AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-20, 11:02   Link #1741
Team Rocket Elite

Nice job Yuu. 18 wins in a row with a guarantee of 20 and 6 character in the Top 8 for the Saki fanbase. Sanya wasn't even able to get that close to Yuu. It probably would have been futile to try anyways.

Nothing but Saki for today and tomorrow. For this match we've got an in-universe match between Kirame and Kuro. Kuro has had higher vote totals and overall better performances in Saimoe. Funami Yui got a bit too close to Kirame for my liking. Also, Kuro just feels like she should be higher up on the Saki chain than Kirame. Kuro should win this one.

Vote:
Matsumi Kuro

Prediction:
Matsumi Kuro
Old 2012-10-20, 11:02   Link #1742
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Guesses...
...Kuro.

Old 2012-10-20, 17:27   Link #1743
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler:
Old 2012-10-20, 18:18   Link #1744
timbits
Harem Lead

It's over. 6 of 8 quarter finalists are now guaranteed to be saki. While I do like saki, this just makes everything no fun at all anymore. Even worse is that there's no way the other two can even come close to challenging for the title.
Old 2012-10-20, 19:03   Link #1745
Hachiko
The Akita

Spoiler for Das Obvious Schadenfreude.:

Well, Ichuki called it. 48 to 36 now, in favor of Kuro, according to the Ando.
Old 2012-10-20, 19:07   Link #1746
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by timbits View Post
It's over. 6 of 8 quarter finalists are now guaranteed to be saki. While I do like saki, this just makes everything no fun at all anymore. Even worse is that there's no way the other two can even come close to challenging for the title.
Well, honestly, I consider Louise the most annoying of the KugRie tsunderes, so I have no great desire to see her do well anyway.

Shana is my favorite of the KugRie tsunderes, though, so if she was to somehow pull off a miracle here, I'd be happy with that.

Before this tournament began, my hope was that a Saki girl, or Shana, or Eru Chitanda, would win it all. The good news for me personally is that it looks like I'm going to get my hope realized there.
Old 2012-10-20, 20:38   Link #1747
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I'm happy as long as
1| Shana wins over Sena who blatantly cheated in the group stage but got her case completely ignored since 2ch loves her boobs.
2| Nodoka, Hisa or Sena don't win the tournament.
3| Either Shana or Toki win the whole thing.
Old 2012-10-20, 20:50   Link #1748
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Yep I agree even though I have an opposite opinion from you when it comes to Saki.
Old 2012-10-20, 21:57   Link #1749
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
It is good to know that the Saki series has secured the championship well before it even happens. Now, it's just a matter of who.
Old 2012-10-20, 22:22   Link #1750
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I'm happy as long as
1| Shana wins over Sena who blatantly cheated in the group stage but got her case completely ignored since 2ch loves her boobs.
Can you elaborate on this? What exactly happened to Sena's match? Is it the whole cellphone incident thing again like with Mikoto/Tenshi in 2011 and Saten in 2010? I'm really curious because her votes weren't exactly that high.
Old 2012-10-20, 23:52   Link #1751
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

I see a lot of cryin', yet no one remembers how well Team Saki performs after the block finals.

It still could be Sena/Shana/Louise's year.
Old 2012-10-21, 00:22   Link #1752
Team Rocket Elite

In previous years Saki characters didn't lose because they do badly after Block Finals. They lost because it took until after the Block Finals for all of them to face an opponent they couldn't beat. When Top 8 matches started, you could point to characters that the Saki characters would have trouble with. This year you can't. We've already seen frontrunners like Akari and Ririchiyo go after Saki. Toki and Kuro crushed them. In previous matches, Louise, Shana and Sena have all already had to struggle with opponents far weaker than the top end Saki characters. If a miracle upset is to happen, those characters need to get stronger themselves. Waiting around for Saki to magically collapse in the semifinals isn't going to get them anywhere.
Old 2012-10-21, 02:17   Link #1753
seemmeriast

Quote:
The same goes for me. In 2009, I was sad when Kana and Momo lost (or Saki could get 6/8 then), but now I know that 6/8 really is no fun at all.

My best year so far is 2010, the year without any domination, resulting in a very diverse set of Top 8 (plus I personally like all of them). I started to get bored last year when the number of votes became so low and then Madoka got 3/4 in semifinals, but this year is even worse than that.
Old 2012-10-21, 04:11   Link #1754
JW1

I think it was always clear that Toki was going to be hard to beat. What has surprised me is how strong the other Saki characters have been, particularly the ones like Hisa that hardly figured in the recent series at all. Or is it just that the opposition is particularly weak this year? In the end, for example, for all the talk about Akarin being a serious contender, she was brushed aside by Toki as if she wasn't even there...
Old 2012-10-21, 04:47   Link #1755
stormtrooper

The opposition is weak this year. It's clear when the aces of the other series lost too early or in the 3rd round. Their teammates might have lost in the Prelims. The opposition played right into Saki's game so we are seeing it right now, 6 Saki reps will be in the top 8. 2 of the 6 are sure to make it in the Semifinals. The Saki group pretty much dictated this year. It's time for the opposition to step up to the plate.
Old 2012-10-21, 04:52   Link #1756
Hachiko
The Akita

Only a few more hours to go, and Kuro still hasn't cracked 100 unofficial votes on the Ando. Mercy.

Spoiler for How to tip a cow over.:

EDIT: NOW she has.
Old 2012-10-21, 06:12   Link #1757
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

I'd say Kuro is my pick for this match, but then it's only because of the HanaKana factor...

I see this match is in an even more sorry state than the last with these vote totals. Perhaps we can expect similar, or even lower vote totals for the one after this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seemmeriast View Post
but this year is even worse than that.
Madokami forbid that Team Saki would break yet another record should they get all 4 Semifinal slots after QF. Might as well declare the unofficial cancellation of Saimoe 2012 if that happens. I realize I'm not exactly qualified to say that but that's what I wanted to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I'm happy as long as
Similar to ahelo, I'd like to know more details about this, too.
Old 2012-10-21, 06:39   Link #1758
RJ TAYLER

This is looking more like a cricket batting partnership graph, in a slow game, than a Saimoe vote tally. Someone mow the grass on this one please!
Old 2012-10-21, 07:23   Link #1759
JW1

Having got their 6 of 8, I guess the Saki faction don't much care now. Kuro or Kirame, they're only choosing a runner-up anyway.
Old 2012-10-21, 07:46   Link #1760
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ TAYLER View Post
This is looking more like a cricket batting partnership graph, in a slow game, than a Saimoe vote tally. Someone mow the grass on this one please!
Are we going with the customary 50 overs in this One Day Saimoenternational? And is Kuro currently batting second? I think we're an hour-plus away from stumps...

By the way, Japan actually has one of these... Ironically, the United States is better than Japan in this sport. Believe it or not. And even more odd...

Spoiler:

Tags
2012, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament