AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-07-03, 09:18   Link #33541
demino_hellsin
That one guy

well I think we're all agreed that Dunois was a fallen family anyway.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 09:22   Link #33542
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

And if Dunois goes to their government and go:

Think France goverment would buy it?
Old 2012-07-03, 09:26   Link #33543
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

And risking sending some "recruitment agents" to the most sacred place of WMD development, of all things?

No offense, brute approach just don't cut it. Unless Dunois do it under the table (with the goverment being oblivious) and sending PT member or something equivalent in a shady illegal contract, which is more plausible. And yet the risk still not worth.
Old 2012-07-03, 09:30   Link #33544
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Or I'll just cut any potential mecha outburst and do it the normal negotiations way. Say they'll just send a representative from their company down to the Academy to negotiate a deal to bring Iris back with no backup plans whatsoever.
Old 2012-07-03, 09:32   Link #33545
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

That's far better option... conspiracy at it's finest.

OPTION 2: sending another spy to sway/bribe/blackmail her, by that means, a trustworthy one (definitely not the daughter you always abandoned for years). If this one fail, brute approach may be applied somehow...
Old 2012-07-03, 09:48   Link #33546
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Just a tidbit of the foreshadowy-ish

Spoiler for Scene:
Old 2012-07-03, 09:49   Link #33547
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^

Besides, unwilling pilot makes a bad pilot. Seriously.
Old 2012-07-03, 09:56   Link #33548
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Unwilling is one thing:

- Iris no longer has her Custom I. Not to mention that it was scrapped WITHOUT her notice.
- Only thing of value on her is combat data. Real combat data.
- Horrible past of being arrowed with blames that she didn't deserve in the first place.
- Sent off without as much of a token of appreciation.
- Dunois doesn't have any cores for another development unit. (I presume to be so, at least)

She has every reason not to go back. Mr Dunois knows this and so does the secretary lady in the scene. And the secretary is against the plan because of how mean it would be to Iris.
Old 2012-07-03, 10:04   Link #33549
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Then Dunois lets her pilot an experimental unit which by theory would be highly unhealthy to the pilot... and that's putting it lightly.

Then it comes to light Iris' isn't completely happy with "padded cage fights". She's being reminded that the freedom of being a Dunois test pilot was what made them choose her in the first place, because she had a tendency to let loose. Very much unlike how she's restricted in ISA.

Old 2012-07-03, 10:05   Link #33550
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
^

Besides, unwilling pilot makes a bad pilot. Seriously.
Yea....

They probably won't do....unless the said pilot has some interesting research value.....that make the pilot worth sending.
Old 2012-07-03, 10:08   Link #33551
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Then Dunois lets her pilot an experimental unit which by theory would be highly unhealthy to the pilot... and that's putting it lightly.

Then it comes to light Iris' isn't completely happy with "padded cage fights". She's being reminded that the freedom of being a Dunois test pilot was what made them choose her in the first place, because she had a tendency to let loose. Very much unlike how she's restricted in ISA.

Actually she's enjoying her life as a security trooper in the ISA. Then there's also her love interest. Pulling her out of ISA is kind of next to impossible unless Dunois could provide the exact happiness if she goes back to Dunois... which I highly doubt so.
Old 2012-07-03, 10:14   Link #33552
demino_hellsin
That one guy

so piloting is secondary to Iris? If they want to even start negotiations, they need at least something to lure her with.
Old 2012-07-03, 10:22   Link #33553
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
so piloting is secondary to Iris? If they want to even start negotiations, they need at least something to lure her with.
Test piloting, yes. Piloting in itself, not exactly.

If I were to go with Dunois not being able to provide another unit for her, it adds another reason for her not to go. Because she already has her own trooper-issue Raphael Revive Basic.

Iris tend to relate herself with Inami as "former test pilots". Which is true not only because they're no longer part of the organisations that they're test pilots of, they also have their own units that they are happy with.
Old 2012-07-03, 10:25   Link #33554
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So what if they bribe her with a unit they're confident with to race even a 4th gen? If she agrees, they'll even let her keep it? just a what if to consider
Old 2012-07-03, 10:30   Link #33555
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

She may buy it. In that case, she would be getting the Mirage

Then again, chances still very slim. Her happiness in the ISA far outweighs what she may get for going back to Dunois.
Old 2012-07-03, 10:40   Link #33556
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The chainsaws make no sense to me... other than that it seems to be a great unit.

The only way they can bribe her with that is digging the seed of doubt in her. Whether this was what she really wanted right from the very start when she first entered her career in IS. To pilot the newest models, to become national representative or to become a guard dog for some kids who can only talk big but lack the required drive to actually achieve anything.

Though that seems to be too hardcore for what you have in mind
Old 2012-07-03, 10:47   Link #33557
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quite a plot point there.

While another people MAY be fooled, some people are not too stupid to fall for it, or way too pissed about what happens in the past.

Same thing happened to one of the protagonist in the crossover, who gladly helped overthrowing the government of the country he represented. His excuse?

They are trying to kill him and his families, seeing him as a hindrance for the country's own integrity (so to speak). Yeah, a country trying to kill it's only male I.S. pilot just one of the crazy things happened during that time, and for the first time since White Knight, I.S. units are used in real battlefield (much to international ire)

In spite of declared a 'hero' (by the coup government of course), he represent the neighboring country as their 'political hostage' in a sense.
Old 2012-07-03, 10:48   Link #33558
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
The chainsaws make no sense to me... other than that it seems to be a great unit.
It isn't supposed to. It's a weapon furnished from a system glitch to begin with.

Quote:
The only way they can bribe her with that is digging the seed of doubt in her. Whether this was what she really wanted right from the very start when she first entered her career in IS. To pilot the newest models, to become national representative or to become a guard dog for some kids who can only talk big but lack the required drive to actually achieve anything.

Though that seems to be too hardcore for what you have in mind
They're too far gone if they're going for that.
- She has her own unit
- Friends who cares
- Someone she falls in love with
- She's in a place where she doesn't hold the burden of the nation on her shoulder
- Thus, less prone to reprimanding for practically no reason.
Old 2012-07-03, 12:24   Link #33559
agetreme
Just another Idiot

I got an idea so mind blowing that it justified Nemo and his father's attitude of "lack of concerned for reality" (AKA being delusional)

Mind blowing idea:

Madoka is not Ichika's sister
Madoka is not Ichika's unknown half-sister
Madoka is not the clone of Ichika's parents
Madoka is not exactly the clone of Chifuyu.....
Madoka is Chifuyu's daughter and no, time machine isn't invented yet.
Since Madoka is Chifuyu's daughter... that make her.....Ichika's niece

Spoiler for How is that possible?:

Beside that and many more screw up things which should give off that effect of:

"you really can't handle the truth"/ "You really don't want to know the truth"

Ignorant is bliss... in case of this universe: Keep your sanity....
Old 2012-07-03, 18:27   Link #33560
DarkJak2050

Fanfic spotted.

Infinite Stratos Dragons Roar Of Courage
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest