AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-05-05, 05:14   Link #481
Flere821
Lurker

I'd say the plot is interesting; even if the romance in SAO makes me want to tear my hair out at times

Epic fight scenes and intrigue, but the relationships is kinda meh.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 05:59   Link #482
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by a3jay14 View Post
Is this light novel got an interesting plot? I just found this yesterday.
Yeah, I recommend you to read SAO. The plot is very interesting if you are not really bother about the romance element in SAO. It's true that the romance element in SAO is at best average but for me, I didn't really bother about that part. Kirito and Asuna is the official couple for me no matter what.
Old 2012-05-05, 07:23   Link #483
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

I dont think romance is Kawahara's strong point. Look at AW...and LOL cline has sewing as a skill
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 07:28   Link #484
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
I dont think romance is Kawahara's strong point. Look at AW...and LOL cline has sewing as a skill
believe me or not, but man who has household skill is more popular than good looking guy[ex : Kirito]
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 07:35   Link #485
Adigard

Quote:
To be fair... Kirito has fishing.

And while the romance may not be terribly popular I really love the Kirito + Asuna scenes. I do some eyeball rolling at the harem stuff (unpopular kid loved by ALLLLLL the girls) but at least in the SAO framework it does sort of make sense.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 07:35   Link #486
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNine View Post
believe me or not, but man who has household skill is more popular than good looking guy[ex : Kirito]
I think Kazuto can do housework too lol.
Imo, sewing is much more practical in SAO. You can make your own coats and sell em from drops
Old 2012-05-05, 10:25   Link #487
kiritro

anyone know where i can read Volume 8 - Early and
Late
kiritro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 10:46   Link #488
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiritro View Post
anyone know where i can read Volume 8 - Early and
Late
English at BT last 2 chaps done
Chinese at wenku8
Old 2012-05-05, 13:05   Link #489
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
I think Kazuto can do housework too lol.
Imo, sewing is much more practical in SAO. You can make your own coats and sell em from drops
no its not... not if its kirito.

cooking allows him to stay on the field longer.
clothing and money can always be gotten from drops which he can kill faster then sew or cook combined.

This is why kirito always had extra items.
This is also how Sicillia got that ivory dagger and silver chain mail armor from kirito.

I play RPG's like kirito..
Basically take what you need for a couple of hours... level crunch... head back to town sell and restock and repeat.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 15:49   Link #490
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard View Post

And while the romance may not be terribly popular I really love the Kirito + Asuna scenes. I do some eyeball rolling at the harem stuff (unpopular kid loved by ALLLLLL the girls) but at least in the SAO framework it does sort of make sense.
Kirito's a unpopular kid? I always thought that he was at least decently popular.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 16:19   Link #491
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
Kirito's a unpopular kid? I always thought that he was at least decently popular.
RL vs. game world was what I meant. He's a 14 year-old MMO addict who ditches school and playing MMO's. Hard to imagine he's very popular. He certainly doesn't spend any time worrying about RL folks other than his sister / mother. Hard to say though, he's definitely someone who can and does thrive in the VRMMO he's thrust into. We get the feeling he's one of a VERY small crowd of people for whom the SAO death-game isn't a bad thing.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 16:28   Link #492
tsunade666

Kirito is very popular in the front lines and even the best of it. His popularity boost and pummel when his dual swords was announced and been beaten by heartcliff? (can't remember if it's the right name)

Plus all his harem girls are playing VRMMO games and met him in the VR world and not in the RL. And even if you meet him in RL. Kirito's looks isn't that bad. He is cute or more like girly in way (totally unlike a fatarse -_- character)

An ace and good looking guy plus a kind one. So what's not to like? They all fell in love with his mad gaming skills
Old 2012-05-05, 16:41   Link #493
Log

Quote:
RL vs. game world was what I meant. He's a 14 year-old MMO addict who ditches school and playing MMO's. Hard to imagine he's very popular. He certainly doesn't spend any time worrying about RL folks other than his sister / mother. Hard to say though, he's definitely someone who can and does thrive in the VRMMO he's thrust into. We get the feeling he's one of a VERY small crowd of people for whom the SAO death-game isn't a bad thing.
But he does have his friends even outside of the gaming world. In volume 7 Asuna mentioned that Kirito helped built that device for Zekken with two of his friends. I really don't see him being unpopular considering how social he usually is.

Also most 14 year olds would ditch school to play video games and he wanted to get out of SAO just as much as anyone else if not more. Just pointing that out.
Old 2012-05-05, 18:08   Link #494
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
Yeah, I recommend you to read SAO. The plot is very interesting if you are not really bother about the romance element in SAO. It's true that the romance element in SAO is at best average but for me, I didn't really bother about that part. Kirito and Asuna is the official couple for me no matter what.
Out of curiosity, what is it that makes the romance average to you? And when you say "romance", do you mean the adorable relation Kirito and Asuna have (which they do. In volume 1, at least) or the crappy harem? I don't consider a harem to be romance, and I never will. Frankly, I loved what I saw of the romance in the first volume; I actually found it better than most, if not all, of the romance in other stories that I've read or watched.

What would shows/LNs and so on would consider to have good/really good/5 *s romance?

Quote:
The romance doesn't seem to be as important in AW as it is SAO, though.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 19:34   Link #495
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
A skill that he never got to a high level if what Vol1 says is accurate And not knowing the part of the lake he chose to train in has higher level fish so he couldn't get any xp
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 21:05   Link #496
Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Out of curiosity, what is it that makes the romance average to you? And when you say "romance", do you mean the adorable relation Kirito and Asuna have (which they do. In volume 1, at least) or the crappy harem? I don't consider a harem to be romance, and I never will. Frankly, I loved what I saw of the romance in the first volume; I actually found it better than most, if not all, of the romance in other stories that I've read or watched.

What would shows/LNs and so on would consider to have good/really good/5 *s romance?

The romance doesn't seem to be as important in AW as it is SAO, though.
Kirito and Asuna was meh. Not really the best romance out there and it felt to sappy or forced sometimes. Asuna also didn't have the most interesting personality and I personally liked Shinon more. I would recommend for anime Clannad if you want good romance and Gekkou for light novel if you want interesting romance.

Also I'm I the only one that thought that Sword Art Online actually has one of the better develped harems? I mean it's not like a stupid case where the girls immediantly full for the guy, there is some amount of development especially with Shinon. Also it's unlike most normal harem stories where the girls fall for a loser who the reader cannot sympathize or understand why girls would fall for a hopeless moron Kirito is a least badass enough and smart enough to give readers a sense of why girls would fall in love with him.
Old 2012-05-05, 21:06   Link #497
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

His fishing is at 600+ a fair feat for 2 weeks.
Also his two friends that helped him were from SAO too

Actually, KiritoXAsuna is one of the better couples i've seen and cutest too. His harem is....not as good as Issei's though. Clannad is a story focused on romance, it was adapted from a VN
Old 2012-05-05, 21:09   Link #498
Log

Quote:
His fishing is at 600+ a fair feat for 2 weeks.
Also his two friends that helped him were from SAO too

Actually, KiritoXAsuna is one of the better couples i've seen and cutest too. His harem is....not as good as Issei's though. Clannad is a story focused on romance, it was adapted from a VN
Really? Where does it say that his two friends were from SAO?
Old 2012-05-05, 21:11   Link #499
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
Really? Where does it say that his two friends were from SAO?
They made it in his school, which was specially for SAO players
Old 2012-05-05, 21:19   Link #500
Log

Quote:
They made it in his school, which was specially for SAO players
Oh................................. can't believe I missed that.

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality