AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-03-12, 12:14   Link #3041
ChronoReverse

Excellent. Rakan is nicely demonstrating the art of countering fast with slow. Akatmatsu also considered what happens when one increases just the speed stat unlike the usual shonen fare.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 12:32   Link #3042
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Wow Rakan pawn him badly ... Negi defeated?
Ako was cute .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 12:49   Link #3043
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Or the kid learns to mix light and dark powers together. Who said that you can only use one type at any one time?
No one, but it isn't exactly a fault here. Regardless if it is possible or not, merging antipode forces is always something that is automatically rejected, because most of the time, they will negate each other, unless you do something that force a "fusion" or create a totally new element.
merging + and - will generally converge into 0, and that is the normal conclusion anyone would have.

And since Rakan offered 2 distinct paths, it is very unlikely it is possible, or mages would actually be popping around with both magic schools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Wow Rakan pawn him badly ... Negi defeated?
Ako was cute .
Considering that Negi didn't seem to have used a "final trump card", it is unlikely he is defeated (well, even if we got the cliché ZETSUBOU moment after his overwhelming loss).

That said, even if Rakan determined a way to counter the lightning speed, there is no guarantee that Negi cannot use decoy steamers etc. Actually, it is a bit weird that Negi didn't disrupt the whole area with a lightning storm or something like that: not only it would prevent Rakan to figure where is his destination point, but it would probably improve Negi's possibilities.
Old 2009-03-12, 14:09   Link #3044
ZeroForever

well Rakan was kinda beating the living crap out of negi while explaining the weakness of the spell so Negi didn't really have much time to think of a counter measure.

Also noted was that negi would have to cast such a spell again and know how to manually deploy such a effect like decoy streamers, while he might already know how more likely he doesn't since it was clearly something he himself didn't notice he was doing despite creating the spell.
Old 2009-03-12, 14:12   Link #3045
Pong

I don't think he will mix dark and light powers... at least no in this fight. I think that Neg will first once overuse Blak magic and go berserk before he diversifier his moveset.

Quote:
Yet, in this battle that will end the first half of the story,
Wait how do you know the first half end here? Did I miss something??
Pong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 14:14   Link #3046
Boduar

He has plenty of other artifacts he can still use ... off the top of my head I am guessing healing + prediction may come in handy against rakan although I am not sure whether he can both use them while fighting.
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 14:32   Link #3047
orangejuicetang

The problem with that is that I just don't see Rakan giving him the time to do something like that. Maybe it's just me but I loled at the part where Rakan was like, "It's a good thing I fought that ultimate spirit of lightening in that dungeon." or w/e

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 15:18   Link #3048
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Im pissed at the rooster head, too think he had the nerves too do that. I mean its like a chicken picking a fight with a snake.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 16:16   Link #3049
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pong View Post
Wait how do you know the first half end here? Did I miss something??
Ken's diary. From the looks of it, 246 will begin the "second" story. Second story being what? Most likely MW's arc. Meaning the three continuous story from 243-245 will be done and would have reached a conclusion. 99% sure that includes Negi's match too. With that, it makes it even harder to see Negi pulling through here.

Looking at this logical, Negi's chances are nil. Thousand bolts was the most powerful spell thus far. And he took all that time to shorten the chant, making the Armationem more practical to use. And that spell boosted his stats at least 8-10 more than that of Jovis Tempestas Fulguriens. It's all he had. All the other artifacts will be useless for combat, especially against Jack. Nodoka's is too impractical, and w/o her other item, it's to much of a hassle to even use.

So, he gambled with the 2nd trump and lost. It would have worked, but Jack is a beast. Any other and I'm sure Negi would had easily overwhelm that person with such insane speed. But Jack figures things out through physical contact and with his experience alone. Jack can practically feel the lightning in the atmosphere, and see/sense where the stroke's path and the intended destination due to the positive streamer.

I blame that ultimate spirit of Lightning. That's some serious high level dungeon he was grinding at.

Last edited by Zetsuen_no_Myuu; 2009-03-12 at 16:33.
Zetsuen_no_Myuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 16:29   Link #3050
BlueDo

Oh wow, Rakan totally decimated Negi.
the only two things Negi has left that I can think of is other techniques with Magia Erebia or more artifact...

Eternal Negi Fever was awesome
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 17:29   Link #3051
Pong

HailEmperor:

Thanks for the info man! I didn't know there is Ken's diary on the net. Care to give a link?

So the next chapter is the conclusion huh? Interesting.

But I still believe in Negi. If he lose here his self confidence will be crushed and we Really don't need another 20 chapters of perpetual angst. He can do so much better.

----

For something not directly tied to new chapter I have idea i would want to share with you guys:

You know how in most harem comedies the hero doesn't make the choice until like end of it?? Thats rather understandable as pretty much entire plot resolve around this. Up until now I though that it will be the same with Negima.

But then something struck me: Wait a minute Negima has lots of plot beside this whole "who will Negi end up with?" deal.

We all know how Ken didn't want to do a romantic comedy but publisher insisted and... well you know the story as well as I do.

So anyway Negima setup look like on for harem comedy but in reality it more of a "coming of age "shonen . In Reality the main focus of the story is Negi search for his father which in turn is a foil to show Negi growing into Thousand Master's legacy: New Hero even better than is father.

OK ok you probably know this as well so what the point?

My point is: Ken will pair Negi with someone* WAY before manga ends. What could not be done in any standard harem story can be done in Negima simply because there is shit load of plot left even when that will be out of the way.

It will also allow Ken to concentrate on the things he wanted to from the beginning.

So what you guys think?

* With someone being of course
Spoiler for If you were reading the manga carefully you should know already:
Pong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 18:06   Link #3052
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Ken's site: http://www.ailove.net/

Right, it is a series for boys, ken doesn't hide that fact. He said he doesn't want to do a harem. And it that has been quite true for the most part There is only harem elements in the series, with barely anything that would lead to a real relationship. Most of the girls know that he's a kid after all, and some aren't even interested. They are fond of him, but only because he's such a cute kid. To boot, a number of the girls are against the idea since he's too young.

There's Yue and Nodaoka. And maybe Anya too. But Anya is the childhood friend. Nothing is going to happen there. Negi acts very casual around Anya. So she is more like a sister to him.

Ken has been setting up this...setup for longest time now. It' noticeable and obvious by now. Partner. Negi's partner. Asuna has been always the one saying she'll be his partner, in that, his Ministra, the one that will be there for him, like a real partner to a Magister.

With the way things are now, I doubt anything is going to bloom between them. There isn't anything there yet. And Asuna is mostly into older men... It's an unwanted harem for a reason. If Ken made it so no one won Negi in the end, I wouldn't be surprised. The opposite, really. I would be surprised if he did end up with someone in the end, one of his students.

The only one I can really see that's plausible and would work well is an immortal end. That's with Eva. How things went down and lead to that would make an awesome route. Immortal end is always the best.
Zetsuen_no_Myuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 20:53   Link #3053
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

In terms of being a mangaka, Akamatsu-sensei is really charting new frontiers for himself. Negima is his longest work to date, and I dare say, the most profitable (even after adjusting for inflation). I have great hopes for the story (though I have dropped it during the Chao arc and the early parts of the gang's journey in Magic Land), and I wish him luck.
Old 2009-03-12, 23:07   Link #3054
Narona
Emotionless White Face

I still hope that Negi will pull out a songoku super saiyan return and will beat Rakan

*doesn't really believe in it*

Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 23:15   Link #3055
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I still hope that Negi will pull out a songoku super saiyan return and will beat Rakan

*doesn't really believe in it*

same . But more so because if negi really can't beat Rakan , I just dont see how it's going to turn out when he confronts Fate ~
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 23:22   Link #3056
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
same . But more so because if negi really can't beat Rakan , I just dont see how it's going to turn out when he confronts Fate ~
Well, that's what I think too.

Also, I think it's time for us, the viewers, to get some answers. And Rakan only promised to give some answer if negi wins.

If Negi loses, then we will get +100 more chapters of training and such.

I hope that Akamatsu is smart enough to not do the same mistake as the Festival arc that lasted for TOO long.

Am I the only one who got really annoyed by the school festival arc?
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 00:21   Link #3057
BlueDo

We all were,

But the thing that makes Akamatsu so good (at least IMO)
is that it doesn't get boring at all.
If you reread the Eternal Festival, every part is enjoyable.
No BS chapter.
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 03:11   Link #3058
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
Teamwork?

Honestly with such a large cast I would love to see more teamwork and less one on one battles. Their is no reason why half the cast should sit around and watch Negi get his ass kicked against Fate.

I would hate for the whole thing to turn into Dragonball Z where one guy fights the villain while the rest stand their and watch because they are too weak. The manga has done such a good job of showing the importance of teamwork and showing how powerful the rest of the class is to all of a sudden turn it into Negi fights the main villain by himself using Super Saiyan 3.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 03:18   Link #3059
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Teamwork?

Honestly with such a large cast I would love to see more teamwork and less one on one battles. Their is no reason why half the cast should sit around and watch Negi get his ass kicked against Fate.

I would hate for the whole thing to devolve into Dragonball Z where one guy fights the villain while the rest stand their and watch.
That would sorta defeats the purpose on defeating Rakan. For you see, its not like Negi will surpass Rakan if someone helps him defeat him.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 03:22   Link #3060
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
That would sorta defeats the purpose on defeating Rakan. For you see, its not like Negi will surpass Rakan if someone helps him defeat him.
What's the point of surpassing Rakan? The only point I see is to free Negi's friends.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy