AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-02, 00:20   Link #581
EroKing

Images
Nyantype
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-12-03 at 03:44.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 08:02   Link #582
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 15:51   Link #583
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Episode 4, I now actually approve of Chizuru's new voice now, she did all the lines well. And also Minatsu was too cute during it I died...
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 20:59   Link #584
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Images
Nyantype
Got to love those sisters .
Old 2013-02-20, 21:05   Link #585
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Dear god Kurimu-sama Ringo just might be the most cute and hilarious of the whole cast ep 6 was so great just watching her interact with the main 5 , and she was adorable .
MAL
Old 2013-02-28, 23:49   Link #586
EroKing

Images
Nyantype
Old 2013-02-28, 23:51   Link #587
Midonin
Last Engage

Whatever scarcity issue the music appeared to have was solved, and tonight I heard full versions of the OP and most of the EDs. (I'm not listening to the ones from the last two episodes until CR streams them.) Still pretty enjoyable.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 22:17   Link #588
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Well if Ringo was the cutest, then Lilicia's was the most hilarious episode of the whole season. The act Ken got her to put on, the stalking of Kurumi and Mafuyu; Lastly of course Lilicia's article I really laughed so much watching it .

And Kurumi and Mafuyu some nice moments during the shopping
MAL
Old 2013-03-03, 23:08   Link #589
dark-kyon

somebody know the cause of this.

seitokai no ichizon vol1 bd aprox 6000 unit
seitokai no ichizon lv2 bd vol1 aprox 600 unit
dark-kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 01:29   Link #590
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark-kyon View Post

Too many changes to the show's format due to changes in studio, staff and even cast, perhaps?

Dunno about you, but to me, the changes did more harm than good, making those numbers quite justified.
Old 2013-03-04, 07:19   Link #591
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:

Because this is an extremely medicore series trying to masquerade itself as a sequel to Seitokai no Ichizon that nearly 9/10 of the first series' fans don't even want to support it? Of course there's always the factor of time and waning interest but if the drop is this drastic then they have to be doing something wrong. This is a mean statement but I'm somewhat glad that their medicore efforts are being rewarded with reflected by appropriately terrible sales.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 07:34   Link #592
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Because this is an extremely medicore series trying to masquerade itself as a sequel to Seitokai no Ichizon that nearly 9/10 of the first series' fans don't even want to support it? Of course there's always the factor of time and waning interest but if the drop is this drastic then they have to be doing something wrong. This is a mean statement but I'm somewhat glad that their medicore efforts are being rewarded with reflected by appropriately terrible sales.
I won't say S2 is as good as S1 because it isn't it.

But I am finding S2 plenty enjoyable, and I'd much rather have it than nothing.
MAL
Old 2013-03-06, 15:23   Link #593
Dop
Mmmm....

Loved the Thermae Romae references...
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 15:27   Link #594
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:

Glad that wasn't just me. I loved the first season, but found the second one to be extremely lacking.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 00:52   Link #595
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Seems like Sugisaki isn't going to give up the harem, so I guess I'll settle for Asuka as "first wife" status. Because oh boy, she's a frigging riot, trying to keep the "mistresses" in line. And knowing so much about them without having met them, I bet she's the only character in the show that actually has read the light novels. XD

I think first season worked precisely because they focused on the gags and less on the story. AFAIK, a lot of it were anime original, and the humour especially worked in the anime medium. (as opposed to novel material, which doesn't necessarily translate well to anime) This season is remarkably different tone from the first one, especially with that episode 0. Whereas in the first season where humour comes first with plot as a side dish, in here the humour takes a back burner to the introduction of the major players of Sugisaki's past.

Which isn't necessarily bad, but a lot of fans were expecting one thing but got another, and that really puts a downer to things. Kinda same thing that happened to Hayate no Gotoku's latest anime adaptation.

Still, I find it funny, since Studio Deen was one of the most vilified animation studios at that time (IMO mostly unwarranted because of Umineko fans being disappointed with the anime, but that's another story). And now it seems they did the right thing, just judging by sales figures alone.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 16:39   Link #596
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I think first season worked precisely because they focused on the gags and less on the story.
I have basically the opposite view. I view this season as being the one more focused on comedy. The first one had its moments, but there were moments near the end where I tried my hardest to find something to say because the drama levels were reaching a point where they may have colored everything. Here, the comedy is a lot more spread out and constant. I wouldn't have minded if it had a few more references like the first season, but character-driven comedy works too, and by this point, we knew the characters well enough that it could carry the show.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 16:29   Link #597
Dop
Mmmm....

I have to admit that I preferred the first season. I think it just worked a lot better for me than this second season has.
Although I did find myself warming to the second season as it progressed, and after a few episodes I did start enjoying it.

So yeah, the first and second seasons are very different shows, but I did like them both in the end.

Must go back and rewatch the first season some time.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 01:29   Link #598
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Oh wow, totally forgot that Minatsu and Mafuyu were transferring out. So that leaves the harem being Asuka, Ringo, Minase, Eris, and Lilicia... though it seems only Asuka and Ringo are the real contenders left.

Overall, I'd say this series was average. Interesting enough that I finished it, but not enough for me to be compelled to watch it immediately.

If there was a third season, I'd definitely try it. I can actually see Sugisaki being the new president, considering he has a huge following outside of the student council, then Minase would be the new Sugisaki. Highly doubtful they'd do it, but still a nice thought.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 01:35   Link #599
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I will say the first season did blow this one out of the water. I never would have guessed that the animation in the first season would have actually been preferable, but there you have it. The voice changes were still pretty jarring. Though the more you get into a season the easier it gets to forget the old voices.

Thought the first season handled the balance between gags and serious story really well. When they were focusing on the laughs it was plenty funny and yet the serious moments stood out quite a bit as they particularly delved into Sugisaki's past.

This season wasn't bad, but various things really dropped it down in terms of needing to watch each episode as soon as I possibly could.

If they do go for a third season, please god send it back to Studio Deen. And wow never thought I'd say that .

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2013-03-14 at 01:50.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 05:06   Link #600
elior

the chances for third season are low becouse becouse it reached to the consulation it needed
elior is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, parody, romantic comedy, shounen