AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-31, 00:29   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai - Character Discussion - Kashiwazaki Sena

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Kashiwazaki Sena related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.
  • Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
  • Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
    • Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
    • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.
    • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-11-01 at 23:16.
Old 2011-10-31, 18:19   Link #2
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Sena's case is somewhat simple, but a bit sad. She's beautiful and busty, but sadly it causes all her peers to view as a piece of meat. It's almost certain nobody treats her like an actual person. And what's worse, with her being smart too, people really have nothing on her and get jealous, thus the hating starts. The result is a conceited but very capable person that considers herself above the stupid peasants.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-10-31, 18:25   Link #3
Rozen Van Kaizer
Rozen Von Keiser

Sena's reason why she didn't have much friends is the most unrealistic to me (probably together with Kodaka and his misunderstandings). I mean cmon even if you have all those boys you cant have every single girl hate you. Infact, getting girl-friends will be as easy specially with all those boys following you. Plus she has the fortune too, who ever said money can't buy you friends probably never heard of how money can still bring friends.

Btw, is Sena's mother also British? Cause if she is then there should be a huge connection to Sena's family with Kodaka's
Old 2011-10-31, 18:30   Link #4
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Sena-chan! I'd never look at you as only meat! Now step on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozen Van Kaizer View Post
Btw, is Sena's mother also British? Cause if she is then there should be a huge connection to Sena's family with Kodaka's
Sena-chan is actually Kodaka's long lost sister!? That explains why Kobato and Sena are usually in the same pic together, not to mention Kodaka's dad being friends with Sena's dad, those two father's must have had an old bet back in the day, like see who gets the wife preggers the most will be the winner. Poor Kobato-mommy, she probably couldn't take the strain and left this ugly and beautiful world....

*snap*

Huh wha? What did I just type?
Old 2011-10-31, 19:30   Link #5
Miraluka
Banned

@oppaitron: I will step on you if you keep playing the weirdo ,

Anyway, it seems 90% of the forum population eats meat, not suprising, people is usually carnivorous.

Its quite interesting how the ojou-sama type of character become so damn popular maybe to her open mind characteristics that made of her a stylish otaku and gamer.
Old 2011-10-31, 19:46   Link #6
Rozen Van Kaizer
Rozen Von Keiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Anyway, it seems 90% of the forum population eats meat, not suprising, people is usually carnivorous.

Its quite interesting how the ojou-sama type of character become so damn popular maybe to her open mind characteristics that made of her a stylish otaku and gamer.
I could have sworn this thread isnt the "Meat and Protein"

Mother of God, you are right! Ojou-sama types are mostly on my bottom list. Specially the:
Blonde (I prefer Yozora's hair style)
Egotistic
Huge knockers (Sena's meat should be in the "a little too big" category) and
Little Miss Perfect at Every dam thing

I don't really pay much attention to ojou-sama types, specially in Harem where they are mostly an annoyance with there trademark "Ohohohoho~desu-wa" (God! Good thing Sena doesn't have this). But then again I don't think Sena is a complete Ojou-sama type. Like some wise man said on other thread, all these characters have multiple different traits in them which made them a little more special.
Old 2011-10-31, 19:57   Link #7
mangatron

^-- The thing about Sena-chan, she may have those oujosama traits, but she's surprisingly with one very rare trait among oujosama's: she rather quite honest. She says what she wants, and when she's picked on by Yozora, she doesn't take it without a comeback of some sort. Truly a fascinating girl....

Quote:
@oppaitron: I will step on you if you keep playing the weirdo ,
But it's a perfectly valid reason I questioned the rather large amount of Infinite Stratos' pics that usually had Laura and Shirley together, and seeing the logical reason for that, I wouldn't be surprised if Kodaka is somewhat related to Sena

Quote:

Yes, we like meat. On it's own, it's a taste like no other. Now when we add sauce on the patty, it becomes more delectable. For example, putting mayonnaise on it, hmmmmm such a sight, me putting that white stuff all over the me- *get's stepped on by Sena-chan*

There was nothing suggestive about this post! *runs*
Old 2011-10-31, 20:06   Link #8
Rozen Van Kaizer
Rozen Von Keiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
^-- The thing about Sena-chan, she may have those oujosama traits, but she's surprisingly with one very rare trait among oujosama's: she rather quite honest. She says what she wants, and when she's picked on by Yozora, she doesn't take it without a comeback of some sort. Truly a fascinating girl....
I don't know, I'm pretty sure most Ojou-sama types are honest too, except when its about their love interest. They definitely will fight back infact, they are also commonly recognized as always in-conflict to most number of female characters. Hence why they are Egotistic, they never want any other girls to be better than them in anyway. Sena kinda has this trait, but so far Yozora is her only threat.... probably Rika on the way....
Old 2011-10-31, 20:25   Link #9
Miraluka
Banned

Well, I thinks its because she is open to changes that people likes her, we know just because a character has a good figure it will get automatically a fanbase (except the tsundere...).
Old 2011-10-31, 20:32   Link #10
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Sena's reason why she didn't have much friends is the most unrealistic to me (probably together with Kodaka and his misunderstandings). I mean cmon even if you have all those boys you cant have every single girl hate you. Infact, getting girl-friends will be as easy specially with all those boys following you. Plus she has the fortune too, who ever said money can't buy you friends probably never heard of how money can still bring friends.
First, she wants "true friend". Second, you don't know about Japanese and Korean girls, if you think her reason of not having friend is unrealistic.

And most ojou-sama type isn't honest, when their pride is on the line. Sena is different if you ask me. She may feel embarrassed and try to hide it initially, but she will come out and say she's lonely when she is. I like girls who can throw their pride aside to say what they want or how they feel.

Pride is what makes a tsundere girl, and I like them for that, but that doesn't mean I'm not appreciated Sena for being honest.

Btw, I see the meat community is going strong.
Old 2011-10-31, 20:34   Link #11
mangatron

Quote:
Hence why they are Egotistic, they never want any other girls to be better than them in anyway. Sena kinda has this trait, but so far Yozora is her only threat.... probably Rika on the way....
I definitely compare it more to "pride" rather than honesty. I... would go on about dictionary definitions, but those two cannot be compared.

Let's say, for example (I might not do this well in my current state of mind) when Sena wanted to join the club, she burst out saying "I want to have friends too". If that was a girl full of pride, she would probably say something along the lines of "A perfect person like me would be a perfect fit for this club, so let me show you commoners how to really make friends" and then follow that with a "hohoho", which isn't exactly honest

Another example would be the pool segment, Sena asked Kodaka to teach her how to swim. Going by the dictionary definition of Egotistic, when asked why she couldn't swim, she would have said something along the lines of "I'm betting I would swim easily if I tried". Clearly a big difference there, and why I feel she is more honest than prideful or egotistic.
Old 2011-10-31, 20:43   Link #12
Miraluka
Banned

Having pride doesn't mean you can't be honest...
Old 2011-10-31, 20:57   Link #13
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
I haven't seen much of the anime, since Funimation only has the first two episodes out, but I like her so far. She's cute and compaed to Yozora I think she's a pretty nice character.

Set by TheEroKing.

Last edited by .:Jason:.; 2011-10-31 at 22:35.
Old 2011-10-31, 21:30   Link #14
mangatron

Quote:
I did say it earlier, but in my state of mind at the time meant that I would compare what Rozen said to pride rather than honesty, not about what I meant.

It's just how she's been portrayed so far doesn't give off a stuck-up prideful snotty attitude compared to other prideful girls.
Old 2011-10-31, 21:32   Link #15
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Usually that's the case, though. People who have high pride will feel insulted when they have to lower themselves to ask other for favor.

And just to remind you, we're talking about people who have high pride, aka ojou-sama type, not just "have pride".
Old 2011-10-31, 21:34   Link #16
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Can somebody bring up that meat picture again lol? (the one with half cooked, raw, etc) again? xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2011-11-01, 14:10   Link #17
christinemarie
Crazy One

Sena-chan a.k.a. Meat should be part of the Ben-to anime and trade places with Shaga since both of them are almost alike at some point. What I love with Sena is she gives her 100% on anything that she gets interested with but at some point gives up if she thinks it's pointless with a good comparison to Maho's attitude (Ro-Kyu-Bu!). I add Sena-chan on my friend zone list for that.
Old 2011-11-02, 08:05   Link #18
Rethice
Kingslayer

Send a message via AIM to Rethice Send a message via MSN to Rethice
My name is Reth and I am a Sena fan.

Love that meat. <3
Old 2011-11-02, 14:35   Link #19
relentlessflame

*Administrator

This is just my own personal little gripe/hang-up (I'm saying this totally as an anime viewer only, whatever role on the forum I have totally notwithstanding), but I have to say that one of the things that kind of turned me off to this show is the fact that the fanbase constantly refers to Sena as "Meat" too. I totally understand why Yozora did it, and even that Sena has accepted it as her first nickname... but even if this is supposed to be part of her character (and all fanservice shows unavoidably objectify women), I still can't get over the disrespect of talking down about even a fictional character that way. I think that, even from what we've been shown in the show so far, there's actually a lot more going on in her character, and people referring to a large-breasted character as "meat" as some sort of term of endearment or "battle cry" doesn't send a good message about her good points to anyone. Yozora chose that term because it's an insult, and fans of the character referring to her in the same way seems just as insulting to me (and insulting to the intelligence of the show and its fanbase -- it's like we've become savages or something). So my wish is that fans of Sena would refer to her by name, because even as a fictional character, she's a lot more than just "meat". Again, I'm saying this totally as an individual fan, not anything else.

Anyway that's my own personal rant for whatever it's worth. I know everybody's just trying to have fun in the spirit of the show... but yeah. Now back to your regularly scheduled discussion...
Old 2011-11-02, 15:45   Link #20
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'm glad someone said this because frankly I've never liked that nickname. Thought it was just me.

Anyway, Senna is easily my favourite character but I can't deny it's probably mostly thanks to her being voiced by Kanae Ito. Love that voice.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters