AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 60 41.10%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 23.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 21.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 10.96%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.05%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.68%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-12, 00:41   Link #61
Lukix
. . .

I liked the part when Hinata yelled for Yuri and talked to her, damn, it's still hope for Hinata x Yuri supporters? ; d
Old 2010-06-12, 00:44   Link #62
elroid

Where did matushita 5th dan went? Did he get done in too or he was actually one of the culprit?
Old 2010-06-12, 00:46   Link #63
Zanibas

You know, although a 2nd season is unlikely, does anyone remember the "another world" episodes for Clannad? Could easily happen here to cover the rest of the character's regrets.

But then again, that's more wishful thinking
Old 2010-06-12, 00:46   Link #64
Primary Consult

Had to give this a 10...
+Fight scene
+Yuri insight was completely in character, she has shown a few times to be selective about what she reveals to the group... with possible exception for Yusa. She seems to enjoy staying a few steps ahead of the class, perhaps to prevent them from acting unpredictably and screwing up things like her covert-ops move at the end...

-Otonoashi really should have figured out Kanade's status by now...

Computer hacking doesn't seem like Chaa's style, so I doubt it's him.

I doubt there would be a second season but it would be awesome if it were given a Kanon-style opportunity to be re-told with a longer run...
Or, if it was fleshed out into a full game.
Old 2010-06-12, 00:49   Link #65
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by elroid View Post
Where did matushita 5th dan went? Did he get done in too or he was actually one of the culprit?
Maybe he will be the one to save Yurippe out of trouble next episode since he seems like a hidden trump card. Matushita 5th dan does not seem like the type to betray his comrades. Who knows maybe it was Kanade evil friend that is pulling the strings since she still seem distant.

I have to admit this episode still entertains me even though they are moving fast pace. I like how Yurippe took more the leadership role again and let everything out in the open for her followers to decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
Had to give this a 10...
+Fight scene
+Yuri insight was completely in character, she has shown a few times to be selective about what she reveals to the group... with possible exception for Yusa. She seems to enjoy staying a few steps ahead of the class, perhaps to prevent them from acting unpredictably and screwing up things like her covert-ops move at the end...

-Otonoashi really should have figured out Kanade's status by now...

Computer hacking doesn't seem like Chaa's style, so I doubt it's him.

I doubt there would be a second season but it would be awesome if it were given a Kanon-style opportunity to be re-told with a longer run...
Or, if it was fleshed out into a full game.
I doubt it is his style too since he is the weapon making type of person.
Old 2010-06-12, 00:57   Link #66
farios

Great episode!

-More Yuri and less Angel(sorry but you gotta admit she's been stealing Yuri's spotlight too much)
-They finally get rid of Takamatsu!
-TK sure is badass this time
-Do i hear Akira Ishida in the preview?
-Otonashi haven't realized Angel's true identity after all this time...

I'm calling it in the end everyone disappears

Last edited by farios; 2010-06-12 at 01:11.
Old 2010-06-12, 01:03   Link #67
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

A thoroughly enjoyable episode. I'm enjoying the overall feel and twists in the series, and despite my opinion that the cast is too big for this many episodes they've managed to at least make the characters with screen time interesting (yes, even TK has his moments....sometimes).

I also like that every theory I've had was thrown out with this new "boss" and Yuri's acceptance of Otonashi's plan to help everyone move on. I honestly don't know what to think now, and that's actually really nice. Because it's difficult to predict how all of this will end, it makes me even more excited to see how things will turn out.

Still, I get the feeling the ending will feel rushed. Somehow that doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would.
Old 2010-06-12, 01:03   Link #68
raruku

2 more Ep. !

I wish Yuri solve everything in the next Ep. so we can enjoy watching the last conclusion with 1 full Ep. lenght !!!
Old 2010-06-12, 01:06   Link #69
skyy54264

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanibas View Post
You know, although a 2nd season is unlikely, does anyone remember the "another world" episodes for Clannad? Could easily happen here to cover the rest of the character's regrets.

But then again, that's more wishful thinking
I'm more inclined to believe KEY will pull a Kanon and remake it later with 26 episodes... but that's also wishful thinking.

I hate how they trashed Kanade aside these last two episodes. Episode 9 really made her look like an Angel. She dedicated her life (time) to fulfilling other people's wishes and regrets to help them move on in life. You can really see why she's given the title Angel. Yet these two pass episodes, she's demoted to a puppy following Otonashi's whacked out plans and Yuri's orders without question. Even Yuri admits Kanade's only use is combat.
Old 2010-06-12, 01:18   Link #70
Ezilled

In preparation before the climax or the finale, I must say that this turned out to be great as expected. Yuri was truly a remarkable leader as she gave her division to choose or act freely, and she even knew what exactly Otonashi was doing the whole time. More importantly, how the hell he wasn't sure about Kanade being a human all along or in the mid-way point? Stepping aside, I was melted and smiled when Otonashi petted Kanade, and the mini-tribute to Yui and Iwasawa from the GirlsDemo.

It looks like they're back AGAIN for the third time in the guild's hideout, and it should be expected that the side characters will do their part to be heroic and die/disappear/stunned for a few minutes to give the key characters their battle against the culprit. As for the mastermind behind prior to the events, it seems it'll be another person who knows the guild passage and perhaps the secrets of the afterlife world judging from Akira Ishida (VA: Kaworu, Nagi, Fate Averruncus). It's kinda weird and intruiging at the same time that his line was only in the c 217, so I'm guessing that the proceeding lines are somewhat delicate and spoilerific.

Thus, I'm ready to face the 'end-game' atmosphere from the show which has been kept me glued and intrigued from the beginning. Don't let me disappointed, Maeda-kun.
Old 2010-06-12, 01:26   Link #71
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
In Episode 5 I believe was when they knew that she was human. In other words, they forgot about that.

Yusa, 5th dan, some new enemy or Kanade's twin sister

TK has made the episode good. Dancing in the shadow~

Naoi's hypnotism changes again...

@Hinata (Episode 7): Now, you will realize the greatness of clothespins, and in comparison, your worthlessness and despair.
Hinata: A clothespin... You pin it... You pin it and it doesn't fall... The laundry doesn't get dirty! So beautiful! You can use it instead of a paper clip or just about anything else! I'm nothing compared to it! I'm so worthless! There's no hope for me at all! ToT OTL

@Oyama (Episode 8): Now realize. You are a clown. Look. There's a lonely looking girl there in the dark over there.
Oyama: Oh no, that's true! Let me make you laugh- *STAB*
Hinata: Oyama!!!!
Otanoshi: You're horrible.
At 5:12/5:13

@Hinata (Episode 11): Now, look into my eyes. You are a toilet paper. You will realize the splendor on how easy toilet paper is flushed- *this broadcast has been interrupted by Otanoshi*
At 2:33

Last edited by bhl88; 2010-06-12 at 02:10.
Old 2010-06-12, 01:35   Link #72
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

The pace is getting messy again after some episode getting neat, and that the only one things I'm enjoyed from the recent few episode.

No matter how I see it, the writing is very bad.. I don't think I "watch" anything writted by Maeda after this
Old 2010-06-12, 01:45   Link #73
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

Great episode, it's not surprising that Yuri knows what Otonashi and the others have been doing. She really has great leadership skills despite being similar to a dictator, I admire Yuri for that. I laughed hard at Naoi's explanations during the meeting, and Tenshi's wings are awesome.
Old 2010-06-12, 02:01   Link #74
tsunade666

The episode is good and I have nothing to say but it's looks all patch up for it to meet 12/13 episode ending but still it's good. I still give it 10/10 but something doesn't feel right for me.
Old 2010-06-12, 02:03   Link #75
iceyfw

angel beats still entertaining me from the start till the end. i gotta say it does suck angel beats is a multimedia project to begin with. i'm sure it could have been 26 episodes or more if it wasn't for that.

and i noticed the 5th dan guy missing too. it's like he got completely ignored this episode or there might be something else going on with him
Old 2010-06-12, 02:11   Link #76
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonhym View Post
I laughed hard at Naoi's explanations during the meeting
Spoiler for Hinata - "Idiot":

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-06-12, 02:11   Link #77
tsunade666

completely ignored? I haven't even see him at all. While they even had the time to show 4 eyes turning npc but still TK is the man.
Old 2010-06-12, 02:26   Link #78
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirusRiddler View Post
First of all, it is REALLY weird watching Angel Beats after Evangelion. It's like Naoi is over-compensating for his life as clinically depressed and EVA pilot Shinji.

They have the same voice actors...just in case no one caught that.

Also, vibes of LOST again. First, the doctor hero leader. Then a paraplegic who walks. And now a HATCH. I find that pretty funny.

This episode was just one big tease. I really can't wait to see how this all concludes. Let the mass disappearing begin...
Oh my god you're right It looks official that this anime is also taking the Zegapain route now.
Old 2010-06-12, 02:29   Link #79
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
completely ignored? I haven't even see him at all. While they even had the time to show 4 eyes turning npc but still TK is the man.
yes, that is what i mean by completely ignored this episode.

granted they didn't show him the past 2 weeks, but not to show him on the soccer field fighting the shadows, during the ED song, or even when they're having a group discussion in the gym is very suspicious. the last time we see him is guarding the door with TK in episode 9 where kaede was sleeping. i even double-checked the scene in the gym and they didn't even bother to put him there where we can clearly tell it's him.

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/9...ts110bb140.jpg
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/9...ts110bb140.jpg
http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/4...s110bb140p.jpg
Old 2010-06-12, 02:58   Link #80
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I don't think Takeyama's the culprit. It's definitely an entirely different character.
Besides, all Takeyama wanted is to blog and for someone to call him Chri-
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Closed Thread