 1.6

IDOLM@STER is the other series to throw a truckload of contenders into the mix. I believe Miki will do well, but beyond that I really don't know who's got it in them to go deep in such a frantic field. Again, 1 or 2 in the top 8.

Estimated top 8 power: 1.5

Nisemonogatari has legitimate potential. The returning stars of Hitagi and Nadeko are definitely factors, but the two sisters will probably do even better. There's a decent chance of this series landing a girl, or maybe even 2, in the top 8.

Estimated top 8 power: 0.6

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai will have a decent showing from Yozora and Sena, but I wouldn't be surprised if Kobato turns out to be the show's ace. I'd say it's a 50/50 whether someone from this series makes top 8.

Estimated top 8 power: 0.5

Shana is back! Unfortunately, I don't think this will be her year. The AST community which once displayed deep loyalty to characters over the years nowadays seems to be all about what's new. Even with the boost from Shana's finale, I don't see her going the distance. Then again, it's probably her last year, which could draw some extra support.

Estimated top 8 power: 0.4

Mouretsu Pirates I think will have an impact. Each of the two main girls has their own shot at the top 8. (I haven't finished the show yet- only to EP10 or so)

Ika-Musume was the same lovable squiddy this year as she was last. She may have lost a little power since she's not so squiddly fresh this year, but she's still got a good shot to land a tentacle in the top 8.

Kamisama no Memochou gives us Alice. She's certainly got some of the most popular moe traits of the day and has a decent shot at the top 8. Her weak point is the less than stellar series she's from.

Estimated top 8 power: 0.3

The once powerful Hayate no Gotoku is at a lull. Saimoe knows the characters so well now that they just won't get excited about them over that mediocre movie, even with the new season being announced. They should be stronger next year. We can only hope.

Estimated top 8 power: 0.2

Working!! had a surprisingly good second season (a little better than the first, even). We'll see how well that translates into Saimoe power. Poplar or Yamada might make a mark this year. Top 8 chances are pretty slim, though.

Milky Holmes was a bit of a surprise last year. I didn't watch the second season, but I still think a top 8 isn't out of the question.

Rin from Usagi Drop is adorable. She should make the top 8 IMO, but I'd say the actual chances aren't very high.

Estimated top 8 power: 0.1

The impact of the unconventional Mawaru Penguindrum is difficult to anticipate. Ringo and Himari (and possessed Himari- if they define them as separate characters) might get somewhere, but it'll be tough.

Mirai Nikki has one solid contender, Yuno. I don't think she'll even make the top 8, but I'm interested to see how well the pink-haired Yandere manages nonetheless.

Nichijou will do it's best.

I watched the whole first season of Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? but wish I didn't. The series didn't do too well last year and I suspect won't this year either.

Estimated top 8 power: >0.1

K-On!! has been abandoned. We won't see much from the light music club this year either.

Fate/Zero won't be a big factor, unfortunately. Chibi Rin, Sakura, and Illya didn't have big enough parts, and the adults were just too... adult.

There are a few possible contender series that I dropped early on or never watched but know something from. The list includes Haiyore! Nyaruko-san, Zero no Tsukaima, Yuru-Yuri, Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon, MajiKoi, Guilty Crown, Last Exile, Rinne no Lagrange, and Black Rock Shooter.

So, yeah. I wonder why I like to waste my time on analysis like that. I only half understand the Japanese otaku mind in the first place
Old 2012-07-06, 15:39   Link #80
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
IDOLM@STER is the other series to throw a truckload of contenders into the mix. I believe Miki will do well, but beyond that I really don't know who's got it in them to go deep in such a frantic field. Again, 1 or 2 in the top 8.

Estimated top 8 power: 1.5
I don't see IM going anywhere. There's Miki and Iori, but I don't see them getting past Round 2 if not out in first round.

Quote:
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai will have a decent showing from Yozora and Sena, but I wouldn't be surprised if Kobato turns out to be the show's ace. I'd say it's a 50/50 whether someone from this series makes top 8.
Meat is by far their strongest girl. Kobato is about 75-80% of Meat. Yozora? She has never been popular...

Quote:
Kamisama no Memochou gives us Alice. She's certainly got some of the most popular moe traits of the day and has a decent shot at the top 8. Her weak point is the less than stellar series she's from.
Sad thing is, I'm not even sure how many even remember her. On the other hand, true fan of that series would vote based on the novel rather than the anime...

Quote:
There are a few possible contender series that I dropped early on or never watched but know something from. The list includes Haiyore! Nyaruko-san, Zero no Tsukaima, Yuru-Yuri, Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon, MajiKoi, Guilty Crown, Last Exile, Rinne no Lagrange, and Black Rock Shooter.
Nyaruko-san has Nyaruko, a Top 8 material (Of course, their strongest character is Hasuta, but Hasuta is a shota...)

Yuruyuri = Akarin is a Top 8 material. Other than that, the other girls are average in power for the most part (at least as far as I'm concern)

And you left off Eru (Hyouka), Kuroyukihime (Accel World), and more importantly, Shirakiin and Karuta (Inu x Boku SS). There is HS DxD also (Not familiar with the girls myself, so I won't comment).

Some semi-Top 8 material includes another (Mei & Izumi), RKB (Tomoka and of course, Hinata), Papakiki (Mostly Miu, Hina will get the lolicon votes), and probably a few girls that I forgot about.

On last note, Louise will assassinate someone again, mark my word.

Tags
2012, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament