AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-12, 22:53   Link #1821
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
I'm the one who needs to ease up? You're the one immediately goes "NO, YOU'RE WRONG!!!" at people without even reading their post properly to prove you're some sort of DBZ-know-it-all. Of course I'm not gonna mince words with a guy like that.
Where did I say "NO, YOU'RE WRONG!!!"? Show me exactly where I said that. I thought so. Think twice before calling others out on reading comprehension.

And the funny thing is that this reply of yours isn't even a response to the rest of the content in my previous post. I guess the only thing you can do is throw a temper tantrum at people over the internet when you no longer have a proper rebuttal.

Regarding the Funimation version of DB Kai, Sean Schemmel is the one who actually sings the opening theme song. I really enjoyed this performance of his. Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fiyHwvFZ1o
Old 2010-04-12, 23:05   Link #1822
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Where did I say "NO, YOU'RE WRONG!!!"? Show me exactly where I said that.
Do I really need to explain this...?

I said:

Quote:
especially after Vegeta had acted all buddy-buddy with Goku in his last moments on Namek.
You said:

Quote:
Vegeta never acted all "buddy-buddy" with Goku right before his death.
If you're not telling me I'm wrong then I'm a monkey's uncle.

Quote:
And the funny thing is that this reply of yours isn't even a response to the rest of the content in my previous post. I guess the only thing you can do is throw a temper tantrum at people over the internet when you no longer have a proper rebuttal.
Wait, what? xD The rest of the content in your previous post is the obvious truth that any DBZ fan with a half-brain is aware of, why the hell would I rebut it? The point is that it has nothing to do with my original claim, which you completely misunderstood.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 23:44   Link #1823
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ I asked you to show me where I said the exact same words you said in the exact same tone you described. Try again.

What you were talking about is a filler scene, and thus it doesn't count. It doesn't exist in the manga. Therefore, your original point held no weight, so I felt the need to correct it. And if you took my response offensively, that's just sad. I didn't present myself as a snob, so why have you gotten so upset? I'm not here to start any conflicts with anyone (with the exception of you, I get along just fine with everyone else here), and if you get riled up over something as trivial as this, then you need help.
Old 2010-04-13, 00:33   Link #1824
Vicious108

Yay for stupidly taking things literally.

And man are you serious? xD How can a filler scene not count when I was talking about it being incoherent in relation to a scene that was ALSO FILLER?

I was merely commenting on how inconsistent the two filler scenes were, until you felt the need to step in and go "I'm gonna correct you by talking about stuff that has nothing to do with what you were saying cause that will surely boost my e-peen"

And haha oh wow. A guy says 'no shit' and you think he's automatically upset and riled up? xD Now that is sad.
Old 2010-04-13, 09:12   Link #1825
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
And man are you serious? xD How can a filler scene not count when I was talking about it being incoherent in relation to a scene that was ALSO FILLER?

I was merely commenting on how inconsistent the two filler scenes were
Technically, the filler scene of Vegeta beating up Gohan does make some sense knowing his character. With Goku and Freeza out of the picture after Namek's explosion, he knows there is no one left to stand in his way of ruling the universe. He chose to rub this in Gohan's face, which goaded him into fighting him. In his last moments on Namek, Vegeta was happy to see that Goku was a Super Saiyan, because that meant the end for Frieza. But then on Earth, when he found out that Namek was on the verge of exploding, things got even better for him because 2 birds would be killed with 1 stone.

So, within the context of filler, the two scenes don't really conflict with each other. The one where Vegeta is happy to see Goku as a super saiyan, however, conflicts with a canon scene in the Cell arc (I'm sure you know which one I'm talking about). This was what I meant when I said "You shouldn't try to make sense of the filler since it's so inconsistent to begin with".

And I don't need only words to discern if you're upset or not. The tone of your posts reflects your anger quite clearly. Have a nice day .
Old 2010-04-13, 11:38   Link #1826
Vicious108

Of course, Mr. DBZ Guru. Your word is law after all. Just don't break your arm patting yourself on the back.

And haha, clearly you've only been to tame message boards like AnimeSuki if you think there was genuine anger in my posts. But sure, believe what you wanna believe. We've already tainted this topic enough with this pointless discussion and your lack of reading comprehension, so I'll stop here. "Have a nice day ."
Old 2010-04-13, 14:52   Link #1827
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

So was anyone else disappointed when Videl cut her hair? I for one loved the pig-tails, they were cute

Since the Frieza Saga is coming to a close, what fillers to do you guys think should be kept? (I.e. - If they do decide to keep some.)

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 17:29   Link #1828
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
I hope they go straight into the Cell arc, with maybe a slight sidetrack on how Vegeta come to co-exist (for now) with the fellow humans.

I liked short-hair Videl, maybe because her character changed as well. She was a lot less bitchy after she got her haircut.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 17:34   Link #1829
Vicious108

Oh god pigtails Videl looked so much better. And her bitchyness was what made her interesting and entertaining in the first place, after she cut her hair she became pretty bland.
Old 2010-04-13, 17:39   Link #1830
GDB

I preferred short-hair Videl. Ponytail Videl just didn't look strong (mentally or physically), in my opinion. She just looked... angry.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 23:18   Link #1831
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm with pig-tail Videl being the better one. Just seemed like she lost something when they went after her hair like that. Really just wasn't a fan of the change.
Old 2010-04-14, 03:29   Link #1832
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I like girls with short hair, so i was more for Videl without the the pigtails. Saying that, she was a much more interesting character when she had them, so i can't really win.
Old 2010-04-14, 06:06   Link #1833
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Um... is it ever even mentioned what Vejita saw in Bulma and the two... got together? I mean, how did it happen? Chichi and Videl loved their husbands' manliness and they were too stupid to refuse. What about Bulma? What did she like in Vejita? And what did Vejita like in Bulma?

Spoiler for do not read:
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 10:26   Link #1834
Maya-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
What did she like in Vejita? And what did Vejita like in Bulma?
Looks and body obviously. Just look how little they cared about each other during the Cell arc. Or maybe they became close after their one-night-stand resulted in a kid?
Old 2010-04-14, 12:27   Link #1835
Vicious108

There are some scenes that hint at Vegeta and Bulma developing affection for each other. They're probably filler, but yeah. Bulma was seemingly moved by his drive and passion to get stronger and Vegeta just wasn't used to a female getting that close to him and challenging him and standing up to him, so he was moved too.
Old 2010-04-17, 21:15   Link #1836
Vicious108

Gotta double post here because of some news, according to this, it seems that Takeshi Kusao will indeed be returning to reprise his role as Trunks.

Which is great news. He was immense in the original, and his hot blooded screams were probably my favorite amongst the saiyans.
Old 2010-04-18, 07:04   Link #1837
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Um... is it ever even mentioned what Vejita saw in Bulma and the two... got together? I mean, how did it happen? Chichi and Videl loved their husbands' manliness and they were too stupid to refuse. What about Bulma? What did she like in Vejita? And what did Vejita like in Bulma?

Spoiler for do not read:
For Vegeta's sake, it is pretty obvious. With the lack of female saiyajins, the dude must have been pretty horny...

Bulma has had the hots for Goku ever since he emerged as an adult in the Piccolo Jr. arc, but Chichi snagged him too fast for her to do anything. Vegeta is the next best thing .
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 08:34   Link #1838
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Quote:
according to this, it seems that Takeshi Kusao will indeed be returning to reprise his role as Trunks.
That is great news. Though according to that, Trunks won't debut until 56. Still, I'm betting he has at least one line in 55.

53 was pretty well done. They took out almost all the "recap moments" from the original. I guess when the story was 108 episodes you needed to remind fans exactly what was going on.

Spoiler for Episode 54:
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 09:06   Link #1839
Peanutbutter

Spoiler for Ep 53:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 11:12   Link #1840
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I'm not sure if anyone here is aware or not, but there are already some voice changes for the Dragon Ball Kai dub. The most notable ones are for Gohan, Bulma, and the narrator. I actually feel they sound much better and more fitting than their original counterparts. Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leuQi1NBuZo