AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-09-14, 19:46   Link #6101
FerrisWheel
Earl of Cookies
*Author

Does anyone else think that Xingke looks strikingly similar to hayate from Pretear? I always thought so.

Spoiler for Twinsies!:
FerrisWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 19:48   Link #6102
ImmortalFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisWheel View Post
Does anyone else think that Xingke looks strikingly similar to hayate from Pretear? I always thought so.

Spoiler for Twinsies!:
Actually, you're right. Wow, what a resemblance.
ImmortalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 19:53   Link #6103
Betteroffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyllani View Post
Random Thought.

Where were the evil power-hungry Royals hiding?

Charles and V.V. 's mom was killed during the previous Battle Royal for the throne. Charles little flashback made it look like it was an all out war, folk dying left and right. It led him and his brother down the Geass path, not to mention the Ragnarokie stuff.

Yet, even with Charles preaching his strong is right nonsense, the Current Royal family seemed relatively tame. From what little we saw of them, I never got the sense that any of them were itching to slit the others throat for the throne. Schniezel and Cornelia seemed like they'd be the most likely to take over Britannia, maybe Odysseus (being first born). Yet, there was no i need to kill so and so to be on top. No one was planning hits on daddy. Sure they were all trying to prove themselves, but everyone seemed pretty fair. Schniezel was decent brother. Cornelia was a loving sister. Odysseus was nice enough. When Schniezel planned his coup, Cornelia didn't seem too upset. Charles disappears. Schniezel and Cornelia are nowhere to be found, and no one tries to get themselves crowned Emperor or Empress. I was always waiting for some homicidal family hating power wanting black sheep Prince to pop up. Never really happened. I
The time period when Charles and V.V. were growing up was known as The Emblem of Blood, and yes most of their family and other high ranking nobles were making a grab for the throne.

From what I have heard, the Emblem of Blood was due to the previous Emperor dying/being killed without appointing a clear heir and/or the heir was weak enough to be contested. With no supreme authority to act as a moderator to bring down the hammer on them, the various rival factions were free to be much more overt in their attacks on each other, and as a result pretty much everyone got drawn into the fighting, since while they may not have wanted the throne, they still had to kill to protect themselves.

The Emperor serves as something of a moderator to the rivalry of the nobility. It isn't so much that he arrests them for doing something "wrong" as he punishes them for not being smart enough to avoid getting caught, or being weak enough that he has the power to arrest them, and not fear a reaction from their allies. Thus everything stays comparatively more civilized and is kept in the vein of everyone simply performing well in their jobs to demonstrate their fitness to rule, with only the particularly daring attempting an outright assassination.

Once he took the throne, Charles was able to bring unparalleled success to Britannia. The fact that Area 11 was established in late 2010 a.t.b. and Cornelia completes the creation of Area 18 in 2017 a.t.b. shows that under Charles' leadership Britannia has basically been expanding at the average rate of one country a year. Even without taking the Geass Directorate into account, Charles was still far and away too powerful to oppose directly, so pretty much everyone had to play by the rules as far as succeeding the throne went.

Charles was already known to disappear for extended periods of time, but a full month was still excessive. Still some could assume that Charles did this to fake an opening for those seeking the throne to take, just so he could step back in and crush them.

As for Cornelia not objecting to Schneizel's coup, when are you refering to? She tried to kill him on Damocles when she learned everything.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 20:12   Link #6104
FerrisWheel
Earl of Cookies
*Author

Did the animation change in R2 as in R1? All the characters look considerably older in r2. i know 1 year passed,but it seems more like the characters look 3-4 years older.

PS: Lloyd deserves his own anime....
FerrisWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 21:20   Link #6105
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
I am guessing an OVA or a movie being green lighted. Hopefully an OVA showing a post-Lelouch era and how the current Zero is handling whatever problems that are occuring.
Going forward in the series would be interesting to me. Wouldn't mind seeing how Kallen, Nunnally and Suzaku are holding up.

Even though Lelouch is dead, maybe by having OVA after ZR would once and for all end the Lelouch is alive debate. I never would have expected the debate to be as huge as it is even after Lelouch being confirmed dead.
Old 2009-09-14, 21:53   Link #6106
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
Going forward in the series would be interesting to me. Wouldn't mind seeing how Kallen, Nunnally and Suzaku are holding up.

Even though Lelouch is dead, maybe by having OVA after ZR would once and for all end the Lelouch is alive debate. I never would have expected the debate to be as huge as it is even after Lelouch being confirmed dead.
I thought the debate over Lelouch being dead spanned from whether or not he recieved the same contract treatment that made his father immortal.

As for the question on there aging, some of the characters were drawn more mature. If there was any indication of noticable aging, it would have been with the Black Knights during their incarceration while Lelouch had his memory changed. Remember, there were executions of the members in constant and the ones that were not chosen had to wait their turn.

Of the most notible maturity, I think it was Kallen that improved the most when it came to physical combat. Back in R1, Kallen was shown using that hidden knife to attack. In R2, she was shown to have very capable hand to hand abilities as she kick quite a few butts while dressed in that playboy bunny suit.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 22:16   Link #6107
Betteroffer

Quote:
Of the most notible maturity, I think it was Kallen that improved the most when it came to physical combat. Back in R1, Kallen was shown using that hidden knife to attack. In R2, she was shown to have very capable hand to hand abilities as she kick quite a few butts while dressed in that playboy bunny suit.
In the first season she also sliced a bee into three pieces with her bare hands (assumably using her nails) and she was able to swat a flying cork aside. On Kamine island she demonstrates the ability to take out two armed infantry with kicks to the head and chest, even though they both had helmets and vests.

While being on the run for a year undoubtedly sharpened her skills, they weren't exactly lacking in the first season.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 22:25   Link #6108
NoLongerSane

Lol, my apologies on that. It looks like I am going to have to brush up on season 1.
Old 2009-09-14, 22:39   Link #6109
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
I thought the debate over Lelouch being dead spanned from whether or not he recieved the same contract treatment that made his father immortal.
That always seemed like people gasping at straws about the code thing. Maybe show what happened to Lelouch's body after he died would have been interesting.
Old 2009-09-14, 23:26   Link #6110
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalFire View Post
I think so as well, so thatcould include them making multiple OVAs, a remake series, or even an R3 which I find unlikely.
In my honest opinion, I think if Taniguchi gets his way, we might see a remake of Code Geass R2, based on the fact that three episode scripts[Stage 26, Stage 27, and Stage 28] of that original version was already written before the timeslot change was announced. So it might be possible for Sunrise to allow Taniguchi to resume production of his original version for Code Geass R2 where Lelouch wins the conflict against Suzaku at the end of Stage 25 of Season One. I would like to know how Lelouch was able to defeat Suzaku unless Kallen had something to do with that.

From that starting point, it might be quite possible to see Code Geass extend beyond that point of the story. Since it was already mentioned, they might as well produce it.

Immortal Fire, like you, I am against the idea of Code Geass R3 that continues where Lelouch had died. Although it might be possible that we might see a very different Code Geass with a different character in an alternate universe, like the Gundam franchise. But I don't consider Code Geass to be a second Gundam because the medium between the two series are very different. But only time will tell.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 23:35   Link #6111
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post

Lelouch is a VERY popular character. To kill the lead character like that will usher endless debates about the series. This is what the creators were hoping for because it would force Sunrise's hand at providing an option to produce more Code Geass projects. Had Lelouch been given a happy ending is which he is alive and well with Kallen and C.C., would we still be talking about the series as much as we have, one year after the second season had ended?
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 23:41   Link #6112
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
Lelouch is a VERY popular character. To kill the lead character like that will usher endless debates about the series. This is what the creators were hoping for because it would force Sunrise's hand at providing an option to produce more Code Geass projects. Had Lelouch been given a happy ending is which he is alive and well with Kallen and C.C., would we still be talking about the series as much as we have, one year after the second season had ended?
In general, probably not. In the pairing debates, it would be endless speculations, mud-slinging, character assassinations, and bans being handed out like candies during Holloween.
Old 2009-09-14, 23:49   Link #6113
GundamFan0083

The official blog has some interesting developments;

http://geass.at.webry.info/200908/article_1.html

Take it for what it's worth.
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 23:54   Link #6114
eaglei3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
The official blog has some interesting developments;

http://geass.at.webry.info/200908/article_1.html

Take it for what it's worth.
Google translating that page made me laugh.
eaglei3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 00:02   Link #6115
GundamFan0083

You can read an English summary of what it says here;

http://www.animenews.biz/more-code-geass-1958/

It's something new after the R2 ZR DVD and Blue-Ray release.
What this new thing is-is not known yet.
Old 2009-09-15, 00:06   Link #6116
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglei3 View Post
Google translating that page made me laugh.
Yes, the Google translater needs some serious help.
Old 2009-09-15, 00:08   Link #6117
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
You can read an English summary of what it says here;

http://www.animenews.biz/more-code-geass-1958/

It's something new after the R2 ZR DVD and Blue-Ray release.
What this new thing is-is not known yet.
So it is a probable speculation that there may be an OVA in production or a feature film being in consideration.
Old 2009-09-15, 00:09   Link #6118
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
In the first season she also sliced a bee into three pieces with her bare hands (assumably using her nails) and she was able to swat a flying cork aside. On Kamine island she demonstrates the ability to take out two armed infantry with kicks to the head and chest, even though they both had helmets and vests.

While being on the run for a year undoubtedly sharpened her skills, they weren't exactly lacking in the first season.
She didn't slice it into three pieces. She just swatted it dead.

Anyway, interesting news GundamFan. I wasn't really getting my hopes up with the upcoming Newtype article, but now I think we really may get something. I hope so
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 00:11   Link #6119
GundamFan0083

Your guess is as good as anybody's.
It could be just a Pachinko game (tho I've read elswhere that-that is unlikely as one already exists) or it could be a whole new series...who knows besides Sunrise?
Old 2009-09-15, 00:14   Link #6120
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
She didn't slice it into three pieces. She just swatted it dead.

Anyway, interesting news GundamFan. I wasn't really getting my hopes up with the upcoming Newtype article, but now I think we really may get something. I hope so
I really hope so as well.
R2 as Taniguchi meant it to be would be excellent IMHO, but probably expecting too much.

And if it's an R3 (or whatever they would name a sequel), I hope that they don't screw up the story with something like, Oh BTW, that cart driver was Lelouch. That would just make my blood boil.
If they resurrect Lelouch for a sequel, I hope to god they do it right.