AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-02-16, 17:52   Link #29061
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Well I was not sure whether you were going to mod the proportions as you did not explicitly say so (the proportions are the biggest hits agains these kits, the articulation is fine, I have seen HGUCs with worse lol)

Oh and if you could please post pics of your WIP with the modding, I take interest in seeing how ppl do it as my skills in such are nonexistent ^^
I usually end up not taking any pictures. I will keep your request in mind though. In terms of proportions, it won't matter much. I'm going to be cutting up the legs and making moving armor pieces, like RG/MG kits. I won't build complete inner frames, but I will do scratch built pieces, where it's visible. Along with Leds. I'm going to mod "all" of my hgs to run leds. Using Clear resin casting for eye parts, and other pieces, that I want to light.

Oh.. One very special piece is the tallgeese III. I have a 90s hg 1/144. I'm going to tear it down, resin cast parts for other kits that I like, scratch build, and turn it into a gundam. It's going to be awesome!
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 21:03   Link #29062
Sworra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providenceangle View Post
I usually end up not taking any pictures. I will keep your request in mind though. In terms of proportions, it won't matter much. I'm going to be cutting up the legs and making moving armor pieces, like RG/MG kits. I won't build complete inner frames, but I will do scratch built pieces, where it's visible. Along with Leds. I'm going to mod "all" of my hgs to run leds. Using Clear resin casting for eye parts, and other pieces, that I want to light.

Oh.. One very special piece is the tallgeese III. I have a 90s hg 1/144. I'm going to tear it down, resin cast parts for other kits that I like, scratch build, and turn it into a gundam. It's going to be awesome!
Looking forward to seeing your skills in action.
Old 2013-02-17, 14:59   Link #29063
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
Looking forward to seeing your skills in action.
I need to order some new silicon for molds. Until then, I won't be doing any work, other then test fitting each kit.

Just built the RG RX-78... Man! My mind is blown right now. It wasn't as big a surprised, because I've already built the Freedom but... Once I got to the core fighter, I turned 9 years old again lol. Anyone who hasn't got this kit, you "need" to.
Old 2013-02-17, 15:47   Link #29064
Skye629

Quote:
I need to order some new silicon for molds. Until then, I won't be doing any work, other then test fitting each kit.

Just built the RG RX-78... Man! My mind is blown right now. It wasn't as big a surprised, because I've already built the Freedom but... Once I got to the core fighter, I turned 9 years old again lol. Anyone who hasn't got this kit, you "need" to.
How do you guys test git kits? Im deathly scared of taking parts apart and breaking stuff
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 16:25   Link #29065
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
How do you guys test git kits? Im deathly scared of taking parts apart and breaking stuff
Cut the pins inside on an angle, roughly half way. Some pins can be removed completely as well.(This is a experience thing. I goes by the kit.) You can also take a pin drill and drill behind pieces you can't cut tabs off of, such as vents and other small parts, usually hidden inside where you won't see the drill hole. The hole behind it, will allow you to push the part out.

Now that being said... It's not a good idea to do that on RG kits. They are easy to come apart, and don't require you to do this.

The most important thing to understand is, when you're building, don't put pieces, you know aren't going to come out.

Example:

As you can see, the scope detail piece, will not come out, once placed. I could drill out the back and putty it shut but, experience has taught me, to not put the piece in.

Just a little toss in of my RG MKII inner frame:

Last edited by Providenceangle; 2013-02-17 at 17:35.
Old 2013-02-18, 06:46   Link #29066
Skye629

Quote:
Cut the pins inside on an angle, roughly half way. Some pins can be removed completely as well.(This is a experience thing. I goes by the kit.) You can also take a pin drill and drill behind pieces you can't cut tabs off of, such as vents and other small parts, usually hidden inside where you won't see the drill hole. The hole behind it, will allow you to push the part out.

Now that being said... It's not a good idea to do that on RG kits. They are easy to come apart, and don't require you to do this.

The most important thing to understand is, when you're building, don't put pieces, you know aren't going to come out.

Example:

As you can see, the scope detail piece, will not come out, once placed. I could drill out the back and putty it shut but, experience has taught me, to not put the piece in.

Just a little toss in of my RG MKII inner frame:
Ah ok thanks for the tips! I have broken several pieces on occasion out of impatience for putting parts together lol
Old 2013-02-18, 07:52   Link #29067
Zeydra
A random passerby

Box art for the Banshee Norn is out.

That is one awesome looking cover. I still think it looks like a shark though. I know that it's supposed to be based on a lion, but my mind just keeps thinking shark when I see the Norn upgrades.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 08:56   Link #29068
maknaedik

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...7142695&type=1

Aegis DONE! )))))

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 09:02   Link #29069
suiton629
Master Grade Master

It's official! I'm also getting the MG Heavyams EW thanks to a good friend of mine. And of course I told him to get it through my favorite dudes, GG infinite.
Old 2013-02-18, 09:58   Link #29070
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
It's official! I'm also getting the MG Heavyams EW thanks to a good friend of mine. And of course I told him to get it through my favorite dudes, GG infinite.
Why do you always bring up GG Infinite? You on the pay roll? No need to spam.
Old 2013-02-18, 10:02   Link #29071
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
No? Do I have to be on their pay roll to bring them up? I usually shop with GG Infinite because I like their super fast shipping speeds, friendly service, availability of the stuff I want, etc.

Plus they have that promo thing going on where you get a big discount, and you pretty much always get a $5 off coupon code with your orders each time.
Old 2013-02-18, 13:08   Link #29072
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
She brings them up as often as her wishlists
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 18:29   Link #29073
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeydra View Post
Box art for the Banshee Norn is out.

That is one awesome looking cover. I still think it looks like a shark though. I know that it's supposed to be based on a lion, but my mind just keeps thinking shark when I see the Norn upgrades.
Gaaaaaaahhhhh my walllleetttttt

Can anyone read the japanese premium thing by the bandai logo? What does it say?

Shin Matsunaga's Zaku boxart:

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2013/0...matsunaga.html
Old 2013-02-18, 18:40   Link #29074
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
No? Do I have to be on their pay roll to bring them up? I usually shop with GG Infinite because I like their super fast shipping speeds, friendly service, availability of the stuff I want, etc.

Plus they have that promo thing going on where you get a big discount, and you pretty much always get a $5 off coupon code with your orders each time.
I get 45 and more off where I shop. I don't advertize for them. They already get my money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
She brings them up as often as her wishlists
On every site, I've noticed lol.
Old 2013-02-18, 20:55   Link #29075
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Who is she?
Old 2013-02-19, 00:26   Link #29076
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
I get 45 and more off where I shop. I don't advertize for them. They already get my money.

On every site, I've noticed lol.
you noticed that too? LOL. awesome.

Model related:

well, i was going to upload some pictures of MG AS Duel, but the pictures came out so crappy i'm just going to talk about my scopedog red shoulder custom instead.

it looks great. But the stickers can go to hell, i cant even get them off the bloody sticker plate, lol. I think i'm going to go for a battle scarred custom on the scopedog, it does need some painting to get rid of that godaweful light blue/green color it has :/
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 04:08   Link #29077
Zeydra
A random passerby

Well, got another kit and an action base today. After the Zeydra I decided to get it a friend, the Age-2 Double Bullet to be exact.

Already had a flick through the plates and it looks like it's going to be another quality Age kit, I love the fact it comes with such long Beam sabres though, they're going to look great in the wings.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 04:55   Link #29078
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
It looks clean and nicely pink ^^. Looking at it from your photos it appears that you applied the decals well. There’s no trouble with them isn’t it? As for me, when I finally build my Aegis, I don’t think I will apply much of the decals. Unlike Duel, I think many decals on Aegis will actually soil the beauty of the kit (just like Blitz). I might apply those “line decals” on the shoulders and arms but that’s it for me. Oh, also from your photos, it looks like you were having a bit of a problem posing it. Is it true?

Speaking of Aegis, I recently checking out RD Aegis (I never bothered doing that with SEED RDs before). What I found is that the design of it is really appealing. It’s still true to the anime’s simple design while at the same time adding some nice details and style on it. Some may call me blasphemers for saying this but I think I like RD Aegis’ design a bit more than the MG Aegis.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Unlike RD Strike or Duel, the stylized torso and shoulders of RD Aegis (as well as the overall design) just scream “cool” to me. The yellow beam-blades on the arms also look better since it leans more forward compared to the MG imo. I’m seriously considering getting it while ignoring the other GAT-X RDs, especially since RD Blitz is online exclusive with high price and nothing special to offer.
Old 2013-02-19, 06:24   Link #29079
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
It looks clean and nicely pink ^^. Looking at it from your photos it appears that you applied the decals well. There’s no trouble with them isn’t it? As for me, when I finally build my Aegis, I don’t think I will apply much of the decals. Unlike Duel, I think many decals on Aegis will actually soil the beauty of the kit (just like Blitz). I might apply those “line decals” on the shoulders and arms but that’s it for me. Oh, also from your photos, it looks like you were having a bit of a problem posing it. Is it true?

Speaking of Aegis, I recently checking out RD Aegis (I never bothered doing that with SEED RDs before). What I found is that the design of it is really appealing. It’s still true to the anime’s simple design while at the same time adding some nice details and style on it. Some may call me blasphemers for saying this but I think I like RD Aegis’ design a bit more than the MG Aegis.
Images
Unlike RD Strike or Duel, the stylized torso and shoulders of RD Aegis (as well as the overall design) just scream “cool” to me. The yellow beam-blades on the arms also look better since it leans more forward compared to the MG imo. I’m seriously considering getting it while ignoring the other GAT-X RDs, especially since RD Blitz is online exclusive with high price and nothing special to offer.
I bought aftermarket wateslide decals from a local reseller here. They're way better compared to the last set of decals I bought from them. The reason I bought two sets of Aegis'. It's good. Notice that the decals are gray and not blue?

Nope, posing isn't hard. I just limit the poses I do so I won't get any scratches. There are a lot of falling armor parts, which surprised me since to the whole course of KrowSama's review of Aegis, there's never a single time an armor part fell off.

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 07:27   Link #29080
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post

Images
I agree that RD Aegis looks really good, but it does not transform, a negative point for me.

As for RD strike and duel, Strike aint the best RD, but Duel is FANTASTIC! Especially without it's armor, it's a sleak, fast looking close combat suit.

As for blitz, I wish there would never be an excluisive item ever again!!! It's just to torture us fans who do not live in japan!
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy