AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-10, 08:15   Link #12681
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

After revising the spoilers released so far (because I'm that bored)

You know Kamachi... When most authors claim a particular volume is going to be 'lighthearted' and comical- They usually go to the beach, or the swimming pool, or the onsen, or shopping, or karaoke, or the movies, or more fake dates where the girls fight over the guy... You know, Infinite Stratos stuff...

What they don't do, and this is important Kamachi, is that they don't threaten to drop a freaking floating fortress on top of their characters.

...You just couldn't help yourself could you.... -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
And on the release day no less... I'm starting to get nervous. Maybe the translators will post here if it's not up when they are done a part?
It's abit optimistic to think that the translators would start work on the first day right ?
Old 2011-08-10, 08:16   Link #12682
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

It's release day and I still can't find NT2 on amazona. Sonuvab-
Old 2011-08-10, 08:20   Link #12683
zaeraal

By forced apearance I meant all apearances that feel out of place.
Apearances that does not change story, that does not add anything new, only maybe expand Misaka's character.
It just feels odd, she is there getting all that foreshadowing with "her" Touma, which leads to her journey to Russia, where she is useless and now it will all be brushed aside by their meeting.
I just can't help it, it feels odd.

About how her apearance in Index changes railgun:
Everytime she apears in Index, her apearance in railgun gets restricted.

Take for example the sister arc which was retelling of existing story and latter till NT2 we know that nothing happened to her,
she did not have any further significant character changes (not counting her tsun tsun towards Touma),
we know where she was most of the time,
she wasn't fighting anything bigger than some midbosses maybe or nothing that had any bigger impact on Toaru world.
It takes away the thrill from "what could happen next".

That line I was talking about:
That line SHOULD be there, because it is a DIFFERENT story in the first place, it even has a different name.
What's the point in making another story with a different main character if the only intention is to expand the main story, he could have easily done this by making more SS stories.

My entire point:
I am not hating her fanbase, nor her as a character, I just want Kamachi to already decide where she should be.
I don't want him to be sitting on two chairs, because it only damages both Index and Railgun,
by either making her just into some useless plot-element for Touma in Index,
or retelling already said stories in Railgun.
Old 2011-08-10, 08:27   Link #12684
apsody243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
After revising the spoilers released so far (because I'm that bored)

You know Kamachi... When most authors claim a particular volume is going to be 'lighthearted' and comical- They usually go to the beach, or the swimming pool, or the onsen, or shopping, or karaoke, or the movies, or more fake dates where the girls fight over the guy... You know, Infinite Stratos stuff...

What they don't do, and this is important Kamachi, is that they don't threaten to drop a freaking floating fortress on top of their characters.

...You just couldn't help yourself could you.... -_-

It's abit optimistic to think that the translators would start work on the first day right ?
Now lets be honest, given what kind of stuff Touma and the gang usually have to face having a mere floating fortress dropped on top of their heads is the equivalent of a walk in the park or trip to the beach.
If this was a non lighthearted episode they would have the moon on a collision course with them.
Old 2011-08-10, 08:34   Link #12685
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
By forced apearance I meant all apearances that feel out of place.
Apearances that does not change story, that does not add anything new, only maybe expand Misaka's character.
It just feels odd, she is there getting all that foreshadowing with "her" Touma, which leads to her journey to Russia, where she is useless and now it will all be brushed aside by their meeting.
I just can't help it, it feels odd.
For god sake I've been through this like maybe a hundred million times, what would it take for you people to acknowledged that stopping a nuclear disaster is actually a PRETTY BIG DEAL?!

And by forced appearance you mean every little scene that involves her, cause god knows you'll never admit that she does anything meaningful.

And while we're at it, everybody else that's unrelated to Aleister's plan didn't do anything meaningful.

The whole Amakusa is pointless since they never contribute at all!

Quote:

Take for example the sister arc which was retelling of existing story and latter till NT2 we know that nothing happened to her,
she did not have any further significant character changes (not counting her tsun tsun towards Touma),
she wasn't fighting anything bigger than some midbosses maybe or nothing that had any bigger impact on Toaru world.
That's why... It's call... A SIDE STORY, and not... A Completely NEW series....

If he wanted a brand new story he would have used a brand new character. But even then it's still considered a side stOry because it's in the same world. And I call BS on your thrill excuse; even when we knew nothing wOuld happen to the characters, the situation was still tense. There are other things than the threat of death to use to build tension.

Quote:
That line I was talking about:
That line SHOULD be there, because it is a DIFFERENT story in the first place, it even has a different name.
What's the point in making another story with a different main character if the only intention is to expand the main story, he could have easily done this by making more SS stories.
It IS a side story.

Every single synopsis to Railgun starts by calling it a side story.

As long as it's the same world with familiar characters, it's always a side story, especially when it's running parallel to the original.

Quote:
My entire point:
I am not hating her fanbase, nor her as a character, I just want Kamachi to already decide where she should be.
I don't want him to be sitting on two chairs, because it only damages both Index and Railgun,
by either making her just into some useless plot-element for Touma in Index,
or retelling already said stories in Railgun.

...And there you have it kuroishinigami- their reasoning.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-08-10 at 08:50.
Old 2011-08-10, 08:43   Link #12686
Syed_Seinaru_Migi

Actually to put more simple, Kamachi must give Misaka more scene on Index to gain more acknowledge on her beside stopping a Nuclear warhead is really........
Old 2011-08-10, 08:43   Link #12687
Hono

Quote:
I've been fighting this problem for a pretty long time so I can tell you the main reasons why this is happening-

1. They don't like the hardcore fans of Mikoto claiming that Railgun is better than Index, overtime that hate gets transfer directly to the character of worship.

2. Forced appearance apparently means any time she appears in the middle of the story; for example- the numerous overseas phonecalls, the encounter outside the hospital, running into her during Fuse=Kazakiri's appearance. I had even gotten into an argument with a certain someone when apparently, forced appearance to him means appearing in the "between the lines" segments.

So yes, with that big a range of classification, naturally it seems that Mikoto has been butting in everywhere
Spoiler for this is so long:

Spoiler'd because that turned out longer than I thought it would.

Quote:
By forced apearance

This is just speculation on my part, but I'm assuming that whatever story Kamachi wants to write in Index takes precedence over any story he could write in Railgun.

Last edited by Hono; 2011-08-10 at 08:52. Reason: adding something else
Old 2011-08-10, 08:54   Link #12688
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed_Seinaru_Migi View Post
Actually to put more simple, Kamachi must give Misaka more scene on Index to gain more acknowledge on her beside stopping a Nuclear warhead is really........
It's not A nuclear warhead, it's EVERY nuclear warheads the soviets had stored up since the cold war, numbering into the thousands.

And if that isn't big enough, then no other character has done enough.

And so the moment Kamachi tries to do make her appear more, we have people saying it's too much.
Old 2011-08-10, 09:01   Link #12689
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Yes stopping Nuclear warheads is a big thing but I think Fiamma would just laugh them off or Gabriel would have done something.
Old 2011-08-10, 09:06   Link #12690
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Yes stopping Nuclear warheads is a big thing but I think Fiamma would just laugh them off or Gabriel would have done something.
Oh sure, it's not like all that nuclear fallout and radiation from that high altitude would ever be harmful to the rest of the world right? Who cares about those people right?

May I remind you that Fiamma's Holy Right is set to the negative emotions of the world? What happens when people start dying ? They kinda get a little emotional.

You know, this is the exact same shit I had to deal with when defending Yuuno in Nanoha, people just don't see beyond the big picture.
Old 2011-08-10, 09:07   Link #12691
Syed_Seinaru_Migi

Quote:
It's not A nuclear warhead, it's EVERY nuclear warheads the soviets had stored up since the cold war, numbering into the thousands.

And if that isn't big enough, then no other character has done enough.

And so the moment Kamachi tries to do make her appear more, we have people saying it's too much.
Well that really BIG DEAL for stopping those many Warheads........and still people didn't notice ...LOL...maybe they should experience self to stop those warhead to see it BIG DEAl or not......
Old 2011-08-10, 09:08   Link #12692
Plant42

Quote:

That reminds me of Kagami Takaya, He's also has an unexpectable writing style too.
For example Itsuka Tenma no Kurousagi Vol.5 "The Catastrophe of Summer Vacation". The title and a pre-release synopsis sounds like a lighthearted volume but in fact it was end up the most depressing volume that has released yet.

Quote:
It's release day and I still can't find NT2 on amazona. Sonuvab-
Ha ha so the goods has ran out just by the pre-ordering, the case like this seems to happened before but I can't remember exactly when.

BTW If you want it then I would suggest you to get it from Mangaoh instead.
http://www.mangaoh.co.jp/catalog/255721/

P.S. No wonder why this volume got such a low rating there(same as NT1) since both the NT volumes are quite disappointing for me too. I hope it will get better soon.
Old 2011-08-10, 09:10   Link #12693
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Oh sure, it's not like all that nuclear fallout and radiation from that high altitude would ever be harmful to the rest of the world right? Who cares about those people right?

May I remind you that Fiamma's Holy Right is set to the negative emotions of the world? What happens when people start dying ? They kinda get a little emotional.

You know, this is the exact same shit I had to deal with when defending Yuuno in Nanoha, people just don't see beyond the big picture.
It could be true if all of those nukes weren't aimed towards the Star where Fiamma was, you know the launch order was because of an angry and betrayed Nikolai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post
P.S. No wonder why this volume got such a low rating there(same as NT1) since both the NT volumes are quite disappointing for me too. I hope it will get better soon.
I'm not surprised too, I knew it since the synopsis was leaked with such somehow uninteresting contents.
Old 2011-08-10, 09:15   Link #12694
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
It could be true if all of those nukes weren't aimed towards the Star where Fiamma was, you know the launch order was because of an angry and betrayed Nikolai.
How does that change the fact that even if Fiamma and Gabriel doesn't die from the nukes, the world would still be in a pretty bad shape from tens of thousands of nuclear explosion going off? And all that panic and despair would fuel his Holy Right?
Old 2011-08-10, 09:17   Link #12695
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
How does that change the fact that even if Fiamma and Gabriel doesn't die from the nukes, the world would still be in a pretty bad shape from tens of thousands of nuclear explosion going off? And all that panic and despair would fuel his Holy Right?
I don't how well will work Gabriel but with Fiamma, those nukes would been turned into nothing, aftereffects included since those are harmful to the world, and without world he can't save anything.
Old 2011-08-10, 09:18   Link #12696
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:

Ha ha so the goods has ran out just by the pre-ordering, the case like this seems to happened before but I can't remember exactly when.

BTW If you want it then I would suggest you to get it from Mangaoh instead.
http://www.mangaoh.co.jp/catalog/255721/
Actually they weren't on amazon for pre-order at all. And thanks but I don't wanna use a site that's total japanese since I don't want to mess up any order or if something goes wrong there is no way for me to communicate.
Quote:
The spoilers given for this volume seem to make it much better than NT1.
Old 2011-08-10, 09:22   Link #12697
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
I never had a good opinion on Mikoto from the beginning. The way she is wrote makes her seem she is pretty much made ignorant... Read, I mean she's not ignorant but I do believe there are times she could've gotten involved with Touma's side of things and get to know that the world does not revolve around Academy City and their prowess, namedly The Esper Curriculum. She has had more chances than Accelerator or Shiage but somehow the plot will always call for her to go "Huh?" on magic while keeping her out of it, while Touma goes into life-threatening situations just to keep everyone safe, and that includes her. And with that said... I just can't help but think how tactless she is when she made the message to Touma about the penalty game; she really thinks he goes off to Italy to have REAL fun. Instead, Touma goes off to save more people... Again.

I just wish how she can realize that Touma has been doing way more than what she thinks.

... I think I can pretty much say that I think Mikoto's character and integration into the plot is by levels are much... Problematic.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2011-08-10, 09:31   Link #12698
Plant42

Quote:
Actually they weren't on amazon for pre-order at all. And thanks but I don't wanna use a site that's total japanese since I don't want to mess up any order or if something goes wrong there is no way for me to communicate.
This volume pop up in Amazon just a week before. I know cuz I always check there to see if it will got released before, like the previous volumes(except NT1) which always out 5 days early.
But the volume appears to remained in pre-ordering state till yesterday, and today It was ran out.
Old 2011-08-10, 09:31   Link #12699
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Actually never mind. Gonna buy it from where Plant42 and Xelloss told me about.
Old 2011-08-10, 09:33   Link #12700
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
This volume pop up in Amazon just a week before. I know cuz I always check there to see if it will got released before, like the previous volumes(except NT1) which always out 5 days early.
But the volume appears to remained in pre-ordering state till yesterday, and today It was ran out.
Me and someone else actually kept looking for it for a while but Xelloss told me that he could only find it at the site you sent me to.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen