AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-03-05, 19:06   Link #781
vg166

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Damn, I just felt like slapping that pandora. I mean...your friend is going on a rampage, killing all in her way. And JUST when you are about to deal a fatal blow, she yells out, "Don't kill her!" which gives the E-Pandora a chance to power the beam and almost fry me.
This is Amelia, right? If so, she has an interest in saving her friend. Doesn't make it any less stupid but it's understandable. Which leads to:

Quote:
Damn, Kazuya and Satelliser should have did the p'wnage as she would just stab without hesitation.
Not sure anymore, after chapter 36-37. After what Kazuya did, even Satelliser probably wouldn't kill unless she absolutely had to.
vg166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 20:47   Link #782
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i'm happy with how the newest episode turned out. they slimmed down the material, but it felt like a completely different show. anywho, i predict some team rape on the part of Stella's brother and partner..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 23:57   Link #783
Bafflement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
I'd like to ask some questions as an anime only viewer (I'll probably start the manga afterwards, too). Hope I could get answers to these.

1) So Cathy has 5 Stigmas, and Satella 6. But since Kazuha had 20, does that mean that there would be 9 left that are used by other Pandoras?

2) Is there actually some info about the Nova besides what we got from the anime? Like where'd they come from, do they choose certain locations, what's their purpose, is there certain times they show up, how intelligent are they (since they seem to upgrade like Festums do in Fafner) etc.
Just to add to the answers for 2: There does seem to be a pattern to when the Novas attack, but attacks are getting more and more frequent - no-one seems to know why. They also seem to choose certain locations. In the manga, they seem to specifically target the Genetics schools at some points.
Bafflement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 01:47   Link #784
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bafflement View Post
Just to add to the answers for 2: There does seem to be a pattern to when the Novas attack, but attacks are getting more and more frequent - no-one seems to know why. They also seem to choose certain locations. In the manga, they seem to specifically target the Genetics schools at some points.
there's some speculation that they attracted to STIGMA presence in a certain location. STIGMA it self is a NOVA fragments, so it's natural if they come after detecting some "friend" nearby.

This is why the recent attack unusual pattern make 2 NOVA arrive in the same time near West GENETIS (one of them arrive at East GENETICS first, absorb PANDORA [chapter 28], turn them to NOVA Form, and release them at West GENETICS). Since West GENETICS secretly hold the mother of all PANDORA, Maria Lancelot, which she's like a bunch of STIGMA fragment in NOVA eyes.

And the other STIGMA will also come (PANDORA) once the NOVA arrive lets just say it "STIGMA gathering" when they attack.
Due to this pattern, GENETICS building always established near the place where NOVA frequently appear, to make PANDORA arrive in time to engage them in battle.
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 02:09   Link #785
vg166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bafflement View Post
The guess that was tossed about within the story (By the vice president of West Genetics.) was that the Novas tried to cause the most destruction, so they have usually appeared in areas with large population densities (i.e. cities.) in the past. The appearance of 2 Novas from the Yokohoma clash at West Genetics was a unwelcomed surprise, and the vice president wondered if it was the Pandoras that was attracting the Novas (Chapter 29). Sister Margaret was the one who wondered if the Novas were attacking West Genetics because that was where Maria Lancelot was located. We might have seen she was right in a later chapter.

The timing is another guess the scientists and Chevalier had. Initially the Novas appeared every year for 4 straight years. Then they had a stretch where they appeared once every 8 years. The 9th Clash occured after only 3 years and the 10th after only 1 year (Chapter 37). The higher-ups are concerned because the next clash might be even sooner and if it is, they simply don't have time to replace the Pandoras they lost. That's not even increasing the number of Pandoras to counter multiple Novas at the same time.

I can't wait to take a look at Volume 10. And I want to see if the manga follows up on the throw-away line Rana had earlier.
vg166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 03:04   Link #786
surerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vg166 View Post
The guess that was tossed about within the story (By the vice president of West Genetics.) was that the Novas tried to cause the most destruction, so they have usually appeared in areas with large population densities (i.e. cities.) in the past. The appearance of 2 Novas from the Yokohoma clash at West Genetics was a unwelcomed surprise, and the vice president wondered if it was the Pandoras that was attracting the Novas (Chapter 29). Sister Margaret was the one who wondered if the Novas were attacking West Genetics because that was where Maria Lancelot was located. We might have seen she was right in a later chapter.

The timing is another guess the scientists and Chevalier had. Initially the Novas appeared every year for 4 straight years. Then they had a stretch where they appeared once every 8 years. The 9th Clash occured after only 3 years and the 10th after only 1 year (Chapter 37). The higher-ups are concerned because the next clash might be even sooner and if it is, they simply don't have time to replace the Pandoras they lost. That's not even increasing the number of Pandoras to counter multiple Novas at the same time.

I can't wait to take a look at Volume 10. And I want to see if the manga follows up on the throw-away line Rana had earlier.
and to make things interesting, Bridgett in the last battle overcome her own NOVA form "Berserk state" (marked with 4 blade protruding from her back) while fought Cassie Lockheart. While other NOVA form like mindless creature killing machine, that only return to human if they defeated, Bridgett can control it due to Kazuya intervention.

If the higher up know Kazuya can provide support for PANDORA in her NOVA form, I think he will become the role model for all LIMITER now.
Still it's unknown if Bridgett can retract her NOVA form due to Kazuha's STIGMA familiarity with that condition (highly emotional stress) or Kazuya presence or because Bridgett strong will to not disappointing her unofficial LIMITER
Old 2011-03-06, 09:44   Link #787
Seihai
スマイリウム

Thanks for all the detailed answers. Really tempted to read the manga now, heh.
Old 2011-03-07, 01:21   Link #788
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
my god. just read the last chapter. Kazuya must be the densest person ever. Feel so sorry for Stella.
Old 2011-03-07, 03:13   Link #789
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler for 41:

Time to rage !
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 03:22   Link #790
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Kazuya needs a swift kick to the head. Seriously.

Spoiler for 41:

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
TwilightHack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 08:37   Link #791
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post

Spoiler for 41:
Why does Kazuya need a kick in the head? The brother was hiding his devious side very well, Kazuya has NO idea that it was his bro was the reason for the trauma. If you're pointing out it's his sister admiration, there is nothing wrong with that.
If I said that your bravery reminds me of my parents, should u get pissed for that? If you do, then that's a dumb reason.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 09:53   Link #792
surerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Why does Kazuya need a kick in the head? The brother was hiding his devious side very well, Kazuya has NO idea that it was his bro was the reason for the trauma. If you're pointing out it's his sister admiration, there is nothing wrong with that.
If I said that your bravery reminds me of my parents, should u get pissed for that? If you do, then that's a dumb reason.
well...for a person who come from peasant level to some high class level...Kazuya can be forgiven....but if after he know he still the same, than not only kick but a punch needed to make his brain function properly
Old 2011-03-07, 10:44   Link #793
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra

Kazuya: Im still praying your balls drop before the end of the manga. What else is it going to take for you to be a man. I mean you are on a tropical island at one of the most luxurious retreats in the world (all paid for btw) You are with one of the most beautiful Pandora's enrolled at genetics she bought you along to meet her family, shes been in sun dresses and bathing suits since you got there and all you can talk about his how great her brother is and your sister Why not take a walk on the beach or go swimming together. He Satella room so fast it was almost like he was running away

Violet: Seriously, i can understand wanting to fix your dysfunctional family. But theres a better way to do it. You dont just bring someone who caused so much emotional damage to another that she has PSD so server she beat the living hell out of anyone who touches her. Theres a proper way to do things i also think the family should reconcile especially with Satella being a Pandora and Louis being a Limiter both could die at anytime in battle but please do not be so absent minded about something thats obviously a server problem.

Louis: Disgusting little prick of a man the crap you pulled in the past better not happen again. You better redeem yourself. You were a child then but your an adult now accountable for your actions.

Satella: Get some courage girl and tell the dimwit how you feel. You only managed to invite him to the island because you couldn't stand the thought of leaving him behind with Rana. If you want something you gotta ask for it or Kazuya will never notice, its a big step to ask him to be official partners.

Decent chapter obviously a set up for whats coming. Should be interesting to see how this plays out and if Satella and Kazuya grow closer.
Old 2011-03-07, 10:47   Link #794
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Kazuya: Im still praying your balls drop before the end of the manga. What else is it going to take for you to be a man. I mean you are on a tropical island at one of the most luxurious retreats in the world (all paid for btw) You are with one of the most beautiful Pandora's enrolled at genetics she bought you along to meet her family, shes been in sun dresses and bathing suits since you got there and all you can talk about his how great her brother is and your sister Why not take a walk on the beach or go swimming together. He Satella room so fast it was almost like he was running away

Violet: Seriously, i can understand wanting to fix your dysfunctional family. But theres a better way to do it. You dont just bring someone who caused so much emotional damage to another that she has PSD so server she beat the living hell out of anyone who touches her. Theres a proper way to do things i also think the family should reconcile especially with Satella being a Pandora and Louis being a Limiter both could die at anytime in battle but please do not be so absent minded about something thats obviously a server problem.

Louis: Disgusting little prick of a man the crap you pulled in the past better not happen again. You better redeem yourself. You were a child then but your an adult now accountable for your actions.

Satella: Get some courage girl and tell the dimwit how you feel. You only managed to invite him to the island because you couldn't stand the thought of leaving him behind with Rana. If you want something you gotta ask for it or Kazuya will never notice, its a big step to ask him to be official partners.

Decent chapter obviously a set up for whats coming. Should be interesting to see how this plays out and if Satella and Kazuya grow closer.
just bear with it for another 8 chapters or so.

Old 2011-03-07, 11:34   Link #795
Johnny
Working the bags...

What's worst then all that crap is after it's all said and done...
Spoiler for Rage Arc Ending:
Johnny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 13:32   Link #796
surerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
What's worst then all that crap is after it's all said and done...
Spoiler for Rage Arc Ending:
the heck is that spoiler content?!
seriously?!!
If it were me, I'll ask for at least some duel with knife or Russian Roulette

Kim-jerk look like some one who favor woman abuse.
It's maybe come as a surprise but even a Killer like me bow down to at least one woman (their Mother) for once.
We praise woman, they are our "Devil's never missed weapon". And to treat Devil God weapon like that....hmmm....let see if I can receive approval to kill Kim-jerk too 4 years from now (hope he still alive)

oh! some one inform me that RAW for FREEZING chapter 61 already appear, gotta look for it
Old 2011-03-07, 13:51   Link #797
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I think I'll rage at Kazuya's stupidity as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post

Spoiler for 41:
Such a stupid sister. She obviously knows what happened in the past too. She thinks it's all going to be okay. The fool.
Old 2011-03-07, 14:12   Link #798
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
the heck is that spoiler content?!
seriously?!!
If it were me, I'll ask for at least some duel with knife or Russian Roulette

Kim-jerk look like some one who favor woman abuse.
It's maybe come as a surprise but even a Killer like me bow down to at least one woman (their Mother) for once.
We praise woman, they are our "Devil's never missed weapon". And to treat Devil God weapon like that....hmmm....let see if I can receive approval to kill Kim-jerk too 4 years from now (hope he still alive)

oh! some one inform me that RAW for FREEZING chapter 61 already appear, gotta look for it
Lol, the chinese already translated up to ch 63. (updated yesterday lol)

Oh come on surerman, after all this abuse for male protagonists by females, we need some gender equality here. (index does a good job as well. xD) While of course rape is a nono (unless it's H ) but some female beatings can serve well.

@DragoZERO and everyone: I guess I'll be the only one that will defend Kazuya. Remember that Kazuya is NOT omniscient. >_>. The brother only reveals his true self when he is alone with Stella, so why the hatred for Kazuya? He doesn't deserve this.

Ok, chapter 62...
- we have a funeral for that E-pandora
- I think the lead scientist? comes in, mocks the death of the E-pandora.
- Amelia snaps, saying that her friend is dead. Scientist rebukes that people die as normal.
- Amelia snaps that the Mark IV pandora project ( I assume it's the E-pandora project) but gets restrained and slapped by the scientist.

Last edited by blitz1/2; 2011-03-07 at 14:22.
Old 2011-03-07, 15:34   Link #799
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
If Kazuya doesn't want to step up and be a man. Ill step in ill gladly take the chance of getting beaten into mush. If i survive then im one step closer. They say love hurts of course in this case it may cripple and possible induce a comatose state as well
Old 2011-03-07, 16:09   Link #800
Shadow5YA

Kazuya is supposed to have one of the most effective freezing abilities. Why can't he just render all the antagonists into sitting ducks and just pummel them? Even if some Novas and Pandoras are too powerful, he should have at least done that to a Limiter like Louis.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, author loves incest, female fighters, futuristic setting, harem, seinen