3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.65%
1 out of 10 : Painful 12 3.92%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-03-31, 02:16   Link #761
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
dragoons are called Fangs in this anime, I shouldve said Fangs.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 02:52   Link #762
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
horrible ending to a horrible second season.
what a let down after season 1 i had some hopes.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 03:10   Link #763
Hellbore

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
Care to expound on your criticisms?

On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
Hellbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 03:20   Link #764
vektar

Send a message via AIM to vektar
Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
i didnt think the ending was horrible i like the exia fight, but i do agree that the 2nd season wasn't as good as the first.
Old 2009-03-31, 03:28   Link #765
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

10/10

I didn't wrong about ribbons, he's really awesome in the finale!

battle between him and setsuna become the main point in this episode and also one of my favourite anime battle (or maybe my favourite? could be)

00 vs reborns and then exia vs 0? pure epic! ^^
makes me want to buy the model kits, especially 00 Raiser and Reborns Gundam (and maybe exia R2 too )

Anyway, nice ending to a nice 2nd season.
and for the time being bye2 my favourite gundam series. have to wait patiently for the movie next year...
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 03:35   Link #766
Akari Misaki

epic final episode!
00 vs reborn (and of course exia vs 0) was really epic battle!
dont forget 1 second trans-am lockon and halle finally kill hiling for good
Akari Misaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 03:57   Link #767
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbore View Post
Care to expound on your criticisms?
I will also invite you to share with us your reasons D a m i e n.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 04:42   Link #768
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I loved how Celestial Being is still in operation. A bit of a stark contrast from end of Wing where they decide to give up war, live peacefully ever after, and to top it off, THROW THE GUNDAMS INTO THE SUN. . At least this time around, it's a lot more realistic.

I just didn't like how the last 5 or 6 episodes were continuous, token, cliche vengeance stories though. They could've done things less conventionally like they were doing in the earlier parts of the season.

That said, I think I can say without a SHADOW OF A DOUBT that the 00 seasons had some of the most insane, adrenaline-filled, extremely well choreographed mecha fights I've ever seen. And obviously in the Gundam shows, easily some of the best Gundam fights, EVER. Of course, every Gundam show has "that fight" in them. They weren't particularly well animated or choreographed, but they had them. Like Shinn vs Kira in Seed Destiny, Char vs Amuro, Zechs vs Heero, Loran vs Ord, Ball vs Zaku, etc. But this show just simply had it the most flashiest and just amped by the music a lot too boot. That helped its cause a lot IMO.

As for Ribbons in particular, though he could've followed on his grand promises a bit better, I just loved the original Amuro seiyuu getting into the old Gundam. That, you gotta admit, was pretty epic. Traditional Samurai-showdown type ending, but at least it looked really pretty and to top it off, it's a nice nostalgic baton touch. A newage Gundam and the oldage Gundam, changing the guard. That felt somewhat significant in the Gundam canon, IMO.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 04:52   Link #769
Charred Knight

The changing of the guard was more with Gundam Seed Destiny, Gundam 00 merely followed GSD's lead.

I think THAT Blog put it best when it proclaimed that Gundam was now in the Era of the Jesuses.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 08:42   Link #770
kakakka

It was always been an anime with protagonists pulling miracles.
At least, from those Gundams that I already watched (old and new)
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 09:15   Link #771
Alexus_Z3
new to gunpla

wow and just wow I never seen final fight this awesome before

especially O Gundam vs Exia R2 I just can't take that scene from my head. Somehow I feel alot of symbolic moment in it.

Like how they end it with Letter from Marina to setsuna. (hope he receive it)

this series bring back my interest to gundam at full force. Happy to know that it's not over yet (well the previous one just not that good ). Though kind of sad I have to wait until 2010 for it. This series manage to stir up alot emotion in me. I love it. I hope they make more continuation of it.
Alexus_Z3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 09:19   Link #772
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
The changing of the guard was more with Gundam Seed Destiny, Gundam 00 merely followed GSD's lead.

I think THAT Blog put it best when it proclaimed that Gundam was now in the Era of the Jesuses.
THAT anime blog is basically an ALAWS fanfic site, who’s more concerned with imaginary Soma x Louise pairings and fapping off to Patrick x Katie developments then ever examining the actual episodes in-depth….God the saps there used to talk more about Lindt in the episode reviews than the Gundam Meisters….Dude you’re credibility is certainly in question using them as an example, but pretend sophisticated minds will give a damn about that hack site…
Old 2009-03-31, 09:39   Link #773
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va

Why didnt the mass amount of Innovades appear before the end of epi 25? Previously were they under Ribbons' command?I rmb reading about having millions of them but still not quite sure,
KaiDamien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 09:55   Link #774
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypocaramel View Post
Hard to say really. He was just taking a hike with Marie, could have been a day trip while Ian's patching up the wrecked Arios.
I was discussing with a friend of mine why Allelujah left CB. We decided with a joke. This is just a joke. We started from why Sumeragi decided to send out R2. She must had predicted 00 Gundam demise. R2 is in fact Exia. CB not only kept 0 Gundam, they kept Exia as well. We suspected they have another Gundam (minus the GN drive or solar furnace) on board and that one didn't get thrashed fully . Allelujah who wrecked his Arios, was 'fired' from CB and they don't have the resource due to 'economic recession' to build a new Gundam for him and they did not have a spare Gundam suitable for his use during emergency. So does Tieria, he is just 'lucky' for he got a 'new job' inside VEDA. Besides, they had enough staff on the bridge. Setsuna even had to stand on the bridge. Lyle wasn't 'retrenched' all thanks to his 'back-up' (That particular Gundam which-we-know-which we suspected which was left unused on board).

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 09:56   Link #775
LordStrike
Gundam Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiDamien View Post
Why didnt the mass amount of Innovades appear before the end of epi 25? Previously were they under Ribbons' command?I rmb reading about having millions of them but still not quite sure,
there said to be just the eyes of veda some of them dont even know they are innovades
Old 2009-03-31, 10:02   Link #776
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post

Which was somewhat silly of him, as Gundam's been in the Era of the Jesuses since Gundam Wing, if not G Gundam.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 11:11   Link #777
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

I didn't even know those guys existed, but thanks for pointing out THAT anime blog. After reading their thoughts on 25, well I couldn't agree more with what was said in there.
Old 2009-03-31, 11:17   Link #778
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
That was not a very educated comment, imo, and totally baseless.

Fact is that Japan takes cues from a lot of European countries. However, Japan took many cues from Germany in terms of government and social services when Japan became a world power back in the late 19th century. For example, the Japanese constitution was based on the German constitution written in 1871.

Anyway, I do suggest you spend some time in Japan when given a chance, go visit some of the parks on people's day off, you might see something that will open your eyes.

- Tak
Maybe i'm wrong about the similarity between the anime and the german .
But i know that Japan likes USA and France too .
Well , maybe i'll travel to Japan but i don't care about the parks , or the similarity with other countries , i'll have a good time with my friends and visit the japan
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 13:17   Link #779
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
THAT anime blog is basically an ALAWS fanfic site, who’s more concerned with imaginary Soma x Louise pairings and fapping off to Patrick x Katie developments then ever examining the actual episodes in-depth….God the saps there used to talk more about Lindt in the episode reviews than the Gundam Meisters….Dude you’re credibility is certainly in question using them as an example, but pretend sophisticated minds will give a damn about that hack site…
I just used a line they said because I agree with it, while Gundam Wing may have started it, the recent Gundam Series have been ridiculous in how overpowered the main character are. The difference in ability between Setsuna and the rest of the Gundam Meisters is huge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
I didn't even know those guys existed, but thanks for pointing out THAT anime blog. After reading their thoughts on 25, well I couldn't agree more with what was said in there.
Kaioshin was the one who told me about them, though he hates them for being biased (which they are but they are also pretty fun to read)
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 13:34   Link #780
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Maybe i'm wrong about the similarity between the anime and the german .
But i know that Japan likes USA and France too .
*Shrug* Whatever, you are just completely misinformed.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote