AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-08, 16:41   Link #1801
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
HMV has it for 31,521 yen plus shipping. A bit cheaper than CD Japan.

I'll confirm that only the episodes have subtitles. I have my own set and have viewed it many times.
Alright, thanks ultimate. I might actually snag Lucky Star blu ray before getting this.
Old 2012-04-10, 18:37   Link #1802
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Sorry for double posting, but if I were to order the BD set now would I still get the shitajiki/ boards, or was that just a limited offer for when it was released?

Edit: Also, Amazon.co.jp is being rather annoying to me ~ I'd like to it to ship to CA but for some reason it's telling me it can't..which I kind of find hard to believe o_O
Old 2012-04-10, 18:43   Link #1803
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRanger View Post
Sorry for double posting, but if I were to order the BD set now would I still get the shitajiki/ boards, or was that just a limited offer for when it was released?
They're included in each box. The only limited exclusives were store-related, so everything in the listing is still present for importers.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2012-04-11, 01:23   Link #1804
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Edit: Also, Amazon.co.jp is being rather annoying to me ~ I'd like to it to ship to CA but for some reason it's telling me it can't..which I kind of find hard to believe o_O
Unfortunately, that's correct. Amazon Japan doesn't ship to addresses outside of Japan.

Have you tried CDJapan?

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (English Audio) Blu-ray Complete BOX [Limited Edition]

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-04-11 at 11:54. Reason: I stand corrected since I thought AJ didn't ship outside Japan...
Old 2012-04-11, 03:05   Link #1805
Grahf616
High Saint of Asakuraism
*Author

Quote:
You may also wish to try a deputy service. It might result in a minor net savings. Honestly though CDJapan might be the best choice if you don't want a large hassle about it, despite the higher price.
Old 2012-04-11, 06:42   Link #1806
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Unfortunately, that's correct. Amazon Japan doesn't ship to addresses outside of Japan.

Have you tried CDJapan?

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (English Audio) Blu-ray Complete BOX [Limited Edition]
Amazon Japan themselves ship outside of Japan, but they are out of the Blu-ray Box. The Box is only for sale through re-sellers, which do not usually ship outside of Japan.

SRanger, the link I posted from HMV would be the current cheapest way for you to obtain a new copy. CDJapan charges MSRP which they give a little discount.

Old 2012-04-11, 15:26   Link #1807
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Quote:
Amazon Japan themselves ship outside of Japan, but they are out of the Blu-ray Box. The Box is only for sale through re-sellers, which do not usually ship outside of Japan.

SRanger, the link I posted from HMV would be the current cheapest way for you to obtain a new copy. CDJapan charges MSRP which they give a little discount.
Thanks ultimate. The sale with HMV only applies if you buy multiple products though, so I might just grab like the cheapest thing on sale as well, haha.
Old 2012-07-05, 01:30   Link #1808
Animexcel

Found some new images, but haven't seen a release date yet. :<

Old 2012-07-11, 10:28   Link #1809
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Haruhi-chan/Churuya-san petite figures are expected to be sold starting in October of this year:
Finished products via HobbySearch:

Price:7,772 yen for the set.

Old 2012-07-13, 19:08   Link #1810
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Sorry for the double post, but I think this will please a lot of fans. The Noizi Itou Haruhi artbook, Haruhism has been licensed and will be released in 2012 by UDON. This is an absolutely lovely artbook and well worth a purchase.

Old 2012-10-02, 18:04   Link #1811
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Made this for another forum, but it'll fit here as well. Some AS posters may know we have a thread in General Anime that tracks Oricon numbers for series. Oricon is a research firm who tracks the vast majority of retailers in Japan and what they sell for CDs, DVDs, BDs, books, movies, and the like. There's one problem though: Oricon is not all-inclusive. Here's what I've tabulated thus far:

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (2006 DVDs+event)
  321,165 - DVD LE, 2006
  *15,238 - DVD RE, 2006 (estimate ~1,600 for vols. 3, 5, 6, and 7)
  *28,584 - DVD Gekisou event
  364,987 - Oricon total
  800,000 - Claimed sold (Source: Chou Gekkan Haruhi Newtype magazine, 2009-05)
  Oricon coverage: 46%

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (BD Box)
  34,000 - Oricon
  50,000 - Claimed shipped (Source, 2010-11-29)
  Oricon coverage: 68%

Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu
  101,704 - LE BD
  **2,030 - RE BD
  *29,893 - LE DVD
  **1,283 - RE DVD
  134,910 - Total (Oricon)
  200,000 - Claimed sold (Official Fanbook - Suzumiya Haruhi no Kansoku, 2011-05)
  Oricon coverage: 67%

That gives us a total of:
(1/2) Haruhi franchise totals (2006, Gekisou, BD-Box, Shoushitsu):
*533,897 - Oricon
1,050,000 - Claimed
(Sourced above)
Oricon coverage: 50.8%

The 2009 DVDs and Gensou were tabulated by Oricon, but Kadokawa did not give numbers for them, so I cannot include them in this status. Regardless, this is why any comparison of Haruhi sales tends to underestimate the franchise compared to shows like -monogatari (80% Oricon coverage). In reality, from what we have (excluding movie, but adding BD-Boxes), both are around the same sales potential (83,333-85,000 per item), but since we use Oricon numbers, there's a huge gap in what we perceive their sales to be.

Just thought it'd be interesting to post over here too.

Old 2012-10-12, 19:42   Link #1812
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Udon Licenses Haruhi, Vocaloid, Growlanser Art Books

The Haruhi artbooks in question: Haruhi Suzumiya Illustrations: Spring & Summer and Haruhi Suzumiya Illustrations: Autumn & Winter and due in the second and third quarters of 2013.
Old 2012-10-14, 22:15   Link #1813
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Sorry for the double post, but I think this will please a lot of fans. The Noizi Itou Haruhi artbook, Haruhism has been licensed and will be released in 2012 by UDON. This is an absolutely lovely artbook and well worth a purchase.
Udon has delayed this artbook to Q1 2013 according to their NYCC post.

Old 2012-11-22, 08:04   Link #1814
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

There will be a new Noizi Itou Haruhi artbook entitled Haruhi Hyakka ("Hundred of Haruhi Flowers" or so) released in May 2013. This artbook will contain a short story from Tanigawa!

Old 2012-11-22, 08:15   Link #1815
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

nice, i hope it focus on Rival group and smiley face girl

Old 2012-11-22, 20:10   Link #1816
ijuinkun

The word "Hyakka", if written with a different kanji for "ka", can also mean "encyclopedia", so I think the title is also a pun on "Haruhi Encyclopedia".
Old 2013-01-23, 23:51   Link #1817
Grahf616
High Saint of Asakuraism
*Author

Has there been any word as to when the Asakura!robo might be released? I don't want to miss it.

Also, those petite figures are really hard to find. I want the Achakura and Ashakura ones, but I can't find them individually on any auctions, and I don't want to buy a whole set when there may not even be the figures I want in it. Oh well, at least it's only a small figure rather than something like a Freeing release.
Old 2013-01-24, 07:07   Link #1818
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahf616 View Post
Has there been any word as to when the Asakura!robo might be released? I don't want to miss it.
They better release that MikuruRobo first (first revealed in Febuary 2011, nearly two years ago)! No release date/prototype image/news has been revealed since those first images last year for any of the "Robo" figures.

Old 2013-02-16, 01:05   Link #1819
Grahf616
High Saint of Asakuraism
*Author

So, what's the deal with this?

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/0316...8238860_nrn_lm
Old 2013-02-16, 07:17   Link #1820
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahf616 View Post
It's an official "anthology" licensed by Yen Press that focuses on Kyon and Koizumi specifically. These releases are different artists contributing short non-canon stories set in the universe and compiled together by the publishing company. Yen licensed this anthology (which it's unusual for one to be licensed) and is releasing it this month. It's been announced since last Sakuracon in April.

Closed Thread