AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-10-21, 23:23   Link #3801
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
^ I'm guilty of putting my poor OC in a similar situation to what I was in 2 years ago.
It's alright The fact that Irish has Gynophobia is a remnant of the fact that I used to have it when I was younger, thanfully it's gone now.

Right now I'm trying to write Ran's part. Any suggestions on things I can improve with my writing style?
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 23:47   Link #3802
Eratas123

@ Meister - Who do you think should be ship teased with Maximillian? It's either browning or Karon. If you have any other suggestions then please say so.
Old 2011-10-22, 01:05   Link #3803
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Browning. I don't care if she's 7 years older than him.
Old 2011-10-22, 01:16   Link #3804
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Browning. I don't care if she's 7 years older than him.
Thanks! Final list:

Ichika = Madoka - Twincest FTW

Irish = Tatenashi - Savvy guy and energetic girl

Inami = Tsurugi - Childhood friend romance

Octans = Amami - Just friends

Maximillian = Browning - Older women have experience.
Old 2011-10-22, 01:30   Link #3805
Eratas123

@ Yachiyo - Since you're the Charlotte expert around here, do you have any advice for her daydream?
Old 2011-10-22, 01:54   Link #3806
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Of topic, but I'm addicted again to Homeworld series right now, so there's no draft...

Anyway, anyone having ANY idea how real armed forces works? Especially the logistic and budget. I'm in need of help.

EDIT: I always thought Max is cake eater... and I was right.
Old 2011-10-22, 01:57   Link #3807
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ Teh_Ping is in the army, why not ask him?
Old 2011-10-22, 02:12   Link #3808
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^He's probably busy translating other (Light) novel.
Old 2011-10-22, 02:17   Link #3809
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
^He's probably busy translating other (Light) novel.
Why do you need it anyway? If it's for your fic then you can just make it up, we don't exactly know how much money goes to the army there considering the IS beats most infantry units by a mile.
Old 2011-10-22, 02:17   Link #3810
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Everytime I read the 1st day scenes of Eratas' SWC fic.

This plays in my mind

Also, Chapter 6 is slowly progressing. Intro-ing the Silver Gospel amidst the drone shenanigans is quite puzzling.
Old 2011-10-22, 02:29   Link #3811
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Everytime I read the 1st day scenes of Eratas' SWC fic.

This plays in my mind

Also, Chapter 6 is slowly progressing. Intro-ing the Silver Gospel amidst the drone shenanigans is quite puzzling.
Zerg rushed by Yaoi fangirls and Crossdressing fanatics A fate I wouldn't wish even on my worst enemy

EDIT: Wait, Is the Silverio Gospel in your fic a drone or piloted by Natasha?
Old 2011-10-22, 02:44   Link #3812
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Zerg rushed by Yaoi fangirls and Crossdressing fanatics A fate I wouldn't wish even on my worst enemy

EDIT: Wait, Is the Silverio Gospel in your fic a drone or piloted by Natasha?
Still contemplating, hence the puzzling

Here's part of the conversation the characters had in the early parts of Chapter 6:
Spoiler for scene:
Old 2011-10-22, 03:07   Link #3813
Eratas123

Writing Irish's date chapter for "SWC" should be able to finish it in a while.
Old 2011-10-22, 03:20   Link #3814
Eratas123

@ Meister and Zero - Okay, here's Irish's. Read and review.

Side note - He'll be less of a prick in this chapter, it's because he tends to get along well enough with Tatenashi later.

Spoiler:

Writers block is annoying.

Last edited by Eratas123; 2011-10-22 at 04:49.
Old 2011-10-22, 04:48   Link #3815
agetreme
Just another Idiot

@StratoSpear

If somehow Inami is able to keep up with Silver Gospel's speed without special equalizer, it is time to review Minerva.

Minerva should not be more powerful than 4th Gen Akatsubaki (being a new unit which nobody in the world has data on and I think it haven't reach it's full potential).
Old 2011-10-22, 04:59   Link #3816
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
@StratoSpear

If somehow Inami is able to keep up with Silver Gospel's speed without special equalizer, it is time to review Minerva.

Minerva should not be more powerful than 4th Gen Akatsubaki (being a new unit which nobody in the world has data on and I think it haven't reach it's full potential).
Yeap, I figured as such. Here's another part of the conversation, directly after the one above:

Spoiler for scene:

As it is now, even with the Vanguard unit equipped, the Minerva can barely match the Byakushiki's speed, let alone the Akatsubaki.

As for firepower, the Silver Gospel will be the first genuine IS that the Minerva will face.

While the Minerva is equipped with barrier-penetration weapons, its defenses aren't as strong as a typical 3rd Gen IS. We'll have to see how it goes
Old 2011-10-22, 05:04   Link #3817
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Yeap, I figured as such. Here's another part of the conversation, directly after the one above:

Spoiler for scene:

As it is now, even with the Vanguard unit equipped, the Minerva can barely match the Byakushiki's speed, let alone the Akatsubaki.

As for firepower, the Silver Gospel will be the first genuine IS that the Minerva will face.

While the Minerva is equipped with barrier-penetration weapons, its defenses aren't as strong as a typical 3rd Gen IS. We'll have to see how it goes
How strong is the minerva against multiple IS units anyway? I just remember the "SWC" fight with the two uchiganes and the "uchigane rush" he and Irish experienced in the joke tournament.
Old 2011-10-22, 05:20   Link #3818
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
How strong is the minerva against multiple IS units anyway? I just remember the "SWC" fight with the two uchiganes and the "uchigane rush" he and Irish experienced in the joke tournament.
Well in SWC, he didn't have his defenses activated (Which is why the IS-less Tsurugi decked him so easily with a bamboo sword to the head)

And he held back, which is why the Uchiganes overpowered him so easily. (He doesn't really wanna hurt the girls either but that's just a minor factor)

Hard to know how he'll fair in a real combat against genuine IS units. As I said before, the Silver Gospel will be Minerva's first real IS opponent.

Granted, most of Minerva's arsenal are built for superior barrier penetration/attenuation. However, under continuous direct fire, the Minerva's barrier can only last half as long as a 3rd Gen IS energy barrier defense. (This is portrayed in Chapter 2, where the Minerva sustained physical armor damage after tanking a barrage of laser fire from a berserking drone unit)

...And I have yet to factor in the ambiguous 'Karin' system that the Minerva acquired in Chapter 5.
Old 2011-10-22, 05:23   Link #3819
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Irish is probably the only one who's lost his chance at a normal life considering his background. All the other OC's are relatively sane at the very least and don't treat knives like they're safety blankets.
I have to say something a bit different about that, other OC's being sane. Remember what happened to Eric in Ch. 3 of my fic?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 05:31   Link #3820
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
I have to say something a bit different about that, other OC's being sane. Remember what happened to Eric in Ch. 3 of my fic?
He at least can function in society and he's well enough to act like a normal person. Irish can't go to a city without hiding a knife under his clothes and goes near ballistic when someone tries to disarm him.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest