AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-19, 05:45   Link #721
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Now we're talking!! Fantastic episode, Umakoshi delivers again.

Regarding the next episode..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for 21:
Yeah, despite what the early spoilers said (not Hyoga or Ikki), i don't see how the description could apply to any Saint Seiya character that was not one of the main Bronze Saints.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 08:14   Link #722
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

The episodes by Umakoshi always have a very epic movie feeling and interesting uses of direction which makes the overall style really far removed from the other episodes in the series, in a sense I guess it was like the original Saint Seiya where only the episodes with Araki's art looks "good" and some where down right rubbish. Though I kinda wish they didn't go this far to pay respect to the original series by having this huge quality difference.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 10:09   Link #723
queenSwild

That episode was fantastic, I couldn't even understand what they were saying but even I was getting a little emotional at the end there... :P.. I can't wait to watch the subs.. People were going crazy over Umakoshi and now I know why. What other episodes has he directed?
queenSwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 10:17   Link #724
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

The preview showed Kouga
Spoiler:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 10:24   Link #725
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
The preview showed Kouga
Spoiler:
So far Koga is only with Yuna, which means Yuna did learn some ice tecnniques from Pablin. But given we won't see her teacher again, guess who is the ICE character of the series .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 11:45   Link #726
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenSwild View Post
That episode was fantastic, I couldn't even understand what they were saying but even I was getting a little emotional at the end there... :P.. I can't wait to watch the subs.. People were going crazy over Umakoshi and now I know why. What other episodes has he directed?
1, 10 (the ep where Kouga et all fought the Leo Gold Saint and Seiya came back to save Kouga from Mars) and 20. So pretty much all the climax episodes.

If this trend goes on that means episode 30 will be another climax episode by Umakoshi?
Old 2012-08-19, 11:51   Link #727
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Saint Seiya found it's animation budget again last week and now found it's direction again too. Very Cassherny episode as expected and looks like I might have been on the right track. The whole Martian family now comes off as more sympathetic, especially Sonia who you can see why Eden respects so much as she basically fought in his stead until he was ready to be the guy and came home battered and bruised. I'm also starting to think there's something more to the death of Soma's father that hasn't been unveiled yet. We see her standing over his body, but have yet to see any confirmation that she really killed him. Also she seemed surprised when confronted by Soma and that she only acted like she killed him in cold blood to throw him off.

What I don't get though is why Mars doesn't feel Athena and the current Saints are capable of protecting the world and that his more aggressive kingdom has to be the way to go. Would I have had to see Lost Canvas or the like to understand?

In any case they don't come off as entirely the bad guys anymore and I'd have to guess Mars is being manipulated by some other power that tempted him (probably directely related to that woman that's with him) and it has something to do with the meteorite. My guess is there's some third power trying to cause a civil war between the Saints and they plan to move in once one of the sides falls. Guess we'll see, but somehow I'm finding it less and less likely that Mars makes it past the first half of the show.

Also even more willing to bet the farm that Koga and Aria are siblings now. Both have the Light Element, both talk about how they never knew their parents, both seem drawn to one another by some unexplained bond. It's all but a given now as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2012-08-19 at 12:03.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 13:56   Link #728
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Also even more willing to bet the farm that Koga and Aria are siblings now. Both have the Light Element, both talk about how they never knew their parents, both seem drawn to one another by some unexplained bond. It's all but a given now as far as I'm concerned.
It's pretty much confirmed if you take into account all the flags they've set-up. It doesn't hurt that, going by the preview, they are going to start hinting at some sort of Kouga/Yuna couple...
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 14:00   Link #729
Tetsu Aero

lol don't you mean Eden and Aria being siblings?
Tetsu Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 14:19   Link #730
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu Aero View Post
lol don't you mean Eden and Aria being siblings?
No it's pretty clear they're not. Kouga and Aria on the other hand, there's a ton of foreshadowing hinting they're related.

Of course they could be trolling with us and it's all misdirection.
Old 2012-08-19, 14:19   Link #731
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
What I don't get though is why Mars doesn't feel Athena and the current Saints are capable of protecting the world and that his more aggressive kingdom has to be the way to go. Would I have had to see Lost Canvas or the like to understand?
Nah just standard villain talk where they perceive kindness to the weak and powerless as being a weakness that's all. I guess the only real issue you can take with Athena in every incarnation is that they are reactionary to the threat rather than proactive in preventing threats, Mars (as a god of war) is probably the cliche antagonist thinking about conquering every realm by force and then rule over it is the means to the end of achieving "peace" or something to that degree.
Old 2012-08-19, 14:21   Link #732
queenSwild

Other than Eden being protective of Aria there are no other hints of them being siblings. While Kouga and Aria have the same light cosmos and they both don't know their parents. The preview for this episode also hinted at them being siblings, what with the " Aria feels Athena's light in Kouga and Kouga feels Saori's kindness in Aria" line. But we won't know anything for sure until they actually confirm it.
queenSwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 11:42   Link #733
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Other than Eden being protective of Aria there are no other hints of them being siblings. While Kouga and Aria have the same light cosmos and they both don't know their parents. The preview for this episode also hinted at them being siblings, what with the " Aria feels Athena's light in Kouga and Kouga feels Saori's kindness in Aria" line. But we won't know anything for sure until they actually confirm it.
Actually I have a theory. You know how people are saying that Aria is actually Nike (Athena's staff)? Well what if Kouga is actually the dagger that Saga once used to kill Saori? It'll explain why during the commercial lead-ins there are two cloth stones, one light and one dark. It explains that Kouga hold both light and darkness towards Athena and it fits in perfectly to my theory that Kouga will become the Gemini Saint.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 12:33   Link #734
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
But 2 sibs don't have to have the same element. Ikki and Shun were sibs and pretty different.

If anything, the physical resemblance is with Eden and Aria. Sonia and Eden are step-sibs apparently (same dad, different moms). Pretty much pity Sonia now. She got wiped by Bronze Saints. She's prob going to be used by Mars and then discarded in the end for Eden.

Kouga and Aria could be resonating because of shared experiences/love at first sight. They could be 2 halves of something that when combined makes something whole or if you're into shipping, a "pre-couple" since their couple flags were waving this episode with all the first time she was happy was with Kouga, sacrificing herself to save Kouga, Kouga screaming in agony as she leaves. She even had the tears flowing as she left.

Even the second meeting on ep. 10 was prob the shonen equivalent of a shojo scene. He greated her on bended knee. Just substitute the aurora borealis like scene with bubbles.

Last edited by orion; 2012-08-20 at 12:52.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 14:00   Link #735
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But 2 sibs don't have to have the same element. Ikki and Shun were sibs and pretty different.

If anything, the physical resemblance is with Eden and Aria. Sonia and Eden are step-sibs apparently (same dad, different moms). Pretty much pity Sonia now. She got wiped by Bronze Saints. She's prob going to be used by Mars and then discarded in the end for Eden.

Kouga and Aria could be resonating because of shared experiences/love at first sight. They could be 2 halves of something that when combined makes something whole or if you're into shipping, a "pre-couple" since their couple flags were waving this episode with all the first time she was happy was with Kouga, sacrificing herself to save Kouga, Kouga screaming in agony as she leaves. She even had the tears flowing as she left.

Even the second meeting on ep. 10 was prob the shonen equivalent of a shojo scene. He greated her on bended knee. Just substitute the aurora borealis like scene with bubbles.
How many times have you seen 2 characters tell each other "I didn't know my parents"/"Me neither" and not turn out be related? It's easily the most certain sibling flag in fiction.
Old 2012-08-20, 14:58   Link #736
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
How many times have you seen 2 characters tell each other "I didn't know my parents"/"Me neither" and not turn out be related? It's easily the most certain sibling flag in fiction.
Some of those original saints (most notably Seiya iirc) were orphans and not related iirc. The same theme is being used here. So far the orphans are Koga, Aria, Yuna and Soma iirc.

Aria got treated like crap. Athena raised Koga, but not entirely raised like her "son". Soma lucked out and got to know his father. Nothing got mentioned about Yuna's parents.

Last edited by orion; 2012-08-20 at 15:13.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 15:24   Link #737
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Some of those original saints (most notably Seiya iirc) were orphans and not related iirc. The same theme is being used here. So far the orphans are Koga, Aria, Yuna and Soma iirc.
The point is that the writer when out her way to highlight their lack of parents as a similarity and connection between them, even though, as you said, they're not the only ones who are orphans.

I think the writer highlighted this because it'll be a plot point later on. And yes, I think they are related.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-08-20 at 16:43.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 17:04   Link #738
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Some of those original saints (most notably Seiya iirc) were orphans and not related iirc.
Actually, in the manga the Bronze Saints are all related. I'm not even joking. Mitsumasa Kido went around the world seducing and impregnating women so that their children would become Saints.

Honestly, considering the "leaving Yuna as the only one that can help a depressed Kouga" situation, Aria not being a love interest is almost certain.
Old 2012-08-20, 18:20   Link #739
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Honestly, considering the "leaving Yuna as the only one that can help a depressed Kouga" situation, Aria not being a love interest is almost certain.
Agreed. I had thought that Eden and Aria were siblings, given how similar they looked, and Eden's protectiveness of her and that Kouga and Aria were going to get together. But this episode basically jossed that theory. If Aria and Eden were related, she would surely have mentioned it when he showed up if she knew, plus how she referred to him as Mars's son.

Yuna and Kouga seem to be going for something pretty emotional next week as well. Hey, maybe this means we can get Souma/Aria

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 19:37   Link #740
Kaos2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
No it's pretty clear they're not. Kouga and Aria on the other hand, there's a ton of foreshadowing hinting they're related.
My wild theory is that Kouga is related to...

Spoiler:
Kaos2005 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen