AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-06-15, 10:19   Link #30021
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
Interesting. I didn't even know about this striker pack yet.
It looks cool but I am not sure if this thing is gonna make me buy the new Strike Rouge.
i didn't know this one either, never saw it.
Must be brand new then!

if bandai keeps this up i'll have 10 MG strikes
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 10:38   Link #30022
Knight-of-Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
yen price does not seems to include the Aile Pack, if included, price probably be shoot up to ard 6000yen+
It does include the Phoenix pack, normal Strike RM kit retails at 4200 yen and includes an aile pack and a large display base.
Knight-of-Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 10:55   Link #30023
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight-of-Gold View Post
It does include the Phoenix pack, normal Strike RM kit retails at 4200 yen and includes an aile pack and a large display base.
You are just rephrasing my sentence. I get what you mean
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 14:34   Link #30024
Knight-of-Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
You are just rephrasing my sentence. I get what you mean
Woops, sorry. I thought you were referring to the Phoenix pack as the aile pack.
I dont think Bandai will market any aile pack with this. According to some sites the strike rouge will only use the phoenix pack in the RM anime.
Knight-of-Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 21:12   Link #30025
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

You know what? Since I have no MG Strike Rouge yet, I plan on buying both the old and new MG Rouge as well as MG Strike IWSP. I think I’ll put the Aile Pack (from old MG Rouge) on Rouge RM, then put the IWSP on old MG Rouge. The Ootori pack can go to MG Strike since the white and yellow colors really don’t compliment the all-red & pink Rouge, but match more with Strike’s color (canon story be damned).
Old 2013-06-16, 06:26   Link #30026
RobotCat
In a Box

I'm looking to get a NZ-666. After googling I bit I found that the only 'official' NZ-666 from bandai is only the 1/144th? There's a 1/100th resin kit based on a scratch build that someone made but no MG model from Bandai yet. There's also a 1/72 version at a whopping $715 which is a bit too much for me to spend unless I can find out a bit more about it.

Anyone know if a MG version of it will be released any time soon?
RobotCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 06:40   Link #30027
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ So far, there's no sign of Bandai will ever release MG NZ-666 at all. Considering the size of it, I doubt it will be released in the foreseeable future. Bandai might surprise us like how they released MG The-O which is pretty massive. Still, I won’t hold my breath if I were you.
Old 2013-06-16, 07:05   Link #30028
RobotCat
In a Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
^ So far, there's no sign of Bandai will ever release MG NZ-666 at all. Considering the size of it, I doubt it will be released in the foreseeable future. Bandai might surprise us like how they released MG The-O which is pretty massive. Still, I won’t hold my breath if I were you.
That's a shame. Do you have any info on the custom 1/100 NZ-666? Is it easy to build or is it like anime GK's where you need to use a lot of pins and what not to put together?

Edit: Any idea where I can get this? It should have been released and seems to be the best NZ-666 to get for a reasonable price:
http://www.speedylive.net/live/6tcm9...el-Kit-Preview

Last edited by RobotCat; 2013-06-16 at 07:35.
RobotCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 07:34   Link #30029
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotCat View Post
That's a shame. Do you have any info on the custom 1/100 NZ-666? Is it easy to build or is it like anime GK's where you need to use a lot of pins and what not to put together?
I’m not really that informed regarding 3rd-party kits like that. This review might help:
Spoiler for saving space:
Sorry if it's the wrong kit.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotCat View Post
Edit: Any idea where I can get this? It should have been released and seems to be the best NZ-666 to get for a reasonable price:
http://www.speedylive.net/live/6tcm9...el-Kit-Preview
In my country, I can easily find local on-line sellers who have it, but I don't know about the country where you live. My advice, if you’re looking for a good deal, then I suggest you try a local hobby-store near you first. If there’s none, try your local online-shops. You can try finding it through Facebook or other social sites. If all that doesn’t work, try importing it from trusted sites (google it hard).

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2013-06-16 at 08:38.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 10:18   Link #30030
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

My current WIP
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-06-16, 12:08   Link #30031
Butagami

is that the Jesta? What are you going to do with it?
Old 2013-06-16, 18:30   Link #30032
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butagami View Post
is that the Jesta? What are you going to do with it?
Yup, it's the Jesta. I'm just building the kit out-of-the-box with some painting here and there.
Old 2013-06-17, 10:49   Link #30033
Butagami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiu_fan View Post
Yup, it's the Jesta. I'm just building the kit out-of-the-box with some painting here and there.
I can always respect people who paint details on the frame, even though you can't see it under the armor
Old 2013-06-19, 17:55   Link #30034
Skye629

Ok the MG AGE-2 DB coming with the red binders from the Normal was unexpected, and quite nice too I may add

Though the lack of a red DODS Rifle is sad
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 17:56   Link #30035
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Ok the MG AGE-2 DB coming with the red binders from the Normal was unexpected, and quite nice too I may add

Though the lack of a red DODS Rifle is sad
The lack of the DODS isn't so bad. I think they included red binder pieces either from something to do with Memory of Eden or because it would've costed more to remove them from the plates.
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 00:37   Link #30036
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
The lack of the DODS isn't so bad. I think they included red binder pieces either from something to do with Memory of Eden or because it would've costed more to remove them from the plates.
Its highly likely that its not Memory of Eden, as all the promos we have seen so far have the DB in its normal configurations

Its probably they either could not cut them from the plates, or they wanted a further incentive to sell the kit (or both). Or maybe they were just too lazy

On a separate topic:

Can someone help? Im trying to remove seamlines from the HG Gouf Custom Im building, I used MR. HOBBY MR. CEMENT S (liquid cement) and applied it along the edges, then put the pieces together and squeezed for a few minutes. Then I applied a light coat of the cement to the outside along the seams. After 12 hours (basically slept on it) I took some sandpaper to it, but the seam line is still not gone, What am I doing wrong? (Its there, but way less visible then when I put together without glue, from a distance probably cant see it but up close, about 1 ft, its faintly noticeable)

Also from the videos/guides I have seen, when you push the pieces together the cement is supposed to come out along the seam, that was not the case for me, as I was not able to apply enough before they dried out (only had time to put 2-3 coats on each piece before putting them together and squeezing, otherwise the first part would have dried out)

Help?

And damn, these things smell nasty........
Old 2013-06-20, 03:02   Link #30037
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:
On a separate topic:

Can someone help? Im trying to remove seamlines from the HG Gouf Custom Im building, I used MR. HOBBY MR. CEMENT S (liquid cement) and applied it along the edges, then put the pieces together and squeezed for a few minutes. Then I applied a light coat of the cement to the outside along the seams. After 12 hours (basically slept on it) I took some sandpaper to it, but the seam line is still not gone, What am I doing wrong? (Its there, but way less visible then when I put together without glue, from a distance probably cant see it but up close, about 1 ft, its faintly noticeable)

Also from the videos/guides I have seen, when you push the pieces together the cement is supposed to come out along the seam, that was not the case for me, as I was not able to apply enough before they dried out (only had time to put 2-3 coats on each piece before putting them together and squeezing, otherwise the first part would have dried out)

Help?

And damn, these things smell nasty........
Are you going to paint it or not? If you are simplest solutions is to use putty. But if you're not going ro paint the kit, here's what I usually do:
First, I shave some same colored plastic from the sprue with a hobby knife. Then I apply some extra thin cement on the seams and then sprinkle the shavings. Add a few more drops of the thin cement on the shavings where the seams are located then press it down with old blade. Let it dry and cure up overnight then sand. If the seams still show, I would just repeat the process. I actually used this technique in my HGUC Stark Jegan in the previous page.

Hope this helps.
Old 2013-06-20, 04:01   Link #30038
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiu_fan View Post
Are you going to paint it or not? If you are simplest solutions is to use putty. But if you're not going ro paint the kit, here's what I usually do:
First, I shave some same colored plastic from the sprue with a hobby knife. Then I apply some extra thin cement on the seams and then sprinkle the shavings. Add a few more drops of the thin cement on the shavings where the seams are located then press it down with old blade. Let it dry and cure up overnight then sand. If the seams still show, I would just repeat the process. I actually used this technique in my HGUC Stark Jegan in the previous page.

Hope this helps.
I dont paint my kits (only paint touch ups and small color swaps)

Interesting, I might try this, first Im gonna try another coat or two on top of the seam lines, if that dont work Ill try out your advice, Thanks!
Old 2013-06-20, 05:57   Link #30039
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:
I dont paint my kits (only paint touch ups and small color swaps)

Interesting, I might try this, first Im gonna try another coat or two on top of the seam lines, if that dont work Ill try out your advice, Thanks!
I would also recommend using a nail buffer after sanding as it will greatly help in hiding scratches from the sanding process.
Old 2013-06-20, 14:01   Link #30040
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
Gundam Wing (anime) is apparently getting a BluRay remaster. Probably means more kits, right?
Probably a wing zero TV version and a normal color tallgeese, don't get to much hopes up.
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy