Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-08-02, 10:17   Link #1001
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
Regarding that, if we assume SAO and Accel World is on the same timeline, Accel World takes places 2046. We can assume that in SAO pencils were still in use. The Brain Burst program started appearing around seven years ago, 2039. Accordingly, SAO is said to take place 40 years ago, 2006. Now then, we could assume pencils became outdated in 30 years time, 2036. We could assume that Graphite Edge might be one of the pioneers of BB. This is my opinion only.
Actually, SAO begins in 2022.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 10:32   Link #1002
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

If that's the case, then he might be around the same age as KYH. Since it was mentioned the GE had enough points to reach Level 9 yet stayed as Level 8. Wait a minute... Why did he stay as Level 8 then? Unless he knew the condition of a Level 9. But that's unlikely. He may have just decided to stay after hearing about the that.
Old 2012-08-02, 10:41   Link #1003
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
If that's the case, then he might be around the same age as KYH. Since it was mentioned the GE had enough points to reach Level 9 yet stayed as Level 8. Wait a minute... Why did he stay as Level 8 then? Unless he knew the condition of a Level 9. But that's unlikely. He may have just decided to stay after hearing about the that.
Mhm. Then there's no way he's Kirito, then. But we can't get scratch out the possibility that GE may be Kirito's offspring..

Maybe he didn't want to become a target for the other level 9's or something along those lines?
Old 2012-08-02, 11:03   Link #1004
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Mhm. Then there's no way he's Kirito, then. But we can't get scratch out the possibility that GE may be Kirito's offspring..

Maybe he didn't want to become a target for the other level 9's or something along those lines?
or he wait until he got an one on one battle with a level 9 then when he is sure that he is gonna win, he level up and got the kill . Unless lev 9 bonus is something extremely good, nobody will want to lev up to lev 9, "full physical burst" is not worth the risk , that might explained there are only 7 lev 9 now.
hayate-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 11:59   Link #1005
XxSleepyxX
Learner

Sao and AW are in the same timeline. Kirito and Asuna make a brief cameo appearance in volume 7 of AW. The AW timeline would be in the future of the SAO timeline. I'm pretty sure Kirito doesn't know of sao. In the crossover when he got attacked he said theirs no way a game like this should exist since the pain threshold is unusually high.
Old 2012-08-02, 12:01   Link #1006
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSleepyxX View Post
Kirito and Asuna make a brief cameo appearance in volume 7 of AW.
That so.. First I've ever heard of that.
Old 2012-08-02, 14:20   Link #1007
Deathrip

Isn't it just a crossover? I'm sure the LN writer stated that AW isn't in the same timeline as SAO.
Deathrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 14:22   Link #1008
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrip View Post
Isn't it just a crossover? I'm sure the LN writer stated that AW isn't in the same timeline as SAO.
I don't know. Like I said, I haven't heard anything about those two making an appearance in AW at all. *shrug*
Old 2012-08-02, 16:45   Link #1009
churchblue
Banned

Wait, Brain Burst was introduced in 2006 and Graphite Edge was one of the first? How did he get in?
churchblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 17:52   Link #1010
XxSleepyxX
Learner

It was a short appearance they went to go shopping. The tech of AW doesn't exist in SAOs timeline. It would be in development. It would impossible for Kirito to be in SAO. Number 1 hes too old. Number 2 he doesn't have a neurolinker. Those aren't even invented yet.
Old 2012-08-02, 18:05   Link #1011
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
It was a short appearance they went to go shopping. The tech of AW doesn't exist in SAOs timeline. It would be in development. It would impossible for Kirito to be in SAO. Number 1 hes too old. Number 2 he doesn't have a neurolinker. Those aren't even invented yet.
Ah, I see.

And I think you mean it's impossible for Kirito to be in AW? And yep, those reasons make sense, and are also why I think GE is probably Kirito's child.
Old 2012-08-02, 21:28   Link #1012
sky black swordman

^ Thats what I said.
The question is it a boy or a girl ?
And here is another one, he could also be AW verision of Kirito.
Old 2012-08-02, 22:30   Link #1013
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
^If he is the AW version of Kirito then everyone else is basically screwed.

It would be a very nice twist if Kirito was in the AW timeline but there are so many things are against it from what I've read.
Old 2012-08-03, 01:45   Link #1014
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
I doubt it, as Kirito invented Star Burst Stream in SAO. Why would he teach it to someone? If the author just admits that the worlds are related/the same, then it'll make a lot more sense..
My thoughts:
Spoiler for SAO Vol10 spoilers + WMG:
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 06:01   Link #1015
churchblue
Banned

Is SAO related to to AW?
churchblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 17:11   Link #1016
XxSleepyxX
Learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchblue View Post
Is SAO related to to AW?
Nope SAO isn't related to AW. Flere might be onto something though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
^If he is the AW version of Kirito then everyone else is basically screwed.

It would be a very nice twist if Kirito was in the AW timeline but there are so many things are against it from what I've read.
Nah. Its shouldn't be possible. Kirito shouldn't be able to make appearance within the world. It isn't his domain.

Anyone take note what so special about piggy other than the fact he has wings? Its his speed. What does Kirito have in common with piggy? Speed. Thats how he got his dual blades. The author gives "speed" to the protagonist of his stories.
Old 2012-08-03, 18:12   Link #1017
SABER60069

I'm pretty sure Kirito got dual blades due to his reaction speed, I always thought Asuna is better in terms of speed itself.
SABER60069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 18:18   Link #1018
XxSleepyxX
Learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABER60069 View Post
I'm pretty sure Kirito got dual blades due to his reaction speed, I always thought Asuna is better in terms of speed itself.
Basically thats what i'm talking about. Their reaction speed. Both main characters of both stories thats what they have in common.

This might be a slight possibility but maybe Kuroyukihime is actually Kirito and Asuna's daughter? It would make sense shes a dual blade user. She manged to hack her ID card so it says Kuroyukihime (Hacking skills Kirito). Shes part of a rich family (Asuna)? But her name is never given to us.
Old 2012-08-03, 18:20   Link #1019
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
This might be a slight possibility but maybe Kuroyukihime is actually Kirito and Asuna's daughter? It would make sense shes a dual blade user. She manged to hack her ID card so it says Kuroyukihime (Hacking skills Kirito). Shes part of a rich family (Asuna)? But her name is never given to us.
Yeah, it's possible, but it may mean that Asuna and Kirito are dead, as none of KYH's relatives showed up while she was fighting for her life in the hospital. Another popular fan theory is that those two are just horrible parents.
Old 2012-08-03, 18:40   Link #1020
XxSleepyxX
Learner

Quote:
Yeah, it's possible, but it may mean that Asuna and Kirito are dead, as none of KYH's relatives showed up while she was fighting for her life in the hospital. Another popular fan theory is that those two are just horrible parents.
Well knowing Kirito and his research hes probably not in Japan. He'd probably be in America researching something else. Not so sure about Asuna though... she'd probably stick to him like glue. I thought their was a butler or something that came to see her. But yeah. Even if they where her parents. I'd doubt the author would let them make a apperance that easily even if its a life and death situation at least not that early on in the story.

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, romance, seinen, shounen, virtual reality