AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2012-03-09, 16:24   Link #101
FireChick

There's an Italian dub already? I wonder where I can find it?
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 17:27   Link #102
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Amazon italy
Old 2012-03-11, 06:51   Link #103
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
There's an Italian dub already? I wonder where I can find it?
The anime is being broadcasted at the moment. The first BD will ship next week.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 23:16   Link #104
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Just watched Kyouko's voice video, and I simply adore her voice.
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 14:18   Link #105
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Cristina Vee as Homura? I approve
SRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 15:31   Link #106
superslinger2007

More voice actress references... but something's up.

Old 2012-04-07, 08:38   Link #107
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Watched the ep5 dub premiere on niconico.

I love the Eng. dub.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 13:24   Link #108
KoiYuki

I've only watched the dub of episodes 1 & 5, but.. I'm not really too impressed, to be honest. I normally really like dubs, even if they're just kinda average, but some of the voices from what I've heard here aren't too great, imo (though to be fair, it was only two episodes and I'll need to watch the rest to really have an opinion).

In episode 5, Sayaka, Kyouko, and Kyuubee all spoke pretty much in a row, and they just sounded like the same person doing three different voices. That's not to say that I dislike their voices, because I actually really think Sayaka and Kyouko have good voices, but they just sound so similar.

Kyuubee.. well, it sounds fine by pitch and all that, but something just feels a bit off still, and I'm not sure what that is.

Homura is probably my favorite of them all, and I don't really have any complaints about her, but I'm waiting to see if she'll make-or-break the dub with episode 10.

The one that bothers me the most is Madoka.. It just sounds kinda forced, and like she's trying too hard to be cute, and everything she says makes her sound nervous to me.
And Kyousuke.. well, I know he was voiced by a girl in Japanese, but he just sounds completely like a woman in the English dub. There's just something that doesn't translate well from Japanese dubs to English like that.. girls voicing guys just sounds kind of odd in English to me, unless the male character is 13 or under.
KoiYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 13:25   Link #109
superslinger2007

Same here. However, there's also the fact I have to deal with the unfamiliarity of Kyoko's and Sayaka's voice actresses (even though the former is in BlazBlue, a game (series) I never played).

Does anyone else out there think there are similarities between Kyubey's and Ritsu's voices? (In particular? And of course disregarding the April Fools video above?)
...I thought so.

Last edited by superslinger2007; 2012-04-08 at 02:13. Reason: I thought so.
superslinger2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 13:44   Link #110
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoiYuki View Post
And Kyousuke.. well, I know he was voiced by a girl in Japanese, but he just sounds completely like a woman in the English dub. There's just something that doesn't translate well from Japanese dubs to English like that.. girls voicing guys just sounds kind of odd in English to me, unless the male character is 13 or under.
Huh, I thought Kyousuke was just around that age...
As to Madoka, it seems to me that the problem lies in specifics of Aoi Yuuki's voice. They give her characters the feel that is hard to reproduce properly. Maybe they shouldn't even try, since that only seems to lead to verging on unnecessary falcetto at times. Maybe it would be wiser to go for a not totally similar in sound but adequate modest/shy schoolgirl voice (Violet from The Incredibles comes to mind, but YMMV on how fitting this example may be).
Old 2012-04-09, 20:33   Link #111
KoiYuki

Well, he's in Madoka's class, isn't he? And I'm pretty sure she was 15, so he would be 14-16 too, depending on what grade they're even in.

I could just be getting the age wrong in the first place though.
KoiYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 20:48   Link #112
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoiYuki View Post
Well, he's in Madoka's class, isn't he? And I'm pretty sure she was 15
She's 14
Kamijou is 13 or 14

They're in the second year of japanese middle school (8th grade in the US)
Old 2012-04-14, 05:23   Link #113
Snork
Twilight lander

Quote:
Well, he's in Madoka's class, isn't he?
That's news to me.

meaning he spends the day in the same classroom as Sayaka and can't find a minute to say hello?
Old 2012-04-14, 10:09   Link #114
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snork View Post
That's news to me.

meaning he spends the day in the same classroom as Sayaka and can't find a minute to say hello?
Well, in fairness to Kamijou, he was out of school (and in the hospital) until Episode 7. Not long after he returned, Sayaka was no longer in school.

Kamijou and Sayaka only spent one day in school together during the entirety of Madoka Magica. Granted he could have been nicer to her on that one day...
Old 2012-04-14, 11:29   Link #115
GDB

Though I recall him being mobbed by everyone else in the class during that one day, and Sayaka just being off to the side like "Yeah... that's because of me... I'm happy... damnit..."
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 11:33   Link #116
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

If she told him that she was responsible... The PSP Sayaka bad ending would happen.
Old 2012-04-14, 12:51   Link #117
Snork
Twilight lander

It was discussed many times that before the only episode when he and Sayaka are together at school, Kamijou presumably never even contacted her. Including a simple call to inform her that he's leaving hospital and save her the trouble of going there as usual (as mere politeness would demand). And on that very day, I believe they had more than one break - or had the girls from the whole school joined the queue to greet him? Sayaka may have been reluctant to initialize a conversation (being concerned about her predicament and all), but if he spent one or two days at home plus a day at school being too mobbed and caught up in his regained abilities to pay attention to the friend who had been visiting and supporting him on an almost daily basis... That's just cheap. Forget romance, the word of god has long confirmed it didn't bother our violinist - but your friend cared for you while you were crippled and bed-ridden, and now that you're wondrouly all well, the said friend notably decreases in priority? Meh.

Sorry for straying offtopic, I tend to get carried away on this subject. I'll take further discussions to Sayaka thread if there are any.
Old 2012-04-14, 13:18   Link #118
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Well, a few possibilities:

1. Kamijo was a minor celebrity at his school (this would fit with how he was mobbed by all of his male classmates when he got back, as GDB pointed out). Kamijo may have also had a lot of female admirers. For all we know, maybe Hitomi was also visiting him in the hospital. Maybe some other girls in Sayaka's class were visiting him. If so, Sayaka was just one of Kamijo's fangirls and/or casual friends to him (albeit the most passionate one, it stands to reason).

2. Kamijo did some really heavy anti-depressants to try to cope with the loss of his musical ability. This is reflected in how lowkey he seems in most scenes. With his mind so warped and "calmed" by drugs, the guy goes into a bit of a shell, no longer 'with it' enough to show just reasonable amounts of gratitude to other people.

tl;dr Kamijo is Tokiomi Tohsaka.

3. Kamijo has a huge sense of entitlement, maybe due to being complimented and praised a lot as a young musical prodigy. Sayaka is merely giving him the praise and attention that this glorious artiste deserves, is what he thinks. Why, she's just a commoner who rightfully knows her place. It's worth showing her a smidgen of friendliness, but the rightful King of Violins has no more time for her than that. Ah, here comes the rich refined girl Hitomi, a suitable mate for his high-society self.

tl;dr Kamijo is Gilgamesh.

4. Kamijo is just a jerk.

Feel free to take your pick, folks!
Old 2012-04-14, 13:31   Link #119
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Kamijou as Gilgamesh and Sayaka as Saber. Yep. Hitomi as Queen of Conqerors (maid and butler army, Ionion Hetairoi)
Old 2012-04-18, 05:27   Link #120
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Kyouko's voice is awesome.
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote