AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-05-21, 02:06   Link #61
Melodymix
Ying Yang

Did anyone mention this Japanese movie called Shinobi?

I really loved this movie. It had a good story-line and the battle scenes were awsome. I know Basilisk is based on this but I want to see this original story in an anime
Melodymix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 04:06   Link #62
Crovax
A2000A
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Crovax Send a message via AIM to Crovax Send a message via MSN to Crovax Send a message via Yahoo to Crovax
I'm sure someone mentioned this already, but I've always wanted to see an anime which faithfully tells the story of Hsi Yu Chi (Saiyuuki a.k.a. The Journey to the West). Dragonball makes loads of funny references to it, and there are some more recent animes bearing the name Saiyuuki, but none are really all that accurate. Though I haven't seen this yet: http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...anime&aid=2199 but I doubt it can properly tell the story in the space of one movie.

War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy could make for an AMAZING anime if it is spread out over enough episodes and gets good staff working on it. (That is, good seiyuu casting, character design, and ehm... Makoto Shinkai would be nice!)

In fact, money classics of literature could be made more accessible to young people through anime. What about Ayn Rand's Anthem or Im Westen nichts Neues (All Quiet on the Western Front). Some Jane Austen novels might be nice too, heh.

And Sheba's suggestion of Dune sounds very interesting, though great care would have to be taken not to spoil it for those who have read the book. Making it entirely faithful would probably not be realistic, but good choices must be made in adapting the story for an episodical anime. Or perhaps a 6-episode OVA.

Last edited by Crovax; 2007-05-21 at 04:32.
Crovax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 23:46   Link #63
Hilo Hello

The Leatherstockin Tales. You know, the book by James Fennimore Cooper than Mark Twain famously dissed because Realists and Romantics are mortal enemies.

The best bet to start with would be The Deerslayer, if only because I described the plot to someone and they said it sounded like an anime. Plus, it's the first chronologically, so if it was popular or whatever, they could be all "We're skipping thirty years ahead!" and do The Last of the Mohicans.

Or just start with Mohicans, it's the most famous.
Hilo Hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-23, 13:53   Link #64
General_Norris
Ouendan member

I second Phoenix Wright.

I was trying to shout Objection! but there's nothing I can object
General_Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 16:02   Link #65
retardation
phantom loser

damn. the three things i was going to mention were already mentioned: ender's game, dune and phoenix wright. at least i'm not the only one.

i'm actually really surprised they didn't try to make an anime out of dune. it seems like the sort of thing they'd be dying to make a series about. is dune not translated into japanese or something?

and there are all these ff7 spinoff series, there should be one that goes through the story of the actual ff7 game.

and i dunno... shucks war and peace was a good idea too though i probably wouldn't watch that.

anybody ever read oryx and crake? i'd like to see that animated
retardation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 19:35   Link #66
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crovax View Post
I'm sure someone mentioned this already, but I've always wanted to see an anime which faithfully tells the story of Hsi Yu Chi (Saiyuuki a.k.a. The Journey to the West). Dragonball makes loads of funny references to it, and there are some more recent animes bearing the name Saiyuuki, but none are really all that accurate. Though I haven't seen this yet: http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...anime&aid=2199 but I doubt it can properly tell the story in the space of one movie.
The live-action Saiyuuki, which aired in some english countries as "Monkey", is still to this day, the best Saiyuuki based TV show ever made, IMO.
Even though I haven't seen an episode in 20 years, I can still sing to the theme songs "Monkey Magic" and "Gandhara" (Japanese version).
For some reason, I'm not too interested in seeing an animated version though.
Saiyuuki "Monkey Magic" OP, Japanese version
Saiyuuki "Gandhara" ED, Japanese version
Great, great songs. Gandhara was so freaking popular back then.

As for Gyakuten Saiban/Phoenix Wright...
I'd rather see a fully-voiced port of the game before anime even cross my mind!
C'mon, port the first 3 games to PS2 with full voice cast already!
The recent Gyakuten Saiban 4 was hell of a fun, btw.

As for what I want to see animated.... well, there's many.
Higaeri Quest novel series, for one. I prefer that series way over his more famous work, Slayers.
Then there's the Yousei Sakusen (Fairy Operation) novel series. For some reason, his Ariel novel series got animated, but never his more popular Yousei Sakusen. C'mon, we fans have been waiting an anime adaptation of that for... geez, 20 years now?
They made a radio drama of it back in the 90s, but I want a full anime series dammit!!
Western anime fans might know the series Iria no Sora, UFO no natsu (Sky of Iria, summer of UFO) novel and anime series.
This series is said to be a homage to Yuuichi Sasamoto's Yousei Sakusen series.

As for western material... I'd like to see anime version of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time fantasy novels.

Last edited by aohige; 2007-05-24 at 19:57.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 15:23   Link #67
timmybadshoes
Mr. Bad Shoes

Send a message via AIM to timmybadshoes
Final Fantasy 7...The Last Mission OVA was good enough to convince me.
Old 2007-05-26, 18:59   Link #68
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
Eragon, anyone?

Haha.
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 22:53   Link #69
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I don't know if there's much of a story, but I'd like to see some sort of Pangya anime. That way I could get Kooh in animated form. It would probably have a typical personal improvement storyline to it, but it could be fun if they use the characters quirky personalities well.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 20:23   Link #70
Robotnik
Not a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenTheSweeper View Post
On a side note, has anyone else wondered why there doesn't seem to be an original costumed superhero manga or anime done in the style of D.C. (i.e. Justice League, Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, etc.) or Marvel (i.e. Spiderman, Fantastic Four, X-Men, etc) by the Japanese? I’ve understand that other culture and countries have created their own homegrown versions of the D.C. and Marvel type of comic superheroes. But for some reason the Japanese haven’t created something similar, I don’t mean the Japanese adaptations of Spawn, Spiderman or Witchblade. Maybe it’s out there, but I haven’t seen it yet. I think it would be cool to see what the Japanese could do with type of genre in terms of creating original anime and manga.
I remember Ben Dunn of Antarctic Press writing about how the American-type costumed superhero *did* exist in Japanese comics/manga, but in the underground/indie way manga and manga-styled comics were here in the '80's. I think it's a matter of cultural differences and preferences. Manga protagonists tend to have very human problems, making them easier to identify with, so in many ways that makes them closer to the typical Marvel superhero; from what I've read, Marvel's "flawed hero" style itself comes out of deliberately contrasting against DC's long-standing more iconic heroes.

I've heard the Zetman manga called an homage to the Frank Miller revision of Batman, but I wouldn't know for sure.

I *used* to think William Gibson's "sprawl series" cyberpunk stuff would make interesting anime, but I'm not so sure anymore... So much of the imagery and ideas have already become part of pop culture that it wouldn't be anything new.
Robotnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 13:45   Link #71
kazune-kun

Battle Royale into 6 episodes
kazune-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 18:37   Link #72
blackcat010

Hi!

how r all of u ?

i love lovely complex and i was really exiated when they turned to an anime soooo im wondreing if u have any information about these mangas and any future plan to turn them to an anime series cuz i would love to see them and the manga r Hana Kimi, Ura Peach Girl, B.O.D.y., Parfait-Tic, kare First Love, Mars, CatStreet, Eden No Hana, Goong, Max Lovely and Youth Gone Wild and of course many others but if u have any news for these plz share it with us.

thank u.
blackcat010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 19:14   Link #73
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat010 View Post
i love lovely complex and i was really exiated when they turned to an anime soooo im wondreing if u have any information about these mangas and any future plan to turn them to an anime series
So.. did you know LoveCom already has an anime series or not? And why is there is list of other random series?
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-07, 01:33   Link #74
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I *think* he/she is curious about whether those mangas are in the works for an anime adaptation. That question should be asked over in the General Anime forum though (after searching the threads .... for all I know some of those may exist as an anime).

I *guess* they were excited about Lovely Complex "when they turned to an anime" ....

(this is starting to remind me of grading english papers and my head starts to hurt)
Old 2007-07-09, 14:28   Link #75
mishka

My pick was Prince of Persia, and guess what....they are making it....not as an anime tho, as a live-action movie...but that's good enough for me. It'll be out in the summer of 2009! yay!
mishka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 15:42   Link #76
Morganchan
Gero?!

Oh baby! I'm thirding (fourthing?) the Phoenix Wright/Gyakuten Saiban series. I love trying to solve the mysteries while watching Detective Conan, so no doubt the same sort of enthusiasm would carry over if Phoenix Wright were to be animated. Plus PW already has a manga going, so why not an anime? C'mon, Capcom! We want to see that glorious finger-point in all its smooth, animated glory! (or if not that, a Wii version with interactive finger-pointing would be acceptable)

I'm also in agreement with the people who mentioned Ender's Game, as I have rather noteworthy admiration for both the book and its protaganist. All the action would probably make the transition to an anime quite nicely, too. And I'm also agreeing with someone's earlier suggestion of Artemis Fowl, as it's another series I love that would no doubt have a lot of neat things to look at were it to be animated. Plus, for whatever reason, my imagination-generated Artemis looked startlingly like Eriol of Card Captor Sakura, so it all works out XD

I'm actually likely to agree to an anime version of nearly any book I love, because of the peculiar way my imagination works. Everything looks animated in my head, and my imagination provides distinct character voices and interesting direction and everything. It's like watching an anime with my mind's eye, pretty much So naturally I'd be keen on an anime adaptation to preserve the style I envision everything in.

I mean, it's kind of disappointing when, as you read a book, you picture a character to look a certain way, and then a movie adaptation comes along and you find you were completely off, no? Kind of like that! (or perhaps I'm very, very odd, which is likely )

I should prolly add something new to the discussion while I'm here, too. I have a notion that Catherine Webb's book, The Extraordinary and Ususal Adventures of Horatio Lyle (as well as its sequel), would make a really cool anime/film/something. It takes place in London in the 1800s, and has so many great scientific gadgets and machines and fun characters and the supernatural and all that good stuff. I think it'd be a blast to watch, anyway!
Morganchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 00:03   Link #77
FireBorn

I think Final Fantasy Tactics, the original, would probably be amazing.

Lord of the Flies, too.
FireBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 02:30   Link #78
jedinat

I think a Star Wars anime would be just... great. New Jedi Order series, with the Yuuzhan Vong. Or the Thrawn trilogy, with Mara Jade and all that. Will never happen, but still... would be nice... used to be a star wars person. Had a bunch of those little star wars toys set up on my dresser for the longest time, lol...
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 08:17   Link #79
Comrade
A fuckin' genius!

Starcraft Anime would be great, where Terrans, Protoss and Zerg are fighting against each other.
I know that Heroic Age is supposed to be something like Starcraft, but there's not enough ground battles (or any at all) and the amount of blood and gore included isn't sufficient either.

Another great Anime could be something from the Warhammer 40k universe. Everyone must realize that Humans are the true masters of the universe and that all xeno **** must be hunted down and exterminated like the dogs that they are.
Old 2007-07-11, 08:36   Link #80
Robotnik
Not a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
I think a Star Wars anime would be just... great. New Jedi Order series, with the Yuuzhan Vong. Or the Thrawn trilogy, with Mara Jade and all that. Will never happen, but still... would be nice... used to be a star wars person. Had a bunch of those little star wars toys set up on my dresser for the longest time, lol...
Did you know about the Star Wars manga adaptations?
Robotnik is offline   Reply With Quote