Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2022-10-21, 07:12   Link #1901
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
So Persona 5 Royal just appeared with a price tag on non-PS platform...

It's $100 AUS...FOR A GAME OUT FOR 4 YEARS...

I am waiting until it hits $30 and I don't care how long it takes...

And the same for Persona 3 Portable...This is just utter greed...
Atlus makes great games, but they're one of the worst companies out there. Their fans are just cash cows to them. They can't even be bothered to do something as simple as save transfer. I remember complaining about that when P5R came out and people told me it may have been complicated because it had a lot of new features but P5R PS4 and P5R PS5 are literally the same game, with one being 4k30fps and the other 4k60fps. And of course they're charging full price for the upgrade (60€ here).

Thankfully, I haven't played P5R so I'm not too salty about that. I got it for 10€ and never touched it, I'll wait until the PS5 version hits the same price to finally play the definitive edition.

People complained a lot about The Last of Us part 1 being 80€ (myself included, which is why I haven't bought it), but at least it was an actual remake. Atlus is just doing lazy ports. I haven't checked but I bet the PS5 version doesn't even take advantage of the Dualsense.
Old 2022-10-21, 14:22   Link #1902
Twi

I played the original when it came out and was satisfied with that, so I never had a reason to get Royal.
Old 2022-10-21, 15:09   Link #1903
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Atlus makes great games, but they're one of the worst companies out there. Their fans are just cash cows to them. They can't even be bothered to do something as simple as save transfer. I remember complaining about that when P5R came out and people told me it may have been complicated because it had a lot of new features but P5R PS4 and P5R PS5 are literally the same game, with one being 4k30fps and the other 4k60fps. And of course they're charging full price for the upgrade (60€ here).
I'm not sure if Europe was spared but on 3DS in NA everybody knew about the "Atlus Tax" where they priced everything $10 USD higher than the average and which fanboys usually defended because eShop sales happened relatively quickly on Atlus games. Their DLC practices are still pretty egregious if Soul Hackers 2 is any indication, though I broke down and picked up the SH2 "Digital Deluxe" a couple months ago which I sort of regret. Its kind of entertaining but easy to forget about.

I was pretty satisfied with P5 vanilla so I don't know when I'll get around to Royal. I still haven't played through P4G and its been 10 years (and a pandemic) now.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-21, 18:44   Link #1904
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
=I was pretty satisfied with P5 vanilla so I don't know when I'll get around to Royal. I still haven't played through P4G and its been 10 years (and a pandemic) now.
I'm in the same boat. I want to play Royal because there's quite a bit of new content but I have to do everything from scratch and it's so damn long. And I hate watching other people play so Let's plays are out of the question.

I've reached a point where I'm wondering if I'm actually going to get P6 (whenever that will come out) on release as usual or just wait for the inevitable enhanced edition.
Old 2022-10-21, 21:36   Link #1905
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I've always waited for the final version. It's another tactic of Atlus I really don't like - that they essentially release the game twice and induce FOMO. Given the pandemic of incomplete games prematurely launched by AAA in recent years, I was immune to FOMO a long time ago. Having more important things you have to spend your money on also helps get that mentality. If I had to wait until well into the 2030s to play the full version of Persona 6, I have no issue whatsoever with that. There are plenty of other things to play/watch/read/do.
Old 2022-10-21, 22:06   Link #1906
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

I'm fine with P3P and P4G because it actually got significant improvement.
You can also feel its a real new stuffs, especially P4G where the dialogue for new contents were less stiff than the original.

Royal? Not so much.
Spoiler for Because:
Old 2022-12-13, 21:11   Link #1907
Shadow5YA

P3P and P4G will be priced at 1980 yen, meaning the MSRP will most likely be $20.

Source: https://twitter.com/p_kouhou/status/1602830739246137346

It makes sense given P4G isn't new, but given that even P3P will be that cheap at launch shows they're probably not putting much work into it aside from remastering it so that it works at modern HD resolutions.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-13, 22:23   Link #1908
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Sounds like P3P will launch at the upper end of my threshold, which works for me.
Old 2022-12-14, 15:27   Link #1909
Dextro
He Without a Title

I think I'll save my money on P3P. I already own the PSP version (and have tried the "HD" mod for it which works pretty decently). I'll wait for Atlus to show their hand about what they're working on next (and I'm pretty sure they're working on something Persona related)
Old 2022-12-14, 19:36   Link #1910
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

P3P is also a hard pass for me. P3 has my favorite story out of all the Personas, but to me the PSP version is too much of a downgrade compared to FES. And I don't give a damn about the female MC.
Old 2022-12-14, 23:00   Link #1911
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I think I'll save my money on P3P. I already own the PSP version (and have tried the "HD" mod for it which works pretty decently). I'll wait for Atlus to show their hand about what they're working on next (and I'm pretty sure they're working on something Persona related)
Project Re Fantasy is probably due before the next Persona... and Soul Hackers 2 was pretty mid so I'm not sure what to expect from the current Atlus.

I held out until 35-40% off for P5R but I'll probably get P3P day one, though I'm not expecting too much. I actually liked the VN style presentation and FeMC route was a lot of fun with some great tunes.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2022-12-15, 05:16   Link #1912
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Project Re Fantasy is probably due before the next Persona... and Soul Hackers 2 was pretty mid so I'm not sure what to expect from the current Atlus.
I can say with 90% confidence that you're right and we'll probably see Re Fantasy before the next Persona. I'm also pretty confident that we'll see something from the Persona franchise announced next year. I'll eat my hat if that doesn't happen
Old 2022-12-16, 09:30   Link #1913
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

So apparently the update to Persona 4 Golden is going to allow Quick Saves at any point, anywhere.

I mean, I achieve cleared it already but I can imagine a lot of people would be wondering why now, of all times, if they could have done it before.
Old 2022-12-16, 18:58   Link #1914
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Wait, Atlus is giving away an update for FREE?!?!?!

I'm sure they used the Steam version as the base for the PS5 and XBox versions. Atlus has probably gotten better with PC development too.
Old 2022-12-16, 19:14   Link #1915
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I am certainly amazed they didn't make PC players pay for it.
Old 2022-12-16, 21:19   Link #1916
Shadow5YA

Probably because their parent company, Sega, is doing most of the work porting and localizing Atlus games now.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-17, 03:44   Link #1917
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:

I'm sure they used the Steam version as the base for the PS5 and XBox versions. Atlus has probably gotten better with PC development too.
Quote:
I am certainly amazed they didn't make PC players pay for it.
I think they were more than content with what they got away with at P5R's release on Steam.
Old 2023-01-19, 06:08   Link #1918
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

So, is this thread okay to discuss Persona 3 Portable gameplay/questions in or only Persona 5 Royal? P3P released today at the promised $29.95 AUS so I went in on it.
Old 2023-01-19, 12:13   Link #1919
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

They didn't even release PS5 versions for P3P and P4G, only PS4 versions stuck at 1080p@60fps. You can bet your ass they're going to release the PS5 versions in a few months with no upgrade path and no way to transfer saves of course. Classic Atlus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
So, is this thread okay to discuss Persona 3 Portable gameplay/questions in or only Persona 5 Royal? P3P released today at the promised $29.95 AUS so I went in on it.
Sure, why not?
Old 2023-01-19, 13:39   Link #1920
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

This seems to have become the Persona general thread for now, at least until Persona 6 comes out. I was on the fence about getting P3P today or waiting but Fanatical had it for 12% off plus I had a 5% coupon so it ended up being $16.70 USD. I'm still waiting to see what the modders come up with before I play, especially since I went through FeMC route somewhat recently.
Quote:
You can bet your ass they're going to release the PS5 versions in a few months with no upgrade path and no way to transfer saves of course. Classic Atlus.
PS4 is probably as good as it gets unless PS6 breaks compatibility in the future or something. Speaking of updates, the P4G update for Steam actually went live as well with an 8 GB download. There might be some reencoded video but I think its mostly QoL changes (like quicksave) and optimizations.

Tags
persona 5, ps3, shin megami tensei