AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2012-06-13, 11:13   Link #61
Vongola Zero

so the best persona game ( my opinion that is ) will have a movie can't wait to see the movie especially the scene when MC Or minato summon his own persona orpehus and it's suddenly transform into Bringer Of The Death Thanatos
Old 2012-06-17, 08:30   Link #62
OPN

Loved P3P when i played it a year ago so im highly looking forward to this. While i would of prefered a TV adaption i think this can work out quite well if its a movie series with 3 parts like the mardock scramble films. My main concern is what their going to cut and not though only 1 social link is technichally canon so they shouldn't have a problem skipping over most of them.
OPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 08:43   Link #63
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Errr...a single movie? How? Need more info!
Old 2012-06-24, 04:18   Link #64
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Single movie? Lolz. The best of the Persona franchise gets shafted . Grim dark atmosphere, better plot and we had one "potentially" annoying character (Yukari) compared to the 3 in Persona 4 (Rise, Chie, Ted). It made up for the primary criticism of "Tartarus" grinding that a good half of Persona 3 was involved in.

Ah well, should be thankful we are getting one, even though it's most likely gonna suck. Persona 4 had 2 seasons... and that sucked bad.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 12:58   Link #65
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Why a movie adaptation? It's gonna be like Unlimited Blade Works. Give it the Persona 4 treatment and give it the full series adaptation.

However, this does leave optimistic for other Persona series to be adapted. Now if only I could get a Digital Devil Saga adaptation.
KleenexGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 14:45   Link #66
Accelolita_

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
Single movie? Lolz. The best of the Persona franchise gets shafted . Grim dark atmosphere, better plot and we had one "potentially" annoying character (Yukari) compared to the 3 in Persona 4 (Rise, Chie, Ted). It made up for the primary criticism of "Tartarus" grinding that a good half of Persona 3 was involved in.

Ah well, should be thankful we are getting one, even though it's most likely gonna suck. Persona 4 had 2 seasons... and that sucked bad.
Haha, only one character in P3?
Yukari was only one of so many. In P3 it's easier to ask me what character I like as there're so many I really dislike (and I seriously hate Yukari). P4 is the total opposite where it's easier to ask me which character I dislike as it's only Ai and Yumi-whatever that were annoying lol

But well, that's not the topic.
I wonder how they're going to do the thing with the movie. Maybe I'll watch it, depends on how much Ryouji is in~
Accelolita_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 15:18   Link #67
Doria

I honestly really think that it's possible to do a credible movie version of P3, but to do so would entail massive cuts unlikely to please the people most likely to watch it in the first place. It's tough... But I mean, just cutting out the full moon/Arcana stuff--while it removes a lot of the fun *of the game* and the tension--shortens the timeline, at least, considerably.

As someone else mentioned, if you did that, then you don't need to represent every single Arcana (or at least, not every one that's represented in the game), and you could stick with the best and/or most important battles for the overarching plot.

It's true that I became... uh, excessively attached to the characters during my (estimated) 400 total hours (among all versions) of game play, but realistically and objectively, I cannot say that everyone's backstory was equally interesting. With that in mind, I think you can easily pare down the ones that aren't plot-specific (I don't think Juunpei's was, was it? It's been a while; obviously, he has an important relationship during the game that shouldn't be cut).

Akahito/Ken/Mitsuru share a backstory that is a main plot line, so will be covered anyway.

Mitsuru/Yukari share a backstory that can be gestured at during the vacation sequence (necessary as mentioned for Aegis, and during which you can cover her story, as well).

Do I think it will actually be phenomenally great as a movie per se? Not especially, but it can still be enjoyable. I'd obviously prefer to get a full series, but I'll take what I can get. I enjoyed Unlimited Bladeworks just fine, as did my roommate who hasn't played the game/read the FZ novels.

Although... I shall miss my MC, who was, I believe, named Barko-san for reasons that now totally escape me. I think on NG+, he gradated to Barko-sama.
Doria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 02:07   Link #68
Spica

Imo, I personally prefer P3 over p4....
I don't think they could fit everything into a movie even if they do make it like 2:30hour like haruhi movie....
I am sad that i won;t be seeing P3 like P4 animation but happy cos i will at least be seeing it as an animation...
...hopefully the make movie series

There is still Episode Aegis from FES...think that one is going to be ignored?
Spica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 10:53   Link #69
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Persona 3 Movie's Official Website is UP!
Old 2012-07-03, 11:13   Link #70
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Can you link to the official site? God I love that design.
Old 2012-07-03, 11:22   Link #71
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

here
http://www.p3m.jp/
Old 2012-07-03, 11:27   Link #72
OPN

Judging by the timer i'm guessing we will find out more news at around 12 a clock mid night. Guessing that its the same staff from the P4 anime judging by the design for minato...or whatever his name was in the drama CD.
Old 2012-07-03, 13:25   Link #73
konart

^Mine shows 3:25 now, so I guess it is now a timer, but rather a clock, lol
Old 2012-07-03, 13:39   Link #74
OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
^Mine shows 3:25 now, so I guess it is now a timer, but rather a clock, lol
Yeah it just fits way to well for them to open the site up at midnight since its when the dark hour starts .
Old 2012-07-03, 14:58   Link #75
tsunade666

4:55..... their isn't anything there at all and I'm not sure but maybe it different timeline or something but that time has an added hour too it (from my time and I'm not sure if japan is the same time as my country but I'm aligned to hongkong on time)which reminds me that the hidden hour in the dark hour time. The time on my country is around 3:58.
Old 2012-07-03, 15:02   Link #76
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
4:55..... their isn't anything there at all and I'm not sure but maybe it different timeline or something but that time has an added hour too it (from my time and I'm not sure if japan is the same time as my country but I'm aligned to hongkong on time)which reminds me that the hidden hour in the dark hour time. The time on my country is around 3:58.
It shows JST time(UTC+9) while hongkong is UTC+8
Old 2012-07-03, 15:49   Link #77
Miraluka
Banned

Some details will b revealed at 24:00. Midnight.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 02:54   Link #78
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Besides this movie and the non-canon anime.

When will they do a Catherine movie?
Old 2012-07-04, 03:10   Link #79
Domonkazu

I liked P3 better than P4
Domonkazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 09:55   Link #80
OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Besides this movie and the non-canon anime.

When will they do a Catherine movie?
Theres a higher chance of them doing a P2 and P1 anime then them doing a catherine anime.
edit: Also the time reset.