AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-07-24, 02:35   Link #41
bludvein

I think I read this a couple years ago, but I had completely forgotten about it until I stumbled onto this thread. The name seemed familiar so I looked it up and ended up catching up to current.

A rather good series, even if there is not much out.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 04:10   Link #42
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Read this a little bit before running out of steam. After chapter and a half, it reminded me of Onizuka Sensei to a certain degree.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 08:45   Link #43
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
The raw already reach chapter 13 anyway, so O guess it's just a matter of the scanlator had other more important business rather than scarcity of new chapter.
Well, that'd be one of the reasons. But sadly, this series has the worst schedule, even though it's one of the best manga I've read so far.

Right now, this is being scanlated with HQ raws, (no the ones of JCafe) so I think it's only matter of time to get some English releases.

I think the scanlator has another things (RL, Haganai, etc), and it's no use to release a bunch of chapters when you will have to wait for more after a long time.

---

About the series, my favorite female character is Aoi. I hope to see more of her after all the interaction with Haruka (she and Tomonaga go to a date, though Yuu doesn't think that's a date IIRC).
Syokool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 02:13   Link #44
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

New chapter out.....

Spoiler:
Old 2012-10-28, 02:56   Link #45
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Spoiler for 8:

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 03:06   Link #46
Shadow5YA

What exactly was Yuu researching anyway?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 03:28   Link #47
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Spoiler for 8:
Spoiler for ch. 8:
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 13:18   Link #48
XeroFyction

I stumbled upon this manga and really don't know what to make of it. On one hand I'm intrigued by the premise of a young adult attempting to guide teenagers less intellectually mature than himself. On the other hand I'm grown and the high school girls' constant scheming for attention disgusts me.

Having said that let's discuss chapter 9....

Spoiler for Spoiler for Chapter 9:

Spoiler for Nerd Rage:

Last edited by XeroFyction; 2012-12-13 at 13:32. Reason: I needed to edit something I said.
XeroFyction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 13:54   Link #49
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
What?

I have no idea someone would ever think of that.

All what happened in this chapter is much more simple, the professor simply stopped helping his research so that he could continue and publish it as his own.

Haruka couldn't do anything right at this point let alone successfully blackmailing him. She did try to annoy Yuu at first but it was a mere childish attempt and nothing sort that would lead up to blackmail.

Also Hitose hasn't even come through her own trouble at trying to show that she's actually smart to her mother... why would she carved her path to his academic world if she couldn't even got past that in the first place?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 17:27   Link #50
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroFyction View Post
I stumbled upon this manga and really don't know what to make of it. On one hand I'm intrigued by the premise of a young adult attempting to guide teenagers less intellectually mature than himself. On the other hand I'm grown and the high school girls' constant scheming for attention disgusts me.

Having said that let's discuss chapter 9....

Spoiler for Spoiler for Chapter 9:

Spoiler for Nerd Rage:
Your comprehension is poor.

First, Hirose has no idea about Yuu's research. She can barely acknowledge her talents in front of her mother. Why would she try to get ahead if she doesn't have the courage to act smart in front of anyone else?
If anyone plagiarized it, it was most likely Yuu's professor, which is why he went to America to confront him.

Second, Onada has no interest in Tohno. There's nothing pedophilic about it. On the flipside, there's still nothing wrong with Tohno liking Onada, considering he's an older, legal adult. Your views are highly sheltered if you think attraction to a person older than your own age is morally wrong.

Finally, Haruka is too innocent at this point to be even capable of blackmail. She can barely ask him out.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 17:31   Link #51
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Finally, Haruka is too innocent at this point to be even capable of blackmail. She can barely ask him out.
True and her shy nature makes it hard for the guy to notice what she's thinking or make her feelings known. Plus the dude is too obsessed with getting his research started to care about romance at the moment. This could take awhile for the two of them. I really hope they meet up during the holidays in anyway shape or form.
Old 2012-12-13, 23:35   Link #52
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

The revelation in chapter 9 puts Leon's action in a completely new light.

Back in chapter 8 I thought he was just being an asshole, but now I see he was trying to jolt Yuu into paying attention to his research again before the Professor gets to steal it.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 01:31   Link #53
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Vexed has released the 2 bonus chapters of Volume 2 along with the author's words.

Just a little reminder of why Yurine is the best girl.
Old 2013-02-21, 02:09   Link #54
Sumeragi
Banned

Need to read this when I have the time.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 03:37   Link #55
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

LOL at that Colonel statue

From the main 4 girls group, I like......... Gah, forgot her name, the glasses fujoushi girl. And I thought romance will take major part of the story ^^;
Old 2013-03-21, 03:42   Link #56
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Just started reading this ^^ the nerd girl is awesome so cute

It sure took alot for that perv teacher to get fired...all it should take is talking to the principle, not to mention she had a damn recording and they still did nothing until it went public...well i guess this is a manga not RL
Old 2013-06-19, 01:04   Link #57
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

So, a new chapter has been released

Spoiler:

Last edited by Flower; 2013-11-22 at 08:36. Reason: Best not to make specific mention of sources, ok? Thanks. ^^
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 11:16   Link #58
Tenzen12

So this manga had thread! That's great.

I usualy prefere strongwilled and proactive girls, but in this case I root for Aoi subtle platonic relationship which looks very natural to me.

But thanks to Toono I can properly root for proactive girl too. I realy loled when Yuu warned Onoda avoid dark alleys and I think he should take this advice to hearth.

And next chapter is "date", see you in three months.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 11:22   Link #59
finalfury
Incognito

For what its worth, I think this manga is really underrated due to the successes that are GTO, Negima and to a lesser degree, Dragon Zakura.
If it wasn't quarterly released, I'm sure that it would be much more popular. I'm happy that new chapters are coming out. Aoi fan #1.
Has there been a trope that established a genius girl acting dumb for specific reasons, cause Aoi just made it into that list if there is one.

Last edited by finalfury; 2013-06-19 at 11:39.
finalfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 14:29   Link #60
Tenzen12

I forgot mention before but I would find interesting if this manga continued behind borders of high school too. All of them might end in america as student , researcher and model respectively.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2013-06-19 at 23:46.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character development, romance, seinen, shounen