AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > AnoHana

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-19, 07:06   Link #21
mellomarie
fullblown technicolour

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
I do not like Menma. She is causing all the problems to the characters but she is needed for the story to go on...
agreed. she's a plot device for me, plain and simple.
Old 2011-06-19, 21:30   Link #22
achirist

I agree to. Menma the ghost is really pretty dense--while she gets upset when the group fights, I don't see that she has an ounce of understanding or sympathy for the pain and angst she is causing everyone. She is still a child, and causing real harm because the others are not. Perhaps it is redeeming that her wish wasn't a selfish desire for the fireworks.
Old 2011-06-19, 22:06   Link #23
fazer

Have to agree on Menma being dense and not having matured mentally, but I can't bring myself to hate her... she's a child after all...innocent and playful
Old 2011-06-20, 08:34   Link #24
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsudon View Post
so did she die from a car accident? or drowning (her slipper floating in the river?).
Huh? she fell didn't she? wasnt there one episode where anaru tripped and nearly fell down the cliff but jintan saved her and commented on that?
Old 2011-06-20, 10:52   Link #25
TrippedUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazer View Post
Have to agree on Menma being dense and not having matured mentally, but I can't bring myself to hate her... she's a child after all...innocent and playful
Not all innocence is good though. This probably doesn't apply to Menma, but I remember a quote about this:

"There's nothing more pure and cruel as a child."

I don't feel hatred towards her, just immense frustration. because she really hasn't matured past 10 years old(?) she doesn't understand the turmoil she's putting everyone through.
Old 2011-06-20, 12:42   Link #26
User68604
Disabled By Request

Hmm, I dont think there should be an expectation for Menma to have matured at the same rate as the others (if at all). The way I see her, she's simply the same girl from 10 or however many years ago in a slightly older body.
Old 2011-06-21, 07:12   Link #27
TrippedUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by recover View Post
Hmm, I dont think there should be an expectation for Menma to have matured at the same rate as the others (if at all). The way I see her, she's simply the same girl from 10 or however many years ago in a slightly older body.
That's the problem. I can't blame her for being so dense about this whole thing, but it still frustrates me that she is.
Old 2011-06-23, 19:25   Link #28
fazer

Bye bye Menma! I love u too!
Old 2011-06-23, 20:21   Link #29
TrippedUp

...I'm sorry I got so mad at you Menma. I love you too

Seriously though, that scene tore me the hell up inside. My mom is wondering why I'm drying my tears behind this laptop.
Old 2011-06-23, 20:32   Link #30
Midnight Bliss
Radiant as the sun;
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Bliss
Aaah, my favorite character along with Tsuruko. </3
Bye Menma ;_;
Old 2011-06-23, 20:47   Link #31
fazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippedUp View Post
...I'm sorry I got so mad at you Menma. I love you too

Seriously though, that scene tore me the hell up inside. My mom is wondering why I'm drying my tears behind this laptop.
lol, I can't let anyone see me watching this anime.
Old 2011-06-23, 23:44   Link #32
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Menma is such a lovable character, Good bye and Rest in Peace. *sniffles*
Old 2011-06-24, 04:19   Link #33
littlegal100

Menma may not be the most complex character but she's still lovable and a great character on its own. I'm gonna miss her! ;_;
Old 2011-06-24, 06:04   Link #34
User68604
Disabled By Request

a farewell that was sad but in a happy way..
Old 2011-06-24, 08:57   Link #35
blewin

I don't think Menma is causing trouble... think about it, why does everyone love her so? It's because of her selfless love. People who love others equally usually get loved by many in return. I think it's a very difficult thing for anyone to be - to be able to love everyone selflessly. We got so deep into the other characters because we're so much like them. We've flaws and are selfish (not that Menma doesn't have flaws, being human), but to love without discriminating or rather, without discriminating too much is a thing many of us tend to have to learn.

but some people just do it naturally, being born with that kind of personality.

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2011-06-24, 09:58   Link #36
fazer

Menma never intend to create problems, she just love everyone selflessly...

Her perfectness is her flaw ...not everyone understand or accept her love(at first),
the boys liked her, the girls were jealous of her...

But who can blame them? If anything I love them more for so being human and Menma for been such an angel...

Its really sad when you think about how they would never see Menma ever again for what she had done...returning from the beyond to grant a last wish and resolve everyone issue...just thinking about it makes me sob....
Old 2011-06-24, 11:09   Link #37
hero147

Rest in Peace, Menma. I really liked you and was an avid fan of the Jintan x Menma pairing.
Old 2011-06-24, 14:43   Link #38
mellomarie
fullblown technicolour

aww i have to say her wish & love for jintan totally won me over. especially her wish.

not to mention the last episode really illustrated how she brings the good out in everybody.
Old 2011-07-28, 18:31   Link #39
Kyuu
=^^=

How's this for an English voiced Menma?

Spoiler:

Don't me her Tsuruko voicing. I wasn't impressed with that part. But the Menma voicing... oh nelly
Old 2011-08-08, 02:27   Link #40
Aurine
<Honoka-mi>

Send a message via MSN to Aurine
Guess I'm too late for the party?
Menma is one of two of my favorite characters in AnoHana, aside from Jinta. How sad could it be, the separation of both of them. I wonder if it actually happens, what does both of them feel now.

(Well if Menma appears to be reincarnated as a human again, with same memory, then would she approach Jinta?! O_o That would make Jinta a lolicon I guess, but he won't mind)

The only characters that appeal me, because of the innocence and kindness, including Jinta with the uber hair. > w<
Closed Thread

Tags
characters