AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2016-03-13, 07:51   Link #381
Fairy Water

ok

maybe I misread the info.
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-13, 09:52   Link #382
tuckersister

Erika and Tatsuya fought each other toward the end of the volume. It's probably dealing with Toshi's death.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-13, 11:14   Link #383
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Going by the description of his fight with Tatsuya, Erika wouldn't have had any problem with Toshi. He attacked with magic swordman's attacks, just like she does, and had a field of psion around him that attack like gram dispersion cancelling spell cast at him but not physical attacks. He was also quite the dummy.

Considering her sword technique was said to be superior and that she is is faster than him, it shouldn't have been much of a problem. Seeing her bro turned into a puppet might have cause some emotional trauma though.
She is the better swordsman and the fastest, fastest in the series even but not the better magic swordsman. I don't think she is strong enough to beat him yet.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-13, 13:00   Link #384
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
She is the better swordsman and the fastest, fastest in the series even but not the better magic swordsman. I don't think she is strong enough to beat him yet.
The novel said (in the Visitor arc, over a year ago in the story) that Erika only worthy opponents in the clan (of magic swordsmen) were her two brothers and her father. It's not something you write unless you meant that she was on par with them.

Also, swinging a sword is as much, if not more important, to the Chiba's techniques than casting magic is. Having better magical aptitude (it is never mentioned that Toshi does between) isn't enough to make you a better magic swordsman, you need those swordsmanship skills too.

Last edited by azarhal; 2016-03-13 at 20:07.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-13, 19:48   Link #385
pampz21
ShipCore

I wonder what's the SS about? There's really no indication of the plot. The only thing was when Leo met Ernst but Erika wasn't on the venue at that time. Another one was that Ersnt gifted Leo a CAD as a thank you. Really how Satroll connect that to the current plot?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-13, 20:33   Link #386
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
I wonder what's the SS about? There's really no indication of the plot. The only thing was when Leo met Ernst but Erika wasn't on the venue at that time. Another one was that Ersnt gifted Leo a CAD as a thank you. Really how Satroll connect that to the current plot?
I read on 2chan that it is called 「薔薇の誘惑」(Temptation of a rose), they might be speculating but it was listed along all the other 9SC SS already released that will make the compilation. I'm pretty sure it will cover the time Erika couldn't be at the tea party which fit with Leo getting in an argument with Ersnt as well.
Old 2016-03-13, 21:20   Link #387
Fairy Water

Maybe being beat up to tear fit Erika character better still...

With these duel, even Erika isn't at her best. I hope she becomes stronger like her Baka aniki so that she won't be defeated as fast as this time again.
Old 2016-03-14, 00:38   Link #388
Echizen777

Quote:
The novel said (in the Visitor arc, over a year ago in the story) that Erika only worthy opponents in the clan (of magic swordsmen) were her two brothers and her father. It's not something you write unless you meant that she was on par with them.

Also, swinging a sword is as much, if not more important, to the Chiba's techniques than casting magic is. Having better magical aptitude (it is never mentioned that Toshi does between) isn't enough to make you a better magic swordsman, you need those swordsmanship skills too.
She can be on par in terms of pure swordsmanship or it means the others are not good enough as sparring partners. In a straight fight there's no way she can be on par with Naotsugu, Toshikazu is of course weaker than Naotsugu but he should be comfortably stronger than Erika in magic combat. Erika and Leo are the strongest Course 2 students but even ignoring the Shiba siblings and Minami several Course 1 students are stronger than them, among her friends it's quite obvious that Miki is above the two.
Old 2016-03-14, 11:50   Link #389
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Water View Post
Maybe being beat up to tear fit Erika character better still...

With these duel, even Erika isn't at her best. I hope she becomes stronger like her Baka aniki so that she won't be defeated as fast as this time again.
Nah thats just how Tatsuya shows his love. Remember what Erika told him when she was being a maido? (I wish I can see it again) anyways he says Tatsuya is "Cold" thats why she can vent on him. Tatsuya didn't want to change that view. And Erika appriciate that part of Tatsuya. Thats why she fell in love with him in the first place thats why she wants to be strong because Tatsuya give her the impression that just because you are a girl; I will take you easily "not"; unlike how he treats Miyuki like he spoils her. Ikr stupid logic but clearly its workable basically its just like a s/m play.

@echizen
Dude we discuss this a long time ago; magic battle no one can win against course 1 student. But Magic combat are different. Beside pretty sure it been said that Erika is the fastest in series. Thats already "canon". There are only handful of people who can defeat/par her in speed this includes Yakumo, Kazama and Yanagi which Tatsuya hasn't defeated once. So spec wise Erika has more advantage than Toshi

Quote:
I read on 2chan that it is called 「薔薇の誘惑」(Temptation of a rose), they might be speculating but it was listed along all the other 9SC SS already released that will make the compilation. I'm pretty sure it will cover the time Erika couldn't be at the tea party which fit with Leo getting in an argument with Ersnt as well.
The title sounds "lewd" by Rose mean Rozen? Does Erika meet the Rozen Family now? Maybe Leo would finally talk to Tatsuya about this in vol. 20 In the end we don't know who created Hliðskjálf pretty sure germans has something to do with it.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Last edited by pampz21; 2016-03-14 at 12:01.
Old 2016-03-14, 12:43   Link #390
Echizen777

I am talking about magic combat. Right now Hanzo, Sawaki, Tomitsuka and Mikihiko are stronger than her. I said myself that she is the fastest character in the series, but speed is not everything. She excels at Personal Acceleration and her casting speed must be good at it but there is no indication that she is decent with other magics. Yakumo is the only one he didn't beat. He is acknowledged as the strongest member of the 101.
Old 2016-03-14, 13:00   Link #391
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
I am talking about magic combat. Right now Hanzo, Sawaki, Tomitsuka and Mikihiko are stronger than her. I said myself that she is the fastest character in the series, but speed is not everything. She excels at Personal Acceleration and her casting speed must be good at it but there is no indication that she is decent with other magics. Yakumo is the only one he didn't beat. He is acknowledged as the strongest member of the 101.
Well they are stronger than her in magic calculation; etc. but that doesn't say they can win against her. Unless they have other tricks on their sleeves and traps Erika like Minami did as spam the whole area with barrier in front of a boxing ring. Erika weakness are AOE; but not alot of people can use AOE base magic as it consume alot of psion. Erika can just annoy her opponents with fly strategies and make them run out of psion. Beside the people you stated are purely 1v1 people.

Edit: the only difference in course 1 and course 2 are how good they are in calculation; complexity and I forgot the other criteria. Well you know it doesn't even say how powerfull their magic are.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Last edited by pampz21; 2016-03-14 at 13:23.
Old 2016-03-14, 13:07   Link #392
azarhal

Quote:
Nah thats just how Tatsuya shows his love. Remember what Erika told him when she was being a maido? (I wish I can see it again) anyways he says Tatsuya is "Cold" thats why she can vent on him. Tatsuya didn't want to change that view. And Erika appriciate that part of Tatsuya. Thats why she fell in love with him in the first place thats why she wants to be strong because Tatsuya give her the impression that just because you are a girl; I will take you easily "not"; unlike how he treats Miyuki like he spoils her. Ikr stupid logic but clearly its workable basically its just like a s/m play.
I'm not sure about it being like s/m personally...

Quote:
The title sounds "lewd" by Rose mean Rozen? Does Erika meet the Rozen Family now? Maybe Leo would finally talk to Tatsuya about this in vol. 20 In the end we don't know who created Hliðskjálf pretty sure germans has something to do with it.
Rosen means rose in german, so I think it does refer to them, but it could also refer to Erika herself which wouldn't exclude the Rosen from the equation anyway.

I'm getting the feeling that Erika is already acquainted with them though going by Miki knowing that Ernst is Anna's cousin and that convo with Tatsuya happened before Leo's argument with Ernst and Erika missing the "tea party"...
Old 2016-03-14, 13:08   Link #393
-Mahesvara_

Quote:
I wouldn't say she's the fastest in the series, Tatsuya just acknowledged that she's the fastest person he knows.
-Mahesvara_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-14, 13:27   Link #394
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:

Rosen means rose in german, so I think it does refer to them, but it could also refer to Erika herself which wouldn't exclude the Rosen from the equation anyway.

I'm getting the feeling that Erika is already acquainted with them though going by Miki knowing that Ernst is Anna's cousin and that convo with Tatsuya happened before Leo's argument with Ernst and Erika missing the "tea party"...
Hehehe

Yeah; you think they want Erika back? I can't really see Satroll how is he gonna connect the SS to the whole series. Unless he wants Erika to acts as villain; but she too weak for Tatsuya's opponent. Maybe another damsel in distress kinda thing?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2016-03-14, 15:01   Link #395
azarhal

Quote:
Hehehe

Yeah; you think they want Erika back? I can't really see Satroll how is he gonna connect the SS to the whole series. Unless he wants Erika to acts as villain; but she too weak for Tatsuya's opponent. Maybe another damsel in distress kinda thing?
One thing is sure, they don't seem to have attempted to kidnap her and she willingly attended what ever she was asked to attend during the 9SC. It's hard to guess what the Rosen wants with her though. She's not a techie, not a spell researcher nor a super magician.

As for the future, I don't see Erika in a damsel in distress role or as an antagonist for Tatsuya (despite them butting heads once in a while).

I think the SS is mostly to develop Erika and Leo (and the Rosen), which have been lacking over year 2 arcs. There might even be flashbacks, the Miki's 9sc SS is 90% flashbacks (to his past pre first high). As for the rest of the plot, the Rosen might have a role to play later on. For all we know, the next enemy is going to be from one of the EU instead of the USNA.

Last edited by azarhal; 2016-03-14 at 15:36.
Old 2016-03-14, 20:32   Link #396
Fairy Water

I think Rozen could do Sth to boost Erika. But I need a reason before that.
Quote:
I think both of them r S
Old 2016-03-15, 11:10   Link #397
Echizen777

Quote:
Well they are stronger than her in magic calculation; etc. but that doesn't say they can win against her. Unless they have other tricks on their sleeves and traps Erika like Minami did as spam the whole area with barrier in front of a boxing ring. Erika weakness are AOE; but not alot of people can use AOE base magic as it consume alot of psion. Erika can just annoy her opponents with fly strategies and make them run out of psion. Beside the people you stated are purely 1v1 people.

Edit: the only difference in course 1 and course 2 are how good they are in calculation; complexity and I forgot the other criteria. Well you know it doesn't even say how powerfull their magic are.
I only mentioned Hanzo, Sawaki, Mikihiko and Tomitsuka because I am talking about magic combat. If it was magic in general all the Course 1 students would be mentioned. Mikihiko is definitely winning, he's noticeably above Leo and Erika, as well as Hanzo and Sawaki(these two are the strongest non 10MC first years), maybe she can win against Tomitsuka but I doubt it.
Old 2016-03-15, 13:32   Link #398
azarhal

Quote:
I only mentioned Hanzo, Sawaki, Mikihiko and Tomitsuka because I am talking about magic combat. If it was magic in general all the Course 1 students would be mentioned. Mikihiko is definitely winning, he's noticeably above Leo and Erika, as well as Hanzo and Sawaki(these two are the strongest non 10MC first years), maybe she can win against Tomitsuka but I doubt it.
I'm not sure what Miki has done that mark him as "noticeably" above Erika and Leo. They have totally different roles. Miki is support. Leo is the tank. Erika is the damage dealer. Mikihiko couldn't scratch Michaela while Erika had no problem stabbing her for example. Also, in team fights Erika always end up juggling multiple opponents while Miki provide support.

By the way, Erika's evaluation of Hanzo's combat abilities are interesting: she evaluated Leo to have superior potential as a combat infantry magician than him...
Old 2016-03-15, 22:38   Link #399
amtro
Distro

Personally I'd like to know more about Tatsuya's confrontation with Erika. What was said during and after. How Erika reacted and what happened after she was beaten.
Old 2016-03-18, 19:57   Link #400
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Personally I'd like to know more about Tatsuya's confrontation with Erika. What was said during and after. How Erika reacted and what happened after she was beaten.
I wouldn't call it a confrontation. Their meeting started with Erika thanking, very politely, Tatsuya for having brought back her brother's corpse and she asked some questions about what happened. Then she asked him to fight her.

The after the "duel" start with Tatsuya giving her an handkerchief to clean up her tears. She thanks him and start to complain. First, she said he would have cut his hand if it had been a real sword. Second, she pointed out the way too early kick. After that she asked if her baka-aniki was strong and seemed content with Tatsuya's praise of her brother.

When Tatsuya leaves the Chiba house, if I understand the raw properly (I'm not 100% sure of the interpretation), he tells Yakumo that he doesn't understand why she let herself be beaten/hit on purpose.