AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Old 2009-05-20, 03:21   Link #101
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Oh well, looks like MrTerrorist had his Welkin/Selvaria story out. Man, I planned to go to something like that.

I'll see if I can whip up something a bit better perhaps. Let me know if I messed up something or what. This can be subjected to changes though. Also, I'd like to post this in FF.net, but my rule is that I do only two stories only 'cause if I do more than two, then I'll need more time done to finish them.

And yeah, 100th post.

Spoiler for The Story:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 07:46   Link #102
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Spoiler for Mustn't forget about Max...:
Is that the ending? I don't know why, but I feel disappointed by Louise's final thoughts. Also, does the Empire take over the world Europa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
The Story
This is a really fast start (already She Is Not My Girlfriend?), and Selvaria's intro could go a little better. I'm thinking something like

Spoiler for Opening:

...then don't name Selvaria until she introduces herself to Welkin. I say this because referring to the main character for the first time as "A 12-year old Selvaria" is... weird.
Old 2009-05-20, 08:56   Link #103
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, that is until the next time the Empire needs her. As a commander, Louise knew that eternal war would eventually ruin the Empire. The Empire can only grow in periods of peace. The Rats and Squad 7 too felt the strain of fighting this long. One thing is for sure though: Should Selvaria or her Crown Prince need any military advice, you can expect the phone in the Bathory Manor to ring. Even Yaegar became a personal friend of Louise, and during the Federation War, he was able to lead a task force to support the Gallian/Imperial alliance.

If you want to, we can make that happen. After all, the victory had to be big enough to silence the other factions.

But, what of Gallia? In another coup by Max, Cordelia agreed to have both the Empire and Gallia control the supplies of ragnite in exchange for her country being free. Also, the two sides cemented their new-found status as allies. Trade flourished between them, and military exchanges, pioneered by the Rats and Squad 7 became the norm. It was a marked change from just a few years ago. While Gallia was still under Imperial control (during the war with the Federation), Cordelia had already restored the rights of Gallian Darcsens.

P.S. Whoa. I went from having Selvaria and Max getting married in one fic to having Welkins and them in a triangle.

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2009-05-20 at 09:17.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 13:04   Link #104
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

As i promise, here's description of the first chapter of my SelvariaxWelkin story.
Spoiler for Chp1:

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2009-05-21 at 23:08.
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 16:06   Link #105
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Thanks spawn,

I wasn't sure how to do that I think. Thanks for looking at it.

PS - Nice 1st chapter. But I think you'll need help on punctuation and all. Just a suggestion.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-05-21, 12:25   Link #106
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Okay here's the continuation of chapter 1 set in the present
Spoiler for cont chp1:

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2009-05-21 at 23:12.
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 12:53   Link #107
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Hell, no. I have mad respect for snipers. (Back in my army days, had the pleasure of seeing some aspects of their training. Some even bunked next door to my platoon.) Simo Hayha himself is probably the patron saint of snipers.
Glad to hear that. On this note I find it interesting that antimateriel rifles like the PTRS-41 and Boys AT rifle do not seem to be present in VC canon, if what I recall of the arsenal listing in the official strategy guide.
Anyways, musings on introducing airpower to the canon VC universe reminded me that bombers and dedicated CAS aircraft aren't the only things that would embody 'death from above' at the battlefield level... another might be an analogue of the AC-47 Spooky, packing combinations of miniguns (if I recall correctly, you do find some in one of the game's 'Red Flag' missions) and recoilless rifles or automatic cannons.
And we haven't even touched upon the possibilities presented by airborne forces... imagine, for instance, a Rat Patrol take on Squad 7 being inserted behind enemy lines by a combination of transports and towed gliders to strike a key supply dump.
On a completely silly note, I present the mental image of Welkin sporting a half-balaclava (covering everything of his face from the nose on down), laid-back attitude, and a tendency to use dodgy excuses ("Sorry I'm late Captain; I got lost on the road of life...")
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 17:06   Link #108
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Ah interesting, so Selvie's adopted eh as the elder daughter of Belgen? Quite interesting.

Firefly, I like the idea of Welkin having a balaclava. Makes him look awesome. Can't wait to imagine him using the FAV's weapon systems. XP

Old 2009-05-21, 20:36   Link #109
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Firefly, I like the idea of Welkin having a balaclava. Makes him look awesome. Can't wait to imagine him using the FAV's weapon systems. XP
Yes, it would, though the idea had originally spawned for purposes of silly fanart inspiration... specifically, Welkin borrowing certain mannerisms from another (in?)famous leader of another universe's 'Squad 7'. Though in Welkin's case, the 'little orange book' would be any of several nature-related publications.
I was reminded over in the Weapons and Technology sub-board (reference) that there was an 'aha' moment with respect to the potential of airpower did in fact occur... unfortunately it was ignored, leading me to wonder if said visionary - the Edelweiss' designer - then found himself having experiences similar to one Gen. Billy Mitchell. An AU wherein the Gallians got themselves a proper airforce - or, at least - the beginnings of one - by the time the game's events kick off would have this as the divergence point: in this continuity, someone did take him seriously, and was able to get a proper R&D program up and running...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 20:50   Link #110
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Theimer right? Yeah, too bad that he's a Darcsen though aka Daruk in Japan IIRC.

Old 2009-05-24, 06:27   Link #111
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

http://www.fanfiction.net/game/Valky...1/0/0/0/0/0/1/

Got some news. VC's FF.net subcategory has 31 stories as of now. One of them's a VC/Silent Hill story.

Old 2009-05-26, 03:24   Link #112
cloner4000

Quote:
Spoiler for characters:

Spoiler for The tale continues...:
It would be a totally AU story..but why not? seem interesting and definably some epic battles
cloner4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 06:22   Link #113
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Spoiler for factoring in something I missed out:
Old 2009-05-26, 07:01   Link #114
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Well, that is until the next time the Empire needs her. As a commander, Louise knew that eternal war would eventually ruin the Empire. The Empire can only grow in periods of peace. The Rats and Squad 7 too felt the strain of fighting this long. One thing is for sure though: Should Selvaria or her Crown Prince need any military advice, you can expect the phone in the Bathory Manor to ring. Even Yaegar became a personal friend of Louise, and during the Federation War, he was able to lead a task force to support the Gallian/Imperial alliance.

If you want to, we can make that happen. After all, the victory had to be big enough to silence the other factions.

But, what of Gallia? In another coup by Max, Cordelia agreed to have both the Empire and Gallia control the supplies of ragnite in exchange for her country being free. Also, the two sides cemented their new-found status as allies. Trade flourished between them, and military exchanges, pioneered by the Rats and Squad 7 became the norm. It was a marked change from just a few years ago. While Gallia was still under Imperial control (during the war with the Federation), Cordelia had already restored the rights of Gallian Darcsens.

P.S. Whoa. I went from having Selvaria and Max getting married in one fic to having Welkins and them in a triangle.
You keep editing posts, so I miss the fact that there's more in them

Nitpicks: In the English version, they're "Jaeger" and "Welkin", not "Yaeger" and "Welkins". Isara calls Welkin "Welks" occasionally, though.

And what in God's name happened to Alicia in the Welkin/Selvaria/Max thing? Why not a Love Quadrangle?

Quote:
Spoiler for factoring in something I missed out:
What do you need the gauntlets for? What happened to the spears and shields that requires the gauntlets? Why would Selvaria even want to make the fight 'fair'?
Old 2009-05-26, 07:23   Link #115
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Edits help me keep track of where I stuff my information, although I know it would be within this thread.

That was toying with MrTerrorist's idea. But, I won't say that there is a triangle between Selvaria, Welkin and Alicia. Alicia certainly sees it that way. But, Selvaria and later even Welkin acknowledged that despite their shared memories, they have spent too much time apart from each other to rekindle that puppy love of theirs.

Spoiler for some stuff:
Old 2009-05-26, 15:10   Link #116
cloner4000

Have you ever thought of putting Johann into the story? Him being a semi-important character and all..
cloner4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 19:56   Link #117
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Most probably, I will. However, where he shows up would be altered.

Spoiler for details...:
Old 2009-05-26, 21:16   Link #118
Runty

Third chapter for my fanfic is up.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5060248/...cles_Lone_Wulf

Enjoy and leave a review.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-27, 07:16   Link #119
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Most probably, I will. However, where he shows up would be altered.

Spoiler for details...:
I finally found the time to finish Behind the Blue Flame this weekend, so I can now comment on Johann

Spoiler for the devil's in the _____:
Old 2009-05-27, 08:14   Link #120
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Spoiler for Johann:

Tags
fanfiction