AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-11-12, 10:51   Link #2481
yeahitschris

Quote:
Rumor: Sony leaks screens of next PS3 firmware, Facebook integration

Earlier today, website Scrawl stumbled upon what appears to be an unintentional first glimpse at a major PS3 firmware update. The somewhat tiny images Scrawl found buried, yet publicly accessible on Sony Computer Entertainment Europe's website, seem to hint at native Facebook integration on the console, along with the ability to change "gamer card" colors (as if the current friends list wasn't obnoxious enough) and view thumbnails of photos in a grid layout.

The images are still up as of this posting, but we'd imagine Sony will be pulling them before too long -- legit or not. After all, these could simply be mock-ups of design ideas meant for internal eyes only, just ... bungled. The one element that isn't design-related, the Facebook settings subsection of User Accounts, has us thinking there's a higher than average chance these aren't simple mock-ups, but rather the result on a Sony slip-up.

We contacted SCEE regarding the images and were told by a spokesperson that the company "doesn't comment on rumor or speculation."

[Thanks Alex!]
i see no point in this, we already got web browser o well.. i would much rather see a firmware that allows us to make our own folders under MUSIC/VIDEOES/PHOTOs. i have too many animes/movies in there :/ i wanna make a movies folder and an anime folder. not Jan 09 Feb 09 etc
Old 2009-11-12, 12:25   Link #2482
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
[

Though I must comment that the sexual tones are a bit on the high side with some of the more ranuchy lines ("Do I looked the type who like children ? But making them however....."), tease (*taunting enemies by spread legs wide apart* and goes "Come on !") and attacks (executing a femaline shape enemy bondage style on a wooden horse.)
you just made me hate that game even more and female MCs.
Old 2009-11-12, 20:31   Link #2483
Shadow Kira01

I do know that the original PS3 is capable of installing an external HDD in less than 5 minutes but does anybody know if the PS3 Slim is also capable of doing the same or not? I had seen in stores that PS3 160GB external HDD only costs 80 bucks while 500GB external HDD for laptops costs around 120 dollars.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 20:51   Link #2484
ZeroForever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNxgRmWYwR8

not to hard.
Old 2009-11-12, 23:02   Link #2485
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
you just made me hate that game even more and female MCs.

Why so serious ?
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 23:29   Link #2486
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:

Why so serious ?
lol pathetic, instafail game.
Old 2009-11-12, 23:40   Link #2487
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Maybe it's just me, but I have a high tolerance level for B-Grade campy stuffs and I believe I've mention I enjoyed this game for what it is.

After all this came from the very person that pushed out instant classics like DMC, Bio 2 (RE2) and Okami
Old 2009-11-13, 00:38   Link #2488
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Why do you even bother? Some people think that only games they like are worthy to the name "good games", and other are just trash.

Things I don't like about Bayonetta is only her character design, and her voice. Overall the game deserves what it received from all the reviewer out there (not count Famitsu, since the only thing I know about their review is their score). Didn't have much interest on this game until tried out at my friend's place. The gameplay and level designing alone worth the praise.
Old 2009-11-13, 01:16   Link #2489
plmko

Quote:
Maybe it's just me, but I have a high tolerance level for B-Grade campy stuffs and I believe I've mention I enjoyed this game for what it is.

After all this came from the very person that pushed out instant classics like DMC, Bio 2 (RE2) and Okami
Indeed Free Radical produced the classic FPS series Time splitters, that doesn't imply that HAZE was good.
plmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 01:21   Link #2490
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by plmko View Post
Indeed Free Radical produced the classic FPS series Time splitters, that doesn't imply that HAZE was good.
But did they struck gold 3 times in a row under different IP ? Here lies the difference.
Old 2009-11-13, 01:51   Link #2491
u43368
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahitschris View Post
i see no point in this, we already got web browser o well.. i would much rather see a firmware that allows us to make our own folders under MUSIC/VIDEOES/PHOTOs. i have too many animes/movies in there :/ i wanna make a movies folder and an anime folder. not Jan 09 Feb 09 etc
Hope not. I'd rather they make the xmb menu not suck instead of implementing another half assed feature.
u43368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 04:56   Link #2492
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Kyero, you do realize that taking things beyond the extremes is often called a parody, right? You're supposed to laugh and give wolf whistles during moments like this, not take it seriously.

This game is one of those you need to play on the couch with a couple of friends laughing and making hilarious comments from either side.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 08:05   Link #2493
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Kyero, you do realize that taking things beyond the extremes is often called a parody, right? You're supposed to laugh and give wolf whistles during moments like this, not take it seriously.

This game is one of those you need to play on the couch with a couple of friends laughing and making hilarious comments from either side.
nope, I find it stupid. Not every male gamer is a sucker for pointless/stupid fanservice to get people to play. and yes i have played it (a VERY LITTLE) and it felt like I was just playin DMC with 100% more Eye candy.

btw i find mindless fansevice and eye candy very annoying in action video games.

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2009-11-13 at 09:17.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 11:07   Link #2494
Statonxyb
hrm

Hey, it's Devil May Cry with a female lead.

How boring.
Old 2009-11-14, 05:13   Link #2495
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Somebody needs to re-upload the fight with Sapientia to show the essence of this game.
Old 2009-11-14, 07:28   Link #2496
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
I was tempted by all the youtube's spoilers of Bayonetta, so I picked up a copy.

Let's just say I've completed the game three times and it's still entertaining and fun... it's like a wacky DMC with pure fun mixed action. Unlike NGS2 and DMC4 which both seemed a bit tedious at times, this game was is refreshingly good... there's even a mini (angels shooter) game inbetween chapters.
you mean hard? NGS2 takes skill and so does DMC4 with comboing and being careful. not to mention the lack of GUNS. don't compare this game to Ninja Gaiden
Old 2009-11-14, 07:46   Link #2497
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Somebody needs to re-upload the fight with Sapientia to show the essence of this game.

Found it. Epic Gospel BGM. Godzilla Mecha Fortress Boss. Sea Battle and a Gore-lish finisher. What more could you ask ?
Old 2009-11-14, 09:52   Link #2498
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
No I'm positive I meant tedious (aka. wearing, boring, tiring, monotonous, dull)... doesn't all games require a certain amount of skills, even Bomberman (not to mention difficulties can be adjusted). The only difference is some games are actually more fun without feeling too repetitive.

As far as I know anything can be compared, as long as there's a good reason behind it.

Don't worry mate no need to discuss your hate for Bayonetta any further, we know you're not interested in it for "such and such" reason which would make it pointless to continue.
just like Heavenly sword was a female version of God of War, Bayonette is a female version of DMC. (which lacked playable Lady and Trish >< )

yea, it is pointless to continue. why don't we talk about something thats actually cool. Like more upcoming games that will be better.
Old 2009-11-15, 00:05   Link #2499
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
you mean hard? NGS2 takes skill and so does DMC4 with comboing and being careful. not to mention the lack of GUNS. don't compare this game to Ninja Gaiden
Hum... I don't think NGS2 takes that much skill. The game was VERY easy compared to the first one.

The first one was crazy hard, but NGS2 got so much stuff changed with Ryu and the camera that the game got easy. If you use the trick of doing izuna drop all the way, you can beat the game with no sweat...

Oh yeah, i played Braid... It's a lot like Super Mario with some strange puzzles. If you like Mario, you should get this game.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 00:30   Link #2500
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:

Why so serious ?
Hmmm...likes to torture, believes in higher powers, likes to shoot things, wears glasses...

A game in which the main character is a British-accented carbon copy of Sarah Palin?

FAIL.

Tags
console, ps3, sony