Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-07, 04:54   Link #241
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I love that we're seeing the supporting cast fleshed out, and also that Arashiyama is becoming more well-rounded as we go. She's actually pretty smart about some things, and clearly has an above-average relationship (by anime standards) with her family.
I was a bit surprised to see her give money to her brother. She's way better older sister than I thought, even though she sometimes makes citical mistakes like changing the channel pr turning off the console right in the middle of a game... but such is life between siblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Agree, need more Kon-senpai, and such a fashion she have there (shirt , paint, black jacket and tie?). And i thought she will be mistaken as a male again. But it seems she really like to hang out with Hotori now (she probably have been frequently visiting her home). And toward the end of the series, she probably will only have the interaction with Hotori
Speaking of Kon, I was surprised she knew Takeru so well. I felt like I missed a few episodes... We did see Hotori talking to her last week, but I hadn't realized they had grown so close already.
Old 2010-11-07, 05:04   Link #242
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Since she did give money to her little bro... does she actually get paid at her job or is it really just to pay off all those year's worth of curry?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 05:39   Link #243
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I think she really do get paid at her job. They must have some actual customers, right...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Speaking of Kon, I was surprised she knew Takeru so well. I felt like I missed a few episodes... We did see Hotori talking to her last week, but I hadn't realized they had grown so close already.
We have to admit that these two have quite good interaction. Since only Kon-senpai follow up Hotori antics, rather than brush it off like Tattsun or the teacher

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2010-11-07 at 06:05.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 06:09   Link #244
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Second part of this weeks episode was taken from volume 04, so obviously there's material being moved around here.
Old 2010-11-07, 14:07   Link #245
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Second part of this weeks episode was taken from volume 04, so obviously there's material being moved around here.
There's some very funny sibling stuff in the manga that hasn't been animated yet - "Space Adventure Romance" from volume 2 is pretty hilarious and has the same authentic feel as the second part of episode 5.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 14:44   Link #246
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler:
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 22:17   Link #247
yura`

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
There's some very funny sibling stuff in the manga that hasn't been animated yet - "Space Adventure Romance" from volume 2 is pretty hilarious and has the same authentic feel as the second part of episode 5.
Authentic's the word! I love the depiction of sibling interaction here, because it reminds of my own relationship with my siblings (three younger siblings in my family)! Those snippets could easily have been the story of my own life! Lol. Hope to see more family stuff adapted for the anime!
yura` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 08:59   Link #248
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
What if his homeroom teacher is actually Hotori's mother.
I wonder about that as well. It would be funny if there was a parent/teacher meeting!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 11:50   Link #249
wingman32x

Watched episodes 3-5. I'm not sure if I like it. It's weird, but not in a good way. I'll give it 2 more episodes. Shows like this make me wonder why I watch Shaft every season. There are good shows like Arakawa, but there are also shows like Soredemo that are just weird and unfunny to me. Like I said, I'll give it 2 more shots since I really like Hotori.

BTW, this is coming 100% from my personal opinion. I mean no direspect to the people who think otherwise concerning the show.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 12:00   Link #250
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
Watched episodes 3-5. I'm not sure if I like it. It's weird, but not in a good way. I'll give it 2 more episodes. Shows like this make me wonder why I watch Shaft every season. There are good shows like Arakawa, but there are also shows like Soredemo that are just weird and unfunny to me. Like I said, I'll give it 2 more shots since I really like Hotori. BTW, this is coming 100% from my personal opinion. I mean no disrespect to the people who think otherwise concerning the show.
I agree about Shaft: I watch every show but only end up finishing some of them. However, the ones I like seem to be different. Arakawa just bores me, as Natsu no Arashi did. But Bakemonogatari and Vampire Bund are among my favorites. Go figure. This show? Comes and goes. Episode 5 was a classic. I have the feeling things are heading in the right direction, but we'll see. Absolutely: 100% personal opinion.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 18:01   Link #251
wingman32x

Shaft has always been inconsistant for me, depending on the show. I love them one season, while I want them to go away the next. I guess it deals with who's behind it.
Old 2010-11-11, 18:02   Link #252
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I guess it deals with who's behind it.
Which would be Akiyuki Shinbo 99% of the time.
Old 2010-11-11, 18:06   Link #253
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Which would be Akiyuki Shinbo 99% of the time.
They're still like that? I kept hearing during the summer that they've gotten bigger.
Old 2010-11-11, 18:13   Link #254
Midonin
Last Engage

The staff's gotten bigger, but it's still one director, one vision, one eschewing of typical presentation sensibilities.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 18:47   Link #255
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
The staff's gotten bigger, but it's still one director, one vision, one eschewing of typical presentation sensibilities.
Ah, I see. Then I guess for me it depends on the tone of the source material. Take this series for example. I don't really think this show neccisarily benefits from Shaft's weird style of humor.
Old 2010-11-11, 18:49   Link #256
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I don't really think this show neccisarily benefits from Shaft's weird style of humor.
But the humor of the show is from the source material . Shinbo just adds in his techniques and camera shots, as usual.
Old 2010-11-11, 20:46   Link #257
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Aww, Takeru and Ebi so cute together. Love how not one, but both of them are two-faced depending on the location they're at. Easily the highlight of the entire series for now for me. <3

Now where's the Sanada and Hotori moments? Still waiting on their history lol.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 21:13   Link #258
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Watched episodes 3-5. I'm not sure if I like it. It's weird, but not in a good way. I'll give it 2 more episodes. Shows like this make me wonder why I watch Shaft every season. There are good shows like Arakawa, but there are also shows like Soredemo that are just weird and unfunny to me. Like I said, I'll give it 2 more shots since I really like Hotori.

BTW, this is coming 100% from my personal opinion. I mean no direspect to the people who think otherwise concerning the show.
Strange, i really like Soredemo, but can't follow Arakawa...

Different demographic target, maybe
Old 2010-11-12, 23:06   Link #259
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Awesome episode. Haven't enjoyed this show so much in a while. Poor Eroyuki...
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 00:09   Link #260
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Awesome episode. Haven't enjoyed this show so much in a while. Poor Eroyuki...
I agree. This episode was great. The thin ice this series was on just got a bit thicker for me.

I feel so bad for EroYuki. That has to suck pretty bad lol. I also loved when the old lady called the regulars "oddly shaped furniture" lol.

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, seinen