AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 7 16.28%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 27.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 30.23%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 20.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-30, 02:37   Link #261
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Unlike some fansubber who literally dropped everything and bolted.
Yeah At least we gave it more than 1/2 the season...

Actually, it did started to slack only during the 1/2 half, for the first half I was righteously defending the series.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2007-08-30 at 03:09.
Old 2007-08-30, 03:17   Link #262
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yeah :heh; At least we gave it more than 1/2 the season...

Actually, it did started to slack only during the 1/2 half, for the first half I was righteously defending the series.
So was everyone, except those who were screaming about lack of NxF. The problem was that the show had a good rep thanks to the first 2 seasons. Plus it was taking a novel approach so no one could evaluate it based on past data. So optimism allowed us to watch on until it was blatantly clear there was no conceivable way they could cram everything in with the remining room. That's when we go back and see whether there had been a waste of time. That's when the complaints started to roar, starting from those who saw the downfall a little quicker than the rest, but spreading to most of the population.
Old 2007-08-30, 03:21   Link #263
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aers View Post
Spoilers for 23-26 under the spoiler tag. 23 isn't translated, sorry. Click at your own risk since I wouldn't want to ruin all the fun you seem to be having deciding whats going to happen I'd be glad if someone could check the TL too, friend of mine did it and wasn't sure on everything.

Spoiler for 23-26:

Spoiler for eh!?:
Old 2007-08-30, 03:30   Link #264
Fabien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra View Post
why are you still watching, and even dedicating time posting on a forum about it?
If a show is good from the beginning to the end, there's nothing much to say.
If you understand a show is bad by watching the first episode, well, the show is bad, you forget about it and go watch something else.
But, if a good show turns awfully bad around mid-series, it kinda gives the viewer a bad shock; and discussing it (or bitching about it) is a good way to dispel it (better and less expensive than breaking your monitor ).
Old 2007-08-30, 03:36   Link #265
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
So was everyone, except those who were screaming about lack of NxF.
Yuri. Is. Evil.

Quote:
The problem was that the show had a good rep thanks to the first 2 seasons. Plus it was taking a novel approach so no one could evaluate it based on past data.

So optimism allowed us to watch on until it was blatantly clear there was no conceivable way they could cram everything in with the remining room. That's when we go back and see whether there had been a waste of time. That's when the complaints started to roar, starting from those who saw the downfall a little quicker than the rest, but spreading to most of the population.
I still believe that those few training scenes were needed, some relaxing is also allowed, but that's in the first half (I still think Teana took too long...)
Old 2007-08-30, 03:36   Link #266
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Now that I have spoiled myself with the upcoming last 4 episodes, I can't give out my opinion on StrikerS yet, no matter how much I feel like expressing it right now.
Well for one thing, we haven't seen those episodes yet, let alone those spoilers are pretty vague although they point out the main events that are going down in that episode.
While a 4th season may be in the air for Nanoha, we can't really be sure how open ended they will decide to make the ending.
Spoiler for jail...jail?:

But I can say that its pretty obvious that StrikerS did go down in quality by the half way point.

EDIT:...CHRONO SHOULD HAVE STAYED SINGLE!! WHY OH WHY THE SECRET MARRIAGE!!>_<...it would have made the series a little bit more interesting...
Old 2007-08-30, 03:46   Link #267
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@Valdra

Throwing aside the military tactics is fine, I don't really support what arkhangelsk is mostly bitching about, so I can give you that.

But what pisses me off is that they toss aside character development for the other characters in favor of moe scenes or even MORE unnecessary moments and fanservices.

(Yuri is evil)

You seem to misunderstand something, people didn't fall in love with Nanoha because it's a "Mahou Shoujo" series, and yes, she NEEDS more reason to be on screen. Nobody was useless in the last two season, I don't see what she's suppose to do to deserve all this attention.

Except bait for the evil NxF fans.
Old 2007-08-30, 03:49   Link #268
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post

But I can say that its pretty obvious that StrikerS did go down in quality by the half way point.
Putting aside everything, character development shouldn't be below-

Quote:
EDIT:...CHRONO SHOULD HAVE STAYED SINGLE!! WHY OH WHY THE SECRET MARRIAGE!!>_<...it would have made the series a little bit more interesting...
Seeing how they toss his story aside, being married or not doesn't matter at all
Old 2007-08-30, 03:52   Link #269
Nemesis

Quote:

Indeed it did.

What a waste of seiyuu acting,Songs and CDs created this year lol.
Old 2007-08-30, 04:11   Link #270
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
Indeed it did.

What a waste of seiyuu acting,Songs and CDs created this year lol.
well, I wouldn't say it was a waste of good Seiyuu acting, and songs.
The theme songs for StrikerS were the best out of the previous seasons and the ending didn't sound all too happy tuned like the previous two seasons.
The Seiyuu acting was all good, even though they did recycle roles for some people to do the Numbers' voices, they all did a good job.
The Sound Stages were meant for things that fans wanted...especially the famous NxF fanservice, but we got an overdose of it in the halfway point in StrikerS, so I would say the Sound Stages are pretty much not useful for this season, unless they decide to answer all sub-plots that were destroyed during StrikerS, that would be a wasted effort because the emotional impact won't be as good as watching it.
Old 2007-08-30, 04:12   Link #271
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Spoiler for future episodes?:
Old 2007-08-30, 04:33   Link #272
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Putting aside everything, character development shouldn't be below-

Seeing how they toss his story aside, being married or not doesn't matter at all
yeah character development didn't really happen...and not to mention that Hayate surprisingly didn't get any at all...she happened to be shafted during the second half already, even though she had that look on her face after hearing the prophecy and we all thought she was going to get the boot because of Regius and his scheming against RF6 and Einherjars.

As for Chrono, I understand that they tossed his story to the side, I'm even more surprised that they decide not to make him important in some way...I really did thought he was going to get really involved with RF6 after hearing about the prophecy, but that didn't happen and he's still on his way to the arrival destination with Cradle.
This I can say the same for Carim as well. She was the one who told the prophecy. Atleast we would have gotten some kind of development with her about the prophecy and how it can be avoided and such, but we didn't and as for now, we don't really know where she is...she could just be at her desk right now just watching the battle from a monitor.
Old 2007-08-30, 04:57   Link #273
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Well, to be frank, I saw this coming. Contradicts my statement of not believing how it was going to end, but, not that I look back on it...

Nanoha is a magical girl show, hence, it isn't the series for deaths. Sure, it's gotten far more bloodier in times than the first two ever were, but it isn't a series for deaths. I thought I was proved wrong in Ep 17 when I thought, at first, that four characters had been killed if not severely injured (who didn't think Ginga was dead? And yes, I did think that Shamal, Zafira and Vice had been killed/heavily injured, too...I was right in regard to the second option).

Anyway, blood as there might be, a mahou shoujou series isn't where characters die. The best example I can ever fish up of such a series when main characters pass away is...well, Sailor Moon. Lame choice, I know, but still, it's an example.

Not once has there been a proper death in the Nanoha series. Reinforce 1 simple shifted her form and appearance, and the Ritter only "died" for a short amount of time. I did expect character deaths in StrikerS, but it looks to me like it isn't going to happen.

Ending the series following a preset type of ending (love conquers all, everything is good) is well-known in the magical girl genre, and it looks like they don't want to divert from it.

As for in-series occurrences, the protagonists are forgiving- to counter your statement, Nvis, I wouldn't be alarmed if, despite what the Numbers did, Nanoha clears them of all charges and convictions and hires them in the service of the Bureau, same deal with Scag. Sure, it goes against the general plot against the Doctor for the most of the series, but every magical girl anime ends joyfully. I wouldn't be half surprised if an outcome like this came to be.
Old 2007-08-30, 05:52   Link #274
Jimmy C

I wouldn't be surprised if they considered Jail and the Numbers to be too dangerous and unrepentant to use. Remeber what Due said in ep20? "No matter what leash you put on him, no matter what cage you put him, the power you couldn't grasp will bring absolute catastrophe"
You'll lock the lot of them in stasis cages for the rest of eternity.
Old 2007-08-30, 06:34   Link #275
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if they considered Jail and the Numbers to be too dangerous and unrepentant to use. Remeber what Due said in ep20? "No matter what leash you put on him, no matter what cage you put him, the power you couldn't grasp will bring absolute catastrophe"
You'll lock the lot of them in stasis cages for the rest of eternity.
The ones who are aware of his origin are pretty much dead. I doubt any others know.

And I highly doubt anyone will take him seriously if he claims to be one. Hell, he may even be sent to an asylum instead of prison for being insane in their eyes.

If he doesn't suffer some form of permanent damage by the end of the series, be it being crippled, mentally broken, or if he had already exhausted his plot device as being Alhazred's orphan or something, I fully expect a prison break to happen if a S4 gets green-lighted.

Because honestly, unless he spends 10 to 15 minutes talking about his past, etc, blah blah, I can't see how his whole plot device can be covered reasonably. In fact, it has way more potential than just a backdrop for his character.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-08-30, 06:37   Link #276
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
The ones who are aware of his origin are pretty much dead. I doubt any others know.

And I highly doubt anyone will take him seriously if he claims to be one. Hell, he may even be sent to an asylum instead of prison for being insane in their eyes.

If he doesn't suffer some form of permanent damage by the end of the series, be it being crippled, mentally broken, or if he had already exhausted his plot device as being Alhazred's orphan or something, I fully expect a prison break to happen if a S4 gets green-lighted.

But hopelfully if S4 wont be like this again.
Old 2007-08-30, 06:41   Link #277
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
But hopelfully if S4 wont be like this again.
That made me go .
Old 2007-08-30, 06:58   Link #278
arkhangelsk

Quote:
@Valdra

Throwing aside the military tactics is fine, I don't really support what arkhangelsk is mostly bitching about, so I can give you that.
Oh, so things that you personally don't care about is forgivable, and things that you care about are the Ultimate Evil?
Spoiler for Tactics and Character Development:
But to each his own... an additional point this shows is that people with very different views can still blast StrikerS, which suggests it had managed to piss off almost everyone maybe except the NxF crowd.

Quote:
But what pisses me off is that they toss aside character development for the other characters in favor of moe scenes or even MORE unnecessary moments and fanservices.

(Yuri is evil)

You seem to misunderstand something, people didn't fall in love with Nanoha because it's a "Mahou Shoujo" series, and yes, she NEEDS more reason to be on screen. Nobody was useless in the last two season, I don't see what she's suppose to do to deserve all this attention.

Except bait for the evil NxF fans.
The rest I agree with.

Quote:
I still believe that those few training scenes were needed, some relaxing is also allowed, but that's in the first half (I still think Teana took too long...)
Yes, that's what most people quite reasonably thought too. The only problem is when the scale of the story that the writers envisage become apparent, along with the time they wasted on Vivio, people automatically went back to see what could have been cut to make up room to tell the story more adequately. Of course, right after Vivio would be those very training and relaxation scenes... they are luxuries, not necessities.

Last edited by arkhangelsk; 2007-08-30 at 07:15.
Old 2007-08-30, 07:13   Link #279
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Oh, so things that you personally don't care about is forgivable, and things that you care about are the Ultimate Evil?
What can I say, angelsk? That's what personal opinions are about

But seriously though, you do really go overboard with them. Like for example, Chrono's fleet formation - Did you really have to cut it under a microscope?

Quote:
Spoiler for Tactics and Character Development:
That's when the term "Ignorance is Bliss" comes to play. I know a fair deal about Tactics and Strategy, but not to your level, hence it's easier to satisfy me.

I have to be more specific when I say "Character development" though, when I meant is that the character is given enough focus to seem as if he or she is of an importance enough statsis to be given the position as "Main" character, or even a name.

I'm abit more liberate when it comes to what sort of importance they bring, as long as it's not half ass done.

(Tossing aside former main characters? Fine, I accept - It's almost unavoidable.... But tossing aside Erio/Caro/Signum till the last moment?!)

Quote:
But to each his own... an additional point this shows is that people with very different views can still blast StrikerS, which suggests it had managed to piss off almost everyone maybe except the NxF crowd.
NxF crowd is what's wrong with this show They demand with their hearts and not with their heads.

Quote:
The rest I agree with.
Ah HA! SEE?! WE CAN AGREE!!!!
Old 2007-08-30, 07:15   Link #280
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

A good esp. I would say. Will be looking forward to the next.
Closed Thread