Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-23, 12:24   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Bleach Episode 225 Discussion Thread

Good afternoon. Sorry about the delay. Thought I wasn't going to make it. Anyway, looks like Matsumoto and Hinamori will be in boat load of trouble. In the Grimjow arc earlier in the Hueco Mundo, it was said that an arrancar inherits strength by eating another and become even more powerful. Since this thing is the combination of the body parts of three fraccion, it should be super strong. Matsumoto and Hinamori was having trouble managing the three ladies and they were coming at them one at a time. This thing which represents the combined strength of the three should be much more troublesome. Question is how strong is it? Is it stronger than a captain class?

Since my download just finished, I'll attach a few screenshots.

I'll get to watching the episode now. Have fun discussing.

edit: What a waste of time this episode was. It exapanded 30 seconds worth of storyline at best to a 13 minutes of episode. That thing seriously injures Matsumoto though it was difficult to tell thanks to save-our-children censorship. It also K.O. punches Hinamori. Hisagi and Kira come into the aid. Hisagi tells Kira to take care of the ladies. Hisagi is soon caught and squeezed out of his innards by the friendly chimera. Iba tries a surprise attack from its rear, but blasted by a cero. It makes its advances toward Kira who has created a protective blue shell to keep the two injured ladies isolated. The episode concluded when the old man who likes to take his shirt off to show off his pecks punched a whole in the Chimera out of no where. The 10 seconds preview for the episode was more entertaining than this charade. Ah well.... Off to bed.

Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!

Last edited by monir; 2009-06-23 at 12:57.
Old 2009-06-23, 12:49   Link #2
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Meh, more censored crap.

Blah.
Old 2009-06-23, 12:51   Link #3
neshru

Meh episode. As expected, all the raping got raped by censorship, and the result was pretty bad.
Old 2009-06-23, 13:01   Link #4
kitten320

Boo at the censoring!
Just what the...! All Matsumoto got was a burn?! 0_o
Since when getting burned in Bleach is deadly -_-

Was it really that hard to show how part of her body was ripped off -_-
Old 2009-06-23, 13:07   Link #5
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Boo at the censoring!
Just what the...! All Matsumoto got was a burn?! 0_o
Since when getting burned in Bleach is deadly -_-

Was it really that hard to show how part of her body was ripped off -_-
The inconsistencies created by the censorship were ridiculous. We see Allon tearing through Rangiku, and Rangiku still looks like she's gonna die, but instead of having a hole in her chest she has just a little bruise.
Old 2009-06-23, 13:26   Link #6
Sythychan

Irony, Allon's hand was bloody, there was a blood splatter yet the skin isnt torn... I love the censorship : (
Old 2009-06-23, 13:31   Link #7
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
The episode was pretty solid, it had a nice pace and even though the animation wasn't shining I'm satisfied with it. Of course one problem still remains. The censored scenes made drama in not so high standard and because there was no blood the sense of pain from characters was kinda lost and the entire picture kinda showed that Allon wasn't that powerful because he knocked out Vice-Captains with simple scratch, which wasn't true as most of manga readers know.

All in all it's good, but if they keep censoring like this Bleach will be toe in toe with those Disney cartoons.
Old 2009-06-23, 13:56   Link #8
Ichiban Hayai

My only complaint is that the episode felt too sort. Almost nothing new happened.

On the other hand I am more than happy that this arc is full of new abilities and Kido. Almost every episode has something new.

As for the censored parts, I could care less about the missing gore. And really I can't believe people expected ribs to be torn off. Come on.
Only extremely few series like Claymore had such scenes and the timeslot for such series narrows drastically the audience in Japan.
Old 2009-06-23, 14:08   Link #9
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiban Hayai View Post
My only complaint is that the episode felt too sort. Almost nothing new happened.
You got to be kidding me? Nothing new happened?
Vice-Captains getting owned for the first time in this arc and you said that it's nothing new? Ok...

Is it me or the animation was slightly better when Hisagi arrived on the scene
Old 2009-06-23, 14:16   Link #10
Sauzer

was it jsut me or the animation quality was utter crap? at least last episode had some solid frames.
Old 2009-06-23, 14:31   Link #11
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

You all know that this is inevitable...time has dilated in the Bleach universe and there is no escape...muahahahaha...(only 740 more episodes until Aizen fights)
Old 2009-06-23, 17:02   Link #12
medigo

it was the standard 2chapter pacing
what more can one expect
Old 2009-06-23, 19:21   Link #13
Omniscient

I made some comparison screenshots between the anime and manga versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Is it me or the animation was slightly better when Hisagi arrived on the scene
It's obviously a conspiracy to make him look good.
Old 2009-06-23, 20:14   Link #14
Jerseykid

Woo finally get to see Ichigo again next ep!

All the kidou use makes me happy. They could divert huge chunks of boring future filler to teaching Ichigo Kidou. Would just be awesome to see him using it as amazingly as Aizen does.
Old 2009-06-23, 21:04   Link #15
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
nice episode(apart from the censorship, the red/black scene + allon playing with some bloody stuff would have been ok..), I never realized how macho kira's/hisagi's entrance was

ichiban: there's a funny double standard in this series. gore is fine with non-humanoid looking characters(eg tesla released) but it's bad when it comes to others.. like chad, cute little ururu, lolly/menolly or even noitorra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
All the kidou use makes me happy. They could divert huge chunks of boring future filler to teaching Ichigo Kidou. Would just be awesome to see him using it as amazingly as Aizen does.
nonono, please don't send him off to hogwarts would be sooo ooc unless heconstantly blows himself up
Old 2009-06-23, 21:13   Link #16
Jerseykid

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
nonono, please don't send him off to hogwarts would be sooo ooc unless heconstantly blows himself up
Yeah it would be much more interesting if Ichigo can only do the same 3 things every fight.
Old 2009-06-23, 21:21   Link #17
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
Yeah it would be much more interesting if Ichigo can only do the same 3 things every fight.
yet kidou doesn't suite him imo
Old 2009-06-23, 21:42   Link #18
saravis

This was an ok episode. I didn't really care that much for Allon in the manga, his emergence just seemed far fetched to me. How can you create a being of his level of power just by three fraccions sacrificing their arms? For something like him I would expect a much greater sacrifice, it would have made more sense if KT had put the three fraccions in a desperate state somehow, in which they were forced to sacrifice themselves to create Allon, turning the tables, that would have been far more interesting and believable. Whatever, its entertaining for the conflict of it.
Old 2009-06-23, 22:49   Link #19
Fran~
floating away...

Yama-owned...
Old 2009-06-23, 23:25   Link #20
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Yama-owned...
Ojisan looks cool like always .... hopefully this "thing" won't prove to be a match for him otherwise .. how can we expect Yama to save at least one of the capts fighting against one of them real beasts? (talking bout the espadas)

Also, I totally loved the quick fighting scene with that angry lil girl and Ukitake ..... my take is that she will release into a form that ukitake cannot ignore and after defeating her Stark will go all out .... otherwise I see no way how these two cool guys are going to fight for real.

Overall a pretty good episode .. despite of the heavy censorship .....
Closed Thread