AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2022-04-24, 06:35   Link #4261
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Really? Last time I saw most of it not much different compare to Kanojo Okarishimasu fanbase.
Anyone who not wrote Miyuki (or male MC of KanoKari) is cool or Kaguya (or female MC of KanoKari) is awesome as summary of their readings, such as questioning quality decline on writings are treated like they're bashing or, well, haters; come with good amount of downvotes too.

Here is some samples were taken from that discussion thread:

Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-24, 08:43   Link #4262
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

"this arc has been shit, I want more shit(Ishimiko) instead"
Old 2022-04-24, 11:00   Link #4263
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
"this arc has been shit, I want more shit(Ishimiko) instead"
To be fair, Ishigami new harem member + possible recruitment to U-17 Japan soccer team sounds more interesting to read.

Old 2022-04-24, 12:01   Link #4264
AP24

Found some spoiler pics

Spoiler for 261:
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-25, 04:55   Link #4265
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

^wtf seriously?
Old 2022-04-25, 07:02   Link #4266
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I caught up with recent chapter
I am actually quite satisfied. They solved the issue in the most student and teenager way.
I could imagine people get disappointed probably because Miyuki is not as smart as expected (even got outshined by Shijo) and Shinomiya family is way weaker than expected.
So it is kinda underwhelming.

But I'm still happy because I'll hate it more if they extended the arc further. This manga, for me personally, has ended after that clocktower confession scene after all.
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-25, 12:36   Link #4267
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Here is some samples were taken from that discussion thread:

Those are not from the Kaguya reddit, though. There the chapter discussion thread is about 95% positive.
Old 2022-04-25, 13:59   Link #4268
Shadow5YA

I dunno, I don't like this arc either, but I'm not going to a niche thread from a Western forum and somehow claim this is representative of the overall fanbase of a Japanese manga series. Let's not forget that neither the people on reddit nor we are reading this series legally through Young Jump.
How about we stick to speaking for ourselves instead of trying to use anecdotal evidence to validate our own opinions?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-25, 16:32   Link #4269
WingedAccelerator

Spoiler for Chapter 261:
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-27, 09:05   Link #4270
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Setting aside all the stuff from before, despite the fact that the author didn't do the best of jobs writing the get-together, I would have to strongly object to claims that any time spent on that pair is "wasted".
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-27, 16:26   Link #4271
WingedAccelerator

They had enough of a run. Unfortunately, it's clear or was clear that they were the number one padding mechanism. Put Kaguya and Miyuki on cooldown, do something with Ishigami and Iino. But what a surprise that their "progress" always gets frozen and they act like nothing significant has happened between them afterwards. Somehow months later I'm supposed to care that they almost kissed, neither of them brought it up, neither of them acted weird, but if Aka decides to waste time on them again, this is the point where they "respawn". I would be more than glad to accept an open ending with them, just not their usual handling.
Old 2022-04-27, 21:16   Link #4272
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Is that so much different from the things you'd long said about the series as a whole?

I don't really feel like they were "padding". They're still major characters, and concluding their stories is still important, regardless of how they conclude. There's been plenty here in general that goes nowhere or just delays things, but while I agree that this was not as well put together as I'd hoped I don't really feel that this side is any more possessed of such material than any other portion.

I kind of understand where you're coming from. I dislike how things have been on this thread for a while, but I understand that it's no longer as satisfying to read for you and others as it once was. I just don't see that pair's story as such a waste of time, any more than any other part.

All that said, I too would be fine with a fairly open end there. The two don't need to kiss or start dating or anything. They've established the pair's interest and their dynamic, so it'd be fine to leave it with some hints along the lines of "they probably will". If anything, the one thing I still want is a bit of a better conclusion to Kyouko's part. I've said it before in other series, but I don't like it when characters that hate and persecute someone on account of a misunderstanding, or just speak ill of someone who doesn't deserve it, never actually express remorse or truly and clearly learn the truth. I'm not looking for much. Maybe something like having Ishigami near the end come to school on Valentine's Day and find a box in his shoe locker. Inside could be a note, telling him that she figured out the truth or dragged it from someone, thanking him for fighting so hard for her sake but saying she's glad to know.
Old 2022-04-28, 05:07   Link #4273
WingedAccelerator

Probably ever since Miyuki started bonding with Iino, the progress of Ishigami and Iino as potential future couple was majorly the result of other characters pushing them, forcing them together or meddling in. We had this discussion before.

This time, Ishigami just had to make a comment about wanting to be the prince to someone, while Hayasaka holds the tablet with Iino nodding that girls sometimes also want to be princesses or something like that. Don't let me get started on how Ishigami's statement holds no value considering his protective knight fetish, but Hayasaka somehow felt the need to finish the sentence with clearly hinting that there is someone who appreciates such things and want to be on the receiving end.

Whatever Aka does with them, just spare me from other characters guiding them even the slightest, because I'm sick and tired of it.
Old 2022-04-28, 12:52   Link #4274
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Yes, we have had this discussion before. And as I'd said before, I disagree and see a lot of things differently than you. You make it sound like he was forced to do things when really it felt to me that he was informed or asked, and his own will made him take action.

But then, all of our views are just as valid if you ask me. We're all biased. Not because of any shipping matters, but because we're human. It's like I've said before, your opinion on something can have a huge impact on how you see things as well as how much you see. I've seen all kinds of ridiculous takes on stories that make me wonder if people were reading the same thing, and I've also come across a number, even by professional critics who claim to give an unbiased analysis, that complain about holes that didn't actually exist or parts that weren't actually in the story, or character backstories that are completely different from what was in the work and could only have come from the critic's imagination. And this goes for everyone, myself included. Our emotions about things always impact our "objective" judgments. That's why I can't say your opinion is completely invalid, or that mine is completely valid, only that I strongly disagree with it and in particular don't feel that, regardless of how it goes, the conclusion of an established arc for two major character is a "waste".
Old 2022-04-28, 18:10   Link #4275
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Shirogane implying everything went exactly as Kaguya had planned is a bit much. She couldn't have predicted how her family would act, especially not the father she barely knows.
Old 2022-04-28, 18:52   Link #4276
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Maybe. But acknowledging that she’d indeed left that “elixir” as a message to come for her was good in my opinion, and again a nod to the moon viewing chapter.

Also, Accelerator, were you trying to imply that Hayasaka’s line was meant to “push” Ishigami again? That was obviously meant to tease him. Not to mention she didn’t finish his statement, she just responded.
Old 2022-04-28, 21:05   Link #4277
Sixth
Hu Tao

I know that this chapter is supposed to be romantic but instead, all i felt when reading it was cringe and i didn't included the physics....yet.

What a terrible and weak final arc.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-28, 22:35   Link #4278
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

It problematic honestly.

Miyuki got all of this planned? This boy who back then said to Hayasaka that he honestly didn't know what to do?
Kaguya see it coming, up to Ganan response? This girl who previously cried and sit still until she realized the door is not locked? Also father who previously Miyuki boldly claimed to never present for her?

What's up with necessity to make 'everything worked according to keikaku'?
Do you still need to ask 'please going out with me' after months tried to keep your relationship a secret?
Is there any need to remark protective knight while looking at Ishigami and Iino again as if its one of author to-do checklist since Ishigami Bowl over?

Oko really the biggest victim of this arc. Started as someone cares about clan to the point he resorted to forced marriage, come out as cartoon villain thirst for inheritance. Now hammered by 'according to keikaku' as if treated like that is not enough.

When I saw spoiler, I thought Papagane will be the worst part of this chapter, turned out he's the best part of it.

Old 2022-04-29, 02:49   Link #4279
WingedAccelerator

I also frowned when suddenly Kaguya planned everything as if she was testing Miyuki and truly wanted to believe he would go this far to save her? What? It doesn't make sense. There were straight up parts where luck helped her and otherwise she wouldn't even know they are searching for the will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Also, Accelerator, were you trying to imply that Hayasaka’s line was meant to “push” Ishigami again? That was obviously meant to tease him. Not to mention she didn’t finish his statement, she just responded.
It could be called with different terms, but it's obviously meant to "take a hint" (already). Which is in the same league what Onodera did when smacking him. The whole thing wouldn't mean much if wasn't for Iino specifically shown through the tablet during the response.
Old 2022-04-29, 09:36   Link #4280
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

I might be wrong but I recall someone said right when this arc started that at some point Aka was going to say Kaguya planned everything and was just pretending to be useless...

Tags
character derailment, coming of age, desconstruction, genre shift, love triangle, memeguya, no longer our guy, quality decline, romcom, school life