AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-05, 12:59   Link #21
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Episode 1 is out.
Hmm ... I only know of one group that has committed to possibly subbing this one and haven't seen it in the "usual places" yet - if you know of a subbed version could you pm me? Thanks in advance.
Old 2012-07-05, 17:07   Link #22
Debeki

Debeki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 17:13   Link #23
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

What an odd ED! An odd blend of traditional Japanese instruments and electro-dance thumping.... Or something like that.

What a pity no one has picked up this series...
Old 2012-07-05, 18:37   Link #24
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

this anime is one of those I'll see but I'll wait as least a dozen episodes before watching so

as I always do
xD
Old 2012-07-05, 22:24   Link #25
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

oh lol
sasuga Kumeta-sensei!!
this is easily the candidate for best comedy this season ( other than bimbougami )
too bad the jokes maybe difficult to understands for nonjapanese

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 13:21   Link #26
Kunagisa

I probably have the stupidest sense of humor, but I found this funnier than Binbougami (and I already love that). The jokes are soooooooo badddd, but damn they're crazy fun (especially that last one and the 4th wall breaking ones in the beginning and that dog one nearly drove me up the walls and and that naked chara intro was so funny too ).

I had the hardest time remembering their names, then someone suggested look up their neta on wiki and I seriously burst out laughing how it is afterward. Also, anyone have a gif of that thing where they did this in the op?

Anyway, highly recommended 10/10 (9/10 for the episode, 11/10 for the ED); here's a group pic too

EDIT: Forgot to mention Momoiro Clover Z's alias for this series had me cracking up for a bit too.

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2012-07-06 at 13:32.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 13:25   Link #27
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Looks like a group committed to picking it up in eng. Huzzah! Looking forward to ep 1....
Old 2012-07-06, 20:57   Link #28
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Looks like a group committed to picking it up in eng. Huzzah! Looking forward to ep 1....
Yay, the season wouldn't be complete without it.

I watched the raw from beginning to end. For the record, I speak almost no Japanese. I sometimes got what they were talking about, but not what they're actually saying. I had no idea what was going on at all, but it looks and sounds gorgeous. I will watch it raw if I have to. (Yes, I'm weird like that.)
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 21:41   Link #29
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post

I had the hardest time remembering their names, then someone suggested look up their neta on wiki and I seriously burst out laughing how it is afterward.
can I have it too?
the jokes are very funny but is it not too dangerous?
Spoiler for especially:

kumeta sensei will be assasinated if he lives in my country

I already want the ED full version
Hyadain + Momoiro Z FTW!!

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 08:48   Link #30
Dormeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post
Spoiler for especially:
Spoiler for give us back ***:

It's a very political joke and dangerous venture.
But funny.
Dormeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 20:05   Link #31
Midonin
Last Engage

Rakugo is one of those things that has a tough time crossing the cultural barrier. Dealing with puns and wordplay, from subbers I've talked to, can be like cancer. Sometimes it is Cancer. I was a little cautious about picking up this, given the group, but if there was ever a show that required creative translator input, they're pretty trustworthy... and the sub turned out pretty good. I laughed, a few times. And the show was as good as I thought it would be.

Koji Kumeta's writing shines through, and, while I would've loved to see what Shaft and Shinbo would've done with the material (SZS and Hidamari defined Shaft's image for me, even years later), JC Staff did a pretty good job. And like SZS, the fourth wall was broken down within moments of the show beginning. Most of it was just puns and Kumeta's observational humor, but the closing gag was... quite pointed.

There are many different types of humor on display this anime season. From Jinrui's dry and surreal humor to Yuru Yuri's character focused humor, and now this... kudos to the translators, and I look forward to future installments.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 21:39   Link #32
CWW
Lurker

My, what a diverse cast we have. They supplement each other very well. I can't pick a favourite yet nor do I actively dislike anyone, which should tell a lot. The Rakugo bits weren't laugh-out funny, but I felt it showed the contrast between the different gags nicely. The writing is solid. Unlike Binbougami-ge, it doesn't pretend to have a plot. I can watch it solely for the gags instead of scratching my head to the inane plot development. Or in Jinrui's case, the insanity, which may or may not be caused by drug abuse.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 21:54   Link #33
SQA

Very fun. A different type of comedy series, but you have to appreciate a 4th wall breaking moment at the start of the episode about why they're being made into an anime in the first place.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 23:08   Link #34
Utsuro no Hako

I believe that's a first -- an anime questioning its own purpose in existence within the first five minutes of episode one.

Once more JC Staff proves that the quality of their work is inversely proportional to the number of fantastical elements in the story. If only they'd stick to shows that are grounded in reality, they'd be one of the best studios around. But I suppose it's the ZnTs and Hidan no Arias that pay for Joshirakus and Kimi to Bokus.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 23:15   Link #35
Midonin
Last Engage

When dealing with Koji Kumeta, "reality" (and "sanity") are always questionable. We already have our first sign of something unusual with the person in the wrestling mask.
Old 2012-07-08, 23:30   Link #36
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Has anyone watched the gg sub? Are they trolling again? This is one of the shows I will need subs and tons of TL notes to understand what the hell is going on
AmeNoJaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 23:41   Link #37
Midonin
Last Engage

gg's subs were fairly true to the spirit of the show, and got the point of the jokes across. No mind games going on this time.
Old 2012-07-08, 23:43   Link #38
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Ooh Rakugo. Must admit, it's me loving the drama Tiger&Dragon that piqued my interest in this. But alas, it's less about the actual Rakugo and more about the hijinks that involve those who do the Rakugo.

As for the episode itself, I liked when they broke they fourth wall. THAT was a riot to watch. Thing is, A LOT of the jokes apart from that were pretty much lost in translation, kind of like Seitokai Yakuindomo. Which, as much as I tried to love it, just didn't mesh well with me unfortunately.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 00:55   Link #39
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post
can I have it too?
http://blog.raspberrytealeaf.com/201...ing-joshiraku/
Koda's rant post kinda explained it a bit. Wiki's here. I'm not sure how much they explained in the sub but someone else linked this to me and I thought it's interesting read (well maybe not the drama part for you guys).

Here's another CV mug shot

A nice person on /a/ made the shadow cat thingy. For whatever reason if you need it, here it is.

ED's too fun to pass up too

mfw they actually had a somewhat decent dance choreography for this (OP/EDs having choreography's always a huge bonus for me, like R+V S2's OP for example). I feel I should know some of the moves from :somewhere: but not recalling anything at the moment ...

EDIT: http://notredreviews.wordpress.com/2...-and-the-like/ this should help too

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2012-07-09 at 01:29.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 01:48   Link #40
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
I believe that's a first -- an anime questioning its own purpose in existence within the first five minutes of episode one.
Seitokai no Ichizon had already done that (to great effect) right off the bat before the OP nearly three years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if others have done it even before that, they're just not coming to mind right now.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen