AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite CLANNAD character(s)
Okazaki Tomoya 208 49.76%
Okazaki Nagisa 197 47.13%
Okazaki Ushio 168 40.19%
Furukawa Sanae 95 22.73%
Furukawa Akio 165 39.47%
Fujibayashi Kyou 177 42.34%
Fujibayashi Ryou 33 7.89%
Sakagami Tomoyo 167 39.95%
Ichinose Kotomi 132 31.58%
Ibuki Fuuko 92 22.01%
Miyazawa Yukine 42 10.05%
Sunohara Youhei 106 25.36%
Sunohara Mei 66 15.79%
Okazaki Naoyuki 15 3.59%
Yoshino Yuusuke 57 13.64%
Yoshino Kouko 17 4.07%
Sagara Misae 51 12.20%
Shima Katsuki 40 9.57%
Nishina Rie 17 4.07%
Botan 60 14.35%
Others 10 2.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 418. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-19, 14:39   Link #81
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
He gets to have Jam every morning then...
Whoa... that sounded so wrong.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-04-20, 21:26   Link #82
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

man, something went sour in this forum if Nagisa is ahead of Tomoyo and Kyou.. i cry for them.
Old 2009-04-20, 23:11   Link #83
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
man, something went sour in this forum if Nagisa is ahead of Tomoyo and Kyou.. i cry for them.
Something went sour? I think all the girls are likable but there is nothing wrong with liking Nagisa...

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-04-20, 23:14   Link #84
Tak

Wha? Nagisa was awesome in her own right!

- Tak (Still anticipating Tomoyo After anime series)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-04-20, 23:17   Link #85
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah i know she was awesome to other people (not me), but i remember legions upon legions of Kyou and Tomoyo shippers back in the day. I know i wasn't the only one on here who put off After Story because it was Nagisa centric.
Old 2009-04-20, 23:19   Link #86
Ottocycle

Attractiveness comes second in a show that became more character-development-centric than girl-centric.

Looking at the votes for Nagisa, I sure am not the only one who thinks so.
Old 2009-04-20, 23:34   Link #87
RandomFlameStrike

Heh Nagisa's high vote count is due to a combination of Nagisa's awesome strength of character and AS causing people who like Kyou/Tomoyo only for their looks to be filtered out. Well they are both great characters but their screen time in AS is limited after all.
Old 2009-04-20, 23:40   Link #88
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

but the thing is, there was so much more to both Kyou and Tomoyo than their looks, probably more so than Nagisa. in my eyes, the only development Nagisa got was in the teen episodes of AS. i found it a shame that arguably more interesting characters got shoved to the side for the development of a weaker main character.
Old 2009-04-20, 23:46   Link #89
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

That starts being too much on the shipping and opinion matter you see.
Claiming "arguably" is rather ludicrous as it is all about opinion in the end. And as for me, I certainly can't see how Nagisa can be considered as a "weaker main character" considering how it went through.

If it was the case, people wouldn't even accept how the choice was "natural" in season1.

Seriously, don't start complaining about X or Y character not being in the top. That is hardly the purpose of the poll here. (and even less relevant when you see such Kyou's vote number, nothing modest by any means).

On another note, I have no idea if it was because of my picture choice for Akio, but I'm really really surprise how far his vote pool is going. Obviously, he had tons of quirks with Ushio and was a rock solid support to Tomoya, but that is not exactly what is favored the most here... supposedly.
Old 2009-04-20, 23:47   Link #90
DeX-kun

Quote:
but the thing is, there was so much more to both Kyou and Tomoyo than their looks, probably more so than Nagisa. in my eyes, the only development Nagisa got was in the teen episodes of AS. i found it a shame that arguably more interesting characters got shoved to the side for the development of a weaker main character.
That's subjective, I don't understand how you can possibly think that Nagisa is a "weak character" considering the suffering and sacrifices she went through in order to live her life to the fullest. You're belittling and underestimating her character in all sorts of ways here and it's a shame you feel that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
On another note, I have no idea if it was because of my picture choice for Akio, but I'm really really surprise how far his vote pool is going. Obviously, he had tons of quirks with Ushio and was a rock solid support to Tomoya, but that is not exactly what is favored the most here... supposedly.
To be honest, I'm also quite rather shocked that Akio has gotten this many votes thus far. Well I believe that when you vote for multiple characters, there are some people that avoid voting for all the girls considering that some want their personal choice to have a higher vote count. Tomoya is a given, very rare that someone won't vote for him but my guess is that most will give him a vote along with Akio but the girls are a different story.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-04-20, 23:57   Link #91
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Just like you did, I speculated that it was probably the fact you generally votes for characters in "different categories" (favorite female, favorite male + best support/comedy material etc), but Akio made a push so insane that he is toping with MAIN characters... (well, I would be one of the shippers claiming that everyone was required for the clannad franchise, but still... )
And that fact however wasn't exactly that effective with the other polls, strangely enough.

I dunno, really it seems his legendary MC gave him tons of props
Old 2009-04-21, 00:04   Link #92
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah, i realized i turned to borderline shipping. but i say she's a weak character because there was such little development for her until the play and then finally her resolve to live with Tomoya. otherwise, she's a stagnant character throughout the series.

And yeah, Akio was just a kickass character throughout both series, which is why i voted for him. his personality and actions resonated loudly throughout the show even though he was technically a minor character.
Old 2009-04-21, 00:22   Link #93
Tak

While I do prefer Tomoyo and Kyou over Nagisa, I am flanked by the original Clannad game, the drama CDs, Tomoyo After, and the upcoming Kyou After. Therefore I can turn to those anytime if I should wish to be presented with the stories of my favorite characters. If you are not satisfied, you can always turn to the game and other source materials.

On the other hand, Nagisa is an awesome character. I honestly don't see anything glaring negative about her character. What she went through took inhumane strength bundled in a petite package that was her frailty. What the Okazaki family had to endure was both bitter and at the end, beautiful.

I mean, how can you accuse her of being stagnant when she was instrumental in nearly every arc of the Clannad story? And lets face it, After Story is her story just as Tomoyo After is Tomoyo's story.

On a side note, I really want to see a Tomoyo After anime series. The hardship Tomoyo went through for Tomoya was equally difficult compared to Nagisa's portion of After Story.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2009-04-21 at 00:36.
Old 2009-04-21, 00:26   Link #94
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
yeah, i realized i turned to borderline shipping. but i say she's a weak character because there was such little development for her until the play and then finally her resolve to live with Tomoya. otherwise, she's a stagnant character throughout the series.
She was an instrumental figure during the Fuuko arc, had a presence in the Kotomi arc, and had a great deal of influence on the development of Tomoya as a character the whole way (particularly when she invited him to stay at the Furukawas'). Your assertion that Nagisa is a stagnant character before the play is patently false.
Old 2009-04-21, 05:13   Link #95
Akka

Quote:
yeah i know she was awesome to other people (not me), but i remember legions upon legions of Kyou and Tomoyo shippers back in the day. I know i wasn't the only one on here who put off After Story because it was Nagisa centric.
As my vote shows, I'm precisely a Kyō and Tomoyo fan.

But Nagisa is really MUCH more likeable in AS than in the first season (and I mean MUCH, I really enjoyed her in this season, while I found her to be quite bland and weak in the first - at least compared to the others), and has the spotlight on her, so I can understand why she got much more votes - though I still root for my favourite tsundere.
Old 2009-04-21, 12:35   Link #96
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akka View Post
As my vote shows, I'm precisely a Kyō and Tomoyo fan.

But Nagisa is really MUCH more likeable in AS than in the first season (and I mean MUCH, I really enjoyed her in this season, while I found her to be quite bland and weak in the first - at least compared to the others), and has the spotlight on her, so I can understand why she got much more votes - though I still root for my favourite tsundere.
What's ironic is that the first character poll for season 1 has Nagisa with the most votes out of all the characters, including Tomoya.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-04-21, 19:59   Link #97
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

This is my first time seeing a male character being in top place! O_O

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2009-04-23, 15:53   Link #98
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
This is my first time seeing a male character being in top place! O_O
Really?

I thought you survived the days when Gundam SEED & Destiny were at their full-swing...

- Tak

Old 2009-04-23, 20:06   Link #99
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Really?

I thought you survived the days when Gundam SEED & Destiny were at their full-swing...

- Tak
I haven't visited the fav. chars poll for gundam, so I wouldn't know. But thanks for enlightening me.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2009-04-24, 16:39   Link #100
ShatteredSkys
Delinquent

Okazaki Tomoya-
My favourite character of the series definitely. I really can compare myself with him, although every character is really great and special in its own way.Well I would say Key can really create characters, that's whats made the series so touching in my opinion.
Closed Thread