AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

View Poll Results: Did you think Kiminozo had a good ending?
Played game, thought ending was good 23 6.57%
Played game, thought ending was bad 11 3.14%
Didn't play game, thought ending was good 202 57.71%
Didn't play game, thought ending was bad 114 32.57%
Voters: 350. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-01-04, 02:04   Link #1
Jasconius
HnK Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Jasconius
Good or bad ending?

Sure it's simple enough, but I'm curious as to how the split will go for both those who have played the game and those who have not. Maybe it will turn out the same, but the attitudes on the forums have seemed very different between the two groups.

I'm not really talking about whether Takayuki ended up with the character you liked, just whether you thought it was a good ending or not. I happen to be in the "not" category. ^^;

Just vote after you see episode 14, even if you know how it turns out already - I put the poll up early because I'd rather see the results of this than other options. >.>
Jasconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 04:23   Link #2
Key Board
Carbon

I only have 2 complaints:

1) Shinji
He has always been apathetic towards Haruka's condition in the anime. Unlike in the game, he never visited her even once. And now all of a sudden he attends you know what?

Does Haruka even remember him? I recall her inquiring about Takayuki and Mitsuki, but I don't recall her asking about "that person with orange hair"

He's obviously just trying to score points with his girlfriend.

2) Hontou no Takaramono sequence
As other people have said, the lessened the impact. I guess they had time constraints which obviously came from their attempt to include elements of one ending into another's

Final word:
Haruka's suit >>>>>> Haruka's white dress & sunflower hat
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 06:03   Link #3
GUTB_

The storybook sequence is the only thing that made the Mitsuki ending worth it from the emotional pay-out perspective. It was your final reward for doing everything right and moving on with life. A Mitsuki ending without the storybook is just WEAK!!
GUTB_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 19:33   Link #4
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
ha my vote is winning didn't play game and ending is bad.... how could Mitsuki win..... if Hakura or Akane won then good ending....... or maybe a tri lez ending would even be better ....
ZGMF-X10A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 19:50   Link #5
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
Hey, leave your opinion out of our throats plz =)
Colonel- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 20:43   Link #6
lordwu

I think even though the game's true ending is better, the anime ending is still good enough to get my yay vote. I agree that without the picture book sequence in the game ending is somewhat lacking emotionally but IMO the ending flashback sequences is excellent in its own right. If it were a 45 or 60 minutes episode, I believe the ending can be done better.
lordwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 21:27   Link #7
Mentar
Banned

I'll say something unexpected for me - the more often I see the final flashback part, the more I like the change. By moving the "the only gift I could make you was the gift of goodbye" line to Haruka at the beginning of the episode, it allows the message of the final book to be much more positive.

"I think I can do it, I think I can do it - I believe we CAN be friends again one day"

I like this final message very much - and the more I think about it, more so than the "game" ending message.

An unexpected change of heart for me.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 21:53   Link #8
dent
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to dent
omg, what an ending! incredible.. *___*
dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 22:09   Link #9
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

I didn't like the ending at all. It's too happy and everyone is happy. It's a fairy-tale ending and everything is nice and neat. It's like AYA Enishi with a happy ending. I think the writers came from Disney. Took something that was good and made it like an After School Special (for those americans)
________
GROOVE

Last edited by AnimeOni; 2011-03-05 at 10:58.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 22:28   Link #10
Colonel-

IT's something called communication and solving problems, i don't see the ending as "too happy." Life' also like this most of the time, you get through an armada of problems and you'll emerge happy and victorious.
Old 2004-01-05, 00:18   Link #11
GUTB_

In fact, the ending is pathetic. But no hard feelings from me, since I already knew it was thuroughly botched by ep.12.

And HOW DID I SAY IT WAS GOING TO END? I said it was going to end with a classic train-chace scene as Mitsuki is Going Away with Takayuki running desperately after her. And I was RIGHT. Of course it was also quite obvious.

Just take a step back and look at the ending -- how thuroughly botched it was. First of all, animation quality has sadly maintained the very low level of most of the series. Everything about the screenplay is just too fake; here we have two people who have *severely* damaged their relationship and become fraught with emotional issues -- including but not limited to: lack of comitment, running away, jelousy, cheating, guilt and retailiation. All of this -- crowned by Mitsuki's act of open unfaithfulness -- is tossed effortlessly aside in the matter of a few minutes. Shinji is shunted off to the sidelines like the nothing bit-role character the anime has turned him into (Miki is kind like insult to injury -- here's an even more throw-away bit role character as your consolation prize).
GUTB_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 00:26   Link #12
Elite n00bie

Send a message via AIM to Elite n00bie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel-
IT's something called communication and solving problems, i don't see the ending as "too happy." Life' also like this most of the time, you get through an armada of problems and you'll emerge happy and victorious.
Yeah exactly, it was trying to explain how to solve personal problems with a positive outlook. As for me, I enjoyed the ending but was a little dissapointed how they didn't show the scene with Mitsuki reading her child that book
Elite n00bie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 00:40   Link #13
Colonel-

GUTB? Low animation quality? You ask for too much =P I personally think the animation and art of this show's very well done.

What's your definition of good animation?
Old 2004-01-05, 00:46   Link #14
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUTB_
In fact, the ending is pathetic. But no hard feelings from me, since I already knew it was thuroughly botched by ep.12.

And HOW DID I SAY IT WAS GOING TO END? I said it was going to end with a classic train-chace scene as Mitsuki is Going Away with Takayuki running desperately after her. And I was RIGHT. Of course it was also quite obvious.

Just take a step back and look at the ending -- how thuroughly botched it was. First of all, animation quality has sadly maintained the very low level of most of the series. Everything about the screenplay is just too fake; here we have two people who have *severely* damaged their relationship and become fraught with emotional issues -- including but not limited to: lack of comitment, running away, jelousy, cheating, guilt and retailiation. All of this -- crowned by Mitsuki's act of open unfaithfulness -- is tossed effortlessly aside in the matter of a few minutes. Shinji is shunted off to the sidelines like the nothing bit-role character the anime has turned him into (Miki is kind like insult to injury -- here's an even more throw-away bit role character as your consolation prize).
Wow, for once we agree on this series. If they hadn't had takayuki spend so much time chasing after Mitsuki, I think they could have saved the ending. They meet, get into a huge fight, Takayuki says he loves her, fight stops, and the agree to try to work past the problems they've caused each other. That would have been good. Instead they just pretended that nothing happened, which sucked.
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 00:52   Link #15
juri_miki
Death Note Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to juri_miki Send a message via AIM to juri_miki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Wow, for once we agree on this series. If they hadn't had takayuki spend so much time chasing after Mitsuki, I think they could have saved the ending. They meet, get into a huge fight, Takayuki says he loves her, fight stops, and the agree to try to work past the problems they've caused each other. That would have been good. Instead they just pretended that nothing happened, which sucked.

That would've been 10x better, but like that was never going to happen. That's wishing for too much.
juri_miki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 02:55   Link #16
Eloking

Send a message via MSN to Eloking
I agree with juri_miki, Kamui4356 and the other. To me, that anime was the best I've saw for now but we can't decide anything without the ending and now that I see it, I'm a little disapointed...

Ok, the ending is well made but all is just doing....too well. I can't hide it, I've always prefered Haruka to Mitsuki and I felt sorry for her . There's a lack of development in this...to see that everyone is happy that easily...no I can't take it . Of course, she have really big point (These have surprised me kinda much ) and the way that she compare the series to the fairy Mayauru was simply...wonderfull. But, for me, it can't just...go on like that. Of course, it wouldn't have been really better if Takayuki have gone with her because we would get the same problem with Mitsuki.

Personnaly, I think that's the editor fault . A wonderfull ending was nearly impossible now. That could have been avoidable in the second half of the episode but, well...I guess it's too late . How could he go with either Mitsuki, Haruka or either of them. Could you find a "All mighty ending" with that? (Well...maybe an Akane ending lol). But seriously, I think the ending was destined to be not that great since the second part of this series.

BUT, that doesn't mean is awful. I was really surprised of how the make the ending. When I see the ep 13, I really fear that they'll srewed up the ending by doing something stupid (Remember Scrapped Princess's ending ? ) but it's not that bad. For where they were, they do a great job. I think thoug that 1 or 2 min are missing in the end. They could have tell us more about the 2 happy lover there but there's nearly nothing. We see much about Haruka and Akane (maybe a little too much of Akane. I don't hate her but she is not a principal character) , Shinji, Mitsuki's boss and the mermaid but where is the two principal characters? Something is missing. I don't know, our 4 buddy could a maked a meeting or something like that. Ok, ok I think that would have sucked too :P but there's just...something that's missing in the end.

I'll finish my (kinda big) advice with this :

For me, Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien's ending is similar to Lastexile's one for 1 main reason : It's a good ending, but not as great than the whole series.

Last edited by Eloking; 2004-01-05 at 03:12.
Eloking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 03:06   Link #17
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
some are just butt-hurt cuss Haruka didnt end up with taka, oh well
thre is still the game, lots of endings to choose from if you dont like the anime.

I LOVED IT!
Loki_Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 03:33   Link #18
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

I didn't like it. I'm not going to waste 30 minutes of my life to explain why. But two notes:

*1*

It said 'A few years later', but when you look at the crowd at Akane's swim competition, you see that a lot of them are in high school uniforms belonging to her school. We know that during most of the series Akane was at least a 2nd year student because we saw her addressing her kouhai in Episode 3 or something right? That made me think that only one year had passed, but I'm probably wrong. She probably just has fans from her old high school/old swim team that come watch her compete.

*2*

It was strange, because my best friend (girl) and I right now are having some problems with unintentionally hurting each others feelings. Some of the lines that were said in the final episode seemed to be directly corrolated with our relationship right now, which is weird. Hmm maybe I should make her watch KimiNozo
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 07:44   Link #19
Crimson
Ecchi Nazi

Send a message via AIM to Crimson
I loved the ending because its a Mitsuki ending and she's happy ^^. I would have prefered the Mitsuki ending from the game when they show her baby but hey, we can't be picky.

And i can bet a million bucks that 99% of the people that voted that the ending sucks are Mitsuki haters and Haruka fans, lol. yeah, i feel all your pain...... NOT!
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 07:53   Link #20
Mentar
Banned

Well, I've talked to several Haruka supporters, and most of them still liked the ending alot.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote