AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2018-04-06, 02:25   Link #41
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I really think Railgun S was the best Index anime so far by a mile... But yeah, the filler was pretty meh... But the good parts were pretty amazing.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-06, 07:41   Link #42
Natsurin
Memento Mori
*Graphic Designer

Honestly, I think it'll be kind of a given that Index III's visual assets will be heightened from previous seasons, since that's how it's always been with the series. Index II looked pretty neat when compared to Index I, and Railgun S looked amazing compared to Railgun, so it makes some decent amount of sense that more budget will make Index III look somewhat similar to what Railgun S did. Unless Miki had to scrape the project off the ground so badly it was only approved under tight-ass budget, but I don't think that's likely.

So let's not start wishing Nagai's incompetence at directing things with substance in recent years onto Index III...
Old 2018-04-06, 22:45   Link #43
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsurin View Post
Honestly, I think it'll be kind of a given that Index III's visual assets will be heightened from previous seasons, since that's how it's always been with the series. Index II looked pretty neat when compared to Index I, and Railgun S looked amazing compared to Railgun, so it makes some decent amount of sense that more budget will make Index III look somewhat similar to what Railgun S did. Unless Miki had to scrape the project off the ground so badly it was only approved under tight-ass budget, but I don't think that's likely.

So let's not start wishing Nagai's incompetence at directing things with substance in recent years onto Index III...
I suppose so I guess.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-06, 23:52   Link #44
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsurin View Post
I think I need some more info here. Outside of Raildex, what has Nagai done that has people calling him incompetent. I only know about Gundam IBO of which I didn't think there was any significant criticism of aesthetics-wise. But I'm clearly out of the loop here.
Old 2018-04-09, 11:04   Link #45
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Nagai?
Please no. Not again.

Edit:
Just watched Franxx episode 14 that had Nagai as director, yeah no, screw Nagai he literally made the worst episode of the series after the previous one that was labeled as the best so far(not directed by him). I don't want him to ruin it.

Last edited by Kuroageha; 2018-04-14 at 11:02.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-29, 04:14   Link #46
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Index III is confirmed Fall 2018. Holy shit, can you believe it?
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-29, 06:14   Link #47
Keila

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
Not unless it's actually screening (until then it's just hopes and dreams)
Old 2018-05-30, 02:55   Link #48
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Of all places i find this out from its comicbook.com lol

http://comicbook.com/anime/2018/05/0...ase-fall-2018/
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-06, 10:48   Link #49
EasyGo-er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Of all places i find this out from its comicbook.com lol

http://comicbook.com/anime/2018/05/0...ase-fall-2018/
Confirmed Fall 2018 for sure now.

https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/1004383731459584000
EasyGo-er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-06, 16:23   Link #50
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

Yeah, I can not wait for more Misaka and Touma. Greatest news I have heard lately.
Old 2018-06-06, 17:24   Link #51
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
I think I need some more info here. Outside of Raildex, what has Nagai done that has people calling him incompetent. I only know about Gundam IBO of which I didn't think there was any significant criticism of aesthetics-wise. But I'm clearly out of the loop here.
I think it's mostly just the Railgun filler that people are butthurt about which as far as I'm concerned has always been a bit harsh. Yeah, the fillers weren't that great but they weren't really that bad either and I wonder if the people complaining about the filler have ever had to put up with the crap they used to give us with Bleach and Naruto. And his direction with the actual canon stories was always top notch and heavily under-appreciated. Those arcs were extraordinarily well done. At times, I thought they were phenomenal and even above anything I'd seen in Index. At the end of the day, the decision to do fillers are something which may or may not have even been in his control and are almost always done because they are considered to be the least worst option. And fillers for an ongoing series are almost always destined for failure. Either they're a pointless waste of time because they aim to achieve nothing substantial or they aim to achieve something substantial and thus break with the canon.

And outside of Railgun he's not had problems. He directed Ano Hana (great) , Ano Natsu (great), Anthem of the Heart (great) and Gundam IBO (okayish imo though its quite popular). His pedigree as a director is undeniable. And episode directing isn't the best indicator for the record: Especially if you're hating on an episode due to the writing which is established before an episode director does their bit.

Last edited by Haak; 2018-06-06 at 18:09.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-07, 06:52   Link #52
AP24

Key visual for 3rd season

AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-07, 10:20   Link #53
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
And outside of Railgun he's not had problems. He directed Ano Hana (great) , Ano Natsu (great), Anthem of the Heart (great) and Gundam IBO (okayish imo though its quite popular). His pedigree as a director is undeniable. And episode directing isn't the best indicator for the record: Especially if you're hating on an episode due to the writing which is established before an episode director does their bit.

If I remember right, Nagai wanted to kill off the entire cast of IBO near the end as a lesson, but had to be reined in by the writers. Considering the bad guys won there, there's reasons to be wary. But Index has a source material to draw from and I doubt they'll deviate from it, so the director doesn't really matter.
Old 2018-06-08, 11:29   Link #54
EasyGo-er

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Key visual for 3rd season

With colour.
EasyGo-er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-08, 16:24   Link #55
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGo-er View Post

With colour.
Its a little disappointing how Mikoto is in the center spotlight with what she does in the the shit season III covers, which is practically nothing at all (her exposure from OT14-16 is only in 3 chapters).
I hope they tone down her exposure cause she's no selling point for season III, someone like Kanzaki or Itsuwa would be a better fit. Speaking of which, I hope they get popular again too
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-08, 23:08   Link #56
LG-MAX 2.o

Mikoto in the center, taking the biggest stand, huh?

Some things never change..
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 10:21   Link #57
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

It's just a key visual, the director said he was going to follow only the LN contents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I think it's mostly just the Railgun filler that people are butthurt about which as far as I'm concerned has always been a bit harsh. Yeah, the fillers weren't that great but they weren't really that bad either and I wonder if the people complaining about the filler have ever had to put up with the crap they used to give us with Bleach and Naruto. And his direction with the actual canon stories was always top notch and heavily under-appreciated. Those arcs were extraordinarily well done. At times, I thought they were phenomenal and even above anything I'd seen in Index. At the end of the day, the decision to do fillers are something which may or may not have even been in his control and are almost always done because they are considered to be the least worst option. And fillers for an ongoing series are almost always destined for failure. Either they're a pointless waste of time because they aim to achieve nothing substantial or they aim to achieve something substantial and thus break with the canon.

Uhhh, if you knew the manga you would know the anime basically whitewashed Misaka of her character flaws on the manga, making her like a pure moral icon which she isn't.

And it's pointless, the staff is the one with Nishikiori.
Old 2018-06-09, 10:44   Link #58
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Uhhh, if you knew the manga you would know the anime basically whitewashed Misaka of her character flaws on the manga, making her like a pure moral icon which she isn't.
In the filler?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 20:40   Link #59
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGo-er View Post

With colour.
I hope this means we will be getting a trailer soon.
Old 2018-06-10, 00:13   Link #60
ramlaen

Quote:
Its a little disappointing how Mikoto is in the center spotlight with what she does in the the shit season III covers, which is practically nothing at all (her exposure from OT14-16 is only in 3 chapters).
I hope they tone down her exposure cause she's no selling point for season III, someone like Kanzaki or Itsuwa would be a better fit. Speaking of which, I hope they get popular again too
Realize that you are complaining that one of the most popular (if not the most popular) characters in a franchise is appearing in promotional material. She would be a selling point for season 3 even if she only had a single scene.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote