AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-13, 22:19   Link #26521
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Only been on a cruise with Holland America. Where it is one 'dam ship or another.
Old 2013-02-14, 05:08   Link #26522
Kyuu
=^^=

Take my word, I hate to bring up the gun issue. But here's another one, and it illustrates a very good point:

Accidental shootings happen more often than defense against home intrustion.

Quote:
Paralympian Oscar Pistorius was arrested on Thursday on suspicion of murder after the fatal shooting of a woman in his home.

According to Reuters, Pistorius is was questioned by police in Pretoria about the incident. Domestic media reports say the victim is Pistorius' girlfriend, though the woman's name has not yet been released by authorities.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2683388.html

And this case really really sucks -- because it's tragic beyond measure. On Valentine's Day too...

While many many claim guns are best used for self-defense -- the "accidental shooting" is more likely to happen.

And now...

Lethal use of force is authorized to law enforcement -- why? Because they're also trained to shoot with discretion. They have protocols on when and when not to use lethal force. Ordinary civilians do not, where it's often "shoot first, ask questions later". Therefore, at the end of the day, loved ones meant to be protected are at higher risk of getting killed. The supposed "intruder" ends up to be his girlfriend.

ISSUES ASIDE:

As a sports fan, I feel very very very bad for this guy -- after watching his story and race in the Olympics. Not only is his girlfriend gone now -- he has to go to trial for it. That's not just one life destroyed -- it's two.

Happy Valentine's Day.
Old 2013-02-14, 05:19   Link #26523
Xacual

Such a different news story from anything you'll see from the US.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/us-n...stopher-dorner

As someone who listened in to the scanner and things yesterday, I'll vouch for the authenticity of the videos.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2013-02-14, 05:23   Link #26524
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Take my word, I hate to bring up the gun issue.
Then don't? You want to talk about it here, ask the mod to reopen the gun debate thread, or else you're just gonna bring the never-ending arguments back in here again.
Old 2013-02-14, 05:31   Link #26525
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Such a different news story from anything you'll see from the US.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/us-n...stopher-dorner

As someone who listened in to the scanner and things yesterday, I'll vouch for the authenticity of the videos.
As for the Dorner story... I did read a news story featuring his claims. The things he was mad about. Most media simply labeled Dorner as some disgruntled former LAPD officer, who lashed out after being fired.

The LAPD corruption he talked about. If only only people were to catch LAPD committing some of their corrupt activities... among which police abuse on the homeless, etc.
Old 2013-02-14, 05:38   Link #26526
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
The LAPD corruption he talked about. If only only people were to catch LAPD committing some of their corrupt activities... among which police abuse on the homeless, etc.
The LAPD get caught all the time. They just never actually get punished for it. And of course the Media portrayed Dorner that way, it was in their own interests to do so.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2013-02-14, 05:55   Link #26527
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
And of course the Media portrayed Dorner that way, it was in their own interests to do so.
Yes, the media framed Dorner for the killings, it was actually the news crew that wrote the manifesto, hacked his facebook account to post it online, and then went out and killed those people, true story
Old 2013-02-14, 07:05   Link #26528
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

American Airlines, US Airways say plan $11 billion merger
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...91D0MF20130214
Old 2013-02-14, 09:30   Link #26529
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Yes, the media framed Dorner for the killings, it was actually the news crew that wrote the manifesto, hacked his facebook account to post it online, and then went out and killed those people, true story
My TLDR for this story, Dorner deserved no sympathy for his actions, but that's no excuse for the LAPD to not take a long, hard look at itself and clean up its act.
Old 2013-02-14, 10:11   Link #26530
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
American Airlines, US Airways say plan $11 billion merger
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...91D0MF20130214
Berkshire Hathaway, 3G Capital to buy Heinz for $23 billion cash

For those that are still not in, go on.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-02-14, 12:41   Link #26531
Xacual

Quote:
I don't see how I said that at all so stop trying to force this stupidity. The media wanted a story and they want to stay on the good side of law enforcement so they continue to receive information from them in the future. It's in their best interests as a corporation. So of course they're not going to release information that might make the cops look bad where possible.

That also doesn't stop the fact that all the US stations are releasing some bullshit story right now about how "no cops would intentionally start a fire." When it was heard quite plainly on the scanners the cops doing exactly that.

Old 2013-02-14, 13:01   Link #26532
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:

That also doesn't stop the fact that all the US stations are releasing some bullshit story right now about how "no cops would intentionally start a fire." When it was heard quite plainly on the scanners the cops doing exactly that.
Nature of the beast is how do you negotiate with a guy who is a cop-killer and certainly would have killed more if he found the opportunity? It was their decision to make at the scene VS. our own moral nitpicking when we are safely behind our computer screen in the safe confinement of our own home. I don't doubt for a second that the fire was started by these guys who are going to "smoke him out" one way or the other. I'm kind of torn between the relief I got when I learned he was gone and morally nitpicking at the same time to how it was accomplished.

This is not going to be end of the story that's for certain.
Old 2013-02-14, 13:10   Link #26533
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Nature of the beast is how do you negotiate with a guy who is a cop-killer and certainly would have killed more if he found the opportunity? It was their decision to make at the scene VS. our own moral nitpicking when we are safely behind our computer screen in the safe confinement of our own home. I don't doubt for a second that the fire was started by these guys who are going to "smoke him out" one way or the other. I'm kind of torn between the relief I got when I learned he was gone and morally nitpicking at the same time to how it was accomplished.

This is not going to be end of the story that's for certain.
I have no problems that they chose to kill him. I knew that was how it was going to go all along and he did kill people. I'm just angry over the cops lying again. Well the news is trying to sweep it all under the rug now too. They're calling the scanners and stuff faked now.

Old 2013-02-14, 13:12   Link #26534
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
I don't see how I said that at all so stop trying to force this stupidity. The media wanted a story and they want to stay on the good side of law enforcement so they continue to receive information from them in the future. It's in their best interests as a corporation. So of course they're not going to release information that might make the cops look bad where possible.
As if the media needed to drum up the story, Dorner did that for them all by himself. Besides, it'd be a bigger story/rating driver if there truly is a scandal here. Also, the idea that the media needs to "stay on the good side" of LE is laughable, the former having a hell of a lot more money and influence than the latter.

Most importantly, where are your evidences to back up your rather blatant conspiracy theory here?

Quote:
yea, because you're obviously familiar with LE slangs and nothing are ever taken out of context

And really, you're claiming that they're smart enough to orchestrate a public execution with a massive cover-up across multiple LE agencies with the eyes of the nation and the world on them, yet at the same time are not smart enough to realize it'd be a bad idea to shout out their plan over unsecured radio channel that they know everyone and their grandma can and are listening to?
Old 2013-02-14, 13:18   Link #26535
Xacual

Quote:
Most importantly, where are your evidences to back up your rather blatant conspiracy theory here?

yea, because you're obviously familiar with LE slangs and nothing are ever taken out of context
How about the fact that no US stations are reporting the truth and a station from the UK is? I really don't see how I'm doing anything conspiracy related here and I'm getting annoyed that you constantly are pushing that in my face.

Also it was quite clearly heard on the scanners a cop saying to "burn the motherfucker down" and other things as well. That's not slang for "tear gas" anymore.

Old 2013-02-14, 13:36   Link #26536
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
How about the fact that no US stations are reporting the truth and a station from the UK is? I really don't see how I'm doing anything conspiracy related here and I'm getting annoyed that you constantly are pushing that in my face.
Oh, I'd love to know how you determined that this particular blog on a news site is somehow more trustworthy than everyone else. Although having read through the article, I failed to see anything on there that isn't also available elsewhere, or that backs up your allegation of a cover up.

As for the conspiracy, just go back and and pretend for a moment that you don't hate cops, and reread what you've posted, Look at your allegations, and then look at what you have as supporting evidence, and ask yourself if it's enough to justify the ironclad tone you've taken with your allegations.

Quote:
Also it was quite clearly heard on the scanners a cop saying to "burn the motherfucker down" and other things as well. That's not slang for "tear gas" anymore.
Perhaps that's enough for you, but I've heard too much stuff that would be far worse when taken out of context, and if this is all you have to go on...
Old 2013-02-14, 13:51   Link #26537
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Honnestly, I think it would have been in everyone's interest if the FBI took charge of this instead of any local police unit considering the LAPD is under serious accusation here. When cops are involved in something very fishy such as this, I think the Feds should take over the situation.

Although not always perfect, I kinda like our system in which the RCMP mostly takes over the investigation when local cops are involved into any wrongdoing. The only drawback is that the RCMP sometimes doesn't have that extended reach the FBI has.
Old 2013-02-14, 13:52   Link #26538
Xacual

Quote:
As for the conspiracy, just go back and and pretend for a moment that you don't hate cops, and reread what you've posted, Look at your allegations, and then look at what you have as supporting evidence, and ask yourself if it's enough to justify the ironclad tone you've taken with your allegations.
I'm sorry, I said I would stop but this I had to comment on. I do not hate cops. My step-father was a cop. My great uncle was a cop. So please stop putting words in my mouth, I'm angry at how LE has handled this case that is it.

Old 2013-02-14, 14:03   Link #26539
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Waco would like a word with you.
Old 2013-02-14, 14:24   Link #26540
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
I'm sorry, I said I would stop but this I had to comment on. I do not hate cops. My step-father was a cop. My great uncle was a cop. So please stop putting words in my mouth, I'm angry at how LE has handled this case that is it.
Please don't be upset. It just shows how much of a fuck-up the human element can bring down the line. Who is right and who is wrong do not matter as of right now. What matters is what transpires from here on, and what kind of closure we will get from this movie-like sequence of events that brought down this giant mess. I've listened to both of those youtube link in that blog and I'm more confused by the 2nd video. That did not sound like a voice coming from a police scanner. It sounded like someone who is shouting and the iphone holder picked that up. That said when you put people in a very stressful situation, the responses vary regardless of what that person's profession is. Mind you the guy just killed one deputy and injured another one before being cornered into the cabin. Cops are people too even though we like to put them into a different standard!
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international