AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-10-12, 20:31   Link #6041
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

This is quite amusing as well...

Old 2010-10-12, 23:08   Link #6042
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooves View Post
This is quite amusing as well...

XENOS! Purge the unclean!!

Lol. I guess the Alliance is the Imperium of Man according to people in EU.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2010-10-12 at 23:18.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 01:05   Link #6043
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I wonder if that will have to do with a mini-civil war event or something...or if the GMs were just messing with people.
Old 2010-10-13, 01:09   Link #6044
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I get the feeling there was either a third unannounced background downloader patch or that it is trying to force me to re-download the one I already have...either way, I'd go over the monthly quota. Looks like Ill be only on beta until the 21st.

If you see a full list of what is implemented this patch, you can understand why this patch is so big in size.
Old 2010-10-13, 01:27   Link #6045
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Got in and respecced everyone. Reglyphed my Warlock and did minor regemming (removed the one hit gem I had since it didn't with the socket bonus anymore and I could get that hit by reforging some of my unneeded Spirt) I was going to regem all the remaining Intellect + Spirt (or is it Haste + Spirit) gems to get rid of the Spirt I no longer need (I liked that mechanic for Fel Armor), but decided to wait..either until prices and supply goes up, or our guild jewelcrafter gets some new epic gems made.

I'm going to have to relearn a few things with the Warlock...since I now need to put Soulfire into the rotation when it procs. Everything else seems about normal...damage seemed the same, more or less...even without Soulfire. My health and mana is about 50% more than it was pre-patch (when from 24,000 to in the 30,000s someplace).

Only reforged two items..both remaining pieces that had Spirit on them...Did one to hit and one to Mastery.

There is lore activity in Stormwind Keep and the Valley of Wisdom. All the Alliance leaders are in the Keep discussing the earthquakes and Brann's discovery of an artifact from Ulduar. (All leaders, as in Bronzebread, the High Tinker, Whisperwind, Proudmoure, Valen, and Wrynn.) I'd hate to be a Horde raid going in there right now.

In Orgrimmar, Thrall is telling Hellscream, Vol'jin and one of his advisors (starts with a E...I know him but can't remember the spelling) that he's going to Nagrand to consult the Elements on the earthquakes and leaves Hellscream in charge with three advisors (including Cairne who isn't present). Hellscream is uncomfortable with being the leader, but the others suggest that with council he'll be fine...at least of the month or two Thrall should be gone. Sylvanas and the Blood Elves are not included in these talks. I've not checked up on Sylanas yet to see what she's doing. An Alliance raid has a slightly better chance at this, but Hellscream is the added trouble with a raid.
Old 2010-10-13, 02:45   Link #6046
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Well patched my laptop today at work, doing my desktop at home now... This patch makes me never want to reinstall WoW again. Q_Q

On an amusing side note, my WoW install is taking up 28.3GB's.
Old 2010-10-13, 05:47   Link #6047
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
On an amusing side note, my WoW install is taking up 28.3GB's.
That's because the patch actually included a decent portion the new world, though the game currently doesn't use that data since it's still in the old world. By the time 4.0.3 hits, your WoW install will downsize.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 07:07   Link #6048
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Blizzards sayin ""All your bits are belong to us"
Old 2010-10-13, 10:47   Link #6049
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Got in and respecced everyone. Reglyphed my Warlock and did minor regemming (removed the one hit gem I had since it didn't with the socket bonus anymore and I could get that hit by reforging some of my unneeded Spirt) I was going to regem all the remaining Intellect + Spirt (or is it Haste + Spirit) gems to get rid of the Spirt I no longer need (I liked that mechanic for Fel Armor), but decided to wait..either until prices and supply goes up, or our guild jewelcrafter gets some new epic gems made.

I'm going to have to relearn a few things with the Warlock...since I now need to put Soulfire into the rotation when it procs. Everything else seems about normal...damage seemed the same, more or less...even without Soulfire. My health and mana is about 50% more than it was pre-patch (when from 24,000 to in the 30,000s someplace).
Go Affliction...For the love of God...AFFLICTION! It is beyond awesome! You will utterly faceroll anything in your path with Affliction! I switched from Destro to Affliction on beta - it was utter cruise mode. You don't lose health, you don't lose mana. And then there's Soul Swap....freaking SOUL SWAP! Glyphed Soul Swap is going to make Warlocks virtually unstoppable in PvP and faceroll 5 player instances.
Old 2010-10-13, 13:00   Link #6050
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I have duel spec already, so I can set the secondary as Affliction since I never got use to Demo.

But Destro was pretty much aoe/single target faceroll in the daily heroic last night. I got owned at PVP, but I wasn't in my PVP gear and the lag in Wintergrasp so so bad I couldn't even see Horde half the time. It is bad when you get killed by something you can't see and it was a priest or mage. (was the first time in a while we lost on the attack because the Horde took out the towers...but then I started about five minutes before it ended....we were at the relic doorway with it half down even).
Old 2010-10-13, 16:12   Link #6051
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
I wonder if that will have to do with a mini-civil war event or something...or if the GMs were just messing with people.
They were probably planning a civil-war event, remember the Horde factions are very unsteady with eachother, so this could be possible.
Old 2010-10-13, 17:18   Link #6052
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
I have duel spec already, so I can set the secondary as Affliction since I never got use to Demo.

But Destro was pretty much aoe/single target faceroll in the daily heroic last night. I got owned at PVP, but I wasn't in my PVP gear and the lag in Wintergrasp so so bad I couldn't even see Horde half the time. It is bad when you get killed by something you can't see and it was a priest or mage. (was the first time in a while we lost on the attack because the Horde took out the towers...but then I started about five minutes before it ended....we were at the relic doorway with it half down even).
Yeah, but that's because the stats differential isn't applying yet. You haven't seen the stats go down as you level in Cata.
Old 2010-10-13, 18:33   Link #6053
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hmmm. Trying it. Not sure on the rotation/priorities. I do like the soul burn Seed though. Need to get use to Soul Swap. I still like the rotation for Destro better as is was fun in VOA10 today as well took down the whole place for Justice Points. Hope to do the same on VOA25 so I can finally get the achievement for killing all the bosses....because no one does them all anymore when it was for frost and or T9/T10 loot.

The change in tge Life Tap glyph gets to me a bit. I'll need to figure something to swap it with as I'm not convinced the gcd time reduction of .5 seconds is the best thing I can do.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2010-10-13 at 18:45.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 20:25   Link #6054
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

After wasting much time to free spaces to 11.4 GB on my hard drive, and the update part got to 67% and then told me I need more space still? , Looks like I am going to be giving up on playing WoW for a few days until I can get this working, since I am kind of hard pressed to free more than this since main hard drive is only 64 GB and running WoW off an external drive is not really a viable option ugh... .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 20:36   Link #6055
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
After wasting much time to free spaces to 11.4 GB on my hard drive, and the update part got to 67% and then told me I need more space still? , Looks like I am going to be giving up on playing WoW for a few days until I can get this working, since I am kind of hard pressed to free more than this since main hard drive is only 64 GB and running WoW off an external drive is not really a viable option ugh... .
Might I suggest buying another drive? A terabyte is probably down to about $60-70 by now.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 20:50   Link #6056
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Might I suggest buying another drive? A terabyte is probably down to about $60-70 by now.
I am on a laptop, so I can't really install one which is why I have 1 TB external which is great for anime usage, just not games ;x.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 21:58   Link #6057
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I am on a laptop, so I can't really install one which is why I have 1 TB external which is great for anime usage, just not games ;x.
Ah...

Well, if you don't mind reinstalling Windows (ie: killing an entire day, depending on how old your disc may be), you could probably get a 500gb laptop harddrive for about $50.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 00:39   Link #6058
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Get a 1TB laptop drive and clone your windows install to it. Heck don't even need that big, could get away with a 320 and those are dirt cheap. Just need another computer you can do the cloning on.

Did some of ICC 25 last night. It was luls worthy at times. Tanking was a little easier in places but oh geez was it hairy in others. 20k sustained TPS was nice, but healing spikes were gut wrenching.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/27187...f-oct-13-2010/

Kinda sucks... Ice Lance spam was fun fun fun.
Old 2010-10-14, 03:18   Link #6059
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Going to take a while to get ues to the changes. I'll need to try my Destro spec in PVP with my pvp gear on next time. I've tried it without pvp gear, affliction with and without pvp gear.

Then the World Server crashed (for Northrend) right after Wintergrasp ended.

I wasn't using Searing Pain much in heroics...Once or twice I think when the time to death was sooner than an Incinerate a SoulBurned Soulfire would be overkill.

The Soul Swap will definately take time to get use to using. Was playing with it on the Stormwind training dummies by swapping my dots from one to the other across the room, spreading Haunt out between them and getting in very few shadowbolts because of all the swaps and refreshing dots on the one swapped from when they ran out before I could swap them back...or something like that. Tried it in PVP, but either I ran out of targets to swap too....or I died...hard and fast. My PVP gear is a few steps behind I find (Relentless/Furious gear with some wrathful non-set parts). My health is actually greater in my PVE gear now. Only the resiliance keeps me alive though. Well for another three or four hits I suppose. Did manage to get off one or two SoulBurned Seeds of Corruption into some Horde groups attacking the Fortress. Would ahve gotten more but they tend to either get out of range, or kill me before it finishes casting when there are enough in the area to make it worth it.
Old 2010-10-14, 03:28   Link #6060
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Im actually basing my numbers off of what is happening on Beta. It seems on live - which I can't access at present - Destro Warlocks and Fire Mages are getting too much benefit due to current stats. Those stats are slashed to 20% by the time you hit 85. Which is why on Beta, Affliction is better but Destro is better on live.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows