AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-25, 11:21   Link #681
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

almost everyone shed a tear In this episode except Maou, but as always the comedy keeps things balanced.

lol fallen hero

Spoiler for ugly:

sub-forum for this anime please
Old 2013-04-25, 11:28   Link #682
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
But look at how Mao treats Emi in comparison. Emi destroyed his empire, killed his generals, and forced him to escape to dimension which cost him his powers and he has to live a life of a service worker in order to climb back up again. Yet he really doesn't hold any hostility or ill will towards her.
He himself said that he will return and take everything back. His empire, his generals and minions... thier loss was just a setback, nothing he can't get back somehow. Also, we never were told why he let his armies attack the human nations in the first place. So it might have been other reasons than simple extermination.

And as others said Emilia might have a personal grudge against him. This was even shown a little when she spied at him together with Alsiel (Who we know is also Demonkin, but he didn't got as much hatred from her as the Maou did).

Yes, that's cleary a character flaw of hers, but I don't see why some people use this to question her status as a "hero". She seems pretty kind towards fellow humans (And seriously... you don't even need to be a nice person to be hailed a hero).
Old 2013-04-25, 11:38   Link #683
kuromitsu

Mmmhm. :/ Well, at least I'm invested enough in the characters (okay, mostly Ashiya and Maou) and Oosaka Ryouta to continue watching...

Spoiler for ep 4:

It's funny how much Shimono Hiro sounds like Takayama Minami every now and then... XD

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-04-25 at 11:52.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 12:37   Link #684
Sumeragi
Banned

NSFW
Hataraku Yuusha-sama!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 12:40   Link #685
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
NSFW
Hataraku Yuusha-sama!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I'd watch this.
Old 2013-04-25, 14:05   Link #686
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'd watch this.
Hopefully an OVA
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 14:13   Link #687
XFire
150% done

So episode four is out, and the anime has caught up to the manga. Thank God.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2013-04-25, 17:30   Link #688
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Not a lot of comedy this week. The episode mostly focused on drama. We got to learn about Emilia's backstory, and as expected, she had a very personal reason to want to take the Demon Lord down. Her hatred for him is understandable, as well as her confusion over his current behavior. It's starting to look like Maou was never truly evil and was simply a conqueror. His generals like Lucifer were probably the evil ones. Not Alsiel though. He's a pure husbando.

The source of magic in the human world is... feelings? I assumed it was positive feelings at first, but Lucifer still has access to his powers and he's clearly not a good guy. Strong feelings in general then. He's apparently currently feeding off Miho's negative emotions. I take it that's how he managed to retain his powers: using humans as his source of magic.

This is getting interesting. Hopefully, the show will find a good balance between drama/action and comedy. I don't want it to become all serious business.
Old 2013-04-25, 17:37   Link #689
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Not a lot of comedy this week. The episode mostly focused on drama. We got to learn about Emilia's backstory, and as expected, she had a very personal reason to want to take the Demon Lord down. Her hatred for him is understandable, as well as her confusion over his current behavior. It's starting to look like Maou was never truly evil and was simply a conqueror. His generals like Lucifer were probably the evil ones. Not Alsiel though. He's a pure husbando.

The source of magic in the human world is... feelings? I assumed it was positive feelings at first, but Lucifer still has access to his powers and he's clearly not a good guy. Strong feelings in general then. He's apparently currently feeding off Miho's negative emotions. I take it that's how he managed to retain his powers: using humans as his source of magic.

This is getting interesting. Hopefully, the show will find a good balance between drama/action and comedy. I don't want it to become all serious business.
Holy power comes from positive emotions, and demonic power comes from negative emotions. Which adds an extra bit of awesome to the mall collapse, since it means Maou used the peoples fear to save them...
Old 2013-04-25, 17:37   Link #690
Cirno
Eye'm the strongest

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
So episode four is out, and the anime has caught up to the manga. Thank God.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Not quite right. Actually, the anime is still behind the manga by about 8 chapters (ch.15), however it has caught up to the latest translated chapter.
Cirno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 18:03   Link #691
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Two more of Emi's party members are on their way? Awesome

We get the backstory of Emi this week which I'm sure didn't deviate from what most people had expected, but it still put some perspective on her relentless aggressive stance towards Maou.

Alsiel at this point has completely lost any and all puraido of being a Demon General

I wonder what's Maou's thoughts about all this, and how un-Maou he has been acting recently...

Mysterious building manager is mysterious
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 18:05   Link #692
sikvod00

Well, Maou isn't evil, but he is certainly negligent for not realizing the impact his conquest would have on others. Nice guy or not, his actions caused misery and harm to innocent people. Let's see what he does after slowly learning this fact.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 18:17   Link #693
mistress_kisara

Episode 4

Ok so Emi's backstory was revealed, not much comedy but Alsiel is as funny as ever and Lucifer appears! Hope it gets action-packed soon! XD
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 18:21   Link #694
sikvod00

I'm sort of glad child-Emilia had a different VA from teenage-Emilia. It gets kind of annoying when an anime uses the same VA for the younger version of a character and the only noticeable difference is the pitch.
Edit: Wait, is it a different VA? Child-Emilia sounds completely different until she asks the priest to teach her how to use the sword.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 18:31   Link #695
tsunade666

Episode 04 is nice but I don't trust those church people. It just happens most of the time from japanese story that the devil aren't really evil but the angels are the bad ones. To me the way that they only save Emilia and leave his father behind is a sign of something bad is happening and I really don't trust people that say they are the "good guys"

Watching maouyuusha last season also gives me a perspective that their is something happening behind the scene.

Maou Satan is a conqueror but it looks like he is just doing what he wants but neglect on understanding the human side which brings war as a result. I'm not even sure if he is evil but maybe chaotic neutral? or chaotic lawful because he upholds his belief.

The not so surprising part is when its been mentioned that general lucifer is going around conquering the human lands and in the end of the episode he shows up. What a coincidence and is his goal to kill Maou satan to become the new maou or does he have more plans than just that. I wonder....
Old 2013-04-25, 18:37   Link #696
Enjou

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
Well, Maou isn't evil, but he is certainly negligent for not realizing the impact his conquest would have on others. Nice guy or not, his actions caused misery and harm to innocent people. Let's see what he does after slowly learning this fact.
I don't think he was negligent, rather it sounds like at the time he just didn't care. He knew he was hurting others, but he didn't understand relationships with other people aside from ones of dominance and subservience since those would be how the demon society operated so for him it was Tuesday. Now that he understands people's feelings better he wouldn't do the same things.
Enjou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 18:39   Link #697
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
I'm sort of glad child-Emilia had a different VA from teenage-Emilia. It gets kind of annoying when an anime uses the same VA for the younger version of a character and the only noticeable difference is the pitch.
Edit: Wait, is it a different VA? Child-Emilia sounds completely different until she asks the priest to teach her how to use the sword.
The cast list shows no seiyuu for child Emilia, so most likely it's the same actress.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 19:01   Link #698
ChampDream
Alive

so is Lucifer vs Satan, that could be interesting
Emilia as a child was really cute
Old 2013-04-25, 19:31   Link #699
XFire
150% done

So Emi is the only one who can fight the demon king. Immediately after discovering this, the church comes to get her. A few days later, her hometown just happens to be attacked by demons and everything she loves is destroyed. Convenient that she now has no lingering attachments and a burning desire for revenge, eh? Convenient for the church, anyway....
Old 2013-04-25, 19:40   Link #700
Reek of Blood
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Reek of Blood
Judging from his black bird-like wings, at first i thought that mysterious guy was a fallen angel, until it's revealed that he's Lucifer, one of Maou's great generals
Reek of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fantasy, romance, slice of life, work