AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-06-09, 05:54   Link #1481
DMurphy

I - wildlings, bro, I don't think the White Walkers are going to be happy with you setting fire to an entire forest. Do you really want to annoy them?

This was a good episode, but I don't think it was as effective as Blackwater, just because Blackwater had some slower, quieter moments with Cersei and Sansa. I'm heartbroken over Ygritte, though.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 09:07   Link #1482
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
This was a good episode, but I don't think it was as effective as Blackwater, just because Blackwater had some slower, quieter moments with Cersei and Sansa.
I'd agree with this. This, overall, had a more "epic" battle, but it wasn't quite as interesting.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 11:02   Link #1483
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Tons of action, the most action filled episode in all of Game of Thrones. Too bad Alastor didn't die... but i did love how John put a smithy hammer through that bad douches skull xD
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 11:21   Link #1484
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Did the kid just avenged his father by shooting Ygritte?
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 11:49   Link #1485
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
That kid is literally worse than Satan.

He is the final villain of Game of Thrones.

Old 2014-06-09, 15:00   Link #1486
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

Quote:
Yes, he did.

And Sam finally got some from Gilly!

Way To Go, kiddo!
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 15:10   Link #1487
Jaden

Hahahaha...slain by the elevator boy. Did not see that one coming. I dunno if it was supposed to be a touching scene afterwards, but I couldn't wipe off my stupid grin. That was a sick battle though. The invasion makes everything that's happened inside the seven kingdoms seem so stupid.
Old 2014-06-09, 15:17   Link #1488
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Hahahaha...slain by the elevator boy. Did not see that one coming. I dunno if it was supposed to be a touching scene afterwards, but I couldn't wipe off my stupid grin. That was a sick battle though. The invasion makes everything that's happened inside the seven kingdoms seem so stupid.
That's because it is, everyone is ignoring the real threat to humanity and are only concerned with their own petty desires.

John Snow and his little brother are the only two fighting the real battle.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 15:43   Link #1489
Xagzan

Ollie? Little Green Arrow?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 17:29   Link #1490
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
That's because it is, everyone is ignoring the real threat to humanity and are only concerned with their own petty desires.

John Snow and his little brother are the only two fighting the real battle.
At the same time, though, the matters of who's going to rule Westeros are important, especially to them when they aren't at the Wall, haven't seen the White Walkers, etc. Westeros is a very large, very divided country and it's not difficult to see how they might lose sight of the Much Bigger Problem, especially when the White Walkers are considered myths.

Old 2014-06-09, 18:08   Link #1491
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

They should ship the giant's corpse to King's Landing and tell them about the myths knocking at their gates.
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 20:28   Link #1492
ChainLegacy
廉頗

One wonders how they managed to get those seemingly mute and animalistic giants to pledge allegiance to their army.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 20:39   Link #1493
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Yes.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
One wonders how they managed to get those seemingly mute and animalistic giants to pledge allegiance to their army.
Simple animals don't use complex tools like Bows,domesticate other animals, or help build things in camp on their own initiative without human supervision. The giants probably aren't as smart as people, but they're definitely sapient.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 20:44   Link #1494
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Simple animals don't use complex tools like Bows,domesticate other animals, or help build things in camp on their own initiative without human supervision. The giants probably aren't as smart as people, but they're definitely sapient.
I know, they actually reminded me of neanderthals a little bit in their facial design (though obviously not size). I just thought it was funny how they didn't seem to be able to speak... which is definitely a prerequisite to all the things you listed. Then again, maybe they can and just chose to stick to monstrous screaming instead.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 21:07   Link #1495
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I know, they actually reminded me of neanderthals a little bit in their facial design (though obviously not size). I just thought it was funny how they didn't seem to be able to speak... which is definitely a prerequisite to all the things you listed. Then again, maybe they can and just chose to stick to monstrous screaming instead.
To be fair, we haven't gotten a chance to really see how Giants have communicated. The most we've gotten is one grunting at Jon Snow in acknowledgement of him staring at it, and these combat scenes. Whether giants can communicate, and how is still up in the air. And again. Giant's are a different species than men. Who how HOW things work for them exactly.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 21:32   Link #1496
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Damn, someone beat me with the Bon Jovi clip, have to admit the instant i saw the scene thats exactly what was going through my head haha. The little nod at the end just caps it off brilliantly.

Totally should ship the giants corpse south, unfortunately it'd be quite ripe on arrival. But the reaction would be priceless, although I expect they'd pull a Citadel Council and be all like "we dismiss this claim of giants and other creatures swarming from the north."
Old 2014-06-10, 02:33   Link #1497
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Spoiler for Books:
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-10, 06:07   Link #1498
DMurphy

This is where Westeros could really use Skype, so that they could just send a picture of several Nights Watchmen grinning with a giant corpse, and then pack the corpse with ice and ship it down there afterwards.

Old 2014-06-10, 07:08   Link #1499
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

With how fast information gets around with the absurdly fast Ravens I'm sure someone could sketch the thing... like some medieval version of MMS.
Old 2014-06-10, 15:29   Link #1500
Hazou
Immortal Flames

I was in the opposite boat of everyone. Sure this was action pack. But I actually found the episode quite boring and not very interesting.

Also, its hard when you watch videos about real sword fighting. And no one gave a flying fishsticks. No one in the sword fights were keeping their guard up. Going for power blows all the time isn't a good idea since you leave yourself open to getting gutted. Which they did.

Burn strongly and freely, my immortal flames.
Hazou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game of thrones, hbo