AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2010-09-26, 16:46   Link #381
FeistyDreams

Hahah, yeah, it's a bunch of flashbacks. Without looking up the kanji, I don't know most of what's said. But parts like praying at the shrine, Kaname is asking him what he wished for since he asked her, and he doesn't say. What he had wished for was to stay by her side always. Then talking with Lemon he basically says that he'll return with Kaname no matter what, after Lemon had asked him about Nami and the likes. Then the next black page his "I hate this, I don't want to die... I want to return to that school with her...!!" Then he's surprised he's alive and asks Al how they survived the nuke.

Then it's something like "I managed to return to that warm place with her." She wakes him up, not sure exactly what she says, too much kanji to look up XD Kanji is my weakneeesss~ Anyways, then he says that he's very happy at that moment and thinks about how in his life he was able to meet so many people and the likes. Then the last page 愛してる……かなめ is I love you... Kaname. and あたしも愛してるソースケ is I love you too, Sousuke.

I canNOT read the last kanji there, so I have no clue what that closing line is. Well, there's a simplistic summary of it, fairly easy to grasp most of that without really knowing what's being said though ^^;
Old 2010-09-26, 19:20   Link #382
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
Hahah, yeah, it's a bunch of flashbacks. Without looking up the kanji, I don't know most of what's said. But parts like praying at the shrine, Kaname is asking him what he wished for since he asked her, and he doesn't say. What he had wished for was to stay by her side always. Then talking with Lemon he basically says that he'll return with Kaname no matter what, after Lemon had asked him about Nami and the likes. Then the next black page his "I hate this, I don't want to die... I want to return to that school with her...!!" Then he's surprised he's alive and asks Al how they survived the nuke.

Then it's something like "I managed to return to that warm place with her." She wakes him up, not sure exactly what she says, too much kanji to look up XD Kanji is my weakneeesss~ Anyways, then he says that he's very happy at that moment and thinks about how in his life he was able to meet so many people and the likes. Then the last page 愛してる……かなめ is I love you... Kaname. and あたしも愛してるソースケ is I love you too, Sousuke.

I canNOT read the last kanji there, so I have no clue what that closing line is. Well, there's a simplistic summary of it, fairly easy to grasp most of that without really knowing what's being said though ^^;
See that helps ^.^..especially the last part, thankies fiesty! ^-^...i guess thats why the collection is called Colors or something. Meaning all the many colors he's met. Only to end up at the #1 color he loves...

awww i love it...

am such a sap lol...

yeah man, why is Kanji so freaking hard?! They either know it..or not. What gives? Memorizing so many but what if you hit one you've never seen before? Can you sound it out? Can you guess? How the hell do you look those things up in a dictionary? By how many lines it has?(hypothetical questions Fiesty, you dont have to answer XD) LOL..

Oh god..it drives me nuts..@_@...
Old 2010-09-26, 20:39   Link #383
FeistyDreams

XD I know you said I don't have to answer, but I will anyways =P Yeah, you look it up by strokes and radicals. As for guessing the word, can't really guess at how to say it, but if you know the radicals, you can try to make a guess at the meaning. It doesn't always work.

人 is person, 内 is inside, and 肉 is written with both of them, it means "meat." So it's like... "inside person" XD Not all make as much sense though... The problem with that last kanji is that I can't see the radicals clearly enough and my trying to look it up hasn't yielded any promising results, sadly. I'll try to look at it more closely later, but I don't think it'll work x_x I don't think that character is in my dictionary...
Old 2010-09-28, 09:55   Link #384
YaminoSeigi

Compiled the pixiv pics collection if anyone interested

http://www.mediafire.com/?a0b76zbllh2cz8b

not many pictures but there are some nice fanarts.
Old 2010-10-12, 20:46   Link #385
Reynardine

I've been a lurker for a while XD......but I noticed I might be of some help here..........I'm not fluent in Japanese at all, but kanji I'm ok with. Lol.

The kanji you're looking for is probably this one, Fiesty:

http://jisho.org/kanji/details/%E7%B9%8B
Reynardine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 16:00   Link #386
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

FIIIESSSTTYYYY!!!!
Omg am gonna cry...
what is happening in this comic!? its new!

http://colca.ciao.jp/s_ky.htm

*CRYS!*

By the way fiesty, where do you live?..o.O Itd be so nice to meet FMP fans in a near by anime convention ^.^
Old 2010-10-17, 17:11   Link #387
FeistyDreams

Bahah, it's adorable. Lucky for me, it's got basic grammar and vocab, so I need to look up very little...

「!?ち・ちどり...?」 "!? Chi-Chidori...?"

「!もしかして俺にキスをしようとしたのか?」 "! W-Were you going to kiss me?" (the moshikashite at the beginning is kinda like... "can it be." So he's kinda in disbelief that that's what was going on. my mind is just refusing to come up with a good translation right now)

「すまなかった千鳥!」 "I'm sorry, Chidori!"

「今度は必ず目を閉じたままでいるぞ」 "This time I'll be sure to keep my eyes closed the whole time"

「頼む」 "Please!" (it's "tanomu" which has a bit stronger a feel than your usual "onegai" for please... it's like "I'm relying on you" -rely being one of the direct translations of the word- or "I'm begging you" is what it's usually translated as when I hear it)

「うっさい もう絶対ヤダ」 "SHUDDUP! Ahh, I give up!" (the first word is written "Ussai," she's kinda muffling the word "urusai" for "shut up." the "mou zettai ya da" is kinda like "never again" "I give up" "no more" "this is all no good" ...the last one is probably the most literal, take your pick of translations, it's all up to context and how you wanna take her words specifically in this instance)

「ちどり―」 "Chidoriii" (as far as I can tell, he's whining XD that's how I'm taking it anyways)

Well, there's that...

I live in Phoenix, Arizona. I'm gonna try to make it to A-Kon (Texas) or Anime Boston (I'm from Massachusetts) next year, hopefully... I plan on cosplaying as Sousuke ^^
Old 2010-10-17, 22:46   Link #388
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Bahah, it's adorable. Lucky for me, it's got basic grammar and vocab, so I need to look up very little...

「!?ち・ちどり...?」 "!? Chi-Chidori...?"

「!もしかして俺にキスをしようとしたのか?」 "! W-Were you going to kiss me?" (the moshikashite at the beginning is kinda like... "can it be." So he's kinda in disbelief that that's what was going on. my mind is just refusing to come up with a good translation right now)

「すまなかった千鳥!」 "I'm sorry, Chidori!"

「今度は必ず目を閉じたままでいるぞ」 "This time I'll be sure to keep my eyes closed the whole time"

「頼む」 "Please!" (it's "tanomu" which has a bit stronger a feel than your usual "onegai" for please... it's like "I'm relying on you" -rely being one of the direct translations of the word- or "I'm begging you" is what it's usually translated as when I hear it)

「うっさい もう絶対ヤダ」 "SHUDDUP! Ahh, I give up!" (the first word is written "Ussai," she's kinda muffling the word "urusai" for "shut up." the "mou zettai ya da" is kinda like "never again" "I give up" "no more" "this is all no good" ...the last one is probably the most literal, take your pick of translations, it's all up to context and how you wanna take her words specifically in this instance)

「ちどり―」 "Chidoriii" (as far as I can tell, he's whining XD that's how I'm taking it anyways)

Well, there's that...

I live in Phoenix, Arizona. I'm gonna try to make it to A-Kon (Texas) or Anime Boston (I'm from Massachusetts) next year, hopefully... I plan on cosplaying as Sousuke ^^
OMG YOUR AMAZING! XD!! that helps so much!

Anime Boston? The massive one? OMG i might go to that one! I have someone i might meet over there, if i do it'd be awesome to see you ^.^..

Sousuke? o.o..really? can you pull it off?
Old 2010-10-17, 23:05   Link #389
FeistyDreams

Anime Boston is an amazing con, I've been to it 3 times. ^_^ I'll definitely let ya know if I'm gonna be able to make it! It'd be awesome to meet up with more FMP fans~

Pretty sure I can pull Sousuke off. Most I would need is color contacts, and to dye my hair a bit... I'm going gray early x.x;; I'm small enough in the chest area that the uniform style he wears won't show it off much. I've done a Roy Mustang before (though back then I had long hair...) I'm growing my hair out a bit so that way I can make sure to get it cut in just the right way, and I'll have to figure out how to style it. My hair is about the right length now, but not quite the right style for me to even work it out.

I always have a somewhat severe expression on my face, and when my hair was REALLY short, I've been mistaken for a guy often enough that I know my features are androgynous enough for me to pull it off XD

Here's a pic of me as Roy, with a random Ed and Hughes. They were awesome... oh man, that Hughes was great... I was standing in line for something and he comes running across the hall screaming "MUSTAAAANNNGGG!" and he threw his arm around my shoulders and shoved that pic of Elysia in my face and started going off about his "beautiful angel" and so on XDDD

...Yeeeaaah, if my hair isn't framing my face a certain way, I look like a guy XD I'm really not complaining though, it actually amuses me that sometimes I can look so very much like a girl 'omfg how could you ever mistake me for a guy', to 'wtf that's a chick?' depending on just the hair XDDD It can be fun messing with people~

But, er, yeah... I'll take more care into actually fitting the character this time, when I did Roy, there were a lot of things I SHOULD have done to look more like him, but didn't... Oh well, despite being one of the only girls playing him and having long hair, I pulled it off better than some of the people... *shrug*

I'll also be sure to stay in character, for the most part... If anyone tries to hump my leg THIS time, they shall stare down the barrel of my Glock! ...or whatever I manage to get that can resemble it. ...Long story... Cons can be very strange...
Old 2010-10-18, 17:57   Link #390
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Anime Boston is an amazing con, I've been to it 3 times. ^_^ I'll definitely let ya know if I'm gonna be able to make it! It'd be awesome to meet up with more FMP fans~

Pretty sure I can pull Sousuke off. Most I would need is color contacts, and to dye my hair a bit... I'm going gray early x.x;; I'm small enough in the chest area that the uniform style he wears won't show it off much. I've done a Roy Mustang before (though back then I had long hair...) I'm growing my hair out a bit so that way I can make sure to get it cut in just the right way, and I'll have to figure out how to style it. My hair is about the right length now, but not quite the right style for me to even work it out.

I always have a somewhat severe expression on my face, and when my hair was REALLY short, I've been mistaken for a guy often enough that I know my features are androgynous enough for me to pull it off XD

Here's a pic of me as Roy, with a random Ed and Hughes. They were awesome... oh man, that Hughes was great... I was standing in line for something and he comes running across the hall screaming "MUSTAAAANNNGGG!" and he threw his arm around my shoulders and shoved that pic of Elysia in my face and started going off about his "beautiful angel" and so on XDDD

...Yeeeaaah, if my hair isn't framing my face a certain way, I look like a guy XD I'm really not complaining though, it actually amuses me that sometimes I can look so very much like a girl 'omfg how could you ever mistake me for a guy', to 'wtf that's a chick?' depending on just the hair XDDD It can be fun messing with people~

But, er, yeah... I'll take more care into actually fitting the character this time, when I did Roy, there were a lot of things I SHOULD have done to look more like him, but didn't... Oh well, despite being one of the only girls playing him and having long hair, I pulled it off better than some of the people... *shrug*

I'll also be sure to stay in character, for the most part... If anyone tries to hump my leg THIS time, they shall stare down the barrel of my Glock! ...or whatever I manage to get that can resemble it. ...Long story... Cons can be very strange...
XD You need to see that awesome video of a girl using makeup to look like a guy, let me see if i find it..

AH! here it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDruP...layer_embedded

AMAZING!

I have..WAAAYYY too much chest to pull off as a guy..I can say I have enough to be Chidori XD...

OMGOSH what if i be chidori? XD I hope I bump in to you and be able to halisen you to death..XD JK...okay..maybe once? *dances* YAY! I love the idea ..^^...

You go girl! and be mister meanie looking Sousuke..XD...

thats hilarious about the random Huges LOL! I love anime cosplays cause you get to be as GOOFY as you want! and get others to join the fun, i love it! XD!!
I hope you find a Kurtz! XD!!! Maybe I should be Mao? rofl..
Old 2010-10-29, 01:44   Link #391
Luthon

Cover for the !4 Volume of the Sigma manga.
Luthon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 23:55   Link #392
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Spoiler for SxK:
Old 2011-02-04, 04:03   Link #393
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Love the first image.

Beautiful.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 21:11   Link #394
illuminatus8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Love the first image.

Beautiful.
OK, when I glanced at that first image I was really concerned about what was going on there.

Then I calmed down and looked at it again.
illuminatus8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 00:35   Link #395
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

^- Oh you
Old 2011-02-09, 13:57   Link #396
Cenit
Linkinball Z

Send a message via ICQ to Cenit Send a message via AIM to Cenit Send a message via MSN to Cenit
Really like this first one. Looks lovely.
Cenit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 11:43   Link #397
Cenit
Linkinball Z

Send a message via ICQ to Cenit Send a message via AIM to Cenit Send a message via MSN to Cenit

Inspired by Illsteir's Avatar i mirrored the the AS from the Spinoff Art by Shikidouji but kept some details from the unmirrored head so it looks mor naturally ... hope you like it ^^

Also i don't think that mech looks that bad...
Cenit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 13:27   Link #398
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

I never thought it was bad. But that's probably a biased opinion since I'm a fan of Kanetake Ebikawa.

The head and the color scheme is very reminiscent of the Wildfalken from SRW:
Old 2011-05-27, 01:41   Link #399
Trudy

Abstratica (http://fmp.abstratica.org/gallery.html) hosted a number of FMP images from Dragon Magazine and art books and playing cards that I'd never seen before; it appears that the domain expired, and all the images are now long gone.

Did anyone happen to save everything from the site? Would you be willing to zip 'em all up for sharing? If not, does anyone have the image of Kaname in a pilot uniform sitting on the shoulder of an Arm Slave?

Thanks~
Trudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-27, 04:07   Link #400
Frostbitten

You mean this?

Spoiler for :
Frostbitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
images