AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-08-09, 02:25   Link #1981
Nobodyman9
Banned

As long as we're comparing CG to other media, I've seen Dark Knight twice in the past three days and I can see so many comparisons between the two. Basically, I'm wondering what would be the result of certain predicaments from DK being introduced into the CG world.

Imagine the ferry scene, except instead of civilians and criminals, it would be Britannians and Elevens (yeah, I think they'd blow each other sky high immediately)

Also, what if the Joker was introduced into the Geass world. When you think about it Lelouch isn't too dissimilar to Batman, and the Joker could hunt him down just like Batman. Everything would just be on a grander scale.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 02:28   Link #1982
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
As long as we're comparing CG to other media, I've seen Dark Knight twice in the past three days and I can see so many comparisons between the two. Basically, I'm wondering what would be the result of certain predicaments from DK being introduced into the CG world.

Imagine the ferry scene, except instead of civilians and criminals, it would be Britannians and Elevens (yeah, I think they'd blow each other sky high immediately)

Also, what if the Joker was introduced into the Geass world. When you think about it Lelouch isn't too dissimilar to Batman, and the Joker could hunt him down just like Batman. Everything would just be on a grander scale.
If the Joker was introduced to the Code Geass world, then everyone will really know what true terror and evil is. People may just come together just because the Joker is so twisted and vile that they would have no choice. Or the Joker beats them all with his sinister plots of ultimate evil!

And Lelouch isn't similar to batman. Batman is trying to save a corrupt city by not killing people and having the high moral ground. Who does that sound like?
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 02:45   Link #1983
Poorboy93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
If the Joker was introduced to the Code Geass world, then everyone will really know what true terror and evil is. People may just come together just because the Joker is so twisted and vile that they would have no choice. Or the Joker beats them all with his sinister plots of ultimate evil!

And Lelouch isn't similar to batman. Batman is trying to save a corrupt city by not killing people and having the high moral ground. Who does that sound like?
High moral? Batman kills people with guns in the old GOOD comic books.
Batman=Lulu
Poorboy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 02:47   Link #1984
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poorboy93 View Post
High moral? Batman kills people with guns in the old GOOD comic books.
Batman=Lulu
Pfft. The newer stuff is more into the mainstream version of Batman today.
Old 2008-08-09, 02:52   Link #1985
Poorboy93

Quote:
Pfft. The newer stuff is more into the mainstream version of Batman today.
are you agreeing? or disagreeing aha im confused
Poorboy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 03:01   Link #1986
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poorboy93 View Post
are you agreeing? or disagreeing aha im confused
I'm confused that this was brought up.
Old 2008-08-09, 03:03   Link #1987
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:

Quoted for absolute truth. Now if we put Ledger's Joker in that world...

"Why...so...SERIOUS?!"

Awesomeness ensues, no?
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 03:04   Link #1988
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:

Ha ha good point But still, Zero and Batman: both don a different persona to protect their identities, both protect a city/country from evil, both are vigilantes, and both are igniting change, for better or for worse, in their respective city/country. Oh, and unlike Suzaku, Batman is not wishy-washy and is nobody's bitch. Oh, and I forgot to mention, Batman and Zero are both very intelligent and creative.

My take on the Joker is that he could do something similar as he did in the movie. In CG he would be hired by Britannia as a mercenary trying to capture/kill Zero. Of course, the Joker only desires chaos and would use both Britannia's and Japan's weaknesses to incite it. Really, there are just so many quotes from the Joker that could be applied to Lelouch and the CG world in general

"Don't talk like one of them, you're not! Even if you'd like to be. To them, you're just a freak – like me! They need you right now. When they don't … they'll cast you out. Like a leper."

"Those [Britannians] want you gone so they can get back to the way things were. But I know the truth. There's no going back. You've changed things … forever"

Oh, and imagine if the Joker said this to a black knight. Maybe Ohgi.

"Do you want to know why I use a knife? Guns are too quick. You can't savor all of the little … emotions. You see, in their … last moments, people show you who they really are. So in a way … I knew your friends better than you ever did. Would you like to know which of them were cowards? "

Of course Lelouch would kill the Joker the first chance he got. Of course that would all depend on how long the Joker could hold all the cards.
Old 2008-08-09, 03:07   Link #1989
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Oh, no he wouldn't, because he'd say:

"You won't kill me because of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness...and I won't kill you...because you're too much fun!"

Just as Batman and the Joker are eternal enemies, the same must apply for Lelouch and Joker out of necessity.
Old 2008-08-09, 03:08   Link #1990
Orga777

Quote:
Ha ha good point But still, Zero and Batman: both don a different persona to protect their identities, both protect a city/country from evil, both are vigilantes, and both are igniting change, for better or for worse, in their respective city/country. Oh, and unlike Suzaku, Batman is not wishy-washy and is nobody's bitch. Oh, and I forgot to mention, Batman and Zero are both very intelligent and creative.

My take on the Joker is that he could do something similar as he did in the movie. In CG he would be hired by Britannia as a mercenary trying to capture/kill Zero. Of course, the Joker only desires chaos and would use both Britannia's and Japan's weaknesses to incite it. Really, there are just so many quotes from the Joker that could be applied to Lelouch and the CG world in general
Okay, you may have a point there.
Maybe Suzaku is like Harvey Dent then... That wouldn't end well......<.<'

Quote:
Of course Lelouch would kill the Joker the first chance he got. Of course that would all depend on how long the Joker could hold all the cards.
What are you saying? The Joker ALWAYS holds all the cards.
And just give him an Anti-Geass thing. Yeah. Make him immune to Lelouch's will. (actually, The Joker's mind may be too much for Lelouch to actually control. In the comics Martian Manhunter had trouble holding back The Joker's personality for even a shot amount of time and he IS immune to even Scarecrow's fear gas...<.<)
Old 2008-08-09, 03:10   Link #1991
Dream_Traveller
Banned

...Oh, god, seeing Suzaku as Two-Face and flipping coins to decide fate is not a pleasant image.
Old 2008-08-09, 03:26   Link #1992
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Okay, you may have a point there.
Maybe Suzaku is like Harvey Dent then... That wouldn't end well......<.<'
Oh God, I wasn't gonna say anything cause I thought it was kind of a stretch, but since you brought it up, I was thinking the same. Imagine if in an alternate universe the Joker was responsible for Euphemia's death and afterwhich he got to Suzaku

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? You know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it. You know … I just do things. [Britannia] has plans. The [Black Knights] have plans. [Zero's] got plans. You know … they're schemers. Schemers trying to control their little worlds. I'm not a schemer. I try to show the schemers how pathetic their attempts to control things really are. So when I say … eh, come here. When I say that you and your girlfriend was nothing personal, you know that I'm telling the truth. It's the schemers … that put you where you are. You were a schemer. You had plans. And, uh … look where that got you. I just did what I do best. I took your little plan and I turned it on itself."

Skip a bit

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, then everything becomes …chaos. I'm an agent of chaos. Oh, and you know the thing about chaos? It's fair."

Not that I'm sure Suzaku could fully qualify as a "schemer"
Old 2008-08-09, 03:40   Link #1993
Orga777

Quote:
Not that I'm sure Suzaku could fully qualify as a "schemer"
Sure he does. He has his own plans that he is trying to do after all. He may not be Lelouch, but he still plans.

And Damn... Suzaku toally losing it like that just would be disastrous for everybody...<.<'
Old 2008-08-09, 08:44   Link #1994
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Not quite. Remember that basic human dignity in the world of Code Geass has become something that is not only WORTH killing for, but something you HAVE to kill for to get even scraps of. Thanks for NOTHING, Charlie Boy!!

There's no need for a Joker to introduce the Japanese (NOT Elevens, as an Asian Warrior I would rather DIE than pander to the British Empire's standards, even in fiction); just looking over the concrete walls to where your home with running water and electricity used to be, now occupied by foreigners, is more than enough as a daily example.

If the British need a reminder of callous disregard for basic human dignity? Just take a look in the mirror when they shave in the morning with Japanese Water and Electricity.

I agree with what would happen in the previous post prior to Mr/Ms Orga. Any right minded Japanese who still think of themselves as human beings would (and should) gladly flick the switch for the boat that don't even think, much less treat, them as such in return.

Remember that Saints and Angels like Euphemia and Nunna-chan are one in a BILLION. Being a grim and realistic universe that the world of Code Geass is, one should not use their rare dignity to lionize what is essentially an entire race of culture raping, genocidal schmucks.

Edit: When a race gives birth to and raises trash like Nina Eistein by the tens of millions, its one of those regrettable cases where individuals only (like Euphemia, Nunna-chan and the Student Council) rather than the largely worthless nation as a whole are worth saving.

Last edited by Ronin Aquila; 2008-08-09 at 10:10.
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 14:26   Link #1995
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila View Post
Not quite. Remember that basic human dignity in the world of Code Geass has become something that is not only WORTH killing for, but something you HAVE to kill for to get even scraps of. Thanks for NOTHING, Charlie Boy!!

There's no need for a Joker to introduce the Japanese (NOT Elevens, as an Asian Warrior I would rather DIE than pander to the British Empire's standards, even in fiction); just looking over the concrete walls to where your home with running water and electricity used to be, now occupied by foreigners, is more than enough as a daily example.

If the British need a reminder of callous disregard for basic human dignity? Just take a look in the mirror when they shave in the morning with Japanese Water and Electricity.

I agree with what would happen in the previous post prior to Mr/Ms Orga. Any right minded Japanese who still think of themselves as human beings would (and should) gladly flick the switch for the boat that don't even think, much less treat, them as such in return.

Remember that Saints and Angels like Euphemia and Nunna-chan are one in a BILLION. Being a grim and realistic universe that the world of Code Geass is, one should not use their rare dignity to lionize what is essentially an entire race of culture raping, genocidal schmucks.

Edit: When a race gives birth to and raises trash like Nina Eistein by the tens of millions, its one of those regrettable cases where individuals only (like Euphemia, Nunna-chan and the Student Council) rather than the largely worthless nation as a whole are worth saving.
Hmm, someone has some strong opinions Not that you're wrong. It certainly is a great injustice what is happening to the Japanese people and I'm sure they will regain their independence by the end of the series.

Anyway, whether the Joker would have any profound effect on the Japanese is debatable (I'm sure he would have some effect) it doesn't matter as I'm sure he would just get off on the chaos going around. Remember, the Joker's on nobody's side but his own.
Old 2008-08-09, 14:50   Link #1996
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Hmm, someone has some strong opinions Not that you're wrong. It certainly is a great injustice what is happening to the Japanese people and I'm sure they will regain their independence by the end of the series.

Anyway, whether the Joker would have any profound effect on the Japanese is debatable (I'm sure he would have some effect) it doesn't matter as I'm sure he would just get off on the chaos going around. Remember, the Joker's on nobody's side but his own.
Joker doesn't even have a side or even a cause if its the dark knight joker. The guy is as two face so eloquently put in that movie is a mad dog and joker said himself if he chased a car and caught it he wouldn't know what to do with it.

Guys like lelouch are planners and schemers they have a goal and look toward the future joker not so much and couldn't care less of what happens.

If joker is introduced in code geass then the people are gonna wish they were never born.
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 14:52   Link #1997
Dream_Traveller
Banned

"I'd just...do things."

Yup- the Joker in Geass would be one hell of a menace.
Old 2008-08-09, 14:53   Link #1998
El_Negro
Smurfee

It's just what Alfred told Bruce/Batman

Some people just live to see the World Burn and Joker is one of them
El_Negro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 15:06   Link #1999
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The Joker in Geass wouldn't be as bad as you think. The Joker with Geass, however...
Old 2008-08-09, 15:18   Link #2000
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The Joker in Geass wouldn't be as bad as you think. The Joker with Geass, however...
With or without Geass he would still be quite the menace simply for who he is he has no goal no plan no scheme he just does things.
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote