AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2021-01-13, 20:28   Link #1
LKK

Log Horizon Third Season - Anime Episode Discussion

This thread is for the discussion of the third season of Log Horizon. For the moment, all episodes' discussion will occur on this single thread until further notice. Below are some posting guidelines to remember.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.

If you are a source material reader and want to speculate about the adaptation's future content (or compare current content), please go this thread.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-13, 21:57   Link #2
Wandering Soul

Feels weird having Log Horizon back without the iconic database opening. Not much to say about this episode as it was mostly set up.
Old 2021-01-13, 22:55   Link #3
Friday
Im shy too...

ok im here!!!!!!!
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-14, 02:00   Link #4
magnuskn

Aaaah, I've been waiting for this sooo loooong! So happy that this show is back!

And lots of politics, lots of character stuff, lots of those characters I've missed so much. Man, I'm happy Log Horizon is back. Even if the new opening song is ass. Gimme back my Database!

Anyway, Rayneshia needs to get over her doormat syndrome, stat. At least she was able to call Akatsuki out on her dallying about in regards to Shiroe, hopefully that conversation starts some movement for both of them.
Old 2021-01-14, 08:19   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Was this Eins guy an important character before now? I don't even remember him.
Old 2021-01-14, 08:29   Link #6
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
And that's why he's decided to change sides. He gets no respect.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-14, 08:32   Link #7
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Did you forget the Communist vs Capitalism debate on the past season? Basically he is concerned about several adventurers in Akiba that live in total poverty and do almost nothing all day as they are depressed by the situation and don't see any way to get a comfortable life in the DATABASE in that world.

Meanwhile the merchant guilds through the monopoly of various secret recipes to create stuff make a ton of money (this is something that Shiroe started, after all, by making food before anyone else figured out how).

So Eins kept proposing various policies to change the situation, he proposed taxes, he proposed to force the guilds to share some of their recipes. But most of the members of the council are people that made it big by working hard and some of them are leaders of merchant guilds and they flatly said: "hell no".

Even in this latest episode you've seen Eins arguing against the leader of the major merchant guild as he's the one that has the most to lose if Eins' proposal were to pass.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-14, 20:57   Link #8
Twi

That's an interesting dynamic. The only issue is that in a world where gold is easy to come buy and you can do nearly anything, no matter what support he provides it would never be enough because their problem isn't a lack of ability but no way of coping with their circumstance.
Old 2021-01-15, 06:16   Link #9
Friday
Im shy too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
(this is something that Shiroe started, after all, by making food before anyone else figured out how).
it was Nyanta show Shiroe Naotsugu and Akatsuki how to cook meals properly and skills required to make it
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-15, 07:52   Link #10
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Did you forget the Communist vs Capitalism debate on the past season? Basically he is concerned about several adventurers in Akiba that live in total poverty and do almost nothing all day as they are depressed by the situation and don't see any way to get a comfortable life in the DATABASE in that world.

Meanwhile the merchant guilds through the monopoly of various secret recipes to create stuff make a ton of money (this is something that Shiroe started, after all, by making food before anyone else figured out how).

So Eins kept proposing various policies to change the situation, he proposed taxes, he proposed to force the guilds to share some of their recipes. But most of the members of the council are people that made it big by working hard and some of them are leaders of merchant guilds and they flatly said: "hell no".

Even in this latest episode you've seen Eins arguing against the leader of the major merchant guild as he's the one that has the most to lose if Eins' proposal were to pass.
I've forgotten, yes. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 2021-01-15, 08:19   Link #11
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
it was Nyanta show Shiroe Naotsugu and Akatsuki how to cook meals properly and skills required to make it
Yes, but it was Shiroe who realized he could make a profit out of it. Nyanta didn't even consider that.

Old 2021-01-15, 23:46   Link #12
Twi

I did a semi review of the episode. I like the return is starting off strong by presenting all the issues present and I can really understand where Eins is coming from, but at the same time I kind of agree with why they aren't going along with it.
Old 2021-01-16, 05:56   Link #13
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

They need Crusty to come back
Shiroe is never a charismatic guy because of his so-so social skills
Without Crusty, I think they'll face so many hardships

but Eins is little bit weird since beginning. He doesn't stand out much despite holding so many members

To make a separate deal with People of the Land is a betrayal from Round Table
He is going to be a dictator, isn't it?
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-16, 06:18   Link #14
magnuskn

Not sure how he would pull this off, given that he only has his guild and troops of the People of the Land, which are worthless against adventurers.
Old 2021-01-16, 06:27   Link #15
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Wasn't there something about some other guild which runs the city that ennobled him?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-16, 11:30   Link #16
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

More explicit romance between Shiroe and Akatsuki this season? The end of the OP shows them together at the front of the cast, not to mention the conversation with the Princess.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-16, 23:30   Link #17
velvet nightmare

what's also strange is how westelande can just waltz in and claim dominion of the city and simply give ownership of the entire place to Eins.
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-17, 04:00   Link #18
magnuskn

Yeah, they can't. They'll probably do some political shenanigans, but given that the adventurers can just go "Bruh" and kick them out (being immortal demi-gods compared to the mortal People of the Land), it's just a symbolic title. At least so far, maybe the guys from that other adventurer city have something manipulation of game mechanics up their sleeve.
Old 2021-01-17, 07:58   Link #19
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
what's also strange is how westelande can just waltz in and claim dominion of the city and simply give ownership of the entire place to Eins.
Wait, is that what happened? I thought they just gave a title to Eins and he simply put the Wastelande flag on his estate.

Old 2021-01-17, 09:57   Link #20
magnuskn

Quote:
Wait, is that what happened? I thought they just gave a title to Eins and he simply put the Wastelande flag on his estate.
Yeah, your description is what happened, AFAIK. Could be the Westerlande will tryto claim dominion next episode, but so far its just symbolic.