AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-05, 00:38   Link #201
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnab View Post
Although this is a spoiler board, it would still be irresponsible for me to mix in my own subjective speculations of the unwritten plot (that's where half the story sits, and the readers' own joy to discover and theorize) with what is written. People who have not read the story yet are vulnerable to Inception. So I'll be careful, and you still keep a big grain of salt in front of your monitor.

How Time works is central to this and many other Haruhi stories. But by Vol.11 we still don't quite know how exactly Tanigawa's Time works. It's probably deliberate. The author doesn't want to give away the shop and, I believe, knowing how Time works might automatically reveal the true intentions of the Mikuru(Big) faction, which may or may not serve the best interest of other SOS-dan members (look for the guilty expressions of Mikuru(Big) in certain moments of anime).

At the climax of Surprise it was revealed that (besides the sibling part) (a) Future CAN change, and (b) Mikuru(Big) and Fujiwara are from different/alternate futures. This differs from the typical SciFi time-traveling paradigm of "I can't help do the right thing for the future, because there's could be only one future." Fujiwara's future is predicated on Haruhi losing her power. We know she won't, yet Fujiwara existed.

Nevermind the seeming paradox, setup like this actually creates better story opportunities down the road. Who's to say Mikuru's future will be the the one chosen, or for that matter Mikuru(Big) is the definite future of Mikuru(Small)? Ah, the possibilities.
Hasn't something about this been touched on earlier? Like how Mikuru and Tsuruya weren't supposed to know each other?
Old 2011-06-05, 02:31   Link #202
ijuinkun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnab View Post
At the climax of Surprise it was revealed that (besides the sibling part) (a) Future CAN change, and (b) Mikuru(Big) and Fujiwara are from different/alternate futures. This differs from the typical SciFi time-traveling paradigm of "I can't help do the right thing for the future, because there's could be only one future." Fujiwara's future is predicated on Haruhi losing her power. We know she won't, yet Fujiwara existed.
Given that individual time travelers still appear to have no free will regarding the fulfillment of their own timelines (i.e. they must rely on somebody else for any actions that do not conform to their own history), it appears that any given time traveler is still "anchored" to their own timeline in a sense. Multiple versions can apparently coexist as long as the "present" is not one that precludes any of them (e.g. Fujiwara and Mikuru(big) can coexist up until the point of an event that would inevitably prevent one of them).
Old 2011-06-05, 03:45   Link #203
virox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
15498 mark already passed. so what was the bonus?
Old 2011-06-05, 03:51   Link #204
Wigwams

discount...?
Old 2011-06-05, 04:08   Link #205
s07195
However,

It says "Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 3rd season anime decided (confirmed)"

No really?
Old 2011-06-05, 04:12   Link #206
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by virox View Post
I hope that was the result of someone jumping the gun a little rather than someone trolling Haruhiists.

Since this is the weekend, I'll give it a few more days for official word on what the announcement is, but a new season of Haruhi would not be an unreasonable guess at this point. Then again, I have low expectations and this could be Kadokawa announcing an anime of The Vanishing of Nagato Yuki-chan

But I have been hoping for a new season of the Haruhi for a while and that was my wish on the Haruhi Negai site, so I am going to wait and see and hope that by this time next year, we'll all be talking about how well they animated that car chase in Intrigues.
Old 2011-06-05, 04:48   Link #207
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Read this guys.

Old 2011-06-05, 05:12   Link #208
dnab
anime berkeley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
15498 mark already passed. so what was the bonus?
The wishes are being placed on the virtual bamboo leaves and off towards the Milky Ways. On this July 7 those wishes may be answered.

I didn't make this up. The Marketing did.
Old 2011-06-05, 09:08   Link #209
Ypocaramel

Man if I ever go back for a MBA in marketing, I'm doing a project on Haruhi.
Old 2011-06-05, 19:25   Link #210
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
There was some talk about the theories of time travel and how the two timelines play into the discussion earlier in the thread. I've gone ahead and translated the portion of the epilogue where Koizumi talks about his theories. I've gotten permission to post this excerpt, so this is it for the epilogue.

Remember that Koizumi has been known to falsify things as well as that these are only theories.

I apologize for the white background in the images. It was easier to make it white than to try and match and color from the board.

Spoiler:

Yes, that's the entire conversation. Something unrelated is asked by Kyon immediately after, so the end isn't as abrupt in the novel.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2011-06-05, 19:39   Link #211
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Trouble is...the truth in Haruhi tends to be a mix of what Koizumi, Asahina, and Nagato say it is. And I tend to listen to Nagato for truth more than Koizumi, even though Koizumi may have the best presentation of what may be going on.
Old 2011-06-05, 20:35   Link #212
ll DeV ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
There was some talk about the theories of time travel and how the two timelines play into the discussion earlier in the thread. I've gone ahead and translated the portion of the epilogue where Koizumi talks about his theories. I've gotten permission to post this excerpt, so this is it for the epilogue.

Remember that Koizumi has been known to falsify things as well as that these are only theories.

I apologize for the white background in the images. It was easier to make it white than to try and match and color from the board.

Spoiler:

Yes, that's the entire conversation. Something unrelated is asked by Kyon immediately after, so the end isn't as abrupt in the novel.

Sir, I can't understand the last image. Someone care to explain it further to me? Thanks
Old 2011-06-05, 20:46   Link #213
ijuinkun

Nagato has the best "bird's eye view" of things since she can see the information that is hidden from mere humans, but she is also the least skilled in explaining it to a human. Koizumi is the best at explaining things, but he has the least information at his disposal.
Old 2011-06-05, 22:04   Link #214
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

On explaining to Kyon:

Itsuki thinks: "I'm not 100% sure what's going on here, so I'll tell Kyon what I can afford for him to know and fill in the rest with educated guesses, BS, and stuff I picked up from Doctor Who, making sure to cast the time travelers in a bad light whenever possible..."
Itsuki says: "This is what we know..." *grabs a pen and paper*

Mikuru thinks: "I need to help him out, so I'll tell Kyon-kun everything I know."
Mikuru says: "Kinsoku jikou desu..."

Nagato thinks: "There is a 97.41% possibility that he lacks the intelligence to understand my explanation."
Nagato says: "It is impossible to sufficiently explain using linguistic methods."
Old 2011-06-06, 00:32   Link #215
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

ahh it make sense.

Spoiler for theroy:

how that

Old 2011-06-11, 16:56   Link #216
Asa Lostar

Send a message via AIM to Asa Lostar Send a message via MSN to Asa Lostar Send a message via Yahoo to Asa Lostar
I wonder how far along translations for these books are -- if there is any progress for that matter at all..

The Gamma Dimension: Defying destiny only takes desire.
Old 2011-06-11, 23:10   Link #217
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa Lostar View Post
I wonder how far along translations for these books are -- if there is any progress for that matter at all..
Not far enough.
Old 2011-06-12, 17:28   Link #218
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

I think the epilogue and the final chapter are close to being finished. I think.
Old 2011-06-12, 18:21   Link #219
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Send a message via MSN to Jonbob0008
Gah, and I was planning to reread the whole series before reading the newest novels. It's going to take me a month to get through it all (I'm a slow reader).
Old 2011-06-14, 12:55   Link #220
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

So...anyone else read the final chapter yet?
Closed Thread

Tags
haruhi suzumiya, light novel, spoilers