AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

Old 2010-01-23, 04:25   Link #541
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Except that he, you know, didn't. In case you missed it, he was also there under the same circumstances as Mikado, yet I didn't see him leaving his best friend behind to score with a girl.
In Mikado's defense, I don't think he thinks Kida is in serious trouble, while Anri just plain looks freaked out, so he just grabbed her and ran.

If it's Izaya holding the knife to Kida, I don't think Mikado would run.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 04:48   Link #542
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

This episode was too epic for words. When things started getting rolling, they really did not let up. Shizuo was a particular joy for me having just come off watching the anime Bartender a little over a week ago.

Also, despite his failure to follow through in the end, go Mikado for making the first move. Fight-o!
Old 2010-01-23, 04:50   Link #543
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I totally bet she became a class rep to get access to Harima's address so that she can go to his home "officially" to see him.
Don't you man Seiji? & yeah, i wouldn't be surprised if she was at least thinking that.

Do wonder how long it's going to take until we find out more about this teach she's scared off. At first it just looked like he'd taken a fancy for her, though there's something behind it now and seeing her run away like that in this episode.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2010-01-23 at 07:33.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 07:31   Link #544
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Correction: Harima Mika =/= Yagiri Seiji
  • Yagiri Seiji was the one who went to school only to announce his future absences. He's also the one that was looking for the girl with the neck injury.
  • Harima Mika still hasn't shown up yet. It is also unknown (or maybe I missed it) if Harima is a male or female, though Mika looks like a female name at first glance.

My speculation:
Harima is related to neck-injury-girl somehow, and I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that the head-in-a-jar near the end of the OP is hers (Harima's).
Old 2010-01-23, 08:07   Link #545
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
Correction: Harima Mika =/= Yagiri Seiji
  • Yagiri Seiji was the one who went to school only to announce his future absences. He's also the one that was looking for the girl with the neck injury.
  • Harima Mika still hasn't shown up yet. It is also unknown (or maybe I missed it) if Harima is a male or female, though Mika looks like a female name at first glance.

My speculation:
Harima is related to neck-injury-girl somehow, and I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that the head-in-a-jar near the end of the OP is hers (Harima's).
So sorry. I'll correct that.

Head in the jar is Celty's I bet. Neck injury girl doesn't have a name in the OP. Maybe she's like Celty.
Old 2010-01-23, 08:10   Link #546
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

I love this episode and the lovely badass trio. Kyaaaaa~

I love the gif animations, I'm so taking~

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Girl (orange background)...Izaya : same thing with the voice, the "made contact already" comment Izaya made this ep. and the stuff from ep. 1 and 2 with Rio.
That makes Izaya pretending to be a girl. I would like that. BWAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 08:13   Link #547
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
Mika is a female name. Do you really think Anri would run up to a random girl, thinking she was a guy? Even in Tokyo, I don't think men wear skirts very often.
Old 2010-01-23, 08:16   Link #548
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
Mika is a female name. Do you really think Anri would run up to a random girl, thinking she was a guy? Even in Tokyo, I don't think men wear skirts very often.
What if he's crossdressing?

But really, Ice Block was responding to the mistakes in my post. Chill.
Old 2010-01-23, 08:38   Link #549
firebrrend
Punishment Inspector

This show seem to be like self-reflecting show... but its still nice.... Simon is a Russian is he?
firebrrend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 09:01   Link #550
Kagura89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Listen, if you're 15 and there's girl potential on the line, "best friend" is just gonna have to deal with it. Kida would have done the same thing. Besides, I think Mikado really just got an adrenaline rush and acted on impulse - which for an overprotected teen from a small town must have felt really good.

This series is pretty much pure class, from the masterpiece OP on down. Writing, music, acting and animation are all top-notch.
Haha I get your point though. Maybe trying to protect Anri from those 'monsters",Mikado takes her away from the scene even though ditching your best friend alone
However,I give credit to him because make an effort to impress a girl with his "cool" moves.But he better apologized to Kida after that incident. Bro before hoes,man.
Also,who's the dreadlock guy that walking with Shizuo?
Kagura89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 10:42   Link #551
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I just chalk it up to Mikado being in adrenaline rush + relative inexperience to the situation + still in 'save the princess' mindset that came not too long ago when he tried to save her from bullies.

While leaving his best friend is not commendable, but I really do think Kida would understand, especially after meeting the so called Dollars gang, Izaya, AND Shizuo, all three things Kida warned him not to tangle with from the get go. Kida's an effing n00blet after all. Heck next episode, I bet all Kida'll do is tease Mikado about his advances with Anri lol.

But really though, what did you guys think Mikado should've done? Took Kida's hand as well? Kida is not blind, he would've noticed the two jet, and would've joined them too if he really did think his situation was that dire.

As for Anri, it's still much too early to deduce anything from her. I mean, while it did look like she was worried for Seiji, she was actually looking out in the streets not for him, but for a girl named Mika. All we know is that she is not the least bit interested in Mikado, which again is a nice change of pace from the many harem shows you see every season, and thus me rooting for Mikado... at least for now.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 10:50   Link #552
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
The awesomeness of this episode has improved my opinion tremendously.

Spoiler for Hey Izaya! Duck!:
I watched that scene at least 3 times before moving on, it actually made my jaw drop when it happened since I dont think any of us were expecting it. I was expecting Shizzy to come after Izaya but not like that

Speaking of Harima and the girl that Anri confused her with, she's the only girl in the OP that doesnt have a name which I find very weird. Maybe it is her but due to the gash on her neck Anri thought it wasnt.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 10:57   Link #553
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
I watched that scene at least 3 times before moving on, it actually made my jaw drop when it happened since I dont think any of us were expecting it. I was expecting Shizzy to come after Izaya but not like that
Yeah. The complete randomness of the scene is truly what made it so awesome. It's seriously what i'd call being taken by surprise.
Old 2010-01-23, 11:05   Link #554
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Speaking of Harima and the girl that Anri confused her with, she's the only girl in the OP that doesnt have a name which I find very weird. Maybe it is her but due to the gash on her neck Anri thought it wasnt.
Either that, or maybe the reason is that the actual body might actually been Harima's (and thus the reason Anri mistook mystery girl for her) while they switched the head.

And that might be the reason why she doesn't have a name in the OP, because if its true, she's half Hanri/half someone else (Celty?) and thus can't have a proper name lol.

But don't mind me, I'm just mindlessly speculating with no proof at all. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 11:22   Link #555
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I've been thinking since the very first episode that the head on her body is Celty's and this episode only reinforced my belief. It's a little odd that Seiji recognized her though, but then again we don't know who he thinks she is yet, as he only calls her his "love".
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 11:39   Link #556
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

On the part with Mikado leaving only with Anri . . . I'm sad that Kida's left behind . . . because Kida's face is just so . . .aaaaawww . . . but I guess given the situation, it's pretty understandable for Mikado to be more concerned on Anri. Kida can take care of himself, or at least doesn't need Mikado's cue to get away . . . he was supposed to start it with Mikado but Mikado went ahead. Hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
But really though, what did you guys think Mikado should've done? Took Kida's hand as well?
Bwahahahahaha xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagura89 View Post
Also,who's the dreadlock guy that walking with Shizuo?
He's Tom Tanaka . . unless I got confused on the character profiles.
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 12:19   Link #557
Bea Rabbit
Stained Member
*Graphic Designer

nee. I wonder why Izaya stand up so fast after hitted by the refrigerator?
Bea Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 12:27   Link #558
CWW
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea Rabbit View Post
nee. I wonder why Izaya stand up so fast after hitted by the refrigerator?
It's a trash bin.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 12:48   Link #559
Bea Rabbit
Stained Member
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
It's a trash bin.
OwO really?
I thought Izaya have a super power or something that makes him invulnerable!
Bea Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 13:02   Link #560
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea Rabbit View Post
OwO really?
I thought Izaya have a super power or something that makes him invulnerable!
I wouldn't quickly discard that possibility.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, light novel adaptation, shounen