AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-07-20, 09:44   Link #701
sa547
*Author

Got the game just this morning and installed it on my rig. Sweet and shockingly life-like, but there's a bug in which, as the WSO (Hawkins' job) even if I managed to mark my targets for a Warthog run, the damned runners are still alive on the runway after a lot of 20mm passes, with one running around in a circle!

No prob with system compatibility, but is there a way to fix this?
Old 2012-07-20, 10:00   Link #702
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
BF3 had a single player campaign?

lol

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 10:08   Link #703
sa547
*Author

^
What's wrong? I have to get used to the entirely new setup on campaign mode alone before wading in online, what with a different keyboard layout and visual cues (played MW/MW2/Black Ops previously).

I'd better Google up for anything on this Iranian runner bug issue.

EDIT: I got it. Just have to overwrite the save file; the moving dot turned out to be a "shadow".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcYJ7rmOsa8

Last edited by sa547; 2012-07-20 at 10:23.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 13:42   Link #704
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

No need to prepare yourself for the online experience - just jump right into it, there's nothing better than cold, brutal and instant immersion to build up some experience (not to mention that some of Battlefield's hallmarks, such as the teamwork-centered features [dropping health/ammo packs, reviving allies], are absent from the SP for obvious reasons) and carve a career for yourself. The SP will only help you somewhat with the handling of some weapons/vehicles, but the MP's flavor is very different from the SP.

SP is like an airbrushed/photoshopped/MSAA-enabled preview of the crazy action in the MP.

Still, if you're a beginner at BF, I suggest staying away from the 64p maps for the time being - there's so much ammunition flying around that you might take some time to earn some kills and risk dying on the spot (if you haven't bought the Close Quarters pack yet, stay away from it until you have gotten a good grip of the MP or you have some skills on COD MW-like gameplay) a trifle too often for your own tastes. 32p maps are good (they give you time to recover if your health gauge is leaning towards zero); 48p start getting a bit crazy, but are still manageable. As for maps that are NOT infantry-only and feature air vehicles (Operation Firestorm, Caspian Border, Noshahr Canals), beware - DICE has caused most helos and fighters to become overpowered and more often than not you'll find yourself cursing at your own inability to strike back (Stingers can't lock on or get deceived by flares right away, AAA seems to sloooowly chip away at the targets in your crosshairs, etc).

Last edited by Renegade334; 2012-07-20 at 13:52.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 04:26   Link #705
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Battlefield 3 Armored Kill Gameplay Premiere:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Before rolling it out, DICE, please nerf the air vehicles (for air-to-ground warfare, at least)...PLEASE.

HiMARS salvo looks like a storm right out of Gehenna. O_O
And some of the high-speed snowy mountain footage vaguely reminds me of one of the first missions of BFBC2 SP. *nostalgic sigh* (I lost a lot of backup game saves due to a hardware crash...and mostly do not feel like replaying the associated games from start to finish *again*)

Last edited by Renegade334; 2012-07-21 at 05:04.
Old 2012-08-23, 07:01   Link #706
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

New trailer showing footage from BF3:AK:

YouTube

...with a short glimpse of Aftermath maps at the end. I wonder if they'll introduce a Kukri knife in that DLC, as the artwork/boxart suggests (as to whether it'll be a completely optional weapon, like the MASS or M320, or if it'll replace the M9 bowie knife/ACB-90, I'm unsure).
Old 2012-09-04, 04:01   Link #707
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Patch 1.06 is going online today...

Spoiler for changelog:

2.2Gb today, 3.2Gb next week. T_T
Old 2012-09-04, 07:14   Link #708
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
• AA: Slightly increased the damage of the AA against infantry, the AA was simply over nerfed in a previous update. The AA guns now also properly do damage to MBTs again.

Ya think!?

Well, at least they admitted their mistake. Now time to see just how much "slightly increased" actually is.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 07:33   Link #709
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

It was somewhat funny to spray an inf guy with 20 seconds of sustained AA fire and he just wouldn't die in true "I AM BOOLETPROOF" spirit.

Glad the AA gets some love again.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 08:16   Link #710
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

I do sincerely hope that the Stinger and Igla are indeed more lethal in this patch. The darn things were practically useless, unless the pilot in the targeted aircraft didn't have perks like stealth/IR suppression.

Anyway, the Battlelog UI has been changed (Battlefield Friends and Origin Friends - or whatever they're called - are going to be merged, btw) and the assignments tab now lists the new entries (10 if you're Premium, 5 if you've bought Armored Kill). The four maps (Bandar Desert, Alborz Mountains, Death Valley and Armored Shield) for the AK DLC are now present on the multiplayer page, though there aren't any servers available yet (I'm on PC, so I have to wait 7 more days until that two-weeks headstart kicks off).

Anyway, here's the new vehicle lineup:
- M1128 Stryker MGS
- SPRUT-SD
- M142 HiMARS
- BM23 Grad
- AC130U
- Quad bike

Last edited by Renegade334; 2012-09-04 at 09:07.
Old 2012-09-04, 08:31   Link #711
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

• Removed flares from gunner position in helicopters. With the right combination of unlocks, an attack helicopter could be effectively invulnerable to lock on missiles. Removing the flares from the gunner balances the attack helicopter against ground fire.

Finally! Good news for anything on the ground.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 08:52   Link #712
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernFallout View Post
It was somewhat funny to spray an inf guy with 20 seconds of sustained AA fire and he just wouldn't die in true "I AM BOOLETPROOF" spirit.

Glad the AA gets some love again.
I stole a Tunguska that way, just ran up to the guy as an engineer none of the bullets were killing me, repair tooled him until he got out so I could kill him. Good times, but yeah it was annoying me on Noshahr Canals where I would spend minutes shooting 1 guy for him to just run around like I was throwing pellets at him.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 09:00   Link #713
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaihan View Post
Finally! Good news for anything on the ground.
Amen to that. There were times when jumping into a tank meant meeting an early, fruitless demise. I still remember those sessions on Operation Firestorm where I got killed by loitering Flankers and Havocs before I could even come close to the edge of the refinery. T_T

Now being a tanker might actually be a good thing...

Well, we'll see next week.
Old 2012-09-04, 10:52   Link #714
Jaden

Well those gunner flares worked maybe 50% of the time anyway. Doesn't really change anything to have them gone, but the AA launcher buff will certainly make any kind of air play much tougher and will probably result in attack helicopters hovering over their spawn, just defending and launching TVs because it's just too hazardous to actually attack with them.
Old 2012-09-04, 12:36   Link #715
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

BTW, a piece of advice for the PC players who installed the new patch today - if you can't get into multiplayer and keep running headlong into the "must update the game before continuing" warning, go back to your Origin client, right-click on Battlefield 3 and "Repair Install". You'll have to DL a 100Mb file to fix whatever's blocking you.
Old 2012-09-04, 12:48   Link #716
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Tank Superiority looks fun.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 20:24   Link #717
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I like how the snow maps have the same skins as the other maps, so you've got the desert camo still on guys and the Support trooper is still clearly clothed for a desert environment. lol

The trailer looks interesting, but I'll stick with the basic maps.

As for tanks and airpower in re the comments above... I do find aircraft very annoying in BF3, especially since they're nearly impossible to take down with anything other than other aircraft or an AA vehicle if they dare get close enough. But, I don't have THAT much of a problem surviving in armored ground vehicles. I think, with tanks, I'm usually killed way more often than not by other tanks or Javs. With the AA vehicles (since the super-nerfing of their guns against infantry), I skirt the major parts of the battle and constantly scan the skies for targets of opportunity. It keeps me alive and does do a decent amount of damage to airpower, especially if I can catch airplanes or helicopters focusing on a target closer to the center of battle and ignoring the periphery.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 05:39   Link #718
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

BTW...

@PC users: have any of you experienced SEVERE fps drops in the past three, four days? Prior to that, the game was running just fine...but as of lately, I've been banging my head on a severe lag/stutter that seems to spring out of nowhere - at first it manifested itself on vehicle maps, whenever I entered a tank or aircraft, but then I stumbled upon the same problem on Close Quarters maps and judging from the chat interface it didn't look like your usual 64p server lag. Sometimes the game starts just fine, very smooth - and then wham, it's the snail's life for me. At other times, the stutter happens from the get-go, with even the menu turning digitally dyslexic.

Battlelog says that DICE is working to improve stability and thus PC users (I guess that means I should start hoping) won't be able to play for two hours today, but I dunno if this bugfix/maintenance run is specifically targeting the problem I've described above.

And, no, it's not a GFX card problem - yesterday, I played four sessions on Ziba tower with even an increased framerate and I thought the problem was gone until this morning - and it seems I'm not the only poor sod being plagued by this. And if you're wondering, I'm using the latest drivers from Nvidia (I don't use the beta builds, btw).

Well, if you have ideas on how to skirt this problem, in case DICE doesn't pull any miracles...I'm more than welcome to suggestions.

Edit: son of a---
Now it's bled into the SP campaign...*sigh*
Some users in the Battlelog forum claim it's because BF3 has been made more CPU intensive to take some workload off the GPU, but that doesn't explain why, yesterday and after the patch I could play on MP just fine with even higher framerates...
Turning off deferred antialiasing and whatnot doesn't work. DICE, if this is your doing, then great job bungling up again.

I hope that next week's DLC download will fix this, but I have a hideous premonition it won't.

On another note, I'm definitely laughing my ass off at the air vehicle users crying their hearts out on the Battlelog forum. What was it they said about one's own medicine, again? XD

EDIT bis:
Alright, GFX quality is back to normal, but I don't know whether the core problem was fixed. And hell yeah! for the increased framerate (apparently much more evident if you have a quad-core CPU or better) - the difference is almost jarring. O_O

Last edited by Renegade334; 2012-09-06 at 03:27.
Old 2012-09-11, 06:23   Link #719
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

For those who don't remember, Armored Kill goes live today for PC/XBox Premium members.

I only had one run on the Alborz Mountains map due to time constraints, but...da~ng is that map huge... I shudder to think what the others (especially Armored Shield, which, IIRC, is proclaimed to be the largest BF3 map ever) will feel like.

Looks fun, but those multiple rocket launchers are literally murder made flesh - that is, once you get zeroed in. T_T
Old 2012-10-18, 15:32   Link #720
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Aftermath DLC, Premiere trailer:

YouTube

Spoiler:

A crossbow.
They brought a friggin' crossbow. o_o

I'd have understood if they replaced the ACB-90/Ka-bar by a shiv or the Kukri knife shown on the DLC jacket, but a crossbow? Sure, it's exotic, but I thought they'd use something more...rudimentary, rustic.

EDIT: okay, it's actually a jury-rigged crossbow, not the actual weapon you can find in specialized sports/airsoft shops.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2012-10-18 at 15:46.