Notices

Old 2013-08-26, 19:13   Link #1341
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Why mobile devices?
Easier and more comfortable to read than on a computer.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 20:01   Link #1342
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Why mobile devices?
Tablets actually seem perfect devices to enjoy visual novels in. They have high resolution beautiful displays that lend themselves well to pretty art and the usual vn interaction paradigm of choosing options of a list lends itself well to leaning back on the couch and tapping the screen. I'm just waiting to get a few more English versions of VNs ported to my Android tablet since I feel like I would enjoy the experience quite a bit better than sitting on my desktop to read.
Old 2013-08-27, 02:53   Link #1343
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Yeah but... It requires people to actually own one.

Well ok I guess there's no one in Japan who doesn't own one.

But what about me?

Last edited by Dengar; 2013-08-29 at 04:06.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 06:52   Link #1344
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Saber cosplaying as Madoka?
Old 2013-09-10, 14:21   Link #1345
isamu99

I haven't read this thread since I've yet to watch the show, but is Fate/Zero recommended if I like Berserk? Which is the better show between the two IYHO?
isamu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 14:28   Link #1346
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by isamu99 View Post
I haven't read this thread since I've yet to watch the show, but is Fate/Zero recommended if I like Berserk? Which is the better show between the two IYHO?
It is difficult to say which one is better. They are at some points similar to each other, but also different.

But if you like Berserk you will probably also like Fate/Zero. It has a mature story and a dark tone like Berserk. It does have more magic, but it is for the most part rooted in understandable rules.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 16:54   Link #1347
isamu99

Thanks buddy I think I'm sold on the show now. I was gonna ask you also whether one is required to watch Fate/Stay Night *before* Fate/Zero in order to understand the plot, but after reading reviews it looks like Fate/Stay is garbage and isn't worth watching.
Old 2013-09-10, 19:49   Link #1348
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by isamu99 View Post
Thanks buddy I think I'm sold on the show now. I was gonna ask you also whether one is required to watch Fate/Stay Night *before* Fate/Zero in order to understand the plot, but after reading reviews it looks like Fate/Stay is garbage and isn't worth watching.
The Fate/Stay Night anime is based on the Fate/Stay Night visual novel. The visual novel is very good, but the anime adaption, done by studio DEEN isn't.

Because Fate/Zero is a prequel you can watch it without having read or seen Fate/Stay Night, but it does expect the viewer to have read the visual novel, because it spoils some plot point from Fate/Stay Night.

The visual novel has three main routes. Fate, Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven's Feel. The Fate/Stay Night anime follow for the most part the Fate route. There is also an animated movie which follow the UBW route. The Heaven's Feel route hasn't been adapted yet. Currently Ufotable, the studio which animated Fate/Zero is working on a new Fate/Stay Night project. The two most likely theories about the content of the project is that it will be a total adaption of the Fate/Stay Night visual novel or it will just be an adaption of the Heaven's Feel route.

I recommend if you are going to skip Fate/Stay Night to watch Ufotable nieuw F/SN project when it airs. That way you will get a resolution to some of the plot points from Fate/Zero which only get resolved in F/SN.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 19:58   Link #1349
isamu99

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
The Fate/Stay Night anime is based on the Fate/Stay Night visual novel. The visual novel is very good, but the anime adaption, done by studio DEEN isn't.

Because Fate/Zero is a prequel you can watch it without having read or seen Fate/Stay Night, but it does expect the viewer to have read the visual novel, because it spoils some plot point from Fate/Stay Night.

The visual novel has three main routes. Fate, Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven's Feel. The Fate/Stay Night anime follow for the most part the Fate route. There is also an animated movie which follow the UBW route. The Heaven's Feel route hasn't been adapted yet. Currently Ufotable, the studio which animated Fate/Zero is working on a new Fate/Stay Night project. The two most likely theories about the content of the project is that it will be a total adaption of the Fate/Stay Night visual novel or it will just be an adaption of the Heaven's Feel route.

I recommend if you are going to skip Fate/Stay Night to watch Ufotable nieuw F/SN project when it airs. That way you will get a resolution to some of the plot points from Fate/Zero which only get resolved in F/SN.
Very interesting! Thanks. I'll skip it and wait for the new F/SN project.
Old 2013-10-06, 21:19   Link #1350
OkamiNoKaze

Who would be the servants in your own fantasy Holy Grail war, if given all of anime to pick from, for example

Here's mine

Saber - Erza Scarlet

Caster - Lina Inverse

Rider - Rick Hunter with Veritech, (I was impressed by the Berzerker)

Assassin - Kakashi

Berzerker - Hibiki from Symphogear

Lancer - Sayaka from Madoka

Archer - Rowan - Ronin Warriors
Old 2013-10-07, 03:05   Link #1351
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
Who would be the servants in your own fantasy Holy Grail war, if given all of anime to pick from, for example

Here's mine

Saber - Erza Scarlet

Caster - Lina Inverse

Rider - Rick Hunter with Veritech, (I was impressed by the Berzerker)

Assassin - Kakashi

Berzerker - Hibiki from Symphogear

Lancer - Sayaka from Madoka

Archer - Rowan - Ronin Warriors
Old 2013-10-10, 13:20   Link #1352
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I find it funny how Rider is still Iskander.
Old 2013-10-10, 19:24   Link #1353
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Come on, there isn't anyone better for that role than him. Even in the Fate franchise. The Rider from Stay Night always look more like an Assassin to me. This one at least rides something as an usual way of transport. Besides he is freaking awesome.
Old 2013-10-11, 01:17   Link #1354
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
I find it funny how Rider is still Iskander.
Who else can be Rider but him? And he also leads an army.
Old 2013-10-11, 06:04   Link #1355
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Berserker Kenshiro
Caster Dark Schneider

That's all!!
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 10:48   Link #1356
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Wow, create your own fantasy Holy Grail is much harder then it is (Good topic starter). Besides i know one other person that can be Rider like Iskander in my opinion.

Master Asia - G Gundam

For the rest of my line-up is hard
Caster - Lina Inverse
Archer - Kritio (weird choice)
Saber - Haru Glory
Assassin, Lancer, Zerker is very hard choices too many folks who can play those roles
Old 2013-10-11, 10:53   Link #1357
GDB

I'd like to point out how insanely difficult it is to make selections if you use real world historical figures only. Caster especially, which if you note is why they started getting very obscure selections for off-shoots. Lancer's probably second hardest, with Assassin being third if you consider coming up with his power based on history to be part of his identity.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 11:30   Link #1358
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'd like to point out how insanely difficult it is to make selections if you use real world historical figures only. Caster especially, which if you note is why they started getting very obscure selections for off-shoots. Lancer's probably second hardest, with Assassin being third if you consider coming up with his power based on history to be part of his identity.
I have to agreed with you on that, but then again you dont want to added deities from other cultures, it will turn Fate into Persona.

That is one of the reason why HF system is crazy but I like it alot.
Old 2013-10-11, 11:36   Link #1359
GDB

Well, full on gods cannot be summoned. Also, depending on whether your grouping is pre or post Avenger changes things up a lot. Especially for the Caster class (as mentioned above), since it's REALLY hard to find a "good" magician in history. Usually they're the evil ones.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 16:14   Link #1360
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Merlin would probably make a very broken Caster.

And well, there's a reason why Assassin is usually Hassan. It's very unusual for a warrior of the shadows to gain the fame required to ascend to the level of a legendary soul.

Tags
fate/stay night, nasu, ufotable, urobuchi gen, visual novel adaptation