Notices

Old 2008-04-09, 23:56   Link #221
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
^^And your point is...?
The point is that this is not the last anime that will use the gimmick, either. For as long as anime and manga exist, they will reuse anything that draws a ton of viewers regardless of originality.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 00:21   Link #222
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanseo View Post
i would to see them try something new to flavor up the story and add something original *snip*

if not saying this is a bad thing but try something different and also there is too fan service in this anime.
The only different thing about this is the manga-ka's take on said cliche that got translated to the anime. (Well, at least the male lead isn't a total loser/wuss unlike those in other animes/mangas of the same genre that preceded it)

You can never have too much fanservice in an anime... Since this anime appears to be a "fanservice" anime expect tons of it... mostly of Lala, I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
The point is that this is not the last anime that will use the gimmick, either. For as long as anime and manga exist, they will reuse anything that draws a ton of viewers regardless of originality.
Perhaps I should've used the [sarcasm] tag to make my "point" more clearer? <shrugs shoulders>

Oh well, live and learn.

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 00:25   Link #223
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
i would to see them try something new to flavor up the story and add something original

this anime reminds me of Urusei Yatsura
Other then having the near same set up To Love-Ru has been doing it's own thing so it's not a complete rip off of Urusei Yatsura. For one thing I'm enjoying To Love-Ru because I find the characters more likeable Rito doesn't come off as a complete idiot or pervert like Ataru. Lala again not entirely similiar too Lum for one thing Lala early on
Spoiler for manga spoiler:
Then there's Haruna who
Spoiler for manga spoiler:

This series may not be original but it has been adding it's own "flavor" to the genre.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 01:48   Link #224
siber222000
미, 미, 미 미쿠루빔~!!!

im sincerely hoping the ending is somewhat satisfying D: i don't want to see one of those two girls cry or get sad
Old 2008-04-10, 01:57   Link #225
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

I dont get it... just why do people crib so much when there is fan service. If the comedy is good.. hech just enjoy it or dont watch it. As for originaliy..thats pure hypocritical. As long as a story is carried out well, i m fine with it. If u r to say that Harem and ecchi has lost originality, u can say the same for the mecha and the action shows too, but that doesnt mean Code Geass or other stuff suck.

As long as an anime is made well, the characters are likeable, i dont see any problem
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 02:04   Link #226
nines
I much prefer the 2d

lol most people i think that watch this kinda anime with the ecchi stuff going on usually want a romantic thing to go on not just like sex u up sex u up then how about you or i like you but she likes me but ima stay with her. Every one likes to see a happy ending lol which when theyres a semi love triangel they want it fixed x.x
Old 2008-04-10, 04:47   Link #227
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
I dont get it... just why do people crib so much when there is fan service. If the comedy is good.. hech just enjoy it or dont watch it. As for originaliy..thats pure hypocritical. As long as a story is carried out well, i m fine with it. If u r to say that Harem and ecchi has lost originality, u can say the same for the mecha and the action shows too, but that doesnt mean Code Geass or other stuff suck.

As long as an anime is made well, the characters are likeable, i dont see any problem
The problem with fanservice is that there's only so much you can do with it. I mean, there's the classic fanservice joke involving the hapless male lead accidentally walking in on a girl undressing or a third party walking in on the two leads in a sexually suggestive position, and then there's the morally bankrupt male entourage that peek in girl's change-rooms, and those are pretty much your fanservice comedy staples. Most other jokes will play out as some sort of variation of the above. The typical expectation for fanservice comedy is jokes that are predictable or cliched, but that's because the exception to that is so rare. That's why I didn't mind Nagasarete Airantou. The fanservice comedy tended to revolve around the fact that the girls just didn't care if they were being seen naked. Sure, that's not totally new, but at least it's something different from the staples.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 05:14   Link #228
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

You've nicely summarized all the classic traditions of fanservice anime. Reading that post makes me wonder if there variations or new innovations that aren't being made simply because the genre of fanservice is happy doing the same thing again and again. Surely there must be more to the possibilities than this!

Fanservice is merely as trite and predictable as romance and action anime. lol. I suppose that is why anything mildly different becomes exciting even when it isn't really brilliant. That's why True Tears was so popular last season (though of course it fell back to the basics in the end) and I suppose it is time for fanservice to try to make something "different" as well. Of course, this is not that. For now, as toxic_trance says, we need to be satisfied that the same old formula is being done reasonably well.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 05:45   Link #229
ZODDGUTS

Uh not sure what exactly some of you guys are expecting from this series it's not going to break any new grounds but it doesn't mean it won't be enjoyable. Like toxic_trance said as long the the comedy is good and the characters are likeable then the series should be fun to watch. Since I've already read the manga I know already that it's going to be great in both of those areas plus the added fanservice.
Old 2008-04-10, 06:14   Link #230
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
People are complaining about the ecchiness? This is intended to be an ecchi anime, lots more to come dare I say. At least it's not mindless fanservice like Rosario where you always don't have enough fingers to count up all the pantyshots in an episode.
Old 2008-04-10, 08:24   Link #231
Solafighter
Hige

Great opening! I´ll follow this series.
Old 2008-04-10, 09:03   Link #232
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanseo View Post
i would to see them try something new to flavor up the story and add something original

this anime reminds me of Urusei Yatsura

here read this:

Plot Summary: Urusei Yatsura is the story of the unluckiest and most lecherous young man alive, Ataru Moroboshi. When aliens decide to invade Earth, Ataru is randomly selected to defend his planet by playing a game of the aliens national sport, tag. Should he win, the world shall be saved. However, Ataru is motivated for far less noble reasons, as the one he plays against is revealed to be the curvaceous alien princess, Lum. The game goes for 10 days, and on the last day, Ataru, motivated by his girlfriend assuring him marriage (and consequently, a marriage night one can assume) should he win, finally catches Lum. However, with his victory he gives a cry of joy for his coming marriage, which is misinterpreted by Lum to be a marriage proposal. She promptly agrees, beginning the two's "marriage" together.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...nime.php?id=90

if not saying this is a bad thing but try something different and also there is too fan service in this anime.

rizelmine could be possible as well and another marriage anime damn can't find the name. it was to increase birth numbers or something and the government forced them together
Old 2008-04-10, 09:16   Link #233
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Got this link from animation website it shows productions images of Lala with nipples which shows that the DVD version will be uncensored though I'm pretty sure everybody already knew that was going to happen.

DVD version ftw!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 09:19   Link #234
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

I'm debating whether or not to pick this one up, since I'm almost always obligated to finish a series if I've started it.

I can probably handle a fanservice anime if it's not mind-numbingly inculcating like Rosario (), and I saw some magical girl action in the CM (which is a plus.) So how's the level of fanservice in this? If it's at a medium or less, I'll probably check it out. And concerning other important points: is there a harem?
If so, how's the lead?
For those who have read the manga, how does the plot (if it exists) build and such?
(this is a two cours series apparently, so I don't think it'll just be pure fanservice.)

All riight. Thanks in advance.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 09:56   Link #235
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
I'm debating whether or not to pick this one up, since I'm almost always obligated to finish a series if I've started it.

I can probably handle a fanservice anime if it's not mind-numbingly inculcating like Rosario (), and I saw some magical girl action in the CM (which is a plus.) So how's the level of fanservice in this? If it's at a medium or less, I'll probably check it out. And concerning other important points: is there a harem?
If so, how's the lead?
For those who have read the manga, how does the plot (if it exists) build and such?
(this is a two cours series apparently, so I don't think it'll just be pure fanservice.)

All riight. Thanks in advance.
There's alot of fanservice in this series but it doesn't come out as rather dumb as Rosario think Love Hina type of fanservice. Yes the series has a harem, the lead is similar to Kentaro from Love Hina someone that you laugh at tends to get beat up by the girls but his characters is not annoying at all believe it or not but he's actually quite likeable same goes with the other characters.

Plot wise it slowly moves especially in the romance department think School Rumble where the series mostly concentrates mostly on the comedy followed by romance. Thankfully though there aren't any resets in this series also most of the stories tend to last a chapter or two but the characters are developed in them though from time to time there are mini arcs they don't tend to last longer then 3 or so 4 chapters so it doesn't feel dragged out.

So you should be able to enjoy this series much more then Rosario Vampire but it will take 3 or 4 episodes to get going just like in the beggining of the manga it took a couple of chapters to get going, once the characters have been introduced that's when the fun begins with the characters interacting with each other because their personalities are a joy to watch.
Old 2008-04-10, 14:22   Link #236
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Episode 2 and Other Things Of Interest:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 15:58   Link #237
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I'm still waiting for
Spoiler:
to show up. I'll be honest and say that waiting for her appearance is one of my main reasons for watching this show. (that doesn't mean I don't find the show itself to be entertaining, mind you ) I hope she actually gets folded into the harem in the anime, whereas in the manga she's still kinda hinging.
Old 2008-04-10, 16:02   Link #238
nines
I much prefer the 2d

yay for dvd version ^.^
Old 2008-04-10, 16:41   Link #239
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

At last! Nipples are back like it was on early 90's anime...cough..*Ranma*...

They should ALWAYS do it like that.
Old 2008-04-10, 17:33   Link #240
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I'm still waiting for
Spoiler:
to show up. I'll be honest and say that waiting for her appearance is one of my main reasons for watching this show. (that doesn't mean I don't find the show itself to be entertaining, mind you ) I hope she actually gets folded into the harem in the anime, whereas in the manga she's still kinda hinging.
You tell me. I am losing hair over here waiting for her to show up. It would be a treat to have her being involved but then again, this might ruin the series as it could turn out to be another pointless harem fest *looks over shoulder* like Rosario
I have more hopes for love ru to do better ^^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, harem, romance, school life, shounen, xebec