AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-02-03, 01:38   Link #501
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I'm surprised that any of you actually expected it to be Vesperia. The distorted Vesperia logo can't be taken seriously, since it was an obvious late addition alongside all the other swerve-trolls like Pacman.

I think Bamco didn't expect the 'Tales of Two Richards' site to be found so quickly, and decided to heighten the suspense by throwing in more distortions into something that was so obviously a Graces F localisation site.

Initial distorted image being those of Graces F? Tales of 'Two Richards?' The site's name alone was an obvious hint to what it would be about.

If the site was named 'Tales of Coming Soon' instead, then maybe there was room for speculation, but I think there was never any doubt it would be Tales of Graces (F).

Besides, I think they wouldn't want to overextend themselves this time round. Tales always had an less-than-desirable performance in the English market, ( largely due to their own idiocy. ), and considering they're also pushing Dark Souls and Armored Core 5 this year... I rather they focus on delivering a proper marketing, exposure and sufficient support for the games they want to be releasing to the market.

I can wait for Vesperia, as long as it bloody comes. Bamco.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 04:52   Link #502
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

A lot of us thought Vesperia was apart of the announcement because of that rumour saying two games were going to be announced.
Old 2011-02-03, 05:03   Link #503
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I'm surprised that any of you actually expected it to be Vesperia. The distorted Vesperia logo can't be taken seriously, since it was an obvious late addition alongside all the other swerve-trolls like Pacman.

Besides, I think they wouldn't want to overextend themselves this time round. Tales always had an less-than-desirable performance in the English market, ( largely due to their own idiocy. ), and considering they're also pushing Dark Souls and Armored Core 5 this year... I rather they focus on delivering a proper marketing, exposure and sufficient support for the games they want to be releasing to the market.

I can wait for Vesperia, as long as it bloody comes. Bamco.
Personally, since I've played Vesperia already (even though the PS3 version have juicier features it's something I can totally live without) I'm glad that Graces would be the one that's making it to the English market. It's been a LONG time since I've played a Tales game (If you count Watching [Knight of Ratatosk] walkthrough on youtube) and I could use a new story...

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-02-03 at 11:23.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 05:17   Link #504
Emerald Emblem
Casual gaming

After Troy Baker built us up with the story of voicing new lines for the game and using that logo was always gonna be a bad idea.

Current Anime DVD: Kannagi + Clannad AS <3 | Current Anime Blu Ray: None </3
Emerald Emblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 09:58   Link #505
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
There is an English version of White Wishes- I have it on my IPod. It's definitely on YouTube. Go ahead and look for it.
Ah, I didn't know know there was an English version of White Wishes out, hence my confusion.
Old 2011-02-03, 11:15   Link #506
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Emblem View Post
After Troy Baker built us up with the story of voicing new lines for the game and using that logo was always gonna be a bad idea.
It's just dishonest, bad marketing, plain and simple. People who do this should be shot.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 12:26   Link #507
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Ah, I didn't know know there was an English version of White Wishes out, hence my confusion.
It is on the original single CD by BoA, release at the same time as ToG (Wii). That is/was one reason people suspected that a oversea release of the wii version was in process during the developing time, other indicator was the ending credits. Rumours are N-B stopped the progress, either because their increase support for external western studios during that time or because of cuts in their own studios, in recent years. I think the US studio saw reduction of work staff in 2010.
For what we know development and decisions has gone back to japan again, hopefully this means that we get more localisation of n-b (published) games from now on, and less analysis of overseas market.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 18:43   Link #508
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Well, they are doing it in difficult times, the PS3's jailbreak is going to do some dent in sales. They chose a bad time to localize a Tales Series as it was jailbroken and "disloyal" consumers would rather pirate the game than buy it.
Old 2011-02-09, 19:28   Link #509
Elvin

^Don't think it'll be much of a problem. You got me curious as to how many people were actually using the ps3 jailbreak so I looked up dead space 2 torrents just to see how many leechers and seeds were torrenting it and there were less than 1000 total over 6 active torrents (some can be assumed to be the same people trying all available torrents). Only the jp version of Black Ops was uploaded and that torrent had a total of 33 seeders and leechers. Considering this game is still rather niche when compared to the games above, pirated copies probably won't go over 200 after immediate release. The idea that BD are so expensive that just buying the game would be better is still strong in people's minds.

Last edited by Elvin; 2011-02-21 at 08:24.
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 05:45   Link #510
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

I hate puzzles that drive me nuts. >.>

I'm at the Sand buried ruins (if I'd known the enemies in the place were so weak, I'd have gone there sooner; the mobs outside the dungeon are pretty strong in comparison) and I'm totally stuck on the three-color energy switch puzzle. (not the one past the save point) It's driving me nuts. >.>
Old 2011-02-21, 10:12   Link #511
Rag

Quote:
I hate puzzles that drive me nuts. >.>
Me too, but on the bright side, you get this incredibly satisfying feeling when you solve a hard puzzle, and that feeling makes all that effort worth it......unless if the solution was really idiotic or something.
Rag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 10:34   Link #512
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

For the record, I meant to ask somebody for help with it. I checked Gamefaqs, but neither of the Wii ToG guides cover the puzzles, and there's no actual guide for ToGf on Gamefaqs.
Old 2011-02-21, 12:38   Link #513
KBTKaiser

the rules are that you can't have three colors in the same pipeline(the limit is two).

The color splitters can be used as turning points for certain colors.

I'll give you a rough idea on how the paths should go.

Red: merge with blue for the purple, then do a u-turn to hit the orange, hit the splitter at the bottom, pass through the plain red, hit the purple, hit the splitter towards the door.

Blue: hit the purple, go up and merge with yellow for green, use the splitter on top, pass through the purple in the corner and run it down the right side to the lower door access.

Yellow: Hit the green on top, through the splitter, then redirect through the purple w/ splitter to the orange, hit the splitter, hit the yellow, hit the green, hit the lower door access.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 13:54   Link #514
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I gotta say I'm rather pissed off right now that I don't know how to express this emotion. I gave my PS3 to my older brother because it was just collecting dust and now this game is only (as far as we know) is only gonna be localized for the PS3 and the wii translation was cancelled... BAH!

If only it was coming out on the Wii also... hell I'll even take a 360 port since those are the only two consoles I play regularly...
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 22:23   Link #515
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

http://www.namcobandaigames.com/cons...es-of-graces-f

seem they only translated f version. no wii version confirm so far

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 23:03   Link #516
Sides

When you click to the feature tab, kind of hints to ps3. What we need now is a PAL confirmation for Graces, Abyss and Xillia announced for the West.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 04:06   Link #517
Zakoo

The game is confirmed for Europe in 2012.

yell of happiness
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 04:12   Link #518
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

...Again? A year between the two releases?

Really?

Welp, looks like an import for me. I've never been more glad that the PS3 is regionfree.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 04:17   Link #519
Zakoo

True enough, but it's still better than nothing and since we always get them after we often have more things.

Agarest for example, though I may be dreaming too much.

Now time for Vesperia on PS3. They are hearing my prayers!
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 10:04   Link #520
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Has it even been confirmed for 2011 in the US yet?
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game, games, rpg