AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-07, 20:18   Link #24821
Acer
Death to the infidels!

How can we forget, huh? but I think that not much has the run of the proposed Touma + Misaka + Misaki on the cover. Bets (which I did not participate) now depends on how they will be there.
Old 2013-04-07, 20:38   Link #24822
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyingbreath View Post
I know that UV is EM and I'm not saying he couldn't reflect light, I'm saying he doesn't.
I know what a vector is in mathematics but you are using it in a physics sense where vectors are used in force calculation only, and force needs mass.
Energy transfer is movement of heat or other energy through collisions of molecules, heat itself is the speed of the molecules of a substance as they move. All physics books say that. and I'm not saying he can't redirect heat. He could since heat is linked to substance. You can't have a hot vacuum after all.
In terms of Physics, Vectors are used in far more than force. Momentum, angular momentum, and torque are mechanics examples. At the same time, Electricity has Electric Fields and Fluxes as well as Magnetic fields and fluxes. With the exception of mass and moment of inertia (and density and center of mass), a lot of physical quantities have huge dependence on vectors such as charge with Electric Flux through Gauss's Law, Kinetic energy through velocity, and Voltage through Magnetic Flux via Faraday's Law. Light itself is just a propagation of perpendicular electric and magnetic fields in a predictable pattern. (Not going to discuss any wave-particle duality).

With heat transfer, you have (as someone mentioned earlier) energy flux, which is a vector quantity.

Basically, Accelerator can manipulate even scalar quantities by knowing basic vector analysis (Line integration, Green's Law, etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Can't blame them when NT03 sold more just because of the cover .
And I still will never understand why. NT03 was a good volume but is nothing compared to NT04, after all.
Scratch that. I understand why, but it pisses me off, somewhat.
Old 2013-04-07, 20:48   Link #24823
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

One thing cross my mind regarding this series. With the number of cast in this series, it will be epic if Kamachi decide to do a collaboration with Narita Ryogo(author of Durarara and Baccano) for an SS series. As good as Kamachi is, IMO, no one does multiple character story better than Narita-sensei in LN scene.
Old 2013-04-07, 20:54   Link #24824
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
One thing cross my mind regarding this series. With the number of cast in this series, it will be epic if Kamachi decide to do a collaboration with Narita Ryogo(author of Durarara and Baccano) for an SS series. As good as Kamachi is, IMO, no one does multiple character story better than Narita-sensei in LN scene.
Way ahead of ya... how close are the two cities ?
Old 2013-04-07, 21:03   Link #24825
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Two cities? What do you mean by that?

And my idea doesn't seem to be too farfetched considering Narita sensei wrote a railgun spinoff series once already. Now Dengeki Bunko need to do this for the main series that has much larger cast
Old 2013-04-07, 21:10   Link #24826
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Two cities? What do you mean by that?

And my idea doesn't seem to be too farfetched considering Narita sensei wrote a railgun spinoff series once already. Now Dengeki Bunko need to do this for the main series that has much larger cast
Ikebukuro and Academy City, where are they in Tokyo?

A tale of two cities.
Old 2013-04-07, 21:26   Link #24827
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Ah, you mean that kind of collaboration. What's in my mind is quite different, what if Narita Ryogo was given the liberty of using Kamachi's well laid out setting and charming characters to make up a long story. It won't be the first time either like I said, since Narita Ryogo has already done this to several well-known series, including railgun and fate series, and manage to write a story on par with the original writing. Index and railgun novel reader might actually be quite familiar with such collaboration since the result of such collaboration, to aru jihanki no fanfare, has already been translated into English by the cult leader.

And about the two cities, shouldn't be that far from each other because technically they're still part of the same city, Tokyo.
Old 2013-04-07, 21:40   Link #24828
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Too bad he doesn't have Kamachi's output rate

Imagine if they combine their powers...
Old 2013-04-07, 22:26   Link #24829
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Kamachi's well-laid-out setting and writing speed with Narita Ryogo's everything-is-connected in one story? Fund it!!!! Now!!!
Old 2013-04-07, 22:33   Link #24830
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

"Originally Posted by Dyingbreath
What about something without movement. Say a tree was in his way while he was moving at a high speed. I mean technically it has movement but his reflect doesn't auto-reflect the gound or anything he tries to touch so I'm not sure.
Physics-wise it's kind of a toss up between Newton's 3rd law which says he probably would and the elastic/inelastic collision deal which says that it would probably still hurt him."

Since accelerator is moving, there is a vector relative to himself. (Distance between him and the tree is changing) Thus, his reflection will still work on static objects if he is colliding with it.
Old 2013-04-08, 00:14   Link #24831
desrtsku
Nympholept

IkebukuroXAC, hohoho, it'll end up with a Izaya VS Aleister ...
... I wonder if Accel can reflect Celty's shadow attacks in the first go ...
... can Accel reflect Izayoi's attacks?
... can he reflect Shiki's knife?
... can shiki kill Aiwass?
... Can Himegami Kill true ancestors?
... Can a Toaru Magician beat a servant?
... what happens if Arcueid and Fiamma fight each other?
... would Stiyl like Touko's cigarette?

So much question unanswered that are can only be with crossovers! (#/O_O)/
Old 2013-04-08, 00:54   Link #24832
Haigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Unless the lines are on Accel's reflection field I don't think so.
Old 2013-04-08, 01:23   Link #24833
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
IkebukuroXAC, hohoho, it'll end up with a Izaya VS Aleister ...
... I wonder if Accel can reflect Celty's shadow attacks in the first go ...
... can Accel reflect Izayoi's attacks?
... can shiki kill Aiwass?
... Can Himegami Kill true ancestors?
... Can a Toaru Magician beat a servant?
... what happens if Arcueid and Fiamma fight each other?
... would Stiyl like Touko's cigarette?

So much question unanswered that are can only be with crossovers! (#/O_O)/
- at first I'm sure it will be the first time Accel will receive an attack from a shadow unless an esper already has this kind of ability and its already added to his database
- Izayoi from mondaitachi? it will be like izayoi hitting himself because before Izayoi's gift take effect. It will first need to contact Accel's reflection and Izayoi's gift crushing works differently from IB nullification. For me Izayoi is just breaking the gift literally by brute force
- Shiki can kill Aiwass but not the real Aiwass because the real one is somewhere out there watching it will probably be the same when Accel crush the core of Aiwass in vol 19.
- Aisa.... true ancestor..... isn't the gap too LARGE!? dead apostle probably but for true ancestor and dead apostle ancestor..... not sure because we haven't seen deep blood in action.
- normal magician won't stand a chance against servants saints and valkyries would be a good match but for leader of the cabal.... well some of the strong servants would probably be an enemy for them.
- Arcueid has her limits which is limited to Gaia. It reminds me of the debate in 4chan when the ability of Fiamma was revealed and a debate about Curtana passing through avalon was being discussed. Fiamma doesn't have limits so far as long as he can handle it and he is a greedy person that aims higher than a god. Though types would probably too much for Fiamma or not ..... it really depends. Since Fiamma's level is planet buster and types are the same.
- huh!? cigarette buddy?

and why the hell type-moon questions was being ask in light novel thread?

Quote:
Kamachi's well-laid-out setting and writing speed with Narita Ryogo's everything-is-connected in one story? Fund it!!!! Now!!!
I can't imagine if Kamachi do that kind of thing. Everything is connected in one story..... its good when its done in baccano and durarara .... but in kamachi's work? Simple mind screwing survey, intelli village, waltraute, HEAVY OBJECT!!!! and index.

Index and Heavy object combine is something I can't even imagine. And when will be the next object be released?
Old 2013-04-08, 01:30   Link #24834
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Sod it then, Index + Rental Magica + Mahouka + Horizon.
Old 2013-04-08, 01:40   Link #24835
tsunade666

^do you want the world to shatter in seconds!? why not add densetsu and itsuka tenma too so the black rabbit and the mad hero would destroy it in nano seconds.
Old 2013-04-08, 01:57   Link #24836
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Mondaiji and CSR.
Old 2013-04-08, 02:11   Link #24837
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Looks like we need a trolley to carry a single volume....
Old 2013-04-08, 02:14   Link #24838
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveOVER View Post
Looks like we need a trolley to carry a single volume....
Toss in Harry Potter to finish it off.
Old 2013-04-08, 02:37   Link #24839
tsunade666

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
^do you want the world to shatter in seconds!? why not add densetsu and itsuka tenma too so the black rabbit and the mad hero would destroy it in nano seconds.
Quote:
Mondaiji and CSR.
Quote:
Toss in Harry Potter to finish it off.
Someone needs to babysit baby harry. Maybe Lina will teach the young wizard how to kick some dark lord wannabe's butt.
Old 2013-04-08, 02:51   Link #24840
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Harry might just be defeated by a lv 3 slime from Horizon.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen